Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities (23288 Views)

The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2013
I agree with the listing of France, Italy and Spain at d top of the list. But where are South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana? Some Nigerian couples go to Obudu Ranch for a romantic weekend.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by logica(m): 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
How about you translate "romance" to either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo? Then you know where we are coming from.

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
To me,the mexican are the most romantic.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ten Kobo:
I believe the Indians you know are the ones you see in movies and hear in tales. India? romantic? with all the spitting, coughing and the recklessness with human waste. Spit! Spit!!!1
grin grin grin grin
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
aaronson: To me,the mexican are the most romantic.

I think of Mexicans and Drug Lords come to mind not romance. You just might be right though!
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]4 my own list..9ja na no 1[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1ulbIaC85vo/TAEYjytLu6I/AAAAAAAAAcE/aihDYrMQSNQ/s1600/African+kiss.jpg[/img]

in the 1st pic, the man is worried that she will eat his lower lip.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by amclimax(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]4 my own list..9ja na no 1[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1ulbIaC85vo/TAEYjytLu6I/AAAAAAAAAcE/aihDYrMQSNQ/s1600/African+kiss.jpg[/img]
my guy na true son of ur father u be.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Orikinla(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
Well, I am more romantic than anyone of them in culture, literature and nature. In fact, the Irish are not romantic enough in my books and I have interacted with all these nationalities. Of course, Nigerians are not romantic , but there are some remarkable exceptions. Over the decades, I have found Nigerians to be really short on romance. Where people hardly appreciate literature and intellectual culture, they will never experience the true essence of romance.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by successcertain: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
maybe because African men are extremely aggressive,take pleasure in using domestic violence on women.

3 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
Orikinla: Well, I am more romantic than anyone of them in culture, literature and nature. In fact, the Irish are not romantic enough in my books and I have interacted with all these nationalities. Of course, Nigerians are not romantic , but there some remarkable exceptions. Over the decades, I have found Nigerians to be really short on romance.

The reason Nigerians aren't generally romantic could be due to the economic conditions one has to contend with.

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nonybb: 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
M M M: Sudan is not in d list sadSudan is not in d list
Is this an automation of a radio with broken recorder
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
solomon111: if you are talking about the Eurocentric definition of romance,then Nigeria/Africa are not romantic.
There's an Afrocentric definition? Does the word "romance" even have an equivalent interpretation in your local language? That's like saying Europeans are better than us in the "Eurocentric" definition of Physics and Chemistry.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu: By the way India should be on the list.
cux say dem dey like sing make dem romantic ??
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by ValentineRoses: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
Paschal007: And the attitude of most Nigerians girls are not helping matters! grin grin

WEST AFRICAN GIRLS NOT NIGERIAN GIRLS ONLY.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Lathunjimi(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2013
....and where is the space for Nigeria? I expected to see a Nigerian couple there *I haff vex*
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by ValentineRoses: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
CFCfan: I agree with the listing of France, Italy and Spain at d top of the list. But where are South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana? Some Nigerian couples go to Obudu Ranch for a romantic weekend.

We are talking about romance here and not H.I.V., 419 or AZONTO grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Valentine Roses:

We are talking about romance here and not H.I.V., 419 or AZONTO grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Orikinla(m): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
CFCfan:

The reason Nigerians aren't generally romantic could
be due to the economic conditions one has to contend with.
. The economy has little or nothing to do with romance. The appreciation of the values and virtues of life is the essence of romance and not the dog eat dog ways of life of Nigerians. The Yorubas are the most romantic among Nigerians. And romance is not messing around in sexual promiscuity and spreading HiV/AIDS which majority of Nigerians and other black Africans are known for. .

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Valentine Roses:

. Thank you.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
@Orikinla: You are right; romance is all about appreciation. However, a typical Nigerian couple that lives in "face-me-I-face-you" type of apartment may not have the time to take his/her partner out for a romantic dinner.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by AGgal(f): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
yyb14: na lie
Must u quote everytin just 2 say "na lie"? U're not romantic at all.

2 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
Valentine Roses:

Lmao grin. Laugh wan burst my lungs.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by MrsChima1(f): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
Valentine Roses:

Damn!!!
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
lol Agreed sad
rokiatu:
embarassed lipsrsealed
thats the hard truth bro embarassed

no racism this time.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Orikinla(m): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
CFCfan: @Orikinla: You are right; romance is all about appreciation. However, a typical Nigerian couple that lives in "face-me-I-face-you" type of apartment may not have the time to take his/her partner out for a romantic dinner.

See https://www.nairaland.com/157416/essence-romance
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by chucky234(m): 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
France and Spain are the epitome of Romance.
No wonder my iyawo dey always refers to me as her Spanish prince,hmmm thank God say I dey romantic like Spanish people.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by vanstanzy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
striktlymi:

If they had made it then the list would have been very false considering the rate of abuse of women in SA. Over 70% of women admit to have been sex.ually molested in SA.

Na so! shocked shocked shocked Where my SA niggaz, make dem come see their statistics grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Uchesis: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
Tuface is d most romantic nigerian.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Eazeee(m): 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
I thought MEXICO shud b in d list and even No.1
dis rating is just rubbish
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Uchesis: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
Eazee-e:
I thought MEXICO shud b in d list and even No.1
dis rating is just rubbish
Can drug barons b dat romantic? I wonder!
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
Orikinla:

See https://www.nairaland.com/157416/essence-romance

Your opening post on that thread deserves 100 LIKES.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
Uchesis: Tuface is d most romantic nigerian.

Okay. I thought it was Mr.Ibu/Iyanya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Innocent Can A Girl Look? 18+ Pics Inside / How To Detect If Beauty OR Endowments Is ALL She's Got. / What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.