Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,400 members, 7,864,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (36059 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo / 'Gen'. Diya Who Cried B4 A Major Is Now A Mortuary Attendant Selling Human Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
hey omambala,

diya was far more brave than ojukwu.

diya is begging his boss to spare his life.

ojukwu ran and hid from his junior officers coming to pay him a bloodshed visit in enugu
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by achi4u(m): 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
But I was made to known that an army personel should not cry on whatever reasons not to talk of an "arm general"!
In a brave world,Diya should've allowed himself to be shot at a close range.

Well anybody can found himself on such situation.

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
achi4u: But I was made to known that an army personel should not cry on whatever reasons not to talk of an "arm general"!
In a brave world,Diya should've allowed himself to be shot at a close range.

Well anybody can found himself on such situation.

EXACTLY......THATS WHAT MILITARY LEADERS DO! NOT BEG ON YOUR KNEES OR TURN YOUR BACK AND FLEE.
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by dayokanu(m): 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
Is Diya related to Ojuku the fleeing warlord ?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
ojukwu is a worse coward than diya

1 Like

Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by jakaiso(m): 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Warri _Pikin: O'l boy, Diya was a real coward! How could you plot a coup against your friend and your Head of State?
Abacha probably knew Diya was a lying snake that he recorded their meeting.Even at that, Diya is still denying everything he did on the tape.
I didn't like Abacha, but for sparing Diya's life after Diya had plotted to take his own, he was a truly forgiving man.

Forgive how?
Diya was sentenced to death and would have been executed the very week Abacha died. It was God that forgave and saved him.
There is no forgiveness in the military.
Whose alive and whose dead now?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by EagleNest(m): 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nigeria Military is a mafia world.
Who do I believe now?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
didnt babangida accuse and killed mamman vatsa? did vatsa plan a coup? people just talk anyhow from bit and pieces picked up in their village rumor mill. coup ko, palongo ni!
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Joey82(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
maybe one day Atiku will also show us a video of how OBJ knelt down and begged him (Atiku) for a second term of office.
and to say these two (OBJ and Diya were one time generals is an utter disgrace to Nigerian military).
the likes of Vatsa were in a more precarious situation compared to Diya's and never begged.
The rule is simple; if u plan a coup and u suceed, kudos; if u dont, u are dead.
why beg having admitted u did it, u'll die anyway.
Lest i 4get, Buhari also cried during one of his campaign speeches.
I guess its safe to say Nigerian Military ends up breeding crying/begging generals.
shame! shame!! shame!!!
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by DuduNegro: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
genbuhari,

now that the distractors have gone to find something else to do, can you answer the questions? the whole story has not been told.

1. what was abacha afraid of?
2. did diya plot a coup?
3. what does diya's charges have to do with yoruba top officers that were arrested and locked up?
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by ddeola: 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
E no easy nau,d man neva ready to die abi na wetin grin
Re: Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness by Joey82(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro: genbuhari,

now that the distractors have gone to find something else to do, can you answer the questions? the whole story has not been told.

1. what was abacha afraid of?
2. did diya plot a coup?
3. what does diya's charges have to do with yoruba top officers that were arrested and locked up?

Abacha has been involved in coups and counter coups right from his days as a junior officer, its only natural (just like IBB) for him to have doubts about his 2IC's ambitions, abacha never trusted anybody and ended up been caught in his paranoia.

and diya himself admitted to knowing about the coup even though he said he was not directly involved. the fact that he did not report means he had his own interests. In a typical military setting, the fact that u know of any mutiny and does not report makes u one with the plotters.

for the other yporuba officers, adisa himself admitted to been involved, major fadipe was diya's security officer i think and he tried hidng diya when the sss came calling, i dont have any idea of tajudeen olanrewaju's involvement anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi Destroys PMB, Says President Doesn't Listen To Anybody Doesn't Read-Reno / Motorcycle Thief Caught And Beaten In Rivers State (Disturbing Photos) / Sheikh Zakzaky: Majority Of Nigerians In Favour Of Islamic System Of Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.