Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (36056 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo / 'Gen'. Diya Who Cried B4 A Major Is Now A Mortuary Attendant Selling Human Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
genbuhari,

waiting on your response......

assuming diya, a yoruba, was involved in coup plot, he would not have done anything which hausa, ibo, middlebelters, have not done in coups past and for which the guilty was punished; to do a blanket sweep of officers with ethnic identity to diya and lock them up in humiliation is far extreme and has a more sinister reason to it tgan just coup plotting. what is that reason, what was abacha afraid of?

i have largely stayed away from your glorification of abacha but its time we reveal who abacha truly was in character and in duty.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by oilsuop: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Am ashamed of being a yoruba when i watch this vidoe sad who is frank menka? who told diya that he was being deceived that no yoruba generals was arrested.. sad

4 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
oil suop: Am ashamed of being a yoruba when i watch this vidoe sad who is frank menka? who told diya that he was being deceived that no yoruba generals was arrested.. sad

to make a statement like that you must not be a yoruba to begin with, or you do not understand the whole issue under discussion.

abacha arrested and jailed yoruba officers for diya's action. yorubas ought to hold their heads high and probe abacha's response. .....it is more a plot than a coup. abacha had become paranoid after he got in a power tangle with abdulsalam, who ibb had intended as his successor.

diya and bamaiyi know far more than they have revealed and abacha was not killed by cia, the job was done locally.

hamza's trial is coming up in april. in all likelihood he will be assassinated before or he should by all means be hanged afterward. there is nothing the north can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by oilsuop: 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

to make a statement like that you must not be a yoruba to begin with, or you do not understand the whole issue under discussion.

abacha arrested and jailed yoruba officers for diya's action. yorubas ought to hold their heads high and probe abacha's response. .....it is more a plot than a coup. abacha had become paranoid after he got in a power tangle with abdulsalam, who ibb had intended as his successor.

diya and bamaiyi know far more than they have revealed and abacha was not killed by cia, the job was done locally.

hamza's trial is coming up in april. in all likelihood he will be assassinated before or he should by all means be hanged afterward. there is nothing the north can do about it.
you made sense.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 19, 2013
Some people just like to spew rubbish over the internet because they find it convenient to do as they can hide under the anonymity it provides, in real life they are very timid. until you face a real life and death situation you cannot say this is what you'll do. All humans by their instinct will beg for their lives if they feel this could save them from an imminent death. How many the so called strong men have not cowed in the face of death? we have seen gadaffi, we've seen Samuel doe and even Saddam trying desperately to save their lives. We even know of one warlord who wouldn't even wait to face his enemies but bolted away in the middle of the night disguise as a woman just to escape from these enemies who are at least several tens of kilometres away grin grin grin yet his people don't see this as cowardice.

When it comes to standing for what you believe and holding forth even in the face of death, I'll give it all to Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'ivore, that guy was ready to face death face to face not like one warlord who ironically was known to have bolted to the same city where Gbagbo took the last stand.

11 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2013
inufele2: Some people just like to spew rubbish over the internet because they find it convenient to do as they can hide under the anonymity it provides, in real life they are very timid. until you face a real life and death situation you cannot say this is what you'll do. All humans by their instinct will beg for their lives if they feel this could save them from an imminent death. How many the so called strong men have not cowed in the face of death? we have seen gadaffi, we've seen Samuel doe and even Saddam trying desperately to save their lives. We even know of one warlord who wouldn't even wait to face his enemies but bolted away in the middle of the night disguise as a woman just to escape from these enemies who are at least several tens of kilometres away grin grin grin yet his people don't see this as cowardice.

When it comes to standing for what you believe and holding forth even in the face of death, I'll give it all to Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'ivore, that guy was ready to face death face to face not like one warlord who ironically was known to have bolted to the same city where Gbagbo took the last stand.

this is true and i still believe that this affair was between military guys to resolve. the fact that abacha had it taped goes to show that diya himself had some element of ruthlessness and abacha was not comfortable meeting alone with him without some evidence should something go wrong.

you can see the body language between the two, tense and distant. if the coup had succeeded only God knows what abacha himself would do to stay alive.

net-net, it is all within their military ranks and they need to contain their wahala within their barracks, not let it spill over into civilian population.

if this tape is new on the internet then it will make the third time in a short period that military has embarassed itself.

1. jaji bombing
2. coas biased promotions
3. diya plot on abacha
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by T9ksy(m): 12:28am On Feb 19, 2013
inufele2: Some people just like to spew rubbish over the internet because they find it convenient to do as they can hide under the anonymity it provides, in real life they are very timid. until you face a real life and death situation you cannot say this is what you'll do. All humans by their instinct will beg for their lives if they feel this could save them from an imminent death. How many the so called strong men have not cowed in the face of death? we have seen gadaffi, we've seen Samuel doe and even Saddam trying desperately to save their lives. We even know of one warlord who wouldn't even wait to face his enemies but bolted away in the middle of the night disguise as a woman just to escape from these enemies who are at least several tens of kilometres away grin grin grin yet his people don't see this as cowardice.

You forgot to add that this same ex-warlord, through his youthful exuberance stance has led to the untimely

death of tens of thousands of his own kiths and kins, whom he was purportedly fighting on their behalf.

This same ex-warlord 419ed his own people into believing that the federal troops were hell-bent on wiping them (ibos) all out

but when (the shiiit hits the fan), he abandoned them to the mercy of the same enemy troops that was supposed to be aiming to

exterminate them all.However, this did not come to pass.....................................................................

yet he remains an hero, to his people.

Certainly, the dead ex-warlord did not have that much convictions for his belief (which unfortunately has seen many of his own

people making an ""august visit" to their maker),that he was willing to die for it.

9 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by birdman(m): 1:03am On Feb 19, 2013

Still, Diya is a poor excuse for a General. Even years after the ordeal, he cannot muster up the courage to speak like a man

5 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 19, 2013
birdman:

Still, Diya is a poor excuse for a General. Even years after the ordeal, he cannot muster up the courage to speak like a man

Don't misunderstand my post I hold no brief for Diya at all!
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by birdman(m): 1:28am On Feb 19, 2013
^^I know. It was irritating to see how scared Diya was in the court room when the lawyer threatened that Abacha might show up. How does a chicken like this become a general.

4 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Freewilly(f): 1:37am On Feb 19, 2013
I wonder if the crying General has grown kids and how the would feel when the see their dad a whole General crying like a little girl.

3 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:48am On Feb 19, 2013
birdman:

there are somethings worth taking notes on in this courtroom . there is drama and as i watched i wondered if this was a traditional african courtroom whether sitting elders would allow such drama to unfold in their presence.

1. nigerian army is a joke
2. the prosecuting lawyer did not respect the accused, his profession, his rank or his person and was using tactics and questions to openly ridicule him
3. using newspapers and magazines publications to enter evidence
4. mixing human rights organization in a business of national security.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by dayokanu(m): 2:13am On Feb 19, 2013
Diya is almost a disgrace of Ojuku proportion except that he didn't or couldn't run away and wasn't leading an army like the bearded one

They are a disgrace to all men

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by birdman(m): 2:22am On Feb 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

there are somethings worth taking notes on in this courtroom . there is drama and as i watched i wondered if this was a traditional african courtroom whether sitting elders would allow such drama to unfold in their presence.

1. nigerian army is a joke
2. the prosecuting lawyer did not respect the accused, his profession, his rank or his person and was using tactics and questions to openly ridicule him
3. using newspapers and magazines publications to enter evidence
4. mixing human rights organization in a business of national security.

The lawyer was very unprofessional. He really had no point other than humiliation. It was obvious the panel was a joke too - it looked more like tales by moonlight than a reconciliation committee. Diya should have just gotten up and walked away.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by backtosender: 3:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Freewilly: I wonder if the crying General has grown kids and how the would feel when the see their dad a whole General crying like a little girl.
that's why his call weeping general grin
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Kc3000: 3:52am On Feb 19, 2013
The Oputa panel was not your traditional court setting, it was an investigating commission with the simple intent to uncover truth. No one was being charged for any crimes at the panel, but so much truth was unearthed that it is a shame the Nigerian government is yet to utilize these findings to bring anyone to justice.
Diya's testimony only confirmed what people had been thinking; he wasn't a stand up guy. I can understand being unnerved when caught in a situation like he was, but why carry on with all the bogus commentary....I'm sure Abacha wasn't very impressed.
- Stating that if he had gone to Abacha to tell him of Bamaiyi's plan, then Bamaiyi would have come back to kill him..lol. Dude u were 2nd in command, and u shamelessly sit there to tell us ur cowardice got the best of you.
- Lying and denying that he never knelt down and cried before Abacha, who was gentlemanly enough to hand him napkins..lol. Alas, Diya did not abandon this lie even after the tape clearly showed otherwise.
By the way, these desperate attempts to mention Diya in the same capacity as Ojukwu are just comical. One cannot mistake a chicken for a lion.

7 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Please do not turn this into a tribalistic thread.

There is no shame whatsoever in begging for your life I think most people would.

Ojukwu will have the respect of Igbos for ever, not because he fled when all hope was lost,but because he took a stand to fight the war in the first place a war that every Igbo man considered a just and necessary war.

Igbos are grateful that Ojukwu surrendered the war when he did because he considered the suffering that Igbos were being subjected to. Igbos have nothing but respect and gratitude for Ojukwu and Igbos were happy he escaped with his life when the war was lost, as capture would have meant certain death for him.

I hope that this is the last word on Ojukwu, as this thread is about the Oputa panel and the coup plan against Abacha.

I do not consider Gen. Diya Oladipo a coward, in fact he was very brave to have attempted a coup knowing how difficult it was for a coup to succeed against Abacha.

However he does not strike me to be very intelligent and made himself to look foolish by lying. He should have just come out and speak the truth after all it was meant to be the truth and reconcilation commission.

7 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by dayokanu(m): 4:16am On Feb 19, 2013
Kc3000: By the way, these desperate attempts to mention Diya in the same capacity as Ojukwu are just comical. One cannot mistake a chicken for a lion.

Do you recognize the tranny below?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/789775_Ojukwu_getting_ready_to_run_jpg967aeb75e390ca75377ad019b3c9fae5

2 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by dayokanu(m): 4:17am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari:
Ojukwu will have the respect of Igbos for ever, not because[size=18pt] he fled when all hope was lost[/size],but because he took a stand to fight the war in the first place a war that every Igbo man considered a just and necessary war.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 19, 2013
Please keep bigotted tribalistic posts away from this thread.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 5:34am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Please keep bigotted tribalistic posts away from this thread.

dude, this is nairaland, you are acting as if this was an innocent aim to have unbiased discussion but in actuality your goal is to ridicule but you see how yorubas have turned it in your face. sit back and let people enjoy their discussion, if anyone is bigotted its you.

meanwhile, do not waste answer on the questions i posed to you, im still waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2013
^
Tribalism is very small-minded and bigotted.

My reasons for posting the video are:

1. A rare dramatic private meeting between a head of state and his number two

2. To dispel the persistent lie that Abacha fabricated the idea that there was a coup plot in order to justify purging officers.

If you know me I have always taken a stand against tribalism regardless of which tribe it is aimed at.

4 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: ^

2. To dispel the persistent lie that Abacha fabricated the idea that there was a coup plot in order to justify purging officers.

If you know me I have always taken a stand against tribalism regardless of which tribe it is aimed at.

Nobody cares what your stand on tribalism is.the simple fact is that your thread just turned out to be a carcass for some vultures to feed on !
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: ^

1. did diya know a taping was running?
if he did not, then it cannot be called "a private meeting"; there are other persons in attendance and out of sight...... it goes back to my view that abacha had a grand plot. he had a motive and was justvwaiting for an opportunity to drop. diya was the opportunity.

2. all military regimes in nigeria, since their enthronement on us since 1966,, suffer the the burden of coup plots and coups. abacha himself has been involved in many coups and counter coups. why would he expect anything different when he sits on the throne? abacha had a motive and he was afraid ......all the members of his coup-plotting gang days had left and no one to cover loyally for him. he was paranoid and scared of the yoruba officers. he was involved in two overthrow of yoruba leadership - idiagbon and sonekan. he feared a reprisal. coup plots are trademarks of military rulers in africa and diya's plot is not an aberration and neither is it a sin or on a scale that the participation of a human rights group was needed.

the whole thing is a joke.....a circus! someone said diya should have simply got up and walked out and i agree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / Nigerian Air Force Bombs “Mass Gathering” Of Boko Haram Terrorists / APC Warri Rally: Buhari Has Foreseen His Defeat - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.