Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property (6369 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / Pope Benedict To Resign / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by plaetton: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
^^^^
I am sorry if my tone gets heated sometimes.

But I don't have a problem debating and disagreeing with you.
But when it comes to matters of justice, I get very passionate.
I hate injustice and I hate when someone tries to defend what is indefensible.

Please don't go around telling people that the Pope's apologies are mere acts of goodwill.
In other words,he is not really obliged to render them.
That is very offensive to anyone that values justice.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
plaetton: ^^^^
I am sorry if my tone gets heated sometimes.
no need for d apology, though i dont appreciate d tone, i'm not offended.
But I don't have a problem debating and disagreeing with you.
But when it comes to matters of justice, I get very passionate.
I hate injustice and I hate when someone tries to defend what is indefensible.
i'm not trying to defend anything "indefensible". Every in d cath church hierachy has their jobs, and job u are accusing card joseph of not doing isnt his in d first place, dat job is 4 d bishop.
Please don't go around telling people that the Pope's apologies are mere acts of goodwill.
In other words,he is not really obliged to render them.
u want to define 'obligation'?
That is very offensive to anyone that values justice.
while saying it's an act of goodwill mayb offensive my points are still remain, it doesnt neccesarily imply that he is in anyway culpable.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by wiegraf: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: i have put my point clearly, i do not think card. Joseph was responsible in an way for the child abuse. His congregation serve as a court of appeal 4 d episcopal court. And he was in no position by church law to report any case, the bishops are responsible 4 dat.

First off, you seem confused about the nature of these accusations. He isn't accused of pedophilia, he's accused of covering up pedophilia. If he knows of any cases, in most countries he is bound by law to report them. Instead, it seems he actually went out of his way to even cover them up. You say otherwise though.

So, if he's innocent, then you should have no problem with facing the charges in say the hague, or any other similar court, yes?

Ubenedictus:
what an analogy!!! U are comparing security with morality? That is really silly! President obama is responsible 4 d security of america, but he is not responsible legally or morally for d immorality of americans unless it can be proved dat obama legislated the immorality, like legislating abortion!.
ratzinger's congregation was responsible 4 d ecclesiatical case only as a court of appeal! He cant even tell d press talkless of d police about d ecclesiatical case because he is bound to secrecy. Only d bishops can report d cases and ratzinger's congregation has for ages given d directive dat such case be reported to d police by d bishop concerned even b4 d ecclesiatical case b4. In all righteousnes

Bound to secrecy does not override your duty to report certain crimes in most countries. If you witness a murder for instance, you're usually bound by law to report. Pedophilia? Definitely, in many countries yes.

If you cannot see the relevance then we are well and truly lost. The point is potus is responsible for his employees of that nature, they are his direct representatives. They speak for him, etc, are even hand picked by he himself (the ambassadors ie). If security fails, it's him they look at. Likewise if one them stumbles, it is him they look at. Why was he not in control? They were his responsibility

Another way to look at, he is the leader of the team, yes? Directly responsible for their actions, like say a platoon leader. If the team gets ambushed, the leader is the first person queried as to how he let that happen. If they succeed, his leadership skills are recognized. Likewise if one of his members screws up, the leader is questioned as well. Let alone a member of his team doing something egregious then the leader actually covering it up. He will definitely be court-marshaled. Do you see now?

Ubenedictus:
ratzinger's congregation Fully fulfilled its duties.
good case! My question is, how is d american minister of education and d american president responsible?

Nothing. Potus is not related to that case, however the coach's superiors were very much so. It seems they knew about this, but decided to keep it hush. Needless to say they were all forced to resign, head coach, dean, etc. Their team's titles stripped, opprobrium and ignominy of stellar levels heaped upon them. In fact, there is the likelyhood that the head coach, chief behind the conspiracy to bury the case, could have faced jail time as well were it not for his death. This situation and that of ratzinger are highly similar from what I understand.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
plaetton:

My friend , I do not normaly like to be rude, but the kind of silliness on display here just amazes me.
It seems that religion really does a lot of damage to the cereberal cortex or some other part of the brain.

Just listen to yourself: " The pope is protected from every side".
You mean protected from responsibility or protected from culpability?

HHmmmm, then I wonder why he and the Pope before him have been going around the globe apologising for the heneous crimes.

So , if the catholic clergy, which , according to you, is the most organized institution in the world, have been steadily and stealthily molesting young children, and expertly covering them up for 2000yrs, you are saying that the bona fide head of that institution, is protected from all sides from taking responsibility?

You guys shock me from every single day with you selective and ambiguous, and convoluted morality.
Just Look at this one, delibrately interpreting a simple statement out of contest. So you don't understand what I mean by "he is protected on every side". He is protected (by his INNOCENSE on every side) from your Baseless, Demonic, Wicked Plans to discredit the Vicar of Christ. Exactly as GEJ is proteted on every side by his innocence, if people like you will come up tomorrow to accuse him of being responsible for every pencil stolen in every classroom of the thousands of primary school in Naigeria. REASON: [1]He is not the little theif. [2]He is not the parent who is surposed to provide the needs of the pupil [3]He is not the form master who's work it is to punish and discourage theft. [4]He is not the Headmaster, who admitted the pupil. Guess what you people are doing, you left all the 4 persons who are directly or indirectly responsible, in addition you jumped the PTA Chairman, the Chairman of the State Education Commission ie State Education Commissioner and the Education Minister (all innocent people), to blaim The President GEJ who this theft cannot be linked to. It is obvious that you are delibrately linking this to the Pope since the Catholic Church has a similar HIERARCHY. As for appologies, so you want to tell me that you can't render an appology, unbehalf of your friend who commited a Crime? By doing that, are responsible for his Crime?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
plaetton: ^^^^^
And by the way, one does not need to have a PHD in anything to be able to discern right and wrong. The only things required are common sense and a sense of moral responsibility. angry
Common sense being applied in an uncommon and misleading way.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Evil Brain:

Exactly. There is clear evidence of a cover-up. The pope was the head of the organization directly involved in the cover-up for 21 years. We have signed letters and memos that he wrote encouraging his subordinates to keep séx abuse cases quiet.

The guy clearly has a case to answer. Let him come and defend himself in court like any other suspected criminal. If he's innocent, then the truth will come out. This idea that he cant be arrested because he's the pope is nonsense. Nobody is above the law.
Go and arrest him now, why are you waisting your time on Nairaland. Go and arrest him, you know that will make Big News.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
wiegraf:
First off, you seem confused about the nature of these accusations. He isn't accused of pedophilia, he's accused of covering up pedophilia. If he knows of any cases, in most countries he is bound by law to report them. Instead, it seems he actually went out of his way to even cover them up. You say otherwise though.

So, if he's innocent, then you should have no problem with facing the charges in say the hague, or any other similar court, yes?
Bound to secrecy does not override your duty to report certain crimes in most countries. If you witness a murder for instance, you're usually bound by law to report. Pedophilia? Definitely, in many countries yes.
i think u have a very wierd sense of "law". If i'm not a citizen of the said country or a resident alien, that law doesnt bind me at all! For all we know obama know d person personally responsible 4 d most recent bombings in niaja (this is an example) but he isnt subject to nigerian law and thus is not bound by law to report d person. Atleast understand d law! If a priest of d diocese of texas molest a kid d bishop of texas who is a citizen of the united states is bound by u.s law to report the case to texas police and ratzinger in rome isnt at all. And by america's law on religious freedom those who are aware of d case thru d ecclesiatical court but cant morally speak of it since they are under d seals are also protected from prosecution by d laws of religious freedom. This is a simple case if u know what d law states. Only d bishops who as can b clearly seen are neither morally prohibited from speaking and are even mandated to speak both by church and states laws, only them can be prosecuted morally and/or legally for covering up.

If you cannot see the relevance then we are well and truly lost. The point is potus is responsible for his employees of that nature, they are his direct representatives. They speak for him, etc, are even hand picked by he himself (the ambassadors ie). If security fails, it's him they look at. Likewise if one them stumbles, it is him they look at. Why was he not in control? They were his responsibility
Another way to look at, he is the leader of the team, yes? Directly responsible for their actions, like say a platoon leader. If the team gets ambushed, the leader is the first person queried as to how he let that happen. If they succeed, his leadership skills are recognized. Likewise if one of his members screws up, the leader is questioned as well. Let alone a member of his team doing something egregious then the leader actually covering it up. He will definitely be court-marshaled. Do you see now?
that is why d bishop is d person that can b held responsible 4 any cover up.

Nothing. Potus is not related to that case, however the coach's superiors were very much so. It seems they knew about this, but decided to keep it hush. Needless to say they were all forced to resign, head coach, dean, etc. Their team's titles stripped, opprobrium and ignominy of stellar levels heaped upon them. In fact, there is the likelyhood that the head coach, chief behind the conspiracy to bury the case, could have faced jail time as well were it not for his death. This situation and that of ratzinger are highly similar from what I understand.
not they are not, unless d minister of education was prosecuted 4 d case then i'll see d similarity. Or if d president was prosecuted then u would have shown that the pope is responsible 4 d priest.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
plaetton:

This statement is the mother of all silliness that I have read so far?
You know, even though we disagree on matter of faith, I was beginning to respect you as a knowledgeable(?) and staunch defender of the catholic doctrine.
You have proven, once again, that religion, despite all its claims as a repository high moral authority, is nothing but smokes and mirrors.
You have prove, once more, that when religious belief intersects with ethics and morality, religion woefully fails.

It's sheer wickedness and callousness for you to say that the Pope's apologies are just mere acts of goodwill.
WTF?
Please go and tell that to the millions of victims of the molestations.
That statement is an embarrassment to the faith that you are defending.
Frankly, I dont think that they need your type to defend them. You are embarassing them the more.

Now, read carefully:
If the priests and bishops are the only ones responsibile for such illegal, degrading and human acts, how many such cases has the catholic investigated, and most importantly, how many priests have they handed over the police for criminal prosecution?

In your morally deficient and convoluted logic, the Pope and the leadership of church are neither responsible nor culpable, BUT, it becomes their responsibility to cover up the crimes and shield the offending priests from criminal prosecution?

I am sick in my tummy with your reasoning.

Man!
Everyday, on and off this forum, I discover that Religion is a lot more dangerous than I could ever have imagined.
How many priest have they handed over to the police for criminal procecution? What a dumb question. Just listen to yourself. So a Catholic Bishop has become more powerful than a state security sevice that he can prevent them from arresting a priest.? If someone reported a case of molestation to the police and the police after investigation found it to be true. What stoped them from arresting the priest, is the priest above the law? What stops the police from moving to the parish house to arrest the priest for breaking the law? Are they to wait for the bishop to make the arrest for them and then hand over the "arrested" priest to them? My friend if you have exhausted your points that you don't have any point to make again, instead of you to be here asking dumb question, just do the hourable thing. Go and have a break, if possible take a kit kat. By the way I have seen that you have a Problem with Religion so why spend your time on religous section?.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by plaetton: 4:18am On Feb 20, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: How many priest have they handed over to the police for criminal procecution? What a dumb question. Just listen to yourself. So a Catholic Bishop has become more powerful than a state security sevice that he can prevent them from arresting a priest.? If someone reported a case of molestation to the police and the police after investigation found it to be true. What stoped them from arresting the priest, is the priest above the law? What stops the police from moving to the parish house to arrest the priest for breaking the law? Are they to wait for the bishop to make the arrest for them and then hand over the "arrested" priest to them? My friend if you have exhausted your points that you don't have any point to make again, instead of you to be here asking dumb question, just do the hourable thing. Go and have a break, if possible take a kit kat. By the way I have seen that you have a Problem with Religion so why spend your time on religous section?.

You are such a dumb dumb.
If you had been reading the thread and with proper comprehension skills, You would not be parading such hollowness.
Quite frankly, I enjoy debating, but when a court jester steps in into a discussion, I get tired.

Ubenedictus asserted that the pope is neither responsible nor culpable because it is only the bishops that can oversee a priests and deal such matters.

So my question to him then was : How many pedofile priests did the bishops report and hand over the police for criminal prosecution over the many decades that the evil went on unabashed and unabated?

Ant then you started blabbing like a drunken parrot.

Is pedophilia not a criminal offence?
Are catholic priests immune from criminal law?

I wish you guys would just shut up.
You are making such a mockery of your so-called sacred faith.
Gosh shocked.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by wiegraf: 4:57am On Feb 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: i think u have a very wierd sense of "law". If i'm not a citizen of the said country or a resident alien, that law doesnt bind me at all! For all we know obama know d person personally responsible 4 d most recent bombings in niaja (this is an example) but he isnt subject to nigerian law and thus is not bound by law to report d person. Atleast understand d law! If a priest of d diocese of texas molest a kid d bishop of texas who is a citizen of the united states is bound by u.s law to report the case to texas police and ratzinger in rome isnt at all. And by america's law on religious freedom those who are aware of d case thru d ecclesiatical court but cant morally speak of it since they are under d seals are also protected from prosecution by d laws of religious freedom. This is a simple case if u know what d law states. Only d bishops who as can b clearly seen are neither morally prohibited from speaking and are even mandated to speak both by church and states laws, only them can be prosecuted morally and/or legally for covering up.

I give you the case of Assange. Even many americans are screaming bloody murder at the attempts to extradite him, on what grounds do the US govt want him? Really, on what possible grounds could they prosecute him were he to show up on their shores? He's just a publisher, freedom of speech. Is the publisher responsible for the actions of the whistleblower? No. Even worse, he isn't even American, he isn't bound to their laws. However, in this case, they could charge him as a spy, as he seemingly encouraged bradley manning to perform treason. It seems he was actively involved in the process of acquiring the documents, encouraging manning to go through with it rather than just publishing. Likewise, Ratzinger seems to have been actively involved in cover ups. He may not have broken a law in his own country but he did so in many, many others, including EU ones. They have every right to prosecute him should he show up in one of these countries where he broke laws. They also have the right attempt to extradite him, etc him. Yes? It's then left to the diplomats and governments to haggle.

He may be the law in his country, he certainly isn't in others.

Ubenedictus: that is why d bishop is d person that can b held responsible 4 any cover up.

So could he if he, they're superior, was aware of the happenings and did not report them or even worse, encouraged or ordered them.

Ubenedictus: not they are not, unless d minister of education was prosecuted 4 d case then i'll see d similarity. Or if d president was prosecuted then u would have shown that the pope is responsible 4 d priest.

They do seem to be so, even if you removed direct contact. Did he instruct the Bishops hide these offenses? Did he order they just be reassigned rather than their being prosecuted?

Consider this case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Catholic_archdiocese_of_Milwaukee

On another note, rather bizaarly, clergy are still not mandated to report child abuse cases everywhere, only in countries where it is illegal to not report them. Seems like they are willing to do anything possible to keep this hush hush. Na wah...
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by ijawkid(m): 6:25am On Feb 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: hahaha, wen i saw d word vicarious i thought of the vicarious atonement of Jesus christ. The pope isnt d lamb of God that bears d suffering of d sins of other pipo. He is only responsible for his own sins.
And ofcourse where he lives is free of political interference that makes him leader of an independent state.

So the pope now becomes the leader of an independent state??...is that what peter was??....let's not go there sha.......

If the pope has got so much immunity so as not to be free for arrest then I think something is really wrong........has he now become a political ruler or just a servant of Christ??...........this scenario is worse than that of the G.O's in nigeria who walk about with armed security men..........I can't believe that the pope is above the law..........cheesy.......

If the pope is found wanting of some crimes let him be arrested and tried............chikena.....
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by EvilBrain1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Omar Al Basheer is a serving head if state and yet he has an arrest warrant on hisbhead. The moment he sets foot in any sensible, law-abiding country he's going to be arrested and flown to the Hague. I don't see why the pope should be any different.

Nobody is above the law. Let him defend himself in court.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
plaetton:

You are such a dumb dumb.
If you had been reading the thread and with proper comprehension skills, You would not be parading such hollowness.
Quite frankly, I enjoy debating, but when a court jester steps in into a discussion, I get tired.

Ubenedictus asserted that the pope is neither responsible nor culpable because it is only the bishops that can oversee a priests and deal such matters.

So my question to him then was : How many pedofile priests did the bishops report and hand over the police for criminal prosecution over the many decades that the evil went on unabashed and unabated?

Ant then you started blabbing like a drunken parrot.

Is pedophilia not a criminal offence?
Are catholic priests immune from criminal law?

I wish you guys would just shut up.
You are making such a mockery of your so-called sacred faith.
Gosh shocked.
Honestly with this you have not made any point. Why are you becoming too emotional? If you get tired, why don't you go and have a break and take some Kit Kat. If you become angry, why don't go and hug a nearby Transfomer ? Besides you have not answered my questions. If you can't answer my question, why don't you stop qouting my comment. For the last time let me repeat my questions. A priest is not above the law, we both agree on this. Now if a priest molested someone and the victim reported to the police, what stops the police from arresting the priest? Are you expecting the Bishop to take handcuffs and AK47 to go and arrest the priest? (thereby doing the work of the Police) or are you expecting him to go and report a Crime he did not witness?(thereby repeating the work of the victim). Finaly by not doing the work of the police or repeating the work of the Victim, how is he covering up the case? Please just answer my questions and stop manifesting your FRUSTRATIONS.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by plaetton: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Honestly with this you have not made any point. Why are you becoming too emotional? If you get tired, why don't you go and have a break and take some Kit Kat. If you become angry, why don't go and hug a nearby Transfomer ? Besides you have not answered my questions. If you can't answer my question, why don't you stop qouting my comment. For the last time let me repeat my questions. A priest is not above the law, we both agree on this. Now if a priest molested someone and the victim reported to the police, what stops the police from arresting the priest? Are you expecting the Bishop to take handcuffs and AK47 to go and arrest the priest? (thereby doing the work of the Police) or are you expecting him to go and report a Crime he did not witness?(thereby repeating the work of the victim). Finaly by not doing the work of the police or repeating the work of the Victim, how is he covering up the case? Please just answer my questions and stop manifesting your FRUSTRATIONS.

Still yapping like a drunken parrot.

Are you for real?
I just can't believe you guys.
I thought religion was supposed to be about the refinement of one's soul.
How are you so soulless?
Do you really understand the issues involved in these molestation cases or you just too eager to show off your ignorance and bellicosity?
Your arguments are sooooo infantile, that I dont know whether to laugh at your ignorance or cry for your lack of empathy for the young victims of these heinous crimes.

Please read your own post again and again, and see if a little common sense may strike you, even if by accident.

Are you completely ignorant of the fact that these victims were children and adolescents?
Young Children, some of whom were in orphanages and group homes under the stewardship of these priests?
Do you understand the respect,power and awe that a priest enjoys from his parishioners, especially the young?
Do you, at all, have any understanding of the psychology and trauma of se.xual abuse by authority figures?

So, in your wicked and perverse catholic mind, you think it is the duty of the child victims of the se.xual molestation to report the matters to the police, and not bishops or church authorities?

YOU are F*****ing Stu.pi.d.
.. and probably a child molester yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2013
Evil Brain: Omar Al Basheer is a serving head if state and yet he has an arrest warrant on hisbhead. The moment he sets foot in any sensible, law-abiding country he's going to be arrested and flown to the Hague. I don't see why the pope should be any different.

Nobody is above the law. Let him defend himself in court.

You seem to be so passionate about arresting the pope even comparing him to omar al bashir who is accused of genocide.Well in reality the possibilty of the pope been arrested is 0
.All your whinings will only end here on NL even more powerful figures like the militant atheist dawkins could not achieve it what makes it think you can?

This ur fantasy is not even mentioned in the popular media outlets and you are here whining on NL
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton:

Are you for real?
How are you so soulless?
Do you really understand the issues involved in these molestation cases or you just too eager to show off your ignorance and bellicosity?
Your arguments are sooooo infantile, that I dont know whether to laugh at your ignorance or cry for your lack of empathy for the young victims of these heinous crimes.

Please read your own post again and again, and see if a little common sense may strike you, even if by accident.

Are you completely ignorant of the fact that these victims were children and adolescents?
Young Children, some of which were in orphanages and group homes under the stewardship of these priests?
Do you understand the respect,power and awe that a priest enjoys from his parishioners, especially the young?
Do you, at all, have any understanding of the psychology and trauma of se.xual abuse by authority figures?

So, in your wicked and perverse catholic mind, you think it is the duty of the child victims of the se.xual molestation to report the matters to the police, and not bishops or church authorities?

Seriously you really expect the authourities in rome to be the one carrying out the arrest that occurred in other countries?I think I also agree that aSsault cases should immeditely be reported to the police by the victims or their families,that way the issue of church cover ups would not arise
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by plaetton: 1:00am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

Seriously you really expect the authourities in rome to be the one carrying out the arrest that occurred in other countries?I think I also agree that aSsault cases should immeditely be reported to the police by the victims or their families,that way the issue of church cover ups would not arise

C'mon man.
You guys are seriously out of touch with reality.

Can you not see that most of the victims only had the courage to come forward and speak up in their adulthood, after several decades?.

Do you know what it take for an adult to sum up courage to open up about sexual abuse , talk less of children?

Even the victims of ordinary rape and sexual abuse cases hardly have enough courage to report to their families, talk less of a young adolescent parishioner reporting to his parents or the police that he just had bottom intimacy with his highly respected and reverend priest.
Do you know the guilt, shame, fear, confusion and trauma accompanies such evil?

What kind of perverse la la land are you guys living in?.
Next thing you, will be telling us that it was consentual, or that the youths seduced or tempted your holy priests.

Like I said before, all of you should shut up in shame and stop doing more damage to your so-called hallowed institution.
Let the spin pros do their diplomatic face-saving and fence mending with the public.

You guys are bringing more embarrassment to the catholic church.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 21, 2013
The catholic church is an evil and criminal organization and should be disbanded. Bunch of p.edophiles, abusing innocent children.

All their priests, including the pope should be rounded up and placed in maximum security prison, and they should be given out free to other prisoners with large diicks to be b.utt fuucked daily.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez: The catholic church is an evil and criminal organization and should be disbanded. Bunch of p.edophiles, abusing innocent children.

All their priests, including the pope should be rounded up and placed in maximum security prison, and they should be given out free to other prisoners with large d.ick to be b.utt bleeped daily.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and kick start the process olodo!!
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

I do no know much about the case, neither have I followed the thread as I should, but replies like this bothers me.

It's literally the same response we got on this forum when Oyedepo was taken to court for slapping that girl. What part of the Bible supports this 'god's servant is above the law and therefore unquestionable' attitude.

Are we so ignorant of the fact that power can be abused? Smh...
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton:

C'mon man.
You guys are seriously out of touch with reality.

Can you not see that most of the victims only had the courage to come forward and speak up in their adulthood, after several decades?.

Do you know what it take for an adult to sum up courage to open up about sexual abuse , talk less of children?

Even the victims of ordinary rape and sexual abuse cases hardly have enough courage to report to their families, talk less of a young adolescent parishioner reporting to his parents or the police that he just had bottom intimacy with his highly respected and reverend priest.
Do you know the guilt, shame, fear, confusion and trauma accompanies such evil?

What kind of perverse la la land are you guys living in?.
Next thing you, will be telling us that it was consentual, or that the youths seduced or tempted your holy priests.

Like I said before, all of you should shut up in shame and stop doing more damage to your so-called hallowed institution.
Let the spin pros do their diplomatic face-saving and fence mending with the public.

You guys are bringing more embarrassment to the catholic church.

Intimate abuse of kids does not only appen in the catholic curch,the catholic church cases does not even predominates in global statistics of paedophilia,so wile thinking of a solution to this menance kindly look at the bigger picture.If we need to carry out awareness to inform people on the need to immediately report to the police the better for us all.

Do you know how big the church is? You expect the authourities in Rome to be the one effecting arrest? You complained the church authourities were covering up abuse cases yet frown at the idea of victims going directly to the police!! So what really do you want?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 21, 2013
musKeeto:
I do no know much about the case, neither have I followed the thread as I should, but replies like this bothers me.

It's literally the same response we got on this forum when Oyedepo was taken to court for slapping that girl. What part of the Bible supports this 'god's servant is above the law and therefore unquestionable' attitude.

Are we so ignorant of the fact that power can be abused? Smh...

Did you read his post? You really expected me to give him a decent response? He suggested the entire catholic clergy should be locked up and sodomised and you find nothing wrong with such statement?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

You my friend are a paedophile supporting your fellow paedophiles priests. Catholic priests my foot. I'm sure one of the requirements to being a pope and a priest is the ability to be able to f.uuck little boys and male babies. Mumu catholic.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:

You my friend are a paedophile supporting your fellow paedophiles priests. Catholic priests my foot. I'm sure one of the requirements to being a pope and a priest is the ability to be able to f.uuck little boys and male babies. Mumu catholic.

Comming from one without any iota of grey matter in his cranium,I would take that as a compliment.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

Did you read his post? You really expected me to give him a decent response? He suggested the entire catholic clergy should be locked up and sodomised and you find nothing wrong with such statement?

Yes I said all of them. Some priests sodomize little boys and male babies and the remaining priests cheer them on. I'm sure all of them priests go to the vatican several times a year to review techniques on how best they can sodomize little boys and male babies. The authorities should look for pamphlets printed by the catholic church and the pope, on how best to abuse little boys and male babies and ways and techniques in keeping their victims quiet. There is their evidence.

Bunch of paedophilic bastards.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by plaetton: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

Intimate abuse of kids does not only appen in the catholic curch,the catholic church cases does not even predominates in global statistics of paedophilia,so wile thinking of a solution to this menance kindly look at the bigger picture.If we need to carry out awareness to inform people on the need to immediately report to the police the better for us all.

Do you know how big the church is? You expect the authourities in Rome to be the one effecting arrest? You complained the church authourities were covering up abuse cases yet frown at the idea of victims going directly to the police!! So what really do you want?

World wide , how many reported cases of abuse is the catholic church dealing with right now? Take a guess?
World wide, how many unreported cases of abuse do you think that are out there right now, lets say in the last 30ys, 50yrs, 100yrs, or , in the last 2000 yrs?
Are you not thoroughly ashamed that the catholic church, an institution supposedly representing Christ, son of god, an institution that is supposed to be the repository of the highest morality, justice and a safest refuge for children, turns out to be the cesspool of hedonism, immorality and exploitation?
And here you are telling us that pedophelia is , after all, a worldwide phenomena.
Shame shame shame!
In the whole world, can you name one global institution that has more cases of pedophelia than the catholic church?.
How many cases have the catholic church investigated?
How many priests who have been found culpable have been reported and handed over to the police for prosecution?
Or do you also think that it is the duty of the child victims to report to the police?

By their words you should know them.

You had better shut up or risk losing whatever respect you enjoy on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton:

Are you not thoroughly ashamed that the catholic church, an institution supposedly representing Christ, son of god, an institution that is supposed to be the repository of the highest morality, justice and a safest refuge for children, turns out to be the cesspool of hedonism, immorality and exploitation?
And here you are telling us that pedophelia is , after all, a worldwide phenomena.
Shame shame shame!
In the whole world, can you name one global institution that has more cases of pedophelia than the catholic church?.

Do not mind the I.mbecile. I can't begin to imagine how many little boys and male babies the pope has b.uut f.uucked. That is whom catholics worship. A paedophilic pope.

Well I blame all catholic parents. No catholic parent should be allowed to have kids, and if they do , their kids should be taken away from them.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Zikkyy(m): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2013
chukwudi44:

musKeeto is right, i don't see much difference between your response and oyedepo's supporters. i honestly don't think you will achieve much fighting on behalf of the Pope. If people believe the pope should be arrested they should go ahead, though i don't see that happening.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Zikkyy(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton:
Or do you also think that it is the duty of the child victims to report to the police?

i want to believe this is public knowledge since you guys know so much. The question is what is the police doing to bring the affected priests to justice. Are they waiting for the church to first report them before they act? it's not just the catholic church, most institutions will first consider the potential damage before taking any action. you will not achieve much if you are waiting for the institution to report them.

plaetton:

for the church to take action, somebody must have reported the case. which is easier? reporting to the police or reporting to another priest or bishop?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Zikkyy(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:
Well I blame all catholic parents. No catholic parent should be allowed to have kids, and if they do , their kids should be taken away from them.

Please grow up! why do you have to insult every member of the catholic church?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2013
plaetton:

Are you for real?
How are you so soulless?

Young Children, some of whom were in orphanages and group homes under the stewardship of these priests?

Thanks for Calling me a Child Molester, but yet with all this, you still have not answered my Question. As I can see you are angry with me. Sorry if my simple question makes you fell like commiting suicide. I have seen you are the type that will tear his question paper and answer script in the exam hall when he sees a question he can't answer. So let me advice you again, take a break, by the way it seems you don't like brakes. Just go somewhere and cool your temper, then come back and reread my question and provide a reasonable answer, at least for the cases that were reported to the police. Once you have done that, we will continue from there.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:

Muskeeto the modrator, will not see this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do We Differentiate Between Discerning Spirit And Selective Gospel? / What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? / Primary Or Secondary Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.