Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! (9462 Views)

Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by justaqad(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2013
BĂ©lla3: Na lie johr...grin wetin... Kai na lie.

C u..... Mmam wu onye igbo...
Onye ajuju ane fu uzo....
Hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by wiegraf: 10:57am On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anony is a smart psychopath. Just like a pope. He will shake your hand as an atheist but put ideologies that will hinder your disbelief behind your back.

Yup, something like that.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 17, 2013
wiegraf:

Now, an anony or sn00(whatever his handle is) on the other hand, who look nice and fluffy on the outside but think in order to 'fix the world' we need more 'soldiers of christ'? Insisting religion and state mix?* Those you should be very weary of...

Hehehe. Nice and fluffy. Lol.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Ishilove: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

When you say that you are speaking based on your experience, I know you are talking foolishly. Why? Because your experience also includes experiencing Jesus which is a delusion. You now know atheists after months of ignorant statements about atheists here on Nairaland. Stop the lies

Dont be suprised if I take your experience on religous/atheist matters with a grain of salt.
Worreva. Your opinion doesn't change the fact that atheists are not burnt on the stake or stabbed or worreva in Nigeria. I gat nothing to prove to you, neither do I have the inclination. Stop exaggerating and be bold in your beliefs. If you can run your mouth a mile a minute in a faceless forum, then you should be able to do more out there. Put your mouth where your pocket is.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2013
Mad peeps on the lose...
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
Stop exaggerating and be bold in your beliefs. If you can run your mouth a mile a minute in a faceless forum, then you should be able to do more out there. Put your mouth where your pocket is.

Logicboy, please do not take this advice o. Better go and look up the hot slap Oyedepo gave to the little girl that claim she is a witch for Jesus. Yours will be 10000000x worse, as it will be all the pastors and their followers like ishilove giving you hot slaps.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Creatrixity(m): 11:17am On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Of course, stabbing is not the MO of Nigerians. They prefer ALUU style beatings, Acid throwing and bombing.

We all know how your fundamentalist brothers behave.First is to accuse the atheist that makes the mistake of speaking out as a demon/witch and the next is to exorcise by ALUU style beatings.

Well..depends on where you voice out your beliefs ..illiteracy/fundamentalism/superstition will always take it's toll on the brain of Nigerian religious people...
Oh..and try not to be poor and Godless..by definition,a nigerian witch is a poor,wicked person,take note of the 'poor'...i personally do not believe in blaming misfortunes on some poor widow..
I wish you well if you relocate to Nigeria!
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by naptu2: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2013
I have a relative who's an atheist and everybody knows that he is an atheist (there's no way that you won't know. He is very vocal about his beliefs).

The second most interesting atheist I've met in Lagos is my half Nigerian/half British friend who lived in a village for a while. He told me that he suspected that the villagers thought that he was a devil worshipper because he neither went to church or mosque.

But the most interesting and vocal atheist I ever met in Lagos is Professor Douglas Aniele (aka "Orange Man). He will spend hours "disabusing your mind about religion". I gather that his students sometimes do not get as much instruction as they should, because they spend half their lecture period arguing whether there is a God or not.

He often writes columns in newspapers espousing atheist views (eg during the debate about same sex marriage).

DR Tai Solarin.

I never met him, but he is probably the most famous and most tolerant Nigerian atheist.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Ishilove: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
naptu2:
But the most interesting and vocal atheist I ever met in Lagos is Professor Douglas Aniele (aka "Orange Man). He will spend hours "disabusing your mind about religion". I gather that his students sometimes do not get as much instruction as they should, because they spend half their lecture period arguing whether there is a God or not.

He often writes columns in newspapers espousing atheist views (eg during the debate about same sex marriage).

It was because of his radical and unconditional views that I avoided taking his courses back then in my undergrad days. Dr Anele till this day is very much respected in the Faculty of Arts, and no one has attempted to lynch him so far.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
It was because of his radical and unconditional views that I avoided taking his courses back then in my undergrad days. Dr Anele till this day is very much respected in the Faculty of Arts, and no one has attempted to lynch him so far.

I dont know how you can prove the bold.

Anyways, even your actions betray you, You boycotted his classes as a student because of atheism. Lord knows what you would have done as a Head of Department with the same mindset.

Just shut up.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by naptu2: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
In fact, you've just reminded me of some of his famous sayings

* I was ill. Some students came to my office and said that they wanted to pray for me. I drove them away and went to the health centre. The doctor gave me some powerful drugs and now I'm better. What has prayer got to do with my illness?

* Man created god, forgot that he created god and started worshipping him.

* Let me tell you, I know the bible better than most of you here. It has some good sayings and ideas, but it was written by humans and thus it is also filled with contradictions and fairy tales.

(By the way, do you know that he got married in church? I'm still trying to figure out how they convinced him to get married in church. At the wedding he was just staring at people who were praying, almost like he was thinking, these people are insane).

That I had to google his name and I found one of his famous e-mail chains on nairaland. He was responding to an interview by Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.nairaland.com/213061/fallacies-pastor-enoch-adeboye

By the way, you should have taken his class. You would have thoroughly enjoyed yourself (the debates were out of this world).

1 Like

Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wole Soyinka is a traditionalist.

Presently, your boy, Davidylan cant name 3 atheists that are outspoken in Nigeria. He should ask himself why.

he already named them, btw what do u wanna do with their names?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: he already named them, btw what do u wanna do with their names?

He didnt name three. Only one dead one.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up. Fela and Soyinka are not atheists. Liar
Lol! Logicboy is right and everyone is wrong, why? Because he said so. I thought science is based on facts atleast david showed u a link, u dont even have a source, sorry ehn i can see david is really ur nightmare grin
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
One of my pals back then in the uni was and is still a radical atheist. Everyone knows, even his family who are members of MFM. No one attempted to stab him. All the atheists I know (and they are quite a number) practice their beliefs openly and they don't get manhandled in any way so your explanation does not wash.

The yoruba will say "e lenu bi nuclear bomb". You are mouthfully mouthful. Hot air, no action (pronounced akson) grin
grin grin grin
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
He's grasping at straws, that's why.
#WORD
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Ishilove: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
naptu2: In fact, you've just reminded me of some of his famous sayings

* I was ill. Some students came to my office and said that they wanted to pray for me. I drove them away and went to the health centre. The doctor gave me some powerful drugs and now I'm better. What has prayer got to do with my illness?

* Man created god, forgot that he created god and started worshipping him.

* Let me tell you, I know the bible better than most of you here. It has some good sayings and ideas, but it was written by humans and thus it is also filled with contradictions and fairy tales.

(By the way, do you know that he got married in church? I'm still trying to figure out how they convinced him to get married in church. At the wedding he was just staring at people who were praying, almost like he was thinking, these people are insane).

That I had to google his name and I found one of his famous e-mail chains on nairaland. He was responding to an interview by Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.nairaland.com/213061/fallacies-pastor-enoch-adeboye

By the way, you should have taken his class. You would have thoroughly enjoyed yourself (the debates were out of this world).
I attended his classes about three times and found the arguments quite distasteful. Besides, he was taking compulsory courses and I learned students stuggled to pass those courses. As a result, I abandoned that department and hightailed it to Creative Arts. Wtf?! Who needs more complications?? angry
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

You lie so much. Do you even know when I started living in the UK? or how many times I visit Nigeria?

Foolish lab cleaner.
Cry baby cry grin
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: Lol! Logicboy is right and everyone is wrong, why? Because he said so. I thought science is based on facts atleast david showed u a link, u dont even have a source, sorry ehn i can see david is really ur nightmare grin

Like David, you didnt read the link properly. Wole /soyinka is a traditionalist.

You christians fail to see that this has no effect on me, rather other christians would be ashamed of your lies. Keep up the lies.

3 athiests you guyz couldnt name
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Ishilove: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont know how you can prove the bold.

Anyways, even your actions betray you, You boycotted his classes as a student because of atheism. Lord knows what you would have done as a Head of Department with the same mindset.

Just shut up.

No, boy, YOU SHUT UP. I did not attend his classes because I do not agree with his views on religion and God. Since when did that become a sin? Its like asking YOU to attend C.R.K classes.

LB, sometimes I worry over you. Really, I do.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Like David, you didnt read the link properly. Wole /soyinka is a traditionalist.

You christians fail to see that this has no effect on me, rather other christians would be ashamed of your lies. Keep up the lies.

3 athiests you guyz couldnt name
they have become lies because they contradict u.............atheist indeed
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Felllow atheists to the rescue..................yeah ryt
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by naptu2: 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
I attended his classes about three times and found the arguments quite distasteful. Besides, he was taking compulsory courses and I learned students stuggled to pass those courses. As a result, I abandoned that department and hightailed it to Creative Arts. Wtf?! Who needs more complications?? angry

grin I'm not surprised that people struggled to pass his courses. It was probably because more time was spent debating God, than the time spent discussing topics in the syllabus.

There was a year that some people called for a meeting of all the students. "If this man mentions God, please do not respond! Time is going, exams are in a few weeks and we've spent more time discussing God".

The next lecture, Professor Anele casually says something to the effect that God does not exist. Immediately a die hard christian warrior raises his hand. You could hear the collective groan even if you were standing outside the lecture theatre.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
No, boy, YOU SHUT UP. I did not attend his classes because I do not agree with his views on religion and God. Since when did that become a sin? Its like asking YOU to attend C.R.K classes.

LB, sometimes I worry over you. Really, I do.

Notice, how you added extra reasons.

Original comment;

Ishilove:

[size=18pt]It was because of his radical and unconditional views that I avoided taking his courses back then [/size]in my undergrad days. Dr Anele till this day is very much respected in the Faculty of Arts, and no one has attempted to lynch him so far.

After, Ishilove added other reasons after seeing how intolerant she sounded....lying christian
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: they have become lies because they contradict u.............atheist indeed

I give up. You some crazy woman. Is Soyinka an atheist? Was Fela an atheist? Abeg sharrap
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up. You some crazy woman. Is Soyinka an atheist? Was Fela an atheist? Abeg sharrap
they were atheists dearie, btw if u give up on me, Jesus wont give up on u *singing he's able*
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: they were atheists dearie, btw if u give up on me, Jesus wont give up on u *singing he's able*

What do you know about Jesus?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

After, Ishilove added other reasons after seeing how intolerant she sounded....lying christian

I did see that too. I was going to call her out but decided to hold my peace. It is good someone else pointed that out.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

What they read from the book the white man gave them.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
kmcutez:

I did see that too. I was going to call her out but decided to hold my peace. It is good someone else pointed that out.

smiley

Can you see these christians and their lies? Lying on a sunday!
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Sir, you've been looking for battle with the wrong people. Do you really want one?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Reyginus: Sir, you've been looking for a battle with the wrong people. Do you really want one?

Dont make me laugh...you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Islamic Angels Are Wiser / Is There Something Inherently Wrong With Black Africans? / Honest Question To The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.