Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,598 members, 7,865,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (36063 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo / 'Gen'. Diya Who Cried B4 A Major Is Now A Mortuary Attendant Selling Human Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
What proof have you found that 1995 coup (for which obasanjo was imprisoned) was a phantom coup?

This same way people was were saying that 1997 coup was a phantom coup also?

The video dispels the rumour that the Diya coup was a phantom coup.

Where is the evidence that 1995 coup was a phantom coup?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by jakaiso(m): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro: as far im concerned, the only nigerian army officer worth the value and honor of the medals pinned to his chest was TUNDE IDIAGBON.....that was a soldier!

True Idiagbon was great-but there are many true Nigerian soldiers-some who never held political office:

Joshua Dongoyaro (who put a stop to Charles Taylor, Yormie Johnson and their muderous rebels.

Maxwell Khobe-a true soldier who in 1 week put an end to the Sierro Leone killers who called themselves rebels

Mohammedu Buhari who put a 3 year stop to the incursion of Chadian soldiers into Nigeria and their wanton killing of Nigerians

Kaduna Nzeogwu

Adekunle Benjamin ( so good that 20 years after he left the army he was considered to head ECOMOG in the fight against Charles Taylor)

Ishola Williams

and others unnamed and unsung.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by maskid(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
jakaiso:

True Idiagbon was great-but there are many true Nigerian soldiers-some who never held political office:

Joshua Dongoyaro (who put a stop to Charles Taylor, Yormie Johnson and their muderous rebels.

Maxwell Khobe-a true soldier who in 1 week put an end to the Sierro Leone killers who called themselves rebels

Mohammedu Buhari who put a 3 year stop to the incursion of Chadian soldiers into Nigeria and their wanton killing of Nigerians

Kaduna Nzeogwu

tribalist!! where did u dig up these unkwown yoruba nonentities from?? hu sabi them . ABEG PARK WELL JOR. its clear u no noTTIN ABOUT the military or VALOUR.

Adekunle Benjamin ( so good that 20 years after he left the army he was considered to head ECOMOG in the fight against Charles Taylor)

Ishola Williams

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by maskid(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
jakaiso:

Kaduna Nzeogwu

Ishola Williams

hmm (after looking at ur list that stinks of tribalism) where did u dig up all these yoruba NOnentities from abeg park well jor!! its clear dat u knw nothing about vaLOUR and military prowess. so carry sit sidon. BY THE WAY ..WEN DID YORUBA PPLE START making good solDIERS??
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Joey82(m): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
jakaiso:

Kaduna Nzeogwu

Ishola Williams

I beg to disagree, joshua dogonyaro did not stop charles taylor and co.
victor malu did,
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by naptu2: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Joey82:

I beg to disagree, joshua dogonyaro did not stop charles taylor and co.
victor malu did,

Dogonyaro forced Charles Taylor to the negotiating table during the first Liberian war. It was after that point that he developed the tactics of asking for negotiations and declaring ceasefire whenever he was under pressure and then going back to the bush once he had re-armed and regained the advantage.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by lagcity(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro: as far im concerned, the only nigerian army officer worth the value and honor of the medals pinned to his chest was TUNDE IDIAGBON.....that was a soldier!

General Babatunde Idiagbon, a soldier's soldier. Rest in Peace.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by BabaO2: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
Was Abacha expecting him to cry for arranging those handkerchiefs/tissues for that purpose?. I was thinking the mentioned handkerchief was Abacha's personal handkerchief that he brought out of his pocket, not the well arranged ones on a chair for a predetermined purpose.

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oh dear! The yorubas must be very ashamed tonight. This thread has been used to splash them with that very word "COWARD" grin grin grin That's why posts are hidden. Don't hide my own abeg cos i haven't said anything yet.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by lagcity(m): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
toothpaste: Oh dear! The yorubas must be very ashamed tonight. This thread has been used to splash them with that very word "COWARD" grin grin grin That's why posts are hidden. Don't hide my own abeg cos i haven't said anything yet.

B@stard, you think yorubas care about what diya does? who is diya? who knows diya, and what rank does he have in yorubaland?
Our General Kakanfo Abiola showed bravery till death, unlike some bearded, quack, eastern Head of State. When you show me video of S.L. Akintola or MKO Abiola crying, then you've got my attention. Till then, fvck off!

2 Likes

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by VirginFinder: 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
maskid:

hmm (after looking at ur list that stinks of tribalism) where did u dig up all these yoruba NOnentities from abeg park well jor!! its clear dat u knw nothing about vaLOUR and military prowess. so carry sit sidon. BY THE WAY ..WEN DID YORUBA PPLE START making good solDIERS??

But I thought Biafra collapsed into the hands of a Yoruba man?

Have you forgotten so soon?

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by VirginFinder: 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
bonetalk: it is not called MB, It's called Internet data or Bandswitch bandwidth. Mb(megabyte) is the amount of data or bandswitchbandwidth you have on your smartphone, tablet or pc to surf the internet and it could as well be measured in kb(kilobyte), giggerbyte gigabyte etc

Fixed. cool

Even then you are still wrong. grin

Is your office in computer village?

Just asking.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigeria !

Why tribalism?

Mods please ban anybody that makes tribalistic comments.

This country is where it is today because of tribalism because there is always of significant proportion of the population that seems ready to tolerate or support a corrupt and wreckless leader just because that leader is from their tribe.

There is also significant proportion of population who would do all they can to bring down a competent and visionary leader just because that leader is not from their tribe.

Until we tame tribalism in Nigeria we would remain perpetually under-developed.[/size]
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
oladipo diya is one great LIAR...wow....anyway...can u just imagine....Who would have known that ABACHA was such a nice man...to have given handkerchief to someone who plotted his downfall..and still did not kill any of the coup plotters for as long as ONE year till his death....now we know ABACHA was only feared...not wicked..may his soul rest in peace. cheers
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abacha was no saint but he has proved he was not the demon he was made out to be.

After all he had the constitutional right to execute Obasanjo and the 1995 coup plotters but he didn't.

He also never executed Diya and the 1997 plotters.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
Warri _Pikin: O'l boy, Diya was a real coward! How could you plot a coup against your friend and your Head of State?
Abacha probably knew Diya was a lying snake that he recorded their meeting.Even at that, Diya is still denying everything he did on the tape.
I didn't like Abacha, but for sparing Diya's life after Diya had plotted to take his own, he was a truly forgiving man.

Come, you be hausa man? Abi you no dey for dis country dat time?
Abacha spared Diya's life ke? Abi you no know wetin you dey talk? God himself spared Diya's life and the rest of the condemned convicts by taking out that evil abacha. What do you mean by abacha being diya's friend? You think any hausa man being on the first seat in this country likes any other person outside his tribe and religion? Ol'guy, you surprise me o. Have you any idea that, anyone who worked under that man was under a blanket of tremor for his neck? Did you know abacha had signed the death warrant of all the condemned for that week? Did you know that abacha had signed and sealed off nigeria for OIC -organisation of islamic countries? Do you know the families of the convicts that were thrown in to an array of unendless joy unspeakable on that day when AIT, in exceeding fear, announced the mysterious death (which was the hand of God, whichever way, obviously) of abacha?
Chairman, no dey talk like that abeg, anyone, even you (God forbid) would act in fear for his/her own dear life. It was the glorious act of God that the bastard was "taken out" and the helpless captives were delivered by the greatest Helper of all mankind: God MostHigh. Only He (God) knows all and the full extent of what He saved this country from at the cancellation of that uncircumcised twist.
Bros abeg, I mean no harm or friction whatsoever, please. Forgive me abeg if this does.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Warri _Pikin: O'l boy, Diya was a real coward! How could you plot a coup against your friend and your Head of State?
Abacha probably knew Diya was a lying snake that he recorded their meeting.Even at that, Diya is still denying everything he did on the tape.
I didn't like Abacha, but for sparing Diya's life after Diya had plotted to take his own, he was a truly forgiving man.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by geedeex2(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
If you are don't know the story m, you keep shut. The said general is my uncle, I have first hand story
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha was no saint but he has proved he was not the demon he was made out to be.

After all he had the constitutional right to execute Obasanjo and the 1995 coup plotters but he didn't.

Dude stop posting rubbish, if you want to blow your trumpet about how much you liked abacha, do it but don't try to stick into our throat that he wasn't a demon. Abacha had no constitutional right in fact his constitutional right is to be executed along with Diya and co for holding the whole of Nigeria to ransom.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Thief Obasanjo executed 70 coup plotters in 1976

IBB executed hundreds of coup plotters (including army officer ) who perished in a suspicious plane crash

Abacha executed none , yet is Abacha that is being made out to be evil?

How many unsolved political assassination occured during Thief Obasanjo's 2nd coming 1999- 2007? there were scores of people murdered during Thief Obasanjo rule as a "democratic" president

There were almost no political assassinations in Abacha's time
inufele2:

Dude stop posting rubbish, if you want to blow your trumpet about how much you liked abacha, do it but don't try to stick into our throat that he wasn't a demon. Abacha had no constitutional right in fact his constitutional right is to be executed along with Diya and co for holding the whole of Nigeria to ransom.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by COOLDUN: 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ile-Ife:
The lawyer seems bitter about the outcome of the Dimka coup and his accent sounds like that of a Plateau guy. Does any one know his name?

Hence you and your tribe know every tribe's accent why don't you know his name through his accent too? i have seen many hidden posts and few trash that are directing their anger on another people instead of the people involved in the post. Moderator i thank you for a great job well done.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Thief Obasanjo executed 70 coup plotters in 1976

IBb executed hundreds of coup plotters (including army officer ) who perished in a suspicious plane crash

How many unsolved political assassination occured during Obasanjo's 2nd coming 1999- 2007? there were scores of people murdered during Thief Obasanjo rule as a "democratic" president

You don't get the hint do you? who care about Obj/Ibb/abacha etc, they are all coup plotters anyway. If you like call Obasanjo a thief and call abacha a good man, na your own problem be that.
And for the bold part above, you can f***king tell that to the dogs!

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by COOLDUN: 12:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Virgin Finder:

God bless you!

The most important things at the moment are:

1. Abacha is dead

2. Diya is still alive.

3. Abacha died before Abiola.

4. Abiola family got 2 oil wells from Abacha to compensate and persuade him from demanding for his presidential mandate. He refused till death. The oil wells still belong to the family.
Not a single ibo man - dead or alive has an oil well.

5. Obasanjo has ruled this country longer than any other person.

6. Obasanjo ensured that an Igbo man will never smell Aso rock by denying the Igbos of their traditional position of VP knowing fully well that the VP would become president in a short while.

7. Otedola (a ordinary businessman) took the most vocal and powerful northern politician in this dispensation and ruined his political career forever.

8. The north is banking on the Yorubas to have power in 2015.

9. An Igbo man will never be president.

10. APGA is dead.The Igbo party is gone.

Very good, clap for yourself, but one question, who went to Oguta to plead to an Igboman to stand by his side when he was boldly told that he will never rule the country? Do you know of any association called ABN ? you can complete it if you are intelligent.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by logica(m): 12:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Joey82:

I assure u dudu that there crack head soldiers out there who will not even blink not to talk of shedding a tear in such circumstances.
i just gave u examples of vatsa and orkar, their body languages and reactions during their trials is a pointer to the fact that they didnt give a damn, they sure knew the consequences of their actions.
i think during Diya's time soldiers became too much involved in politics and started thinking of themselves as civilians
the core discipline was no longer there and a lot of them were only interested in looting our treasury.
Vatsa actually begged Babangida and tried to escape through the air conditioner compartment on the wall in Babangida's office (if we are to believe Babangida's story).
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:09am On Feb 20, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha was no saint but he has proved he was not the demon he was made out to be.

WOW shocked I didnt know a head of state has statutory right to execute his citizen..... you are probably one of abacha's security hands that tortured citizens going by the way you always speak of this man. its hard to tell who is behind these internet monikers u know.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:17am On Feb 20, 2013

IBB executed hundreds of coup plotters (including army officer ) who perished in a suspicious plane crash

How many unsolved political assassination occured during Thief Obasanjo's 2nd coming 1999- 2007? there were scores of people murdered during Thief Obasanjo rule as a "democratic" president

70 is an exageratiom and obasanjo did not execute them, they were tried by military tribunal and none of them was tortured.

what do you call ken saro wiwa's death, a natural death?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:25am On Feb 20, 2013
COOLDUN:

Hence you and your tribe know every tribe's accent why don't you know his name through his accent too? i have seen many hidden posts and few trash that are directing their anger on another people instead of the people involved in the post. Moderator i thank you for a great job well done.

stop your sarcasm, we dont know his name but dude is either from langtang in plateau or gboko in benue going by his accent and facial features. he is very unprofessional, he stepped outside of his professional hat and engaged diya personally. diya hurt his own case in the way he responded and behaved in the courtroom.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Eziachi: 1:28am On Feb 20, 2013
But I must admit that I find the guy asking Diya questions, not only boring but over the top annoying. I can imagine the kind of law school that graduated that guys, repeating meaningless questions, beating about the bush with absolutely no coherent argument.
I can't imagine that guy representing any person with their head screwed on in court.
I won't be surprise if he is not wandering about with their usual big tag of a SAN.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:43am On Feb 20, 2013
it should not be a surprise if its revealed that he is a SAN. SAN is awarded by Federal Character now.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 20, 2013

Is this a joke. If na joke stop am ooo. Almost no political assassinations in Abachas time ke? U wan enter one chance abi. If the families of d dead send amadioha to u ehn.....edit that your mistake chap chap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier Defusing Landmines On A Road In Borno (photo) / Buhari And Ministers Shun South-East Summit After IPOB Threat / NIMC Workers Begin Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.