Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

For Those Of Us In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Those Of Us In Relationships (1252 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Of Us In Relationships by True2myself24(f): 3:11am On Feb 17, 2013
Today I was thinking about humility in relationships and how difficult it can be sometimes to the point where it tests your character. I achieved a financial goal that I’m very proud of because in the past six month I have been working my ass off to buy whatever it is that I wanted to buy. Now that I have this thing, my mind started lingering and I started comparing myself to my boyfriend. I started thinking in my head “Oh I can’t wait until he finishes his Master’s degree so he can finally start his career instead of living pay check to pay check.” And then I allowed those thoughts to grow into bigger thoughts of “Oh I can’t wait until he buys a nicer car.” Then I had to stop myself when I realized what I was doing. I read somewhere that most relationships fail when the people in it start to focus on what the other person doesn’t have instead of focusing on what they do have.

It was then that I thought about one of the Valentine/Anniversary gifts that I got for my boyfriend. One of the gifts was a heart shaped box filled with 12 pieces of candy to represent the 12 months we’ve been together. And attached to each candy was a piece of paper that said one thing I love about him. As I share this with you guys, I hope that when you get tempted to dwell on the things you wish were different about your partner that you try to refocus your attention to the things you love about him or her. Especially if you are dating someone who isn’t yet “financially settled,” however way you want to define that. Becoming financially stable is a long process and it takes a lot of patience and humility when two people in a relationship are trying to reach that goal. Being humble isn’t easy but when you love someone it’s worth it.

Twelve Things I Love About You:
1. You take care of me and you treat me good.
2. You help me in the kitchen.
3. The silly gestures you make with your hand when you’re telling a story.
4. Your wisdom.
5. Your love for music.
6. Your ambition.
7. Your hardworking nature.
8. Your patience with me
9. The way you cover your mouth with the back of your hand when you yawn (it gets on my nerves, but I love it anyway).
10. The way you turn me on just by looking at you (especially when your shirt’s off)
11. Your humility
12. You don’t let my emotions get to you.

You should make your own list and see what you come up with. I hope someone finds this helpful instead of complaining that this is too long to read.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by Mynd44: 3:50am On Feb 17, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by ATMC(f): 4:31am On Feb 17, 2013
^onwere ogwu ura nchoputara, i'll tell you later you hear?
@op kudos!
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by Mynd44: 4:43am On Feb 17, 2013
ATMC: ^onwere ogwu ura nchoputara, i'll tell you later you hear?
@op kudos!
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by ATMC(f): 4:50am On Feb 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
undecided undecided undecided undecided
lol straighten your ugly face joor as if you don't need it
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by Mynd44: 4:52am On Feb 17, 2013
ATMC: lol straighten your ugly face joor as if you don't need it
I don't understand igbo ma'am
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by ATMC(f): 5:13am On Feb 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't understand igbo ma'am
what is d cure for insomnia?
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by luvmijeje(f): 5:44am On Feb 17, 2013
Touching!
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by greedie1(f): 10:26am On Feb 17, 2013
hmmm...
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by habscare: 11:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
Sorry am not in any,,,,,,:habscare
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 20, 2013
nice post ma'am...i just wanna say that sometimes it aint bad to think about your Bf getting a car and all that as long as you aint thinking about it negatively

praying that you Bf get a good job or buys a car when he's finally through with his studies is a positive thinking..nothing bad with it
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 20, 2013
gree-die:
hmmm...

you've got mail
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by greedie1(f): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
lalaosky:

you've got mail
didn't see anything o
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by 4words: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
nice one @ op. Like seriously op, i do 'this' to myself all the time.
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by 190: 12:46am On Feb 21, 2013
12 things

well lemme see:

you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real good
you phuck me real gooddaaa!!

is that enuf undecided

rabbish - leave love for moses undecided
Re: For Those Of Us In Relationships by tellwsdom: 1:13am On Feb 21, 2013
True2myself24: Today I was thinking about humility in relationships and how difficult it can be sometimes to the point where it tests your character. I achieved a financial goal that I’m very proud of because in the past six month I have been working my ass off to buy whatever it is that I wanted to buy. Now that I have this thing, my mind started lingering and I started comparing myself to my boyfriend. I started thinking in my head “Oh I can’t wait until he finishes his Master’s degree so he can finally start his career instead of living pay check to pay check.” And then I allowed those thoughts to grow into bigger thoughts of “Oh I can’t wait until he buys a nicer car.” Then I had to stop myself when I realized what I was doing. I read somewhere that most relationships fail when the people in it start to focus on what the other person doesn’t have instead of focusing on what they do have.

It was then that I thought about one of the Valentine/Anniversary gifts that I got for my boyfriend. One of the gifts was a heart shaped box filled with 12 pieces of candy to represent the 12 months we’ve been together. And attached to each candy was a piece of paper that said one thing I love about him. As I share this with you guys, I hope that when you get tempted to dwell on the things you wish were different about your partner that you try to refocus your attention to the things you love about him or her. Especially if you are dating someone who isn’t yet “financially settled,” however way you want to define that. Becoming financially stable is a long process and it takes a lot of patience and humility when two people in a relationship are trying to reach that goal. Being humble isn’t easy but when you love someone it’s worth it.

Twelve Things I Love About You:
1. You take care of me and you treat me good.
2. You help me in the kitchen.
3. The silly gestures you make with your hand when you’re telling a story.
4. Your wisdom.
5. Your love for music.
6. Your ambition.
7. Your hardworking nature.
8. Your patience with me
9. The way you cover your mouth with the back of your hand when you yawn (it gets on my nerves, but I love it anyway).
10. The way you turn me on just by looking at you (especially when your shirt’s off)
11. Your humility
12. You don’t let my emotions get to you.

You should make your own list and see what you come up with. I hope someone finds this helpful instead of complaining that this is too long to read.

You sabi person cool cool

(1) (Reply)

The Rise And Fall Of Most Ladies In Nigeria / What You Must Know Before You Get Married Or Say Yes To Any Relationship / Who Would You Choose To Be Your DREAM DATE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.