Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,529 members, 7,843,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48205 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by yuzedo: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
If his badonkey is 18inches and more: HELL YEA! grin wink
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by freecocoa(f): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Joey82:

if u are doing it all, it should be because u feel the need to help out not because u are enticing him to put a ring on it.
and even if someday he or u decides to end the r/ship, u shouldnt feel sad for the reason that he turned u down after all the house chores u did.
i'v grown up with ladies who cant afford to see any dirt around.
any time my elder sister comes around, she puts the house in order for me and quarrel y i'v not washed the dishes for 2 days, not that i'm dirty but its not easy to come home after a tiring work day and still muster the strength to the chores.
if my own sister can help out, y shouldnt my girl friend do that anytime she's around, if her own friends come visiting and see the whole place unkept, will they blame me for been dirty or will blame her for been lazy?
If you read my first post, you'll notice I said I can help sometimes, infact I do help sometimes but expecting it to be my duty is a blawdy NO for me.

If I come around and the house is untidy, I'd make him get up and I'll join in tidying it not get to work as if he's been waiting for me to come do it, he got back from work and is tired abi? What if I work too? Let's say I came back from mine, tidied my house and then went to see my man, so I'm supposed to start tidying his house cos he just got back from work? Eziokwu.

If they cohabit then that's a different story but expecting me to leave my house everyday and go tidy a grown man's house all in the name that he works doesn't work for me.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
technokid: if all these r only 4 wifey to do,pls list three things u can do as galfriend to show love apart 4rm sex that he can pay for outside

Don't mind them , they don't seem to understand that sex is very cheap outside. It takes more than just being a wh-o-re to keep a decent guy. No wonder, they get heart break per seconds.

So as a single guy, if u come to my house and sleep on my bed, I wake up before u. You expect me to come and lay the bed for you
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
I believe am a very lucky guy when it comes to relationship, or is it that Internet babes are different from the ones I meet in real life.
Wait ohh.... You call yourself my babe, you dey visit my abode but you know wan know whether I dey cook or not 9(you no even wan know the direction of my kitchen).
Sometimes you go fit come weekend for my place, and when we wake up from sleep you go wan go palour go watch nollywood or carry my lappy or your phone begin dey browse..... we no go chop breakfast, you no go sweep room....
Abeg where all these Agaracha babes dem dey? I wan meet them.
It's either you are just my fuc,k mate or you are not. If you are my babe, and I do those things expected of me as your man and you come with the op's mentality... omo na bye bye to bad rubbish ohh. Na only small boy wey never date REAL WOMAN dey fall for this kain trick.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:
I believe am a very lucky guy when it comes to relationship, or is it that Internet babes are different from the ones I meet in real life.
Wait ohh.... You call yourself my babe, you dey visit my abode but you know wan know whether I dey cook or not 9(you no even wan know the direction of my kitchen).
Sometimes you go fit come weekend for my place, and when we wake up from sleep you go wan go palour go watch nollywood or carry my lappy or your phone begin dey browse..... we no go chop breakfast, you no go sweep room....

It's either you are just my fuc,k mate or you are not. If you are my babe, and I do those things expected of me as your man and you come with the op's mentality... omo na bye bye to bad rubbish ohh. Na only small boy wey never date REAL WOMAN dey fall for this kain trick.
Lmaoooo!! oh boi e! See something! grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Elxandre: Awon greedy girls...what about the guy paying your bills? Is he your husband too...na people like una dey create thread on "why am i still single @40

Some of them u see here commenting trash will murder any chicks who dares come near their guy..l pity the innocent ladies that will apply these garbash they are saying..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Moji12(f): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Helping out dont mean u obliged into doing it all d time nau.... Hian! Wots ur definition of girlfriend?
Pls ask dem,some pple can so pretend,funny enof dese ladies dat r condemning are d ones dat do it,y not b real,I do it,dere is no big deal in it.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by tijayjay: 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
favynikky: I have a friend that does it and it is quite disturbing.

What are your thoughts on this?
LADIES ARE ALWAYS SELFISH, IF U CLAIM U R NOT HOUSE WIFE AND CAN NOT BE DOING HOUSE WIFE CHORES, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MAN IS NOT YET A HUSBAND AND STOP DEMANDING OR EXPECTING A HUSBAND RESPONSIBILITIES, SO THE EQUATION CAN BE BALANCE, STOP ASKING FOR MONEY FOR UR HAIR, UR CREAM AND OTHER OF UR NEEDS WHICH IS A HUSBAND RESPONSIBILITY.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmaoooo!! oh boi e! See something! grin grin

Idowu, na wetin internet babes wan make we tolorate naw... which kain mumish guy dey date these babes them.
My babe or those I have dated in the past no fit wan make I put up with that rubbish naw...
Moreover I be person wey no dey hide mouth. I go just call you tell you say ya mama no do better job for training.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
freecocoa: If you read my first post, you'll notice I said I can help sometimes, infact I do help sometimes but expecting it to be my duty is a blawdy NO for me.

If I come around and the house is untidy, I'd make him get up and I'll join in tidying it not get to work as if he's been waiting for me to come do it, he got back from work and is tired abi? What if I work too? Let's say I came back from mine, tidied my house and then went to see my man, so I'm supposed to start tidying his house cos he just got back from work? Eziokwu.

If they cohabit then that's a different story but expecting me to leave my house everyday and go tidy a grown man's house all in the name that he works doesn't work for me.

Base on this points ur right..b/c it's full of honest & natural but some ladies will like a guy then pretending to show case their qualities in the name of he will take me for granted ...not knowing he's watching you!..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by scobaba: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
Make una bone all these talk. Those girls wey say dem no dey do am, NA DEM DO AM PASS.
They just hate to admit it, even here on Nairaland where we don't know who is who.
I hail naija girls for pretense, dem good die.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Moji12(f): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
luvmijeje: @Idowuogbo,wetin u deh talk now,guy weh never pay ur bride price I will now be doing wifely duties.Then why the need for marriage.
As other said,there should be a limit to what u will do for a bf.
but I bet u will never reject any expensive gift showered over u cos u were not married. Mtchew hypochrites.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
tijayjay:
LADIES ARE ALWAYS SELFISH, IF U CLAIM U R NOT HOUSE WIFE AND CAN NOT BE DOING HOUSE WIFE CHORES, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MAN IS NOT YET A HUSBAND AND STOP DEMANDING OR EXPECTING A HUSBAND RESPONSIBILITIES, SO THE EQUATION CAN BE BALANCE, STOP ASKING FOR MONEY FOR UR HAIR, UR CREAM AND OTHER OF UR NEEDS WHICH IS A HUSBAND RESPONSIBILITY.

Money for weekly hair
Blackberry monthly bis
school fees.
Money for shopping.
Faithfullness.
Care.
A shoulder to cry on
Emotional adviser,
financial adviser.

So what will you do to make him feel loved ? Just having sex with him ?

Who looks for sex at that expensive rate. Wake up.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by maxygirl(f): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
I have a friend that goes to her bf place every weekend to cook, clean and do all the wifely duties. Its not my thing sha. If he comes to my house, i can cook but to go every weekend to wash and clean... No way
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Moji12: but I bet u will never reject any expensive gift showered over u cos u were not married. Mtchew hypochrites.

It's was their type will not let pastor rest as if the man is cause their singlehood..selfishness in highest order.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
scobaba: Make una bone all these talk. Those girls wey say dem no dey do am, NA DEM DO AM PASS.
They just hate to admit it, even here on Nairaland where we don't know who is who.
I hail naija girls for pretense, dem good die.

bros I taya ooh. No only for internet I dey see those kain babes.
If you be babe and I don toast you and you don gree. We don do the do and you still dey form AGARACHA, omo you no be MY BABE, you be MY FU,CK MATE simple.
My babe na my semi wifey, you no like am like that, No P.
Whenever you want money or you need my assistance, call me. After I don deliver, I take you home and you will also deliver your own part.
LIFE ANA AGAGA.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by tijayjay: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:
you are right on point,ladies are just selfish, they dont want do house chores because they claim they are not legally married and yet they expect the man to take responsibility of a married man.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: That's one thing that disgusts me about Nigerian men.
I'm not your mother, don't expect me to do wifey material stuff for you, while you give me nothing.
I used to b4 till I came to my senses. I did it to be nice, but I realized that it came as an expectation for them.
Mthewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Very annoying.

Your case is very different. You dated an idiot.

No sane girl dates a truthful and responsible guy without taking care of him like his mother. If you know what i mean.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by quidnovi: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
its a great opportunity for ladies to start learning to play d proper role of a house-wife but, it all depends on d kind of guy ur dating. not every guy will appreciate it.

No be say na by force to do am ohhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
@OP: Dammytosh made a very worthy point: The question is not if it's right or wrong; The question is 'Is he worth it?' Before I met my fiancee, I don't do house chores for guys as a principle. However, when we started, there was nothing he couldn't do for me domestically and in every way. I was open to change and I did everything worth doing for him to. Naturally, we do all chores together because it's so much fun. When I wanted to relocate b'cos of my job, he looked for the house, cleaned it and we scrubed it together. He would soon get his apartment and I would be more than glad to do those chores. While we were serving, he always cooked elaborately when I was coming and reciprocated the gesture. Love is about sharing and putting each other's needs above ours. So the question really is: 'Is your guy worth it?'

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
maxygirl: I have a friend that goes to her bf place every weekend to cook, clean and do all the wifely duties. Its not my thing sha. If he comes to my house, i can cook but to go every weekend to wash and clean... No way

l have a lady who follow this ur pattern before she knows jack & robinson someone else have comfortably taken over which is far better than her..come see crying & forwarding,well l have to pick one of them which is the current one.. coming to her house ni..while a whole lot of them are praying in different churches asking Pastor to show them the house to go..Note:how can he knows u when you hardly been close?..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
maxygirl: I have a friend that goes to her bf place every weekend to cook, clean and do all the wifely duties. Its not my thing sha. If he comes to my house, i can cook but to go every weekend to wash and clean... No way
Abeg make I hia word joor! If una marry sef u no go wash and clean. Na ur way!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Xavier1976(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Marriage is not by force, so put a sock in it.

I hope Obama is reading, maybe I'd actually care.

Lazy Nigerian men looking for mama part 2.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, be careful of what you wish for yourself madam, they may actually come true !!!! If Marriage is your only motivation in a relationship then you are a selfish, self centered, self interest, self seeking, egoistical individual and you would only attract a goon partner just like you. You don't only have a bleak perception of what life is but you readily dish out uncouth terms with such impunity, i would say again ; you shall know them by their words.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: Dammytosh made a very worthy point: The question is not if it's right or wrong; The question is 'Is he worth it?' Before I met my fiancee, I don't do house chores for guys as a principle. However, when we started, there was nothing he couldn't do for me domestically and in every way. I was open to change and I did everything worth doing for him to. Naturally, we do all chores together because it's so much fun. When I wanted to relocate b'cos of my job, he looked for the house, cleaned it and scrubed it together. He would soon get his apartment and I would be more than glad to do those chores. While we were serving, he always cooked elaborately when I was coming and reciprocated the gesture. Love is about sharing and putting each other's needs above ours. So the question really is: 'Is your guy worth it?'
My dear, dats another topic entirely. D main discussion hia is... Would y'all cook, clean and wash for boyfriends? YES or NO!!!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Dovahkiin(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: Dammytosh made a very worthy point: The question is not if it's right or wrong; The question is 'Is he worth it?' Before I met my fiancee, I don't do house chores for guys as a principle. However, when we started, there was nothing he couldn't do for me domestically and in every way. I was open to change and I did everything worth doing for him to. Naturally, we do all chores together because it's so much fun. When I wanted to relocate b'cos of my job, he looked for the house, cleaned it and scrubed it together. He would soon get his apartment and I would be more than glad to do those chores. While we were serving, he always cooked elaborately when I was coming and reciprocated the gesture. Love is about sharing and putting each other's needs above ours. So the question really is: 'Is your guy worth it?'

Simple and short
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
My dear, dats another topic entirely. D main discussion hia is... Would y'all cook, clean and wash for boyfriends? YES or NO!!!
If he deserves it, yes. If not, no. I won't even be with someone who is not worth it. I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by specialguest(f): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
buchibabe: Turning his house upside down all in d name of cleaning and playing d "wifey" does not guarantee d title "mrs". However like some peeps hv said here,u can help out once in a while like weekends.
I belong to the same school of thought as you. Imagine a typical Nigerian guy who has 'n' number of girlfriends, if more than one of them exhibits the 'wifey characteristics' as defined on this thread i.e cooking, cleaning, laundry etc .. What is the guarantee that at the end of it all you will become his Mrs?

Back to op's question, personally i wont take up the responsibilities of his mother until we start getting serious and the relationship is heading somewhere then i can lay my guards down and begin to show the 'wifey' qualities. By the way food is a MUST! so whether we are getting serious or not i like to play by the rule which says the way to a man's heart is...................... Therefore i make exceptions for cooking.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
Caracta: Personally, i don't like playing a different role. I'm not a wife yet, but i can help out once in a while. However, i am not a great fan of cohabitation. I can't live with a man i'm not married to.
True...cant sleep in his house as well...

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: Dammytosh made a very worthy point: The question is not if it's right or wrong; The question is 'Is he worth it?' Before I met my fiancee, I don't do house chores for guys as a principle. However, when we started, there was nothing he couldn't do for me domestically and in every way. I was open to change and I did everything worth doing for him to. Naturally, we do all chores together because it's so much fun. When I wanted to relocate b'cos of my job, he looked for the house, cleaned it and we scrubed it together. He would soon get his apartment and I would be more than glad to do those chores. While we were serving, he always cooked elaborately when I was coming and reciprocated the gesture. Love is about sharing and putting each other's needs above ours. So the question really is: 'Is your guy worth it?'

My dear, God bless you. You don't enjoy a relationship through principle. There should be a place of you shifting ground and that is called love.

If you have this guy who can stake his life for you. Defends you. You know how unsafe you feel without him being around. there is a problem, all you need is just for your baby to say , "It is well." Tell me what is too much ?

Please don't follow all this anonymous users that scream God Forbid. I know their type. The last girl that claimed she will never play with a guy with her penny confessed to me that her ex-boyfriend is oweing her 1.9million after they broke up.

Follow your heart. If he is worth it, u know.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by maxygirl(f): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
I am just not cool with it. So na by cooking and washing person go marry? What of people that have done it and the boy still dumped them-she did it for a boy before. I do things that make me happy. I can still wash and clean but that is Once in a long time.

Idowuogbo:
Abeg make I hia word joor! If una marry sef u no go wash and clean. Na ur way!
chikeorji123:

l have a lady who follow this ur pattern before she knows jack & robinson someone else have comfortably taken over which is far better than her..come see crying & forwarding,well l have to pick one of them which is the current one.. coming to her house ni..while a whole lot of them are praying in different churches asking Pastor to show them the house to go..Note:how can he knows u when you hardly been close?..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Dovahkiin(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
dammytosh:

My dear, God bless you. You don't enjoy a relationship through principle. There should be a place of you shifting ground and that is called love.

If you have this guy who can stake his life for you. Defends you. You know how unsafe you feel without him being around. there is a problem, all you need is just for your baby to say , "It is well." Tell me what is too much ?

Please don't follow all this anonymous users that scream God Forbid. I know their type. The last girl that claimed she will never play with a guy with her penny confessed to me that her ex-boyfriend is oweing her 1.9million after they broke up.

Follow your heart. If he is worth it, u know.

Its the truth , use ur eyes and brain and assess the guy for ur self , if the guy worth am , u no go see chores as anything
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
#

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

Man Gets Slapped After Proposing To Woman In Public (PHOTOS) / 7 Weird Things Men Find Attractive In Women / Mr Harri Best Marries His Guitar In Lagos State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.