Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! (9215 Views)

Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
kmcutez:

I'm waiting for you to be educated and yes there is a need for that education now. Just imagine how r.etarded your posts looks like. When we say religion does us a disservice, you will begin to argue blindly.

Ladies and gentlemen of nairaland, here is an example of the product called christianity, and the scary thing is that we have billions like them.

Pack my load go back to which village, when people like you exists. God punish Satan.

And what is wrong with using leaves to cover your privies. Are you laughing at the primitiveness of your God that used leaves to cover the unclothedness of Eve and Adam or are you laughing at your stupidity?
dont educate me dear, it's my choice to be a christian. I'm laughing at d way u contradict urself dear, u complain of d white man and all that bull but most of ur life centres on what this same white man invented even the atheism u profess , HYPOCRITE! U adding insults only shows ur frustration, go suck a toad! Btw U deserve first class honours in idiocy *clicks unfollow*
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by prairie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

White man didnt start atheism. Atheism is universal. Even Japanese and chinese had documented cases of atheism long before European civilizations

See how ignorant you are?
Lol! Did u hear of it from d japanes? Follow kmcutez to go and suck a toad jor!
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Bella, you foolish, no be small.

You and parairie are slaves

sha...sha...sha...
SHAME
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
To convince you, I have to use the 'lies' you choose to believe. Are you going to deny the Bible just because I'm using it to support my argument?

I know you better any way. You aren't a slave. But if you could forgive and ignore the acts of Israelites in the Old Testament and pass it off as ignorance/lessons to learn from as most Christians do on this forum, I'd expect you to be more forgiving of your ancestors and also more respectful by finding out what they believed and where they got it wrong. The state of the black man today is evidence something went wrong somewhere.

I don't believe it can be completely reversed, there's no harm in trying.. But sometimes erroneous religious beliefs stand in the way of emancipation... Unfortunately, the same book the white men held and quoted from while lashing the bare skins of black men is the same book that gave Martin Luther much hope and belief that what he was doing was right. A true conundrum..
.....Thats my problem with atheists....
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: Lol! Did u hear of it from d japanes? Follow kmcutez to go and suck a toad jor!

lol.....see what assumptions can do? I did become an atheist in the UK but not after meeting my japanese girlfriend. I was disillusioned by christianity and noticed that she lived her life better than many of my christian friends......
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: .....Thats my problem with atheists....

Did you read Muskeeto's comment?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
kmcutez:

And who told you we needed civilization from the white man. Mayhaps we would have developed at our own pace, just as the white man did, without inteference from them.

Logicboy, how you see the picture of me running around naked while you dey follow behind naked with a flock of sheep.

Arrghh Bella, na so you hate me and logicboy. See as you take describe a whole 2 intelligent adult.
I agree you and lb make a perfect match. Complimenting themselves.
The black man has always been a slave...to himself, to others and to his beliefs(atheism included)
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did you read Muskeeto's comment?
:-/
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: I agree you and lb make a perfect match. Complimenting themselves.
The black man has always been a slave...to himself, to others and to his beliefs(atheism included)

Atheism is a belief?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is a belief?

a belief that 'there is no god'?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: a belief that 'there is no god'?

That is a disbelief. A belief has to be a positive notion on something. A disbelief is a negative. "no god" is a negative.

By the way, we are all born atheist. Atheism is the natural state of mind. There were atheists in Africa before the white men came. Actually, you would be too stu.pid to realise this fact. I will wait first for you to comment.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is a disbelief. A belief has to be a positive notion on something. A disbelief is a negative. "no god" is a negative.

By the way, we are all born atheist. Atheism is the natural state of mind. There were atheists in Africa before the white men came. Actually, you would be too stu.pid to realise this fact. I will wait first for you to comment.

the least you could do is save me your insults, thank you.

We arent born atheists, we are born 'indifferent'. Am sure they mean two different things.

Do you have any prove for these atheists that 'existed' in africa?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: the least you could do is save me your insults, thank you.

We arent born atheists, we are born 'indifferent'. Am sure they mean two different things.

Do you have any prove for these atheists that 'existed' in africa?

There were people and kings who diregarded the oracle and gods in our folk lore, werent they? Do you really think that everyone just believed in the oracles and gods?

My grandma never spoke one word of English. She never believed in the gods of her village. She said that her family is all that matters and all that she believes in. She was a simple woman with a family and farm. She never prayed to any god or did any ritual. Is my grandma one in a million or are you going to assume that your ancestors were all lemmings that believed in their local gods?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

this is illogic at its best. A negative does not necessarily mean "non-existent". So a disbelief in God for example is a BELIEF that God does not exist.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

There were people and kings who diregarded the oracle and gods in our folk lore, werent they? Do you really think that everyone just believed in the oracles and gods?

My grandma never spoke one word of English. She never believed in the gods of her village. She said that her family is all that matters and all that she believes in. She was a simple woman with a family and farm. She never prayed to any god or did any ritual. Is my grandma one in a million or are you going to assume that your ancestors were all lemmings that believed in their local gods?

That grandma didnt practice a particular religion doesnt mean she didnt believe in a supernatural being.
@bold, i ask for evidence and you talk of folk lore? You have to be kidding me. Infact, the kings you say go against the wishes of the oracles do so either by guidiance of stronger forces(deities) or they get terribly punished by the gods.(all folk tales ofcourse). Please go and read more on African folk lores.

As expected, no evidence, just assumptions(terrible ones at that).
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

this is illogic at its best. A negative does not necessarily mean "non-existent". So a disbelief in God for example is a BELIEF that God does not exist.
Dont mind lb.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bélla3: That grandma didnt practice a particular religion doesnt mean she didnt believe in a supernatural being.
@bold, i ask for evidence and you talk of folk lore? You have to be kidding me. Infact, the kings you say go against the wishes of the oracles do so either by guidiance of stronger forces(deities) or they get terribly punished by the gods.(all folk tales ofcourse). Please go and read more on African folk lores.

Yes, my grandma is an assumption. mtchew

I would like to know, how our history was passed down to us? Folk lore in English is not the same as folk lore when talking about Nigerian history. Story telling is the way we kept our histories. When you read about the obas of the past, do you think that it was written down? You are ignorant.

Furthermore, my grandma said she doenst believe in anything other than her family. Simple. She was either an atheist/agnostic. It would be silly to assume that she was the only one in our history to come to this conclusion- focusing on family alone without care for some local deity

You are ignorant. And proud at being ignorant. This is what really irritates me. Your mentality is what disgusts me about my own country. Mtchew
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 11:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, my grandma is an assumption. mtchew
cry

I would like to know, how our history was passed down to us? Folk lore in English is not the same as folk lore when talking about Nigerian history. Story telling is the way we kept our histories. When you read about the obas of the past, do you think that it was written down? You are ignorant.
Did u read the bolded part of my post?

Furthermore, my grandma said she doenst believe in anything other than her family. Simple. She was either an atheist/agnostic. It would be silly to assume that she was the only one in our history to come to this conclusion- focusing on family alone without care for some local deity
I love the way you remix the lie.

You are ignorant. And proud at being ignorant. This is what really irritates me. Your mentality is what disgusts me about my own country. Mtchew
ignorant for not agreeing wit you?

You get problem.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 12:01am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: That grandma didnt practice a particular religion doesnt mean she didnt believe in a supernatural being.

Please, read the bold SLOWLY
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: cry

Did u read the bolded part of my post?

I love the way you remix the lie.

ignorant for not agreeing wit you?

You get problem.

Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 12:46am On Feb 18, 2013
prairie: you are the slave, what are u doing in the uk sef, come bak to ur village and farm. Funny thing is that atheism started from d same white people, going by that mister, we are def in the same shoes grin grin

QFT

Theres a certain theist who unscrupulously and dubiously screams "evangelical atheist " all over the place. He quote mines unabashedly and hardly respects truth.

Well now we have a theist claiming to be "in the same shoes".

Ha!
Could it be true after all has been said and done, that the theist can only make sense of atheism by casting it in the same discredited light of theism ?

Wonders they say shall never end!!

Finally, the mystery is understood.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 12:49am On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
You're Igbo. Are you aware we had a four day week, 7 weeks per month and 13 month calendar which was roughly 364 days a year. The calendar we use today has 365 days. Was ours influenced by the white man?

In no particular order

Afor, Nkwo, Orie

sad cant recall the last one (and I wont cheat by calling my friends) must be the strong waters Im imbibing
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 12:52am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

kmcutez chai you havent been treating him well? In less than a week since ishilove left, he has turned into an old white manshocked
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: kmcutez chai you havent been treating him well? In less than a week since ishilove left, he has turned into an old white manshocked

Are you accusing me of bleaching like ishilove?
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 12:57am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:
Atheism is a belief?

Bélla3: a belief that 'there is no god'?

Logicboy03:

Slow your rolls LB.

A belief that there is no god is a belief that there is no god.

Chew and swallow. I know where you are headed and where your heart is, but in your haste, you allow peeps to trip you up.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Bella3(f): 12:59am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you accusing me of bleaching like ishilove?
gringrin LOLLEST.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 1:03am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: the least you could do is save me your insults, thank you.

Bella, can an 'indifferent' person say he/she believes in God ?

I know he can claim he/she doesnt care, but if we were to hold down such a one, can that person say he/she believes in god ?

Regardless of your answer, I will put one thing to you.

An atheist isnt one who asserts there is no god, an atheist is one who doesnt believe in god. Its not the same thing if you think about it.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 1:05am On Feb 18, 2013
davidylan:

Foul dear David, Foul!

A disbelief in god is nowhere near saying that God does not exist. Not by a long shot brother.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 18, 2013
jayriginal:

Slow your rolls LB.

A belief that there is no god is a belief that there is no god.

Chew and swallow. I know where you are headed and where your heart is, but in your haste, you allow peeps to trip you up.

How can one believe in a negative?

Is there a disbelief in astrology a belief?

I believe in X.....

I dont believe in X......
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 1:08am On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: kmcutez chai you havent been treating him well? In less than a week since ishilove left, he has turned into an old white manshocked

cheesy
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by jayriginal: 1:14am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

How can one believe in a negative?

Is there a disbelief in astrology a belief?

I believe in X.....

I dont believe in X......

Thats why I say slow your rolls

A disbelief in astrology isnt a belief in astrology, no!

But Bella has the wrong idea and you addressed it too abruptly (in my humble opinion). Again, thats why I say slow. Its not just Bella, a lot of folks have that misconception.
Re: Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 18, 2013
jayriginal:

Thats why I say slow your rolls

A disbelief in astrology isnt a belief in astrology, no!

But Bella has the wrong idea and you addressed it too abruptly (in my humble opinion). Again, thats why I say slow. Its not just Bella, a lot of folks have that misconception.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Another Warning By Kingsley Ubani - Is This Revelation Real? / Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? / Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.