Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (46882 Views)

Re : Man Is Not The Head Of The Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! / Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by MILITIA(f): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2007
ozoneflake:

@gina let me disagree with you first, that women are stronger than men. Every thing been equal the man must have an edge.

Gods wisdom is not like ours. The absence of those two ribs only, makes the woman the weaker sex. In her own way the woman is unique. God made man in a hurry and gave him raw streghnt but the woman He took time to create. To compesate her for the raw strenght He made her dominion over man. Look at all the great men of old and today. Both war lords and simpletons. Women have the way to their heart her while they only seek to pull her skirt.

But because of that raw streghnt to be strong in fending for the family the man got his egde over the woman. She was made to clean the sweat off the man when he comes home beaten by sun. Thats why she was made a helper. To releif and sooth him.

ORISHIRISHI! Hum-humh? shocked------------------sighs! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by mide2(f): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2007
@ozoneflake, you need to get a grip on the anatomy of the human body. FYI, the human ribs are 12 in both male and female.Plus if God took a rib outta Adam to make Eve, doesn't that make Adam one rib lesser than Eve ?

Stop all these rubbish all in the name of defending the silly notion of man being any superior to woman. Wake up and smell the coffee, we are nothing but equals ! Okay ?
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2007
mide2:

@ozoneflake, you need to get a grip on the anatomy of the human body. FYI, the human ribs are 12 in both male and female.Plus if God took a rib out of Adam to make Eve, doesn't that make Adam one rib lesser than Eve ?

Stop all these rubbish all in the name of defending the silly notion of man being any superior to woman. Wake up and smell the coffee, we are nothing but equals ! Okay ?

It's just like saying that because a dog's tail was cut off, all its puppies will be born without a tail. Isn't that ridiculous?! If they had ever existed then anything that happened betweem Adam and Eve should remain between them.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by MP007(m): 9:18am On Jul 20, 2007
cos God said so, shut up and get that steppin
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by omogenaija(f): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2007
MP007:

because God said so, shut up and get that steppin

angry angry angry

just b/c ur the head doesnt mean crap anyways
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by honeric01(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2007
uhm, how bold, strong are women when it comes to handling violence in the home or if an outlander is coming to have the family torn into pieces, can a woman stand in place of a man, ? only for those who understood my questions
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by MILITIA(f): 3:16am On Jul 21, 2007
honeric01:

uhm, how bold, strong are women when it comes to handling violence in the home or if an outlander is coming to have the family torn into pieces, can a woman stand in place of a man, ? only for those who understood my questions

laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin laff grin
---------------------------------------till----------farts! PROW! --Excuse me!

When some men hide under the bed or jump out the window when armed robbers visit in Nigeria! shocked
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by debosky(m): 3:19am On Jul 21, 2007
honeric01:

Ol boy leave that side o! it really depends on the personalities of the couple! I remember its my mum that always 'dealt' with us whenever we misbehaved, pops never gave us the lashings we needed, he couldn't stand such violence.

I still believe men are the head of the family (as ordained by God) but in certain functions, the woman takes the lead!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by MILITIA(f): 3:23am On Jul 21, 2007
angry------------------------------ undecided ----------------------------------------- lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by honeric01(m): 3:24am On Jul 21, 2007
lol,
debosky:

Ol boy leave that side o! it really depends on the personalities of the couple! I remember its my mum that always 'dealt' with us whenever we misbehaved, pops never gave us the lashings we needed, he couldn't stand such violence.
thats your dad, not mine, that means your dad shied away from his responsibility

I still believe men are the head of the family (as ordained by God) but in certain functions, the woman takes the lead!
men can't always be everywhere in the decision making
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by ozoneflake(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2007
michelin89 wake up girl, we can never be equals cause 2 captains can never manage a boat so the saying goes. And the words of wisdom are ways to correction. The problem is that the woman wants to take the place of the man which is practically impossible. Come back to Africa and tell your husband, if he is African that you want to lead the home like a man. And i think you are not a Christain too cause my views are practically what the Holy Bible had thought us. If you know plenty ask God why he said the woman must be submissive to the man. Because he knew from time that people like you would want to take the place of a man.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2007
ozoneflake:

michelin89 wake up girl, we can never be equals cause 2 captains can never manage a boat so the saying goes. And the words of wisdom are ways to correction. The problem is that the woman wants to take the place of the man which is practically impossible. Come back to Africa and tell your husband, if he is African that you want to lead the home like a man. And i think you are not a Christain too cause my views are practically what the Holy Bible had thought us. If you know plenty ask God why he said the woman must be submissive to the man. Because he knew from time that people like you would want to take the place of a man.

If you know then why are u wasting your energy in typing. These xtians sef. they always want to force their beliefs on people as if na them know pass!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by English1(f): 12:02am On Jul 24, 2007
You know it is possible to live without either the man or the woman being 'in charge' or 'the head'. Lots of people live as equal partners and discuss and negotiate things between them perfectly well. It's not the case that women want to take over. They just want to be equal. It's very simple.

A marriage isn't a boat so why talk of captains? You might as well say 'a football team needs 11 players' so 11 people should be married together. Not relevant. (In any case, you get female boat captains, lol).

If you want to live your life in a traditional relationship, that's fine. But there's nothing wrong with other people who don't. Not everyone has to live their lives or run their marriages in the same way as you.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Planner(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2007
You know it is possible to live without either the man or the woman being 'in charge' or 'the head'. Lots of people live as equal partners and discuss and negotiate things between them perfectly well. It's not the case that women want to take over. They just want to be equal. It's very simple.

Yes it possible but not advisable. There should be always someone who the "the buck stops at his table". I always ask: if there was not suppose to be a leader why did God created Adam before Eve? Mind you a man been the head of the family does not make a woman inferior (becuase my mother is not inferior to my dad neither is my wife inferior to me). What makes a family stable is the protection the man gives to the women and children (damn! the economy is changing all that) and the love and guidance the woman gives to her man and children, which makes the family balanced.

I also want to ask the question. Why is that our parents who have a more traitional family arrangements has more stable marriages that we.

In a society where women have more life chioces and freedom, that society tend to have more unstable marriages.

A marriage isn't a boat so why talk of captains? You might as well say 'a football team needs 11 players' so 11 people should be married together. Not relevant. (In any case, you get female boat captains, lol).

That is correct.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2007
Planner:

In a society where women have more life chioces and freedom, that society tend to have more unstable marriages.

You were sounding too rational. I knew you were going to go astray sooner or later.

It was sooner than I thought!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by CrazyMan(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ michelin89

You seem to be so bent on your opinion that women can also be the head of the family.
Well i'd say it depends. If you're plaining to become the head of your family, it's ok.
there are most families that are controled by women.

There has to be a final end to this argument.
women are also humans God created them, so if they want to rule, they can go ahead and rule.

are you satisfied now?
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2007
Yes, we are. We women feminist activists are very satisfied by that concession.

However, why does the home need a leader anyway? Must there by a despot in every hut?
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2007
Seun:

However, why does the home need a leader anyway? Must there by a despot in every hut?

I agree with Seun!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by WesleyanA(f): 3:21am On Jul 26, 2007
i can't believe myself rereading my post from 2005 on this topic.
esp. the one about agreeing with shief(sp?) undecided

Seun:

word!!
there are homes that need a leader. imo if the woman happens to be the leader, so be it (in these homes the woman is in charge) but if the leader happens to be male, so be it.
but usually, people always criticize and call the husband "weak" if they find out that the female leads the home. they always feel that situations like this is abnormal when in fact there's absolutely nothing wrong in it.
and there are other homes that thrive on partnership.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Planner(m): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2007

Bother Seun and Sister michelle a home need a leader by way of vision . The same way that nations require leaders for directions that is also reason homes need a (good) leader. Leader in the sense that goals and objectives are set and pursued.

There are many examples of disorganisation where male figures are absent. African american communities are classsic example.

That is not to say that Women cannot be good leaders, of course they can be, but, it is usually in the absense of a men.

the sense of responsibility and self-reliance was learnt from my Father not mother. Women tend to be more emotional than men (probalby that is why they are less prone to violence and other delinquent behaviour) , softer, and smothering- which is not a really good qualities of what a leader of a family should have.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2007
Planner:

the sense of responsibility and self-reliance was learnt from my Father not mother. Women tend to be more emotional than men (probalby that is why they are less prone to violence and other delinquent behaviour) , softer, and smothering- which is not a really good qualities of what a leader of a family should have.

You always start well, but later fall brutally.
So my being emotional, less prone to violence and deliquent behaviour, softer and smothering doesn't make me a good leader?

So a good leader should be violent, prone to deliquence, tough and only you know what else?

Hey does that make sense to you? 'cause it doesn't to me!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by vigasimple(m): 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2007
Again with greatest of respect

A lot of people here especially our women thinks that economic power and all those modern choices is what the leadership of the home is all about.

No, it is a fallacy that has run for generation, even though God want men to provide for their family, the headship we are talking here is spiritual and even there are times that the woman may not agree with her husband but a simple prayer will open the eyes of the Husband and direct him right to lead the family to the 'promised land' or where the family wil find peace and fulfilment with God.

It is an accepted fact that the majority of women are emotinal and there is a reason for that and it is for the will of God to be done. The bible said that the woman will always relly on the husband, it did not say financially but we know it means emotionally. A family with a father (in vast majority of cases) always shows in terms of the diffrence of that fatherood.

I respect all those opinion which are predominately feminist but One thing I am sure is that 95% of those feminist would sing diffrent tune in less tahn 20 years.

I always add and remove 20 years from present age and that will give you what position you will look like in 20 years, so the women the ones who are lucky to still have the headship of the house will be eternally grateful to the almighty God and the ones without will question whether there is God.

Heaven and Earth will change , the word of God and God will never change. He or she who has ears let him/her hears, What God has establish is not a political football and will never be one. May God spare our lives and the group here tobe able to have this debate in 20 years time. The position would be clear without a shadow of doubt.

May the blessing of the Lord continue to abide with us.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hi,
Nature made it so.But dt is not 2 say dt men shld love it over d women.women havea as much d same brain cells as men(no diff) n some have even proved 2 b more intelligent dn men.dD woman is designed 2 b d helper of d man,d one who softens his HARD  n ROUGH LIFE,the one who remembers those things he cant n who does those things he cant do or find time 2 do.WOMEN ARE NOT 2ND CLASS CITIZENS.It is only irresponsible men who think in that light(alth some women's behavoiur may sometimes make 4 such thoughts).DR IS MORE 2 EVERY WOMAN NO MATTER HOW UGLY OR UNINTELLIGENT SHE MAY SEEM.I ENCOURAGE D MEN 2 MAKE OUT TIME N APPRECIATE DR WOMEN.

Have u ever thought about what this life would have been without WOMEN?
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by sage(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2007
I want to ask these questions with an open mind

Why is it that Females who want equality with Men (esp the femnists) still on a general level (ie there are exceptions)

1 Want a man that is bigger in size than them (Non seems to want a man they are bigger/Taller than or eqaul to in size cheesy)

2 Generally prefer a man with a bigger bank account than them.
etc etc wink
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by sage(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2007
and from a neutral standpoint

@Weslyn A, Micheline and other Femnists

THERE IS NO EQUALITY IN THE WEST (unlike what most believe). WHAT YOU HAVE ARE IDEAS AND LAWS BASED ON PATRIACHACY

I don't think there is equality in nature or any culture for that matter when it comes to the matter of the sexes.
I think nature made the sexes complementary not competitors. One sex is more suited to certain things and the other sex more suited to others.

Infact, feminism in itself looks like it does have harmful effects to women.

The above is  a hypothesis. Ask me and il tell you why it could be so.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by honeric01(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2007
Still on this post, uhm, very funny, Life is very vast for everyone to learn from
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by donjohano(m): 1:17am On Jul 27, 2007
It was ordained by man, not God.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Godsgirl(f): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2007
Because my God said so. Inspired by the Spirit of God, St Paul tells us the intention of the Father God in 1 Cor 11:3. For those of you who are familiar with St Paul's writings, you will recall that whenever Paul is not led of God to speak on an issue, but of "himself", he is careful to say something like, "I, not God" to ensure that the reader is aware that this is "his own" opinion. However, 1 Cor 11:3 is not one of those times Paul spoke for himself. But this was actually God speaking through Paul.

If anyone does not like my response, they may take it up to the creator, GOD. Go ahead and ask Him why. After all, He is the one who said, "ask and you shall receive" right? I cannot help you further. I choose to obey God-not obey what i "feel" or what "people" think. Everyone has a choice to rebel against His Word. Thank God for free will. I am Christian, If you are not a believer, then find out how an issue such as this is handled in your own area of belief.

This is my stance on the matter

Agape!
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Planner(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2007
It was ordained by man, not God.

What? Ordained by Man? If it is so why has the family been relatively stable until the rise of thje feminist movement?

The truth is women are assistants in the family. The man is the head but in the absense of a man then a women can assume the role.

Even the Bible also recognises the importance the man being the head of the family.

Ephesians 5:22-33 says it all. The passage also caution against men maltreating their spouses.

So my dear ladies in the house, a man being the head of the family doe s not mean that the man will be didctator but a loving father and husband who is ready to sacrifice for the family- that to me is a good leader.

cheers.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by honeric01(m): 12:26am On Jul 28, 2007
uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Thank God for God
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 28, 2007
Planner:

What? Ordained by Man? If it is so why has the family been relatively stable until the rise of thje feminist movement?

The truth is women are assistants in the family. The man is the head but in the absense of a man then a women can assume the role.

Even the Bible also recognises the importance the man being the head of the family.

Ephesians 5:22-33 says it all. The passage also caution against men maltreating their spouses.

So my dear ladies in the house, a man being the head of the family doe s not mean that the man will be didctator but a loving father and husband who is ready to sacrifice for the family- that to me is a good leader.

cheers.

In Nigeria where presidents and governors do and undo just because they are in charge, what stops the heads of the home to also act as dictators. Just like how the citizens are trying to limit the power of out leader, we women are doing the same. We beg you "men" to please stay out and let us ac chieve our goal. We don't like pains in the ass.
Re: Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? by honeric01(m): 2:19am On Jul 28, 2007
We are not saying women should be limited, what i am saying is that, Position shouldn't be dragged with men by women except if the man voluteer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / Nigerian Couple Who Lived In Empty Uncompleted Building Shares Growth / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.