Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (8545 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^ And very simply, it did not produce life, as ooman claimed.

ooman did not claim that it produced life but "living molecules ". oomans living mecules are molecules that make like up life like aspartic acid etc that the experiment produced.

incase you dont know, they are nucleotides that make up DNA that make you up.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

ooman did not claim that it produced life but "living molecules ". oomans living mecules are molecules that make like up life like aspartic acid etc that the experiment produced.

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh please someone wake me up from this dream please!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 9:30am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

There is no such thing as the "living" molecules that he claimed, period.

Secondly, he did claim that they explain the origin of life.

https://www.nairaland.com/1192447/religion-no-place-21st-century/3#14314732
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You didnt need 4 pretentious lines to tell us you had no answer to the facts. Like Fox News, you all live in a fact-free bubble so no surprises there.

u are a real duce dunce. whenever I read your post, I feel pitty for a mannerles, tackless dying id.iot that you are.

u lack basic understand of thesis.
u tell people to request for school fees but u should start from nursery 1.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

err mr poop, aspartic acid is not a nucleotide and the miller-urey experiment didnt produce ANY thing that is a constituent of DNA. cheesy cheesy

Did you sleep during integrated science class?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

u are a real duce dunce. whenever I read your post, I feel pitty for a mannerles, tackless dying id.iot that you are.

u lack basic understand of thesis.
u tell people to request for school fees but u should start from nursery 1.

there really is no tact or manners needed to address someone who claims that aspartic acid is a NUCLEOTIDE and hence a component of DNA! cheesy

Please seek a refund of your school fees and pay your tithe.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2013
This is ooman's statement -

ooman: @deepsight; organic evolution explains origin of life. the experiment was made and living molecules spontaneously formed without help from any scientist. google stanley- urey experiment.

https://www.nairaland.com/1192447/religion-no-place-21st-century/3#14313970
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

there really is no tact or manners needed to address someone who claims that aspartic acid is a NUCLEOTIDE and hence a component of DNA! cheesy

Please seek a refund of your school fees and pay your tithe.

U ARE A DUMB FO.OL FOR IMPLYING WHAT I NEVER MEANT.

aspartic acid was an example, the experiment did produce formic acid, is that an amino acid or nucleotide too.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT OOMAN'S " LIVING MOLECULES "

u think u r intelligent but u are not.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by chukkynwob(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2013
Poopil are you Ooman's lawyer? How can you a freethinker,jump to someone's defence because he claims to be an atheist?

GOOGLE is ur friend!!!!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

U ARE A DUMB FO.OL FOR IMPLYING WHAT I NEVER MEANT.

aspartic acid was an example, the experiment did produce formic acid, is that an amino acid or nucleotide too.

u think u r intelligent but u are not.

this is what you said and i quote - ooman did not claim that it produced life but "living molecules ". oomans living mecules are molecules that make like up life like aspartic acid etc that the experiment produced.

So what nucleotides were you talking about? Who made them?

What is the relevance of formic acid here? It is not a human product of any relevance.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:59am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

this is what you said and i quote - ooman did not claim that it produced life but "living molecules ". oomans living mecules are molecules that make like up life like aspartic acid etc that the experiment produced.

So what nucleotides were you talking about? Who made them?

What is the relevance of formic acid here? It is not a human product of any relevance.

I was talking about ooman's living molecule. for anything to qualify as "living molecules", it has to be adenine, cytosine, thymine (uracil) or guanine. combination of these make up aspartic acid (AAU AAC).

I thought you of all, with your "intelligence " would understand that.

I mentioned formic acid so u' d know I wasn't meaning aspartic acid when I mentioned nucleotides.

about who made them, I dont know but I am more certain that the hindus or muslims got their origin right than your silly outdated bible.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2013
One advice poopli, distance yourself from ooman and start thinking for yourself. He's a fraud and you are beginning to sound like rev. Kings followers.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Kay17: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
Deep Sight:

Here is one example: he claimed that an experiment produced life and "living" molecules.

Sheer illiteracy.

If there is a discourse on the ORIGIN of Life, then life definitely has an inanimate parent.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

I was talking about ooman's living molecule. for anything to qualify as "living molecules", it has to be adenine, cytosine, thymine (uracil) or guanine. combination of these make up aspartic acid (AAU AAC).

huh? shocked shocked grin grin

A combination of nucleotides make up aspartic acid? Have you been drinking?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kay 17:

If there is a discourse on the ORIGIN of Life, then life definitely has an inanimate parent.

perfectly right
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kay 17:

perfectly right but not fully understood.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

huh? shocked shocked grin grin

A combination of nucleotides make up aspartic acid? Have you been drinking?

if nucleotide sequence does not make up amino acid which make iife, tell me what does.

you are way too dull to talk about this.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

if nucleotide sequence does not make up amino acid which make iife, tell me what does.

you are way too dull to talk about this.

Actually you are the dullard. You just admitted that aspartic acid is translated from DNA (really as a component of proteins)... that makes nonsense of the Miller-Urey experiment because it was unable to make nucleotides which are the precursors of proteins!

So where did the nucleotides come from?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

Actually you are the dullard. You just admitted that aspartic acid is translated from DNA (really as a component of proteins)... that makes nonsense of the Miller-Urey experiment because it was unable to make nucleotides which are the precursors of proteins!

So where did the nucleotides come from?

I told you I dont know, chemical evolution is a possibility, am assuming you know better genius. but pls dont reiterate biblical nonsense.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

I told you I dont know, chemical evolution is a possibility, am assuming you know better genius. but pls dont reiterate biblical nonsense.

i have not said anything remotely close to the bible here so i dont know what you're on about "reiterating biblical nonsense". You call the bible "nonsense" but have zero grip on your science alternative.

Chemical evolution makes zero sense... you trumped the Miller-Urey experiment as proof that it was a possibility but then ended up looking like the foolishly ignorant person you are. Yes Miller generated 80% coal tar and 1.05% glycine (including useless and dangerous D-isomers that are NOT found in nature by the way)... but we now know that the atmosphere then (which was not reducing despite the lies you've been fed) does not support that experiment. Besides... what made the nucleotides that are precursors of the amino acids or were amino acids generated independently?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

i have not said anything remotely close to the bible here so i dont know what you're on about "reiterating biblical nonsense". You call the bible "nonsense" but have zero grip on your science alternative.

Chemical evolution makes zero sense... you trumped the Miller-Urey experiment as proof that it was a possibility but then ended up looking like the foolishly ignorant person you are. Yes Miller generated 80% coal tar and 1.05% glycine (including useless and dangerous D-isomers that are NOT found in nature by the way)... but we now know that the atmosphere then (which was not reducing despite the lies you've been fed) does not support that experiment. Besides... what made the nucleotides that are precursors of the amino acids or were amino acids generated independently?

I have noticed that you are really empty with no message to pass across.

you keep asking what when I told you twice I do not know and since you obviously know how to debunk other people 's ideas I thought you might have an answer yourself but you dont seem to.

stop asking me, you tell me and if you dont know, stop wasting my time.

so what made the first life and all life, how did everything come about? you have to give answers, dont just be an enemy of progress, use your head and add to the progress yourself.

this is the same question I asked brokoto and now, he is no where to be found.

am waiting.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 10:13am On Feb 17, 2013
what religion does is to blindfold people and stop them from having any real understanding of a premise.

thank you poopli for expantiating what I meant. I SHOULD HAVE SPOON FED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. MY ONLY MISTAKE IS THAT I THOUGHT THEY HAVE ENOUGH BRAIN TO COMPREHEND, BUT NOW I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM. TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING AS IF TALKING TO NURSERY SCHOOL STUDENTS.

concerning the stanley ure experiment, that fact that a recognizable complex chemical spontaneously formed at all is a path to the possibility that chemical evolution is possible, even though not proved yet, but religion has blindfolded them to this possibility.

the question is this, if chemical evolution is not possible, then why did chemicals produced by living systems (formic acid by Ants) and contained by living systems (glycine, aspartic acid) SPONTANEOUSLY FORMED IN THE EXPERIMENT NO MATTER THE CONDITIONS OF EARLY EARTH?

if chemical evolution is not possible, them WHY SOMETHING INSTEAD OF NOTHING.?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
poopli:

you keep asking what when I told you twice I do not know and since you obviously know how to debunk other people 's ideas I thought you might have an answer yourself but you dont seem to.

so what made the first life and all life, how did everything come about? you have to give answers, dont just be an enemy of progress, use your head and add to the progress yourself.

am waiting.

@poopli, you are simply wasting your time arguing with Davidylan. He has no grey matter between his ears. I called him out on one of ooman's thread. He tries to pretend he is intelligent, but he is simply one of the most unintelligent being I have ever had the misfortune to come across.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 05, 2013
poopli:

am waiting.
in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / What Happens When You're Dead? / Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.