Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (8549 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Emusan:

They (scientist) say the surface temperature of the sun is almost 4000 degree centigrade while its inner temperature is over 1million degree centigrade. Tell me what else on earth can withstand that hug amount of temperature. Yet they said some elements are present inside the sun. Then answer the, why did you believe in electron you have never seen?

Actually, the surface temperature of the sun is 15,000 degrees centigrade as accurately measured. The core temperature runs into millions of degrees, just google chromosphere, it will enlighten you about the sun u see daily.

your other question shows your ignorance about science. have u not heard that scientists in california recreated the sun in an underground lab some years back, that should tell u that there is nothing so special about the sun.

concerning seeing the electron, every pixels of pictures that you see in tube tv is carried by an electron in motion, the motion caused by electricity, which is why you don't see anything when there is no power. so as long as you have watched tubed tv before, congratulations, you have seen electrons.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Donalð Genes: Without sounding uncluttered...I want to say something simple and I'm gonna lace in the form of simple direct question
1.Where do you think the Oxygen that you breathing likewise everybody comes from? From who?
2.Why do you satan is running around doing nothing but to decieve people.He Knows his time is short and reason God is letting him run around to and fro the earth is simple.his destruction is up.when God created us he gave us the free will to enjoy the good things he created and satan thought ohhh I want to be like God simply b'cos he was given the ample opportunity to worship God and that was his greatest doing.
3.Our God is everything you see around you including satan,all the angels are His,satan was stupid to think he wants to be like God,lemme ask you,can you be like your father,albeit,as he revolt and disobey God,God in His wiseness thought it wise to destroy him in His appointed time and that's why he is roaming the street,it doesn't take God one second to make him useless,Remember God is ever merciful,He gives us a chance to come back to Him and Worship Him and Him alone,
4.Apparently when you said it proudly you don't believe in God,then who then will you believe,Where do you eyes,the mouth,the legs and everything inherent in you,Do you think its just by chance,the food,the vegetables,the herbs in the field,the water you drink,you wake up everyday hearing people died and you still alive,Do you think you are better than those who died,have you come to think if people died where do they go? The truth is simple,God loves you and That's the reason You still alive not minding what you called Him,He is still your God,Surrender your life to christ,It is not hard,its like ABC in nursery school,God doesn't need anything from you,Its just your heart He needs,that's all,

just like macdaddy illustrated, u really disappointed me with those questions, even a ss2 chemistry student knows about oxygen

concerning satan, that is god's problem not mine.

my question for you is: have u seen devil? if no, how then do you know he's running. you need to start thinking for yourself and forget the bible.

concerning your other questions, what I will advice you is to enroll to a school, its never too late.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hi, just me, Simone, saying it's ova. Hi.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by FXKing2012(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
all4naija: I am Atheist. I am happy I am no longer a religionist.
How sad!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

well, the earth is not the only planet in the universe that can support life. have you heard of goldielock-google it, its a planet which POSSIBLY contains life, Though it HASNT been confirmed because we can do space travel yet. The earth does not contain PERFECT condition for life, the earth can only sustain life, it is not perfect for it. you can confirm this with the knowledge that earthquake, tsunami, cyclones, cosmic rays kill us. If a god made the earth, then it should be perfect for life, because genesis says"god looked at all he has made and they were good", except if earthquake looks good to him, if not, then there should be no natural disaster except if it is part of god's plan, since everything is part of gods plan now,that is the current excuse for god's insouciance.

in science,it doesnt matter what people think, what matters is what the evidence supports. the current conviction in science is what evidence proves so forget the old scientists but in doing that, dont forget they got many things right like gravity, boyles law etc

if you think that god set things in motion and then left, then yo
u are a deist not a christian.

I also want you to think about something:IF NATURE CAN SELF COORDINATE, WHY CANT IT SELF ORIGINATE FROM ENERGY WHICH CANNOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED?
well, I didn't say the earth was perfect for life but that it sustains life. With probability, scientists are able to calculate that there has to be other planets that have just the right conditions like earth to sustain life but its yet to be seen or proven.
Yes, older scientists got some things right but it only goes to prove my point. Science is evolving and what we think is correct today might be wrong tomorrow but one thing is certain, science has not proven the non-existence of God and atheists are twisting facts to support their claim. You don't need to see God to know he exists. We can't see air, electrons, protons or even atoms but through their actions we know they exist.

I'm not a Christian by the way. I just believe that there's a God. There's more circumstantial evidence for his existence than not.

I think you should answer your last question. Evolutionists make the claim.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 12:03am On Feb 14, 2013
brokoto: well, I didn't say the earth was perfect for life but that it sustains life. With probability, scientists are able to calculate that there has to be other planets that have just the right conditions like earth to sustain life but its yet to be seen or proven.
Yes, older scientists got some things right but it only goes to prove my point. Science is evolving and what we think is correct today might be wrong tomorrow but one thing is certain, science has not proven the non-existence of God and atheists are twisting facts to support their claim. You don't need to see God to know he exists. We can't see air, electrons, protons or even atoms but through their actions we know they exist.

I'm not a Christian by the way. I just believe that there's a God. There's more circumstantial evidence for his existence than not.

sorry but you can see air when it is colored in the lab. you can see, feel touch everything when it has been liquified in the lab.

concerning you thinking there is no evidence to disprove god, think again, science is bleeding evidence against god
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 14, 2013
ooman:

sorry but you can see air when it is colored in the lab. you can see, feel touch everything when it has been liquified in the lab.

concerning you thinking there is no evidence to disprove god, think again, science is bleeding evidence against god
for one, God cannot be put under a microscope bro. Have they been able to liquefy atoms yet?
And why do you think its a case of science vs God?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 12:18am On Feb 14, 2013
brokoto: for one, God cannot be put under a microscope bro. Have they been able to liquefy atoms yet?

The Abrahamic god is unscientific

invisible, spaceless, timeless, matterless and supernatural
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by victorNRceo: 12:24am On Feb 14, 2013
@ooman,logicboy03 and some other atheist,plz enlighten me on how and who created this planet earth,other planets and other creations like sun,stars,moon. Or just tell me how they all came to existence. I Really wan2 an analytical and proof-directed explanation(scientific or observational based).
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

The Abrahamic god is unscientific

invisible, spaceless, timeless, matterless and supernatural
what is the 'abrahamic' god as opposed to others?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 12:33am On Feb 14, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:
@ooman,logicboy03 and some other atheist,plz enlighten me on how and who created this planet earth,other planets and other creations like sun,stars,moon. Or just tell me how they all came to existence. I Really wan2 an analytical and proof-directed explanation(scientific or observational based).

"who" begs the question.

You can not just fill anything you dont know with god. As far as we know, the universe came along as a result of the big ba.ng. What came before the big bang? We dont know. Scientists are researching. To then postulate that a god did it without any evidence is fallacious.

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ijawkid(m): 12:34am On Feb 14, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

They will tell u it came by some random chance.........they'll attribute It to the big slam.......fools is what they all are.........
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by GooseBaba: 12:35am On Feb 14, 2013
brokoto: well, I didn't say the earth was perfect for life but that it sustains life. With probability, scientists are able to calculate that there has to be other planets that have just the right conditions like earth to sustain life but its yet to be seen or proven.

I agree with you. There is a God and he wrote no books nor gave commandments. The source that preserves, sustains and ends life is God. It's in the essence of all living things..
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 12:37am On Feb 14, 2013
ijawkid:

They will tell u it came by some random chance.........they'll attribute It to the big slam.......fools is what they all are.........

lol......ironic that you're the foolish one

1)natural selection is the opposite of random chance
2)the big ban.g is a provable scientific theory.

Your god is unscientific and nonsensical

-Spaceless, timeless, matterless and supernatural.

What is the difference between your god and an invisble, non-existent unicorns
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by victorNRceo: 2:41am On Feb 14, 2013
ijawkid:

the bible(in d book of mathew) Condemns u calling a brother 'fool',hmm,that applies,if u regarded them as brodas. Any wayz we re vulnerable to anger,buh,u nid 2 remember dat d God in d bible created us in his likeness and one of his likeness is being mysterious(does things in wayz we can't ''understand'') so wot'z the stunts 'bout atheism n the rest being against his will,jst because we ''understand'' this by men in the bible as being canal-minded. Take note of d quoted(understand),we were never made 2 understand anyone's intentions and accept them,as long as d deeds yield beneficiary results,it's good. Though we are prone 2 make wrong decisions and regret d act,buh it's all gud,God in bible made wrong decisions and regretted(the Noah story),u see,the same likeness. And don't condemn folks to hell,the bible didn't conclude that,and to be logical and inherent to ur beliefs of d God in d bible,he would be clever to understand d likeness(qualities) of his creation and would kno an overwhelmingly mysterious way to turn d world around as he's acclaimed to work beyond understanding. I think d God in the bible would see d fight 4 belief dominance or credibility a depreciation of his fellow likeness(we). Tanx 4 d advice,anyway. And now,I wan2 hear 4rm d ATHEIST.«I'm not intending to cause an argument.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by victorNRceo: 2:41am On Feb 14, 2013
AND I'M NOT 4RM THE JEHOVAH WITNESS.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 14, 2013
ooman:

Actually, the surface temperature of the sun is 15,000 degrees centigrade as accurately measured. The core temperature runs into millions of degrees, just google chromosphere, it will enlighten you about the sun u see daily.

your other question shows your ignorance about science. have u not heard that scientists in california recreated the sun in an underground lab some years back, that should tell u that there is nothing so special about the sun.

concerning seeing the electron, every pixels of pictures that you see in tube tv is carried by an electron in motion, the motion caused by electricity, which is why you don't see anything when there is no power. so as long as you have watched tubed tv before, congratulations, you have seen electrons.

Really? Is that why the sun is still going billions of years after and your scientists where only able to keep the generated heat for only 1 billionth of a second? grin
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DeepSight(m): 3:35am On Feb 14, 2013
davidylan:

Really? Is that why the sun is still going billions of years after and your scientists where only able to keep the generated heat for only 1 billionth of a second? grin

Even that does not go to the pith. When a scientist creates such things, he is working with things already existing. The question is that which caused anything to exist in the first place?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Even that does not go to the pith. When a scientist creates such things, he is working with things already existing. The question is that which caused anything to exist in the first place?

It cost $1.8bn to create that "sun" that flashed for only 1 billionth of a second. I wonder who sponsored the creation of the sun and how much it would have cost.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Kay17: 6:06am On Feb 14, 2013
Whenever the religious vs infidel argument pops up, we forget the uniqueness and subjectivity of Faith, which is the ONLY wall between both sides. Talk on Faith and not Knowledge!

As to the theist vs atheist argument, I believe that another side to the Causeless cause argument, is that it reveals a bit, the possibility of causeless causes. That complex structures can come by without causes, BECAUSE there is at least one definite Causeless Cause.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2013
Kay 17: Whenever the religious vs infidel argument pops up, we forget the uniqueness and subjectivity of Faith, which is the ONLY wall between both sides. Talk on Faith and not Knowledge!

As to the theist vs atheist argument, I believe that another side to the Causeless cause argument, is that it reveals a bit, the possibility of causeless causes. That complex structures can come by without causes, BECAUSE there is at least one definite Causeless Cause.

that makes no sense because it is empirically impossible. Your computer cannot assemble itself by accident.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Inova(m): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2013
Emusan: Wernher Von Braun, the first director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre, who's known "the father of the American space programme," stated in a published article in May, 1974: ' one cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be a design and purpose behind it all... The better we understand the intricacies of the universe...the more reason we have found to marvel at the inherent design upon which is based... To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that everything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself...... What random process could produce the brain of a man or the system of the human eyes?

They(evolutionists) challenge science to prove the existence of God. But must we really light a candle to see the sun?.. They say they can't visualise a designer. Well, can a physicist visualise an electron? What strange rationale makes some physicist accept the incoceivable electron as real, while refusing to accept the reality of a designer on the ground that they cannot conceive Him? If there's a book, then there must be a publisher; if there's a building, then there must be an architect and a builder; if there's a work of art, then there must be an artist. "lift your eyes and look to the heavens: who created all these?
Have you ever bothered to think of what broilers or layers (chickens) think about who their creator is? They would obviously say its the humans feeding them abi. Dats just how our underdeveloped brain concieves things at the moment. But until we develop the brain thru science dat is wen we will know exactly our origin. Quantum physics is the answer to our question. And by the way electrons are viewable. So are cells and even much more smaller entities. Quantum physics deals with the study of the tiniest entities in the world. Dat is the structure of an atom and how the elements came together to form it. GBAM. Till we know dat we will still be grouping in the dark calling on imaginary gods to come to our aid.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Kay17: 6:26am On Feb 14, 2013
davidylan:

that makes no sense because it is empirically impossible. Your computer cannot assemble itself by accident.

BUT God from whom all things come from + the Universe, is causeless??
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Inova(m): 6:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Zet72: tongue A fool says in his heart that there is no God......But does it change the fact that God existed, No...
Do you belive there are other intelligent beings just like you out there? I'm sure you will say NO becos u need physical evidence. But you are willing to belive wat you have neva seen before. An image imported to you for mental enslavement. And you think the white men liked your black ass so much that they brought the true religion to you from afar? Open your eyes and liberalize ur mind.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by wirinet(m): 6:53am On Feb 14, 2013
davidylan:

It cost $1.8bn to create that "sun" that flashed for only 1 billionth of a second. I wonder who sponsored the creation of the sun and how much it would have cost.

Mr David, this is the reason i quarrel with you regarding yourself as a scientist, you reason more like a theologian.

As a scientist, you should know that modeling a phenomenon in the lab is good enough to understand what happens in nature. So modelling a fusion reaction in a bottle can be extrapolated to understand how the sun works. This is in response to believers who claim the way the sun works is a mystery.

How long do you expect the "sun" created in the lab to flash for? Even if the whole mass of the earth were to be used for fusion reaction, it would flash for only about 30,000 years, given that the sun is about 330,000 more massive than the earth and is expected to flash for about 10billion years. So you should not expect a few kilogram of hydrogen fusion experiment in a lab to last for more than a few Nano seconds.

if an experiment cannot be repeated in the lab, you would disparate science as faith based belief(eg. Evolution), and if an experiment is proovable in a lab, you would still complain that the experiment was not performed at the same scale and exact conditions as that found in nature, so your faith based convictions is therefore automatically valid.

Na wa o. And you still claim to be a scientist that perform lab experiments.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Goldenheart(m): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2013
Olodostein: I don't need to understand Atheist. They need to be redeemed.

Almighty God is omnipotent, Omniscience and omnipresent.

Atheist you wanna know the Truth? Seek Jesus. He is the way , truth and life.

Seek God in truth and in spirit. He will reveal himself to you.

No need for your limited reason in trying to prove what is Real.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom!
.Butress; as father pitieth his chiildren so the lord pitieth those who fear him.......
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

nairaland is not a nursery school, pls, go back to school. I discuss with people with at least fundamental knowledge.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2013
wirinet:

Mr David, this is the reason i quarrel with you regarding yourself as a scientist, you reason more like a theologian.

As a scientist, you should know that modeling a phenomenon in the lab is good enough to understand what happens in nature. So modelling a fusion reaction in a bottle can be extrapolated to understand how the sun works. This is in response to believers who claim the way the sun works is a mystery.

How long do you expect the "sun" created in the lab to flash for? Even if the whole mass of the earth were to be used for fusion reaction, it would flash for only about 30,000 years, given that the sun is about 330,000 more massive than the earth and is expected to flash for about 10billion years. So you should not expect a few kilogram of hydrogen fusion experiment in a lab to last for more than a few Nano seconds.

if an experiment cannot be repeated in the lab, you would disparate science as faith based belief(eg. Evolution), and if an experiment is proovable in a lab, you would still complain that the experiment was not performed at the same scale and exact conditions as that found in nature, so your faith based convictions is therefore automatically valid.

Na wa o. And you still claim to be a scientist that perform lab experiments.
perfect answer, you should know to avoid that guy called davi****lan, he is a total f*** up. I learned that the hard way.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2013
Happy Fuckers day to y'all. Screw you!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2013
brokoto:

because science is a triumph of man over God.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by chukkynwob(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2013
Ile-Ife:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.

THAT WILL STIFFLE FREE SPEECH, Joshua 24:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 14, 2013
don't worry, you guys will soon believe in God and Jesus Christ. i just hope it's not when it's too late, when you see him face t face. It's reality, it's non-negotiable fact. It can't be helped. It's real, whether you believe it or not. Simple and short. There is enough proof for you in the bible. If you're still strong headed, na you sabi. God will help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens When You're Dead? / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.