Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely (13398 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by jaso1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
Some people here are bunch of fool. Lagos state govt. is obligated to ensure their environments comply with hygiene standard. However, any measure taken by the government shouldn’t be selfishly adjudged. The numbers of operators of this market can't be place ahead responsible and law abiding citizens of Lagos.
Why do people reason like pig? We are in rainy season already and if by any chance floods take over some area, you people are the one to first criticize and accuse condemn govt. of ineptitude. Why can’t you people use your senses efficiently?
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by adeoflagos: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
I can't imagine someone talking about Igbo this.... Igbo that. What does that got do do with the fact that the folks in this market are messing up the environment and other people's well-being.

2 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Keemhostquarter: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
Cleanliness is not about tribe but a general issue...Ketu nd Mile 12 market also exeprienced same treatment from the government so pls let us forget abt dis issue of d igbo's being singled out for dis exercise cos as adults we should know more about proper hygiene.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sensible posters are coming in now. I can now take my leave.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
High_Chief: I am disappointed with Fashola, how could he even think of closing the market because it is dirty. A reasonable government should employ some CLEANING COMPANIES that will be cleaning up the area and have those people at the market to pay. This will not only keep the market clean, but will also create employment for people. That is a very daft decision and should not be applauded. Nigerian leaders always looking for easy ways

The last time Fashola told sellers in Ladipo to pay for registration didnt your brothers come here claiming he wanted to send them out of Lagos?

Nothing one can do to satisfy you ppl
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Reading your post and shaking my head because i am sure you are from one thick village where civilization is seen as brutal approach, please leave that village and visit some civilized worlds and see how they handle a situation like that. Fashola is clueless and wasteful than any government i know.

Destroy all the market and who loose more?
Naahh....U don't get me. A lot of Nigerians don't act civillized and don't want to. You need harsh measures to knock sense into their heads. Sanity must return to Lagos. If you can encourage all this in your resident state, no problem....but we aint having it in Lagos. If you can't handle it....there are luxurious buses aplenty in Ojota and Jibowu.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: Naahh....U don't get me. A lot of Nigerians don't act civillized and don't want to. You need harsh measures to knock sense into their heads. Sanity must return to Lagos. If you can encourage all this in your resident state, no problem....but we aint having it in Lagos. If you can't handle it....there are luxurious buses aplenty in Ojota and Jibowu.

My friend i am gonna ask you a hard question and be candid in your answer. Please table what you as a person has done to grow lagos or how you have contributed to make lagos state to stand?

Don't come back here running around instead of answering this question.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

If it was wrong, it will remain hidden. It isn't. Mod did the right thing by removing what he felt offensive and left the truth.

Afam has always been a bigot before he became mod. Infact on that basis he became one which made seun to stylishly edge jarus out. He isn't a bigot because of this thread, he has always been.

Rest of ur post irrelevant.

Well, your opinion stands for yourself and you're entitled to it, remember for every accusing finger to someone, four others is pointing back at you.

Yeah it's all irrelevant - I'm used to the tantrums anyway...
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My friend i am gonna ask you a hard question and be candid in your answer. Please table what you as a person has done to grow lagos or how you have contributed to make lagos state to stand?

Don't come back here running around instead of answering this question.
I pay my tax....I keep my environment clean....I'v submitted proposals related to my field which can aid LASG.....I obey LASG rules and regulations....I once told a stranger to stop littering his trash on the street (he was surprised but he got the message that some Lagosians now care about their environment)...look, I'm from Lagos Island and i know how nice it was b4 it was over-run by Igbo spare-part traders. I grew up in Festac Town and it was also very calm, neat and beautiful....b4 it was over-run by Igbo indegenes. I have nothing against them but some of them have a way of over-running and swamping an environment without regards. I'm not pleased b'cos i know how Lagos used to be and i would support anything that will restore sanity.

3 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Desola(f): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sad thing is that it is just a warning and not an order of closure.

How I wish it was the latter!
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
adeoflagos: I can't imagine someone talking about Igbo this.... Igbo that. What does that got do do with the fact that the folks in this market are messing up the environment and other people's well-being. Let me share an experience with you. I visited Nija recently and was at a spare parts market (Berger, Apapa). "Man" .... that place to me is the most dirtiest place on earth. In fact I could not stop talking about the place to some of my friends, adding that a little bit of open flame will make the place comparable to Hell. I just went to the place to buy some materials, and the following day I started having chest pain. I knew that was going to happen because there was a lot of dark dust in the air. Engine oil every where, on land and in the drainage which eventually end up in the Lagos Lagoon. Do you know why that dirty place in front of the National Theater look that way?. Wastes all over the place. That experience make me to think that "how could human beings choose to live like this". Cleanliness is godliness as they say. I believe our environment is an expression of our state of mind, and that's why everything in Nija seem to be messed up. Simply because a majority of people cannot think right anymore. A lot of these markets need to be temporarily closed down just to get the marketers back to their senses. I also believe that the government should also share part of the blame because sometime people require help to get organized in other to be able to do certain things and that is where government should come in.

@ The first bolded, temporarily closed is in order if the marketers are responsible to do the sanitation but failed to do it.But if the marketers are paying to Government contractors who mandate is to do the sanitation of the market, don't you think Government is unjust to these people by threatening to close their market? My dear let me inform you every of these shop owners pays their sanitation fees every last friday of the month.

The second bolded is in order because you analyzed it perfectly like someone who live or has been traveling to civilized countries.

Somehow i find it hard to believe that fashola truly graduated from law school talk of been a SAN.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

Well, your opinion stands for yourself and you're entitled to it, remember for every accusing finger to someone, four others is pointing back at you.

Yeah it's all irrelevant - I'm used to the tantrums anyway...

Not when u are pointing the whole 10fingers. Afam is a bigot. Deal with that. Besides, Wettin consign u for this matter sef?
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: I pay my tax....I keep my environment clean....I'v submitted proposals related to my field which can aid LASG.....I obey LASG rules and regulations....I once told a stranger to stop littering his trash on the street (he was surprised but he got the message that some Lagosians now care about their environment)...look, I'm from Lagos Island and i know how nice it was b4 it was over-run by Igbo spare-part traders. I grew up in Festac Town and it was also very calm, neat and beautiful....b4 it was over-run by Igbo indegenes. I have nothing against them but a lot of them have a way of over-running and swamping an environment without regards. I'm not pleased b'cos i know how Lagos used to be and i would support anything that will restore sanity.

*applause*

Best part for me is u obeying rules and regulations. How I wish all are like that.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

*applause*

Best part for me is u obeying rules and regulations. How I wish all are like that.
He must have thought i was dropping my points based on warped sense of reasoning. A lot of posters on NL argue based on sentiments and ethnic affiliation but fail to realize that not all people think that way. I know genuine people that argue based on passion and facts. People like that aint many.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: I pay my tax....I keep my environment clean....I'v submitted proposals related to my field which can aid LASG.....I obey LASG rules and regulations....I once told a stranger to stop littering his trash on the street (he was surprised but he got the message that some Lagosians now care about their environment)...look, I'm from Lagos Island and i know how nice it was b4 it was over-run by Igbo spare-part traders. I grew up in Festac Town and it was also very calm, neat and beautiful....b4 it was over-run by Igbo indegenes. I have nothing against them but a lot of them have a way of over-running and swamping an environment without regards. I'm not pleased b'cos i know how Lagos used to be and i would support anything that will restore sanity.

Every Nigerian nawadays claim to be a tax payer and it so awful and knock on ears to believe all these trash. This is the same Nigeria i know that no one has accurate tax record, even a civil servant who's salary is paid by Govt find one way or the other to invade tax paying.

Dear friend only business men in Nigeria states pay dues and contribute highest part in developing the state. So go tell this your moon light story to small boys not someone like me, if care not taking you have no job presently or still a student but here you are claiming all you are not.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Desola(f): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
OAM4J:

You called the poster you were responding to a fool before making your point. I have edited your post removing the insult and its now visible. Please lets try and be civil even when we disagree with each other.

Thanks.

You and afam can only try to be JARUS but you will never be anything close.

Photocopy ko easy.

Keep banning people for tribal slurs and leave the actual perpetrators.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: He must have thought i was dropping my points based on warped sense of reasoning. A lot of posters on NL argue based on sentiments and ethnic affiliation but fail to realize that not all people think that way. I know genuine people that argue based on passion and facts. People like that aint many.

You made no point here, this is online faceless forum for that matter, so you can go on and lie as it suits you but believe me i had expected you to respond the way you did which i am not surprise.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by ba7man(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Every Nigerian nawadays claim to be a tax payer and it so awful and knock on ears to believe all these trash. This is the same Nigeria i know that no one has accurate tax record, even a civil servant who's salary is paid by Govt find one way or the other to invade tax paying.

Dear friend only business men in Nigeria states pay dues and contribute highest part in developing the state. So go tell this your moon light story to small boys not someone like me, if care not taking you have no job presently or still a student but here you are claiming all you are not.
You see....you no longer have anything to say but doubt. You think I'm like your brothers that don't pay tax?? How do you think i registered my company without paying tax?? Or you think everyone is a Spare-part trader??
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by seanet01: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Desola:

Photocopy ko easy.

Rubbish!
Iwo Omo yi, Ibo lo wa lati jo yi?
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by tomakint: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Desola:

Photocopy ko easy.

Rubbish!
there must always be a 'tribal colouration' to what you have to spew out! Chai, ta lo so e da bayi, quit being a bigot for once in your life, this is a new year oooo cool

2 Likes

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Because u are what u have just described up here doesn't make every other person that includes the poster u qouted the same.
I also pay my tax as at when due and proud to say such.
Tax thief repent.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

At bold you mean evade?

Technically there is nothing criminal about tax avoidance...but it's crime to evade tax..that is tax-evasion.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Not when u are pointing the whole 10fingers. Afam is a bigot. Deal with that. Besides, Wettin consign u for this matter sef?

Afam is a bigot because Demdem (of no economic, political, financial weight) said so? LOL, you really must be taking yourself so seriously... cheesy cheesy grin

Everything concerns me, from the head to the tail, again quit pointing fingers else four other point right back at you.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
Table Leg :

And what are the implications? 
You sound like you are going to do something major about it .... Who are you?!
Shutting down the market go cause more hardship 4 the Yoruba area boys wey dey sell ticket der.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

You made no point here, this is online faceless forum for that matter, so you can go on and lie as it suits you but believe me i had expected you to respond the way you did which i am not surprise.

Tax thief, aren't u just ashamed of ursef. Criminals like u gnash their teeth in jails in developed countries.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Haha, every tom, dicck and harry pays taxes, asked how they pay and file their taxes, no one knows. Yet, Lagos with 16million people with at least 50% of the population engaged in work or service, and Lagos still have to borrow and still looks up to the derivation share formula... YET it collects taxes from people like him...smh
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

Afam is a bigot because Demdem (of no economic, political, financial weight) said so? LOL, you really must be taking yourself so seriously... cheesy cheesy grin

Everything concerns me, from the head to the tail, again quit pointing fingers else four other point right back at you.

Rubbish. Google Afam is a bigot nairaland and see the numerous that agrees. not only demdem. Besides what value do u bring in ursef? None.
No yawa, continue to carry ur bigots palaver for head. It's a free world.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: You see....you no longer have anything to say but doubt. You think I'm like your brothers that don't pay tax?? How do you think i registered my company without paying tax?? Or you think everyone is a Spare-part trader??

Excellent response. He thinks all are like him, tax thieves.
Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by EkoIle1: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
The way the same people fight progress, fight rules and regulations and common cleanliness, its quiet obvious that they are improper and can not be part of any sane and progressive society.

Their way of life and backward mentality can not even allow them to see the difference between right and wrong.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: You see....you no longer have anything to say but doubt.

Yes because recently especially on Nairaland every Nigerian seem to be a tax payer and that sound hilarious lol.

Can we do a confidential deal? i don't care how dangerous this risky deal may amount for me in future but i will like to use you as example here.

Can you send me a copy of your last tax payment receipt? i am ready to send you list of my personal belongings which i pay taxes and other fee for in Nigeria states. Mind you i am talking about sending you vital documents with verifiable address around Lagos and other Nigeria states except northern Nigeria where i am not bold enough to venture. Drop your id i will drop my id too if you are ready, at least let put lies and chest beating into rest on Nairaland especially politics section.

Waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by manny4life(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Rubbish. Google Afam is a bigot nairaland and see the numerous that agrees. not only demdem. Besides what value do u bring in ursef? None.
No yawa, continue to carry ur bigots palaver for head. It's a free world.

Just like how Google produces "Yorubas are "dirxx", ug"xx", or "the problem with Nigeria" and Igbos are "ligxx skin, hated, etc"? You mean the majority agrees right? Oh ok, no problem, I guess I agree with Google then...haha grin grin

Just like you carry our problem on your head.... Haha, no need to carry it on my head, my mouth is doing the talking... it's indeed a wonderful free world explore its goodness.

1 Like

Re: Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely by 9jaIhail(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Demdem:

Tax thief, aren't u just ashamed of ursef. Criminals like u gnash their teeth in jails in developed countries.

I have no time to quote you anymore hence i find out your level of reasoning and comprehension is below what i can tolerate or handle.

No wonder MODS bent on banning a whining bigot like you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers / Photo Of The Quadruplet Delivered By Rachael Dickson, Governor Dickson's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.