Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,460 members, 7,864,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (36061 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo / 'Gen'. Diya Who Cried B4 A Major Is Now A Mortuary Attendant Selling Human Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by IleIfe2(m): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Gen. Diya was crossed examined at the Human Rights Violation Commission (HRVIC) on the coup plan 1997 to overthrow Gen. Sanni Abacha, He bluntly denied the fact that he was part of the plan but he admitted he knew about the plan. He further explained that he was afraid of being killed by the Coup Master Planner if he revealed the plan.

He denied pleading with Gen. Sanni Abacha but was shocked to see the video where he truly knelt down before Gen. Sanni Abacha as tendered by the Lawyer.

Gen. Diya Oladipo then was appointed as Chief of Defense Staff. He was appointed Chief of General Staff in 1993 and Vice Chairman of the Provisional Ruling Council in 1994. In 1997 Diya and dissident soldiers in the military allegedly planned to overthrow the regime of Sani Abacha. The alleged coup was uncovered by forces loyal to Abacha, and Diya and his cohorts were jailed. Diya was tried in a military tribunal, and was given the death penalty.

grin grin grin Diya is still alive. Abacha could not beg Mossad or Arafat for his life. Nigeria is not worth it any way, but the money is worth it.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by vanbonattel: 7:58am On Feb 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

1. did diya know a taping was running?
if he did not, then it cannot be called "a private meeting"; there are other persons in attendance and out of sight...... it goes back to my view that abacha had a grand plot. he had a motive and was justvwaiting for an opportunity to drop. diya was the opportunity.

2. all military regimes in nigeria, since their enthronement on us since 1966,, suffer the the burden of coup plots and coups. abacha himself has been involved in many coups and counter coups. why would he expect anything different when he sits on the throne? abacha had a motive and he was afraid ......all the members of his coup-plotting gang days had left and no one to cover loyally for him. he was paranoid and scared of the yoruba officers. he was involved in two overthrow of yoruba leadership - idiagbon and sonekan. he feared a reprisal. coup plots are trademarks of military rulers in africa and diya's plot is not an aberration and neither is it a sin or on a scale that the participation of a human rights group was needed.

the whole thing is a joke.....a circus! someone said diya should have simply got up and walked out and i agree.

Got up and walked away when he dey more afraid of his life, have you forgotten his roots?

3 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by vanbonattel: 8:01am On Feb 19, 2013
birdman: ^^I know. It was irritating to see how scared Diya was in the court room when the lawyer threatened that Abacha might show up. How does a chicken like this become a general.

Bwhahahahaha, General indeed, abi na cry cry baby grin

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2013
Diya shouldn't have attended if he was not prepared to tell the truth
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by IleIfe2(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2013
inufele2: Some people just like to spew rubbish over the internet because they find it convenient to do as they can hide under the anonymity it provides, in real life they are very timid. until you face a real life and death situation you cannot say this is what you'll do. All humans by their instinct will beg for their lives if they feel this could save them from an imminent death. How many the so called strong men have not cowed in the face of death? we have seen gadaffi, we've seen Samuel doe and even Saddam trying desperately to save their lives. We even know of one warlord who wouldn't even wait to face his enemies but bolted away in the middle of the night disguise as a woman just to escape from these enemies who are at least several tens of kilometres away grin grin grin yet his people don't see this as cowardice.

When it comes to standing for what you believe and holding forth even in the face of death, I'll give it all to Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'ivore, that guy was ready to face death face to face not like one warlord who ironically was known to have bolted to the same city where Gbagbo took the last stand.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by IleIfe2(m): 8:34am On Feb 19, 2013
Ohhhhhh grin grin grin damn. It took me this long to figure this user Genbuhari is Ibo. All the Obasanjo hating threads etc. damn, how did i miss this all this while.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Diya shouldn't have attended if he was not prepared to tell the truth

the truth of what?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2013
Have you not seen my IBB hating threads also?!

I hate criminal looters such as thief Obasanjo.

I have nothing but praise for Fashola.

Ile-Ife:
Ohhhhhh grin grin grin damn. It took me this long to figure this user Genbuhari is Ibo. All the Obasanjo hating threads etc. damn, how did i miss this all this while.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Afam4eva(m): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2013
I saw Diya and Abacha on the thread title but when i entered i started seeing Ojukwu. Is Ojukwu another name for Diya or Abacha? #justasking

5 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by IleIfe2(m): 9:50am On Feb 19, 2013
The lawyer seems bitter about the outcome of the Dimka coup and his accent sounds like that of a Plateau guy. Does any one know his name?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2013
Ile-Ife:
So, anyone who hates Obasanjo is Igbo? Then majority of Yorubas must be Igbos too because last time i checked Yorubas were not fond of Obasanjo.

General_Buhari is a Buhari supporter and supports almost everything that Buhari supports including Abacha and hates what Buhari hates including Obasanjo.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by naptu2: 10:16am On Feb 19, 2013
Much stronger evidence that there was a coup plot surfaced at the Oputa Panel (via a microphone mistake that General Diya made).

My SSS friends told me that there was actually a coup plot and gave me details of the plot (particularly the role of Diya's CSO), but I didn't believe them.

Then I watched the Oputa Panel live and heard exactly what my friends told me in 1997.

General Adisa testified after General Diya. When Diya was leaving the witness box, he whispered to Adisa to deny everything. The house microphone was off, but the NTA microphone was live. Anybody who watched the exchange heard what Diya said.

General Adisa took the witness stand and admitted that there was a coup. He said that the ** point petition that Diya referred to was tantamount to a coup, because you cannot submit such a petition to the head of state in a military regime (that's one thing I liked about Adisa. He says it as it is, no matter what's happening).

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by TableLeg(m): 10:26am On Feb 19, 2013
Diya ... What a whimp!

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 10:36am On Feb 19, 2013
okay, the discussion has gone almost three pages now with no chaos......here comes psycopaths, fresh off a cocaine sniff trolling in to mess everything up. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Kidnapped Girls / Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo: I Earn $50 Per Tweet / Nigerian Air Force Bombs “Mass Gathering” Of Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.