Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely (13397 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by superior1: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

The bolded part got me laughing, bruv how do you identify who is lagosian? is fashola not from ibadan but his parents gave his birth in lagos? Now my question is how can someone who was born in lagos and who by birth is automatically a lagosian leave lagos? You guys need to stop swimming in tribalism.

If they are Lagosians as claimed, why bring tribal stuff into the LASG proposed move . You have to maintain one consistent view and stop bending facts to suit your biased arguement

2 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem: Still Afam hasn't justified why my post is hidden. My not been banned suggest that I commited no offence. No doubt, Afam is a bigot.

One of my post was hidden as well, so what gives?

I'm sure if you ask others or poll it, other posters have their hidden, what gives?
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Hardfact: 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's one of the reasons why i fault Fashola's style of doing things. he always takes the easy way out rather than tackling the issues from the root.
Sad. I dont a fu-ck what they say. With little signs of optimism Fashola displayed initially, he's turned almost 360 degree to destroy every hope the people have in him. I owe nobody any apology to consistently condemn wickedness manifest in whatever form. The fact that the masses are suffering while the govt has sweet comfort guaranteed whether they deliver or not is no joke!

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by GARRIx7(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Afam4eva: these traders should be made to pay a tax for the cleaning of these markets or it should be added to the tax that they already pay to the government.

.... When the tax is‎​ increased, your IGBO brothers will still cry that Fashola is‎​ trying to drive them from Lagos...

undecided
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
onitshaigbo:

What you said is true, but the problem is that there are many many markets that violate state laws. The state government however is only closing down those that are dominated by Igbos.
R u serious?? Where where you when Mile-12 and Ketu market were closed due to filth?? Or when Mushin Market was closed?? This is what happens when someone that lives in Onitsha gives you a report of what's going on in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

One of my post was hidden as well, so what gives?

I'm sure if you ask others or poll it, other posters have their hidden, what gives?

Demdem isn't the same as manny likewise our posts. Mine was loaded with truths and didn't derail, don't know about urs.
Urs may be justified but mine surely wasn't. Afam is a bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Sealeddeal(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
onitshaigbo:

What you said is true, but the problem is that there are many many markets that violate state laws. The state government however is only closing down those that are dominated by Igbos.
its very unfortunate that Igbos are being treated badly outside Igboland.the actions of lagosians and Lagos state govt are majorly targeted towards Igbos but i expect my brothers staying there to obey laws so that when they are treated badly,one can easily point it out. 'Onye ndi iro gbara gburu gburu,na-eche ndu ya nche mgbe niile'.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ikeyman00(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
@@@@@@@@

i think the infrastructure should be in place before going into closing the market

lagos state government could be a joke sometimes ooo

shocked

and by the way oga garri take am easy with the bitterness!

u go wound ooo! shocked

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by OAM4J: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem: Still Afam hasn't justified why my post is hidden. My not been banned suggest that I commited no offence. No doubt, Afam is a bigot.

You called the poster you were responding to a fool before making your point. I have edited your post removing the insult and its now visible. Please lets try and be civil even when we disagree with each other.

Thanks.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by seunajia: 2:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

My friend, use your glasses this time and READ AGAIN.

He said he doesn't know of any market that isn't dirty, in that case 90% of all market should be closed, including ketu and mile 12 and every other market in several cities till it has achieved the 90% passmark, understand the English?

Geez, yall read meaning into nothing.

English man, I don't still understand o, you'll do well to explain again.

And while at it, please explain away the sudden disappearance of that his first post, where I quoted it in my reply to him, and his subsequent other posts in reply to me--since "fixing it" is your stock in trade.

OAM4J:

You called the poster you were responding to a fool before making your point. I have edited your post removing the insult and its now visible. Please lets try and be civil even when we disagree with each other.

Thanks.

Thanks. ^^This explains why my posts are now as I posted them cool
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Demdem isn't the same as manny likewise our posts. Mine was loaded with truths and didn't derail, don't know about urs.
Urs may be justified but mine surely wasn't. Afam is a bigot.

You're right about us not being the same, obviously mine wasn't filled with insults but with truth as well. I quoted someone, and perhaps, I guess it was hidden.

Anyway, the beauty of freedom of expression at its very best is the ability to speak your mind with fear of persecution. Afam may be a bigot to you, but to many he isn't. Just like the other mod who was quite disrespectful, does it make him a bigot, NO.... Anyway, you're entitled to your campaign.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
This shutting down is long over-due. I remember someone posted pics of Ladipo market once on NL and a lot of people were quick to start pointing fingers at how dirty Lagos is. Now LASG is about to take decisive measures and some people are still complaining. Frankly, filth is not the only problem there but criminal traders are also plentiful there. The population has to be reduced there to give the market a saner face. We are past year 2000 and heading towards year 3000 and some people still want to defend backwardness, force is the main Language a lot of Nigerians understand. If you don't treat them like animals, they'll never learn.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks.

Calling you a level-headed Mod is just saying the obvious...
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

I bet he'll close it down, an open market that controls the entire economy of Lagos, perhaps if he does, he will tell me all them taxes and fees he's collecting, where he will get them from.

More reasons why Fashola should not even be allowed to come near presidency because his thinking is just straightforward. You don't solve issues like that, you explore ALL possible options, and closing down a market because it's dirty is the one of the most stupid reasons I've heard.

I've always said this, and this is not about Igbos ONLY, but others as well, LAGOS is gradually becoming business unfriendly. People need to start looking for other alternatives, whether it's Ladipo or mile 12 or Ketu or whichever, it's WRONG.

Only his kins men will not see the the gangstar SAN lack qualities to make a nation great.The part is 100% true.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
seunajia:

English man, I don't still understand o, you'll do well to explain again.

And while at it, please explain away the sudden disappearance of that his first post, where I quoted it in my reply to him, and his subsequent other posts in reply to me--since "fixing it" is your stock in trade.

Explain what? When you put on your reading glasses, then I will dissect words by words for you to understand, till then, it's a futile attempt.

What's my business about him quoting you? If you have issues with the "fixing" of the post, ask him. What concerned me is you stated he's statement was hateful and bigoted and he should be an ambassador and I stated it wasn't but a comment that doesn't reflect any tribal sentiments...

Fixing is our stock in trade? It will do you well if you're to avoid calling names, I'm trying to be respectful on here, please refrain from sarcastic comments.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Another post hidden. I take that in good faith grin
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks.

OAM4J, It is kind of you to explain to him if possible try to use yoruba language since that is the best way he will understand that argument does not mean you have to be abusive before making your points.

I only quote him just to remind him of his stance which appeared to me as pretending.

Anyway AFAM is vindicated if not they all will tag him of ethnic agenda like our immigration madam and Ihejirika.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by confusion247(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nobody should be surprised when you see people view things from tribal angle. The name One Nigeria is a evidence that we are far from being one. Have you ever heard one south Africa, one USA, one Ghana? Nigeria is not one and cam never be.
@topic....government should think twice before closing the market and the traders should comply with the environmental laws to avoid the looming calamity.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

You're right about us not being the same, obviously mine wasn't filled with insults but with truth as well. I quoted someone, and perhaps, I guess it was hidden.

Anyway, the beauty of freedom of expression at its very best is the ability to speak your mind with fear of persecution. Afam may be a bigot to you, but to many he isn't. Just like the other mod who was quite disrespectful, does it make him a bigot, NO.... Anyway, you're entitled to your campaign.

Abegii spare me ur rants. Because urs was hidden doesn't justify mine. Leave it at that. I called him a fool because he has always been one. No apology for that.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by savanto: 2:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
I want to be very objective here. Several times in the past, the Lagos State government had always threatened to shut down, and had indeed shut down at several times the market.

The traders in a bid to remain gainfully employed had to come together through their various Unions and agree on a certain amount of money which they will use in SETTLING the state government. This amounts to several millions of naira.

After this SETTLEMENT, the market would be re-opened for business once again. Something is indeed wrong in the entire system. Government should allocate a land to them for their trade outskirts of the city, and if they have already done this and the traders refused to move, the government should enforce the law through its security operatives in the state. There is absolutely no way that you can do such business of greese that the environment would look clean especially when you have illiterates and semi-illiterates whose population out weighs that of the few educated ones. It is not about ethnic cleansing please.

My 3 cents.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: This shutting down is long over-due. I remember someone posted pics of Ladipo market once on NL and a lot of people were quick to start pointing fingers at how dirty Lagos is. Now LASG is about to take decisive measures and some people are still complaining. Frankly, filth is not the only problem there but criminal traders are also plentiful there. The population has to be reduced there to give the market a saner face. We are past year 2000 and heading towards year 3000 and some people still want to defend backwardness, force is the main Language a lot of Nigerians understand. If you don't treat them like animals, they'll never learn.

Reading your post and shaking my head because i am sure you are from one thick village where civilization is seen as brutal approach, please leave that village and visit some civilized worlds and see how they handle a situation like that. Fashola is clueless and wasteful than any government i know.

Destroy all the market and who loose more?

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Abegii spare me ur rants. Because urs was hidden doesn't justify mine. Leave it at that. I called him a fool because he has always been one. No apology for that.

Exactly!

I guess your campaign all these while was indeed rants? undecided undecided undecided

At least you called him a fool, I did not insult anyone so you're right, yours had justification... No apology for that either. Advise, before you go on a smear campaign, look at yourself.... Leave it at that, peace.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks.

I av always been calling him that with no qualms and I guess its generally accepted, afterall his posts sugests such always. Why should this post be an exception undecided
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by seunajia: 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

Explain what? When you put on your reading glasses, then I will dissect words by words for you to understand, till then, it's a futile attempt.

What's my business about him quoting you? If you have issues with the "fixing" of the post, ask him. What concerned me is you stated he's statement was hateful and bigoted and he should be an ambassador and I stated it wasn't but a comment that doesn't reflect any tribal sentiments...

Fixing is our stock in trade? It will do you well if you're to avoid calling names, I'm trying to be respectful on here, please refrain from sarcastic comments.

That's it. Jab for jab. Subtle insult for subtle insult.

Anyway, the other MOD has restored it.

For whatever it's worth, you are an otherwise level headed poster. So go well nnwannem.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

Exactly!

I guess your campaign all these while was indeed rants? undecided undecided undecided

At least you called him a fool, I did not insult anyone so you're right, yours had justification... No apology for that either. Advise, before you go on a smear campaign, look at yourself.... Leave it at that, peace.

Crap. I called someone by his name and u are here talking rubbish. U really need to put ur brain to work. What smear campaign are u involved with.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by JuniorSali: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=geeez]Lagos State Government has said it will shut Ladipo Market in Mushin Local Government indefinitely because of the degradation of the environment by the traders.

Commissioner for the Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello, said on Tuesday that arrangement had been concluded for the closure.

He said the government was concerned about the environmental nuisance always created by spare parts dealers in the market.

Bello spoke during an inspection tour of drainage projects across the state in preparation for the 2013 rainy season.

The commissioner, who was accompanied by the Chairman of the state Task Force on Environment and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit, Bayo Sulaimon, said the government would not continue to fold its arm and watch the environment being degraded by dealers.

Bello said, “In Ladipo Market, the traders have taken over the road, carrying out commercial activities and dumping refuse indiscriminately in the drainage channels.

“You can see what they have turned this market into. You can see the environmental nuisance created by the spare parts dealers. Government is not going to allow this.

“Any moment from now, we are going to seal off the market indefinitely, if they do not comply with the state environmental law.”

He also said structures built on drainage channels would soon be demolished, assuring residents of Mushin of early completion of all ongoing projects to reduce floods in the area.

Other projects inspected are Fakuro/Fagbnro downstream, proposed construction of the mid-stream of Fagbenro/Takuro/Ewunni/Paul Okunola/Mushin Itire collector drain; Eleja Primary School drain, and rehabilitation project of System 6c in Abeokuta Street.

Na wash. Wetin dem be dey do there before. These government officers dey talk too much.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem: The issue at stake goes beyond a clean market but the inability of the occupiers of this market to obey basic enviromental laws which are being implemented in other markets. Defaulting markets before now has been sanctioned and closed down so why should this be an exception?

Again kudos to Fashola and I hope this will be extended to all markets in lagos.
Amaechi is doing something similar here in oil mill market in ph, no one is talking about igbo cleansing oooo.

Back to topic.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Crap. I called someone by his name and u are here talking rubbish. U really need to put ur brain to work. What smear campaign are u involved with.

Exactly! Just like you call retardeen, you call someone by his name "FOOL" abi? Now that you've seen your wrong and hidden comment was justified, who was the bigger fool between you both?

How do you throw the first punch and then call him bigot, coward, etc... Go back between the last two pages.. Abeg, while my brain is yet to be put to work, I think you need to relax yours. Information overload can damage the brain circuit thus making it causing breach...

I'm not and have NEVER been involved with any smear campaign. I have no time for such bullshit. I call you out, call it quit and let it go... That's Manny, but unfortunately, Manny can't be others and vice versa.

Once more, leave it at that --- peace brother

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

Exactly! Just like you call retardeen, you call someone by his name "FOOL" abi? Now that you've seen your wrong and hidden comment was justified, who was the bigger fool between you both?

How do you throw the first punch and then call him bigot, coward, etc... Go back between the last two pages.. Abeg, while my brain is yet to be put to work, I think you need to relax yours. Information overload can damage the brain circuit thus making it causing breach...

I'm not and have NEVER been involved with any smear campaign. I have no time for such bullshit. I call you out, call it quit and let it go... That's Manny, but unfortunately, Manny can't be others and vice versa.

Once more, leave it at that --- peace brother

If it was wrong, it will remain hidden. It isn't. Mod did the right thing by removing what he felt offensive and left the truth.

Afam has always been a bigot before he became mod. Infact on that basis he became one which made seun to stylishly edge jarus out. He isn't a bigot because of this thread, he has always been.

Rest of ur post irrelevant.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by sammhi(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
LASG officials are just thieves . period. they want to shut the market so they can grease their palms before re- opening.
is it the market people that will clear the drainage? what infrastructure is in place to ensure that the market is clean ?
i once visited that market and it is an eye sore. ...yet these people pay tax to Fasola and they receive nothing in return . the roads are terrible with blocked drains constructed ages ago.
i wish the ibos can just abandon the market and see who loose? they can go to neighboring Ogun state and get land for the spare part and they will fare better
i will advise the market union to sue Fasola if they close the market
this is pure cheating and oppression of the people. Ole ni Fasola and his cronies called officials

2 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
sammhi: LASG officials are just thieves . period. they want to shut the market so they can grease their palms before re- opening.
is it the market people that will clear the drainage? what infrastructure is in place to ensure that the market is clean ?
i once visited that market and it is an eye sore. ...yet these people pay tax to Fasola and they receive nothing in return . the roads are terrible with blocked drains constructed ages ago.
i wish the ibos can just abandon the market and see who loose? they can go to neighboring Ogun state and get land for the spare part and they will fare better
i will advise the market union to sue Fasola if they close the market
this is pure cheating and oppression of the people. Ole ni Fasola and his cronies called officials

What gives u the impression that if the traders move to ogun they will fare better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / Ibrahim Idris Visits Family Of Late Francis Bolaji Odesanya (Photos) / Firm Linked To Yari Deposited The Sum Of $90m Cash In 13 Tranches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.