Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (8548 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli: Oonan, you are doing great.

Brokoto, I love your arguement of intelligent design (ID, according to ooman). you are great, you would have been greater than ooman but you didn't offer any explanation like ooman, you just assume everything must be designed. offer proves like ooman, links too and perhaps, I will join you.

DAVIDYLAN, YOU POISON EVERYTHING, PLS GET OUT OF HERE. YOUR STUP.IDITY AND CRAZI.NESS MADE YOU IMPLY WHAT OOMAN NEVER INTEND. YOU ARE TURNING EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN HERE. ooman never mentioned thymus, tonsil, you did. you always love to make ooman look stup.id, I have been following you. on the contrary, you are stu.pid instead for doing that. you are a crazy bi.tch

chukkynwob, I love your counter on the appendix issue even though ooman gave a rebuff back. you are great too. keep it up, dont let ooman turn us to illiterates here

I think ooman is making sense though and needs to be understood. he is the only atheist scientist here among many xtians, so pls excuse him for some mistakes

brokoto, pls enlighten me more on your philosophy, I love it. I want to believe it, it seem to make sense but pls start with who designed god if everything is designed

deepsight, I also saw you.

macdaddy, you are a disappointment for your comment that one guy does not represent all atheist . what are you implying about ooman, just shut up.

goosebaba, I think ooman is right on the homosexual stuff.

let ooman and brokoto continue this debate, others may join but davidylan, do you always poison everything good everywhere you are? you dont make sense here, get out, you are not wanted.

hey poop! grin Feeling angry that i love to expose the utter lack of grey matter many of your blabbing atheists keep insisting on showing around here?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 5:54am On Feb 16, 2013
everything I have said here is supported by verified evidences. you may reject some of them, but you cannot reject all of them
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 6:15am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

hey poop! grin Feeling angry that i love to expose the utter lack of grey matter many of your blabbing atheists keep insisting on showing around here?

am not an atheist, silly but I dont believe in your god and savior. only dumb people like you believe such stories.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 6:16am On Feb 16, 2013
ooman: everything I have said here is supported by verified evidences. you may reject some of them, but you cannot reject all of them

you are always 90% right, 10% controversial, 0% wrong.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

am not an atheist, silly but I dont believe in your god and savior. only dumb people like you believe such stories.

which is why "smart" poop like you believe the idiocy that ooman dishes out to you daily? grin You certainly dont give a very good account of your smarts my boy.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 16, 2013
ooman: everything I have said here is supported by verified evidences. you may reject some of them, but you cannot reject all of them

Aww c'mon dont be such a dunce. Are you still peddling the vestigial organs nonsense?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 7:56am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

you are always 90% right, 10% controversial, 0% wrong.

Zero % wrong? Like when the eediot claimed that an experiment had produced "living" molecules?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2013
chukkynwob: The debate of the existence of God is one of the oldest debates of all times and so no matter what we say here,the deabate cannot and will not end with us.

My appeal to all(atheists,Deist,Theist) is that we abide by an ethical code of not mixing personal opinions(including worldviews) with scientific facts.

And one scientific fact remains (as much as my atheists friends are tired of my saying so); 0 + 0 = 0!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

which is why "smart" poop like you believe the idiocy that ooman dishes out to you daily? grin You certainly dont give a very good account of your smarts my boy.

what he says are correct in current scientific knowledge. I have read through everything, maybe his pattern of writing is wrong as they are sometimes contradictory but his aims are right after all.

give me one example of what he says that is TOTALLY wrong without redemption. majority of what he said you choose to reject and ignore. then you pick on some of his ideas and make a matter out of it. ooman is better than you 100% .
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

what he says are correct in current scientific knowledge. I have read through everything, maybe his pattern of writing is wrong as they are sometimes contradictory but his aims are right after all.

give me one example of what he says that is TOTALLY wrong without redemption. majority of what he said you choose to reject and ignore. then you pick on some of his ideas and make a matter out of it. ooman is better than you 100% .

Here is one example: he claimed that an experiment produced life and "living" molecules.

Sheer illiteracy.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:13am On Feb 16, 2013
Deep Sight:

Zero % wrong? Like when the eediot claimed that an experiment had produced "living" molecules?

DEEPSIGHT you followed me here. you will spend a week in hell for stalking me.

when ooman said they produced living molecules, he meant they produced molecules that are precursors to molecules that made life up, you guys misunderstood him. the molecules produced include GLYCINE, SARCOSINE, ALPHA ALANINE, ASPARTIC ACID, FORMIC ACID, UREA, BETA ALAMINE among others

3 of the above molecules are nucleotides that make up DNA THAT MADE ALL LIFE UP, so in a sense, ooman is right.

The possibility of chance to produce such product is very low in mathematical sense, ran into one in billions, a matimatician says its 1 in 40 billion, yet experiment confirmed its possibility, this and some personal reasons is why I forgot about the xtians explanation and became an agnostic and why I want to learn about your believes(deepsight).
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

oops i guess i overestimated your own intelligence. grin Ooman's idea of the appendix as a vestigial organ is correct in current scientific knowledge? Please you need a refund of your school fees pls.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

oops i guess i overestimated your own intelligence. grin Ooman's idea of the appendix as a vestigial organ is correct in current scientific knowledge? Please you need a refund of your school fees pls.

tell me the appendix was never and is still not believed BY SOME SCIENTISTS to be a vestigial organ. its function has not been agreeably determined FULLY. so some still think its vestigial organ. SIMILAR organs have uses in other animals.

dont be too quick to abuse people with words just because you are on the internet, you dont know who the person at the other end is. respect is reciprocal
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by chukkynwob(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

Or maybe Ooman's idea that you can touch and feel energy,despite the fact that I tried my utmost best to redeem him from such ignorance. I rest my case.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

DEEPSIGHT you followed me here. you will spend a week in hell for stalking me.

when ooman said they produced living molecules, he meant they produced molecules that are precursors to molecules that made life up, you guys misunderstood him. the molecules produced include GLYCINE, SARCOSINE, ALPHA ALANINE, ASPARTIC ACID, FORMIC ACID, UREA, BETA ALAMINE among others

3 of the above molecules are nucleotides that make up DNA, so in a sense, ooman is right.

You are being disingenous here. There is a difference between "living molecules" and "precursors to molecules that made life up". Secondly, amino acids are certainly not precursors to life... and you should note that a good 90% of the products of Miller's experiment was COAL TAR! Third, NASA has debunked the very premise of Miller's experiment (Levine, J. (1983), “New Ideas About the Early Atmosphere,” NASA Special Report, No. 225, Langley Research Center, August 11)... that the earth started out in a reducing state. This implies that oxygen has always existed in the atmosphere... a condition that makes Miller's experiment essentially useless since he SHOWED QUITE CLEARLY that his experiment fell apart in the presence of oxygen.

but most importantly, Miller's amino acids were a mixture of both L and D isomers. We know very well that only the L amino acids are found in nature. The D form of amino acids are actually deleterious.

Try again plum head. cheesy
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

tell me the appendix was never and is still not believed BY SOME SCIENTISTS to be a vestigial organ. its function has not been agreeably determined FULLY. so some still think its vestigial organ. SIMILAR organs have uses in other animals.

dont be too quick to abuse people with words just because you are on the internet, you dont know who the person at the other end is. respect is reciprocal

Over 100 yrs ago, Darwin told us the thymus was a vestigial organ... now we know better.

My brother... i do not respect complete dunces. To say that the appendix is vestigial is the antithesis of learning.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2013
chukkynwob:

Or maybe Ooman's idea that you can touch and feel energy,despite the fact that I tried my utmost best to redeem him from such ignorance. I rest my case.

I tire for am.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2013
ACTUALLY APPENDIX IS A FINGERLIKE EXTENSION OF THE VETERBRATE CECUM THAT CONTAINS MASS OF WHITE BLOOD CELLS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO IMMUNITY. BUT BECAUSE LYMPH NODE AND MANY OTHER WHITE CELLS STORING MECHANISM HAS EVOLVED, WHICH ARE MORE EFFICIENT THAN APPENDIX, MANY SCIENTISTS THEREFORE THINK THAT ITS FUNCTION IS DEGENERATE IN HUMAN.

PEOPLE WHO REMOVED THEIR APPENDIX DO NOT SHOW SYMPTOMS OF IMMUNE FAILURE BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER BODY PARTS PERFORMING THE FUNCTION MORE. EVOLUTIONARILY, IT IS DEGENERATE SIMPLE
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by chukkynwob(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2013
grin*grabs popcorn and coke* helluva saturday morning grin
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:48am On Feb 16, 2013
chukkynwob:

energy can only be conceived, we are all still learning.

actually, I think energy is an idea, can you help? I need more theories about energy.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

Over 100 yrs ago, Darwin told us the thymus was a vestigial organ... now we know better.

My brother... i do not respect complete dunces. To say that the appendix is vestigial is the antithesis of learning.

vestigial- NO

degenerate-YES
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli: ACTUALLY APPENDIX IS A FINGERLIKE EXTENSION OF THE VETERBRATE CECUM THAT CONTAINS MASS OF WHITE BLOOD CELLS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO IMMUNITY. BUT BECAUSE LYMPH NODE AND MANY OTHER WHITE CELLS STORING MECHANISM HAS EVOLVED, WHICH ARE MORE EFFICIENT THAN APPENDIX, MANY SCIENTISTS THEREFORE THINK THAT ITS FUNCTION IS DEGENERATE IN HUMAN.

PEOPLE WHO REMOVED THEIR APPENDIX DO NOT SHOW SYMPTOMS OF IMMUNE FAILURE BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER BODY PARTS PERFORMING THE FUNCTION MORE. EVOLUTIONARILY, IT IS DEGENERATE SIMPLE

This is quite dumb. Let me give you a short list of body parts you can remove and still survive just fine:

1. One eye
2. One ear
3. One lung lobe
4. 75% of your liver
5. 80% of the intestines
6. Gall bladder
7. Spleen
8. Lymph nodes

I could go on and on... are you also aware that your chromosomes come in pairs and that should you have a defect in one allele you would be just fine with the second allele as long as that one isnt carrying a dominant trait?

My brother you lack intelligence. grin
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

vestigial- NO

degenerate-YES

The thymus isnt degenerate. There is something called T cells - you know those cells that the HIV virus primarily targets thus leaving you susceptible to the simplest of all infections? Well the "T" in that name is short for the THYMUS because that is where they are made! The body is absolutely remarkable in that for the most part, other body parts have the ability to compensate for the loss of one organ... for example even the bone marrow can take up T cell production in the absence of a thymus. Its like having a back-up system in the event of a mechanical failure. That to me is indicative of an INTELLIGENT design of the human body.

Bros your school fees would be better used as tithe. grin
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

The thymus isnt degenerate. There is something called T cells - you know those cells that the HIV virus primarily targets thus leaving you susceptible to the simplest of all infections? Well the "T" in that name is short for the THYMUS because that is where they are made! The body is absolutely remarkable in that for the most part, other body parts have the ability to compensate for the loss of one organ... for example even the bone marrow can take up T cell production in the absence of a thymus. Its like having a back-up system in the event of a mechanical failure. That to me is indicative of an INTELLIGENT design of the human body.

why do u like thymus so much.

we are talking about appendix.
dont be silly
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli: ACTUALLY APPENDIX IS A FINGERLIKE EXTENSION OF THE VETERBRATE CECUM THAT CONTAINS MASS OF WHITE BLOOD CELLS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO IMMUNITY. BUT BECAUSE LYMPH NODE AND MANY OTHER WHITE CELLS STORING MECHANISM HAS EVOLVED, WHICH ARE MORE EFFICIENT THAN APPENDIX, MANY SCIENTISTS THEREFORE THINK THAT ITS FUNCTION IS DEGENERATE IN HUMAN.

that is not true. If that were the case then we could just as easily consider lymph nodes as "degenerate". Cancer survivors typically have lymph nodes close to cancer resection sites removed to prevent cancer cells that may have spread from being move to other organs. those patients live as normal a life as you and me because other organs take up the immune response function.

Is the spleen degenerate too? And the bone marrow?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

why do u like thymus so much.

we are talking about appendix.
dont be silly

Because the thymus is an example of Darwin's ignorance at the time he wrote that list. If he could make such a colossal mistake with the thymus, why are you sure the appendix is any better?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:05am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

You are being disingenous here. There is a difference between "living molecules" and "precursors to molecules that made life up". Secondly, amino acids are certainly not precursors to life... and you should note that a good 90% of the products of Miller's experiment was COAL TAR! Third, NASA has debunked the very premise of Miller's experiment (Levine, J. (1983), “New Ideas About the Early Atmosphere,” NASA Special Report, No. 225, Langley Research Center, August 11)... that the earth started out in a reducing state. This implies that oxygen has always existed in the atmosphere... a condition that makes Miller's experiment essentially useless since he SHOWED QUITE CLEARLY that his experiment fell apart in the presence of oxygen.

but most importantly, Miller's amino acids were a mixture of both L and D isomers. We know very well that only the L amino acids are found in nature. The D form of amino acids are actually deleterious.

Try again plum head. cheesy

u try again, the experiment never INCLUDED FREE OXYGEN

mixture of nh3, ch4, h2, boiling h2o, electricity, n2, co2 was all molecules used IN A VACUUM.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

u try again, the experiment never INCLUDED FREE OXYGEN

mixture of nh3, ch4, h2, boiling h2o, electricity, n2, co2 was all molecules used IN A VACUUM.

that was the point bubble head. grin

The whole premise of the experiment was that the earth was a reducing atmosphere then (i.e. no oxygen). Now this is important because Miller-Urey found out that their experiment did not work in the presence of oxygen hence we all bought the silly "reducing atmosphere" theory with no evidence. Well NASA has just debunked that silly idea (see paper that i referenced in the earlier post you quoted). The earth was not reducing in nature, which means the Miller-Urey experiment is nonsense.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 9:20am On Feb 16, 2013
^^^ And very simply, it did not produce life, as ooman claimed.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by poopli: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2013
davidylan:

u are very very very silly and dumb for diverging to thymus when we are talking about appendix

must you change the contention to prove anything, does that make you feel intelligent?

tell u what, u are so boring that talking with u is tedious.

byebye tongue
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^ And very simply, it did not produce life, as ooman claimed.

I guess only poop believes ooman. grin Even macdaddy refused to come to his rescue.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 16, 2013
poopli:

u are very very very silly and dumb for diverging to thymus when we are talking about appendix

must you change the contention to prove anything, does that make you feel intelligent?

tell u what, u are so boring that talking with u is tedious.

byebye tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You didnt need 4 pretentious lines to tell us you had no answer to the facts. Like Fox News, you all live in a fact-free bubble so no surprises there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens When You're Dead? / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.