Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,953 members, 7,810,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54957 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by homosapien(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2013
Is it a must that every Nigeria lady must marry. The issue of marraige. Abeg all dis marraige palavar dey bore person jare

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by igbonla(m): 10:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Miss Ope: Another Major reason dat is responsible for high level of 30+ single ladies in Nigeria is this - CURSE/ BEING UNLUCKY
I have a friend who's been decent right from teens ,she was always openminded and cheerful amongst other qualities... But the issue is she rarely gets a guy to ask her out...talkless of talking of marriage ...how can such a girl deal with dis fatal issue?

That's your assessment, she may have attributes that no guy wants to deal with.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Mar 02, 2013
MOELLIOTT: Long one - but no short way of saying it! It is not an issue peculiar to Nigeria. It is worldwide.

I haven't read all the thread, but I read one that said something about family and home training. It is not exclusively so and more a misconception. There are now many many decent, well raised, "untouched" ladies who are still single.

A few points to note - the population/demography is such that more women than men are born. Men are increasingly marrying much later in life, which implies more women are going to be left waiting. When the man in his early 30's finally decides to marry, he is likely to go for a woman in her mid to late 20's. This means he has passed or reached down, leaving an age band in between. Conversely, if a man were marrying in his mid 20's, he'll most likely marry someone only a few years younger. If he were marrying in his 30's, the scope he can chose from becomes wider - for some anything from 20-30 years - implying he has more women to pick from. For the woman, it means even "mathematically" the probabilities are stacked higher against her.

For as long as more women are being born, and men delay marrying it would continue to remain a challenge.

One mature matching website said for every man they have, they have over 10 women. For age 40's, the statistics are even worse than 30's. Women generally outlive men, so right into later life, there would be more single women either never married, divorced, widowed, etc!

This issue of female singlehood can be less an issue in societies were polygamy and female infanticide (killing of female children or foetuses)is practised.

Is there a general solution? Maybe not. Except the gender imbalance is redressed through more male/less female childen being born. If that were to happen, it still takes a few decades for the new births to grow too. So realistically, not an immediate answer. But on an individual basis, one can seek to encourage young women to marry earlier than male counterparts, so they don't find the pool of men they can chose from is less in size. For the older ones who are still hopeful, be realistic and review your criteria. There is less and less to pick from.

Wrong!

There are more males than females at birth and at first marriage age-range (18 to 40).

12 inches!:

Even Tiwa savage as pretty as she must have been when she was younger, age is beginning to tell on her face. I always new the babe was quite old despite the make up and hip dressing. It's not about the make up and dressing. There just exist a perceived awareness that he lady in question is passing a prime stage. I can't explain it.

Although I disagree, that is by the way, so wetin you want make she do about face? grin

The girl is doing what a girl gotta do by retaining nice figure and she is desirably sassy.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by victorian(f): 10:39am On Mar 02, 2013
9lifes:

Naija men are saints and angels..they are talking as if they don't have mothers and sisters.So much bitterness in this thread,and they will still end up with Naija babes,even the ones living outside naija.

I dont mind if a woman wants to marry me because of my wealth,but she must definitely meet my own expectations..who wants to marry a liability anyways.

If she is nice they expect her to put up with cheating,if she is a virgin,she is not experience enof to satisfy me in bed-he now has a concrete reason to cheat.If she cheats all hell breaks loose because she is a woman..for men it is normal.If you marry a poor man you were desperate because of age,and If you marry a rich guy you were desperate because of his wealth,all this wahala na for woman wey from Nigeria-and the useless list goes on and on.

Guys please,this generalization is dangerous,whether we admit or not it's affecting our psych and the way we see naija women,and with this behavior even when you see an angel you may never recognized her-in most cases these complainers almost always end up with the wrong women.

If you want a perfect partner make sure you are one,and if you are one and you were cheated on, move on and stop being bitter-men cheat,women cheat,its a normal thing.the economy is bad,it is a NATURAL THING to look for the best option or partner,its written all over nature,nobody wants to marry someone with no prospect,sorry its painful,but failure has no friend,that's the bitter truth,naija men learn to live with that,its natural.

GOD BLESS YOU...... What have noticed in this thread, simply shows the men saying all these bad words, are :
Bitter about their own single status, cause they can't afford to take care of themselves , talkless of a home and are already clocking 35!
They are Frustrated, so they heap blame onto the women.
Extremely envious cause Women are doing well in their chosen fields of career
The lists goes on..
Bicker for all we care... God is the author of our destiny... No man, I mean no man, no matter how bitter and lazy he is, can stop women from 30+ in getting married.. Right now, am in a church cathedral in attendance to , a big wedding of one of my female frnds, age 35, getting married to a 38yrs successful guy, who resides abroad but came home to marry.. Haters Eat Yur heart out!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: marriage is useless, a woman/wife won't add anything good to my life.
Like I said I washed my hands.
@ Deols seriously why did u ban me? Hiding my posts wasn't enough?

Most modern day women in the UK add nothing to your life, don't know how to add something to your life and don't aim to add something to your life.

They think you should add something to their life just because they are a woman. They think that is some sacred value especially when they have kids.

The press here has deceived them about their value to a man.

Then you hear some cretins (including mugu real men) say she should take all your money because she married you and had kids for you.

SniperInADiaper:

To help men cos men suck on their own. angry

But the men don't want you.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On Mar 02, 2013
paul_khalifa:
But you can't blame them too no one will see a man with a range rover and marry someone with a bicycle think about it

Fair enough.

As long as you are willing to bare both the risk and reward and not blame other people if your strategy does not achieve you goal.

CAMEROONPRIDE: one cause: NIGERIAN WAY OF LIFE. MATERIALISM , YOUR MATERIALISTIC SOCIETY IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THAT undecided

That is good.

We need to control the population anyway. If some women reach menopause without getting a chance to have many kids, the better for the population explosion we face.

Although our rabbit-producing northern citizens have to be controlled too.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 10:57am On Mar 02, 2013
[size=18pt]The answer is very simple.
There is a high level of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria, because majority of Nigerian single men are not eligible bachelors.
Many of my married ex-girlfriends complain of boredom and lack of ambition of their husbands.
Majority of Nigerian men have nothing much to offer Nigerian women.
You see millions of Nigerian men who cannot even afford three square meals getting married to girls and women they cannot take care of.
Majority of married couples in Nigeria live in the slums where they breed like dogs when they are not even qualified to start families, because they don't have the means for modern parenting.
These are the worst liabilities of the Nigerian society.
Even the Niger Delta militants, Igbo kidnappers and Boko Haram terrorists are products of dysfunctional families caused by poor breeding and poor parenting, because no well bred person will become an armed robber, kidnapper or terrorist. Majority of the antisocial lunatic fringe and criminals causing insecurity in our society today were ill-bred children who hate the society.

Single women should never marry men who cannot make ends meet and measure up to the standards of decent welfare in the 21st century.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:01am On Mar 02, 2013
Miss Ope: Another Major reason dat is responsible for high level of 30+ single ladies in Nigeria is this - CURSE/ BEING UNLUCKY
I have a friend who's been decent right from teens ,she was always openminded and cheerful amongst other qualities... But the issue is she rarely gets a guy to ask her out...talkless of talking of marriage ...how can such a girl deal with dis fatal issue?

Stop telling us about your ugly friends.

Men don't go for character alone, that is why no man asks her out.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2013
9lifes:

Naija men are saints and angels..they are talking as if they don't have mothers and sisters.So much bitterness in this thread,and they will still end up with Naija babes,even the ones living outside naija.

I dont mind if a woman wants to marry me because of my wealth,but she must definitely meet my own expectations..who wants to marry a liability anyways.

If she is nice they expect her to put up with cheating,if she is a virgin,she is not experience enof to satisfy me in bed-he now has a concrete reason to cheat.If she cheats all hell breaks loose because she is a woman..for men it is normal.If you marry a poor man you were desperate because of age,and If you marry a rich guy you were desperate because of his wealth,all this wahala na for woman wey from Nigeria-and the useless list goes on and on.

Guys please,this generalization is dangerous,whether we admit or not it's affecting our psych and the way we see naija women,and with this behavior even when you see an angel you may never recognized her-in most cases these complainers almost always end up with the wrong women.

If you want a perfect partner make sure you are one,and if you are one and you were cheated on, move on and stop being bitter-men cheat,women cheat,its a normal thing.the economy is bad,it is a NATURAL THING to look for the best option or partner,its written all over nature,nobody wants to marry someone with no prospect,sorry its painful,but failure has no friend,that's the bitter truth,naija men learn to live with that,its natural.

Are Naija men complaining to you about their life?

Why your rants?

Who needs to learn to live with what is natural?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2013
victorian:
GOD BLESS YOU...... What have noticed in this thread, simply shows the men saying all these bad words, are :
Bitter about their own single status, cause they can't afford to take care of themselves , talkless of a home and are already clocking 35!
They are Frustrated, so they heap blame onto the women.
Extremely envious cause Women are doing well in their chosen fields of career
The lists goes on..
Bicker for all we care... God is the author of our destiny... No man, I mean no man, no matter how bitter and lazy he is, can stop women from 30+ in getting married.. Right now, am in a church cathedral in attendance to , a big wedding of one of my female frnds, age 35, getting married to a 38yrs successful guy, who resides abroad but came home to marry.. Haters Eat Yur heart out!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is so funny when the paradox of desire in it is considered.

Someone is ridiculing the freely-acquired and desired status choice of people she is praying to God to desire her and help her be happy by choosing to change this freely-acquired and desired status. While at the same time celebrating the achievement of an acquaintance who has achieved success in changing this freely-acquired and desired status. grin grin grin

Women and illogical assertions are like twins. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 02, 2013
the major cause is economy. At official 30 (i say 'official' becos, many of the guys who tell you they are 30 are almost 40 already likewise the women), many guys cannot feed themselves. We cant live in a decent apartment. This leaves so many women unmarried
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by otipoju(m): 11:39am On Mar 02, 2013
try69: 1. I'd blame Nollywood like seriously.. All the poor guys in nollywood movies only stay poor for a short while and upon making it owns a mansion with SUV's parked all over his compound and you think movies don't affect the way the average viewer thinks? - most dem girls be waiting on "Nollywood" husbands.

2. Religion and "neighbours will say" syndrome: A society where the mentality is that a young lady's going to a club is sin and only for the "ashawos" or staying with a guy you're not married to will give her bad name from neighbours she obviously has no ties with or where the only place she goes to apart from her workplace is Church will always cut avenues for meeting that special man..

3. More 9ja women believe marriage ends in the kitchen so instead of engaging themselves, are waiting on the rich dude to come pick them up forgetting that men these days seek co-facilitators and not parasites.

4. Many ladies fail to build friendship from young age forgetting that the same poor guy in the uni is that future CEO..I have always siad if I'm a lady, I would date a sharp and intelligent boy not minding his social status and make sure that's my jurisdiction - men don't just dump long term relationships, go ask tu-face.

I would stop here *yawns*
Off all the posts if seen here I think you have painted a a more accurate picture of the situiation. When I was in school, I approached a pretty babe in my hood who told me point blank she only dates employed guys who have cash to spend. 8 years after, we ran into each other, invited her to my crib, she was impressed and when she saw my I'd card she began to talk about marriage. I said why not after all it was her rejection that inspired me to develop myself. At this point She was unemployed and did not go to the University. I gave her just one shot and did not bother to call her again.months after she called with so much pain in her voice accusing me of using and dumping her.Not wanting to hurt her feelings I did not tell her I can't marry a parasite. Men always want to believe that they are worthy of love because of their intrinsic qualities as a person and not the wealth they have amassed. Make a man feel loved when he is struggling with your words and deeds and you will influence him forever. If I were a lady, ill choose an ambitious growing man and inspire him to become his best. 99 percent of the time they always appreciate except while he was struggling to find his feet,although you dint leave him,you made him feel little with your words and actions or were sleeping around.In that case when he is made and you start loving up,his natural instinct is to send you away or marry another wife or date other women without caring how you feel. As you lay your bed , so you lie on it.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2013
otipoju: Off all the posts if seen here I think you have painted a a more accurate picture of the situiation. When I was in school, I approached a pretty babe in my hood who told me point blank she only dates employed guys who have cash to spend. 8 years after, we ran into each other, invited her to my crib, she was impressed and when she saw my I'd card she began to talk about marriage. I said why not after all it was her rejection that inspired me to develop myself. At this point She was unemployed and did not go to the University. I gave her just one shot and did not bother to call her again. months after she called with so much pain in her voice accusing me of using and dumping her.Not wanting to hurt her feelings I did not tell her I can't marry a parasite. Men always want to believe that they are worthy of love because of their intrinsic qualities as a person and not the wealth they have amassed. Make a man feel loved when he is struggling with your words and deeds and you will influence him forever. If I were a lady, ill choose an ambitious growing man and inspire him to become his best. 99 percent of the time they always appreciate except while he was struggling to find his feet,although you dint leave him,you made him feel little with your words and actions or were sleeping around.In that case when he is made and you start loving up,his natural instinct is to send you away or marry another wife or date other women without caring how you feel. As you lay your bed , so you lie on it.

You head is correct!

She made her choices freely when she had the power to make choices, you are entitled to make yours when you have the power to make choices.

Some person "real men" would say you used her and she should be compensated, they would come with moronic rubbish she added to your life, even though she was aiming to use you. Those fucktards unfortunately have a right to vote.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Dahbutter(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
Most unmarried over 30 chicks from what I discovered have a built up romance fantasy in their heads based on years of reading dumb mills and boon, cosmo girl, stupid Naija love films and unrealistic chick flicks. I can almost predict the end of most chicks who are over engrossed in these nonsense, No Man will ever be as perfect as those fictitious characters they idolize.

If u r not yet 30 be smart and face reality but if u r over and u just realized this, u would have to settle 4 far less than what came your way years ago. Ladies are like flowers remember, having a short time to blossom and attract attention.

Even 4oyr old bachelors prefer women way under 30

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

You head is correct!

She made her choices freely when she had the power to make choices, you are entitled to make yours when you have the power to make choices.

Some person "real men" would say you used her and she should be compensated, they would come with moronic rubbish she added to your life, even though she was aiming to use you. Those fucktards unfortunately have a right to vote.

What sort of silly talk is that? You are still spreading that filty idea all over this forum? How does decisions one make over matters in life that aint related to politics decide whether he/she is eligible to vote
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
Blackteeth:
What sort of silly talk is that? You are still spreading that filty idea all over this forum? How does decisions one make over matters in life that aint related to politics decide whether he/she is eligible to vote

You did not ratiocinate that demonstrated ability to ratiocinate is critical and should be fundamental in being able to identify the best people to run (based on making decisions on highly complex issues) all aspects of life?

How would someone with limitations on making good judgement on simple and often singular issues be able to comprehend the complex and interlinked myriad of political issues and their social implications? How would they comprehend it and then be competent enough at selecting the right people to lead?

To you, it makes sense to send someone that can't pass primary school exams to go and do PhD, BLACKTEETH?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by segun688: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
There are so many over generalizations in people's posts. First things first. there are just about the same number of men that haven't settled down ( also over 30). Also, assuming that just because a lady isn't married at 30 is because she must be loose or over picky is ridiculous. I have a very good friend, she is lovely, sweet and humble, however, she isn't what you will call a stunner in the looks department. Due to this, men do not ask her out. she is over 30 now, will you say she is wayward? no. Marriage is also a very important decision that shouldn't be delved into due to "age". A single life is much better than a horrible marriage. As for ladies, please don't settle for abusive relationships...also, choose a partner you can work with, a partner you can grow with. Money will always come especially when there is prayer, love, support and understanding. Also, don't stop developing yourself....i have friends that got married at 35...and they are all very happy.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by zivility: 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
Education is one problem - d other is finance. some girls have good job, car live well and still cannot find love - why? they are looking for someone richer than them basically! to start with if a woman is that blessed n she needs a partner she should look at what she can do to get a husband - what sacrifice she can make - if a financially endowed lady is ready to support a man less endowed so far the love is there it is a good step. if you are looking for what everybody is looking for u have to think of what u can do for it that everybody can not do - create your advantage!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

You did not ratiocinate that demonstrated ability to ratiocinate is critical and should be fundamental in being able to identify the best people to run (based on making decisions on highly complex issues) all aspects of life?

How would someone with limitations on making good judgement on simple and often singular issues be able to comprehend the complex and interlinked myriad of political issues and their social implications? How would they comprehend it and then be competent enough at selecting the right people to lead?

To you, it makes sense to send someone that can't pass primary school exams to go and do PhD, BLACKTEETH?

You are totally wrong. So you think that because someone made 10 stupid decisions he can never get any decision right? Even the people who make the best judgments on various issues will still fail to get their vote right. The fact that someone was dumb in carrying out a certain task does not mean he is gonna be dumb in selecting the right person to lead and vice versa.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by intrepid: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
Decryptor: I couldn't help but notice that NL ladies are avoiding this thread like a plague
You dey look 4 wahala abi?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Summersland(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
It is thru beter husband scarce this day..Any lady above 30 yrs of age shld b transfer to KENYA
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
zivility: Education is one problem - d other is finance. some girls have good job, car live well and still cannot find love - why? they are looking for someone richer than them basically! to start with if a woman is that blessed n she needs a partner she should look at what she can do to get a husband - what sacrifice she can make - if a financially endowed lady is ready to support a man less endowed so far the love is there it is a good step. if you are looking for what everybody is looking for u have to think of what u can do for it that everybody can not do - create your advantage!

A typical woman, in her illogical mind, would say successful women "intimidate" or "scare" most men. grin

The fact there is that by the time a girl has good job, a car, lives well and becomes successful she would have aged a bit. Just like a guy would too.

Firstly, she herself, naturally and evolutionarily, would want to "marry up" (a guy that is more successful). That is normal and acceptable. Women are attracted to success just like we are attracted to nice boobbies. Nothing wrong with both. It is natural! She would want to marry someone more or at least equally successful and also someone that is older (girls tend to like guys older than them). So, by that time of success, she would rule out a lot of guys in Naija that are younger and/or unemployed graduates who are not yet successful, hence limiting her pool of men, as lack of success is the norm in Nigeria.

Secondly, the little pool she targets would on the other hand be less attracted to her because

a) Most successful girls are not hungry, hence they struggle with their weight as they can eat what the want and are too busy to work it off. So she is likely to be less aesthetically beautiful. Unlike all these lepa, flat-tummy poorer girls.

b) She would have already aged and there are fresher, nicer and more supple looking girls rolling out of production system who are more attractive. The successful guys can attract these girls, so why would they go for one that is already fading and would fade completely shortly after marriage.

c) These younger, more attractive girls like and want the successful guys and would make themselves available, approachable and agreeable to these guys. So she has keen, better endowed and more powerful competitors in the market she has selected and restricted herself to.

So, to summarise, she is effectively targeting a little pool populated by mostly men who have many options and would put her lower in preference list as they like good things too. And the good things like them.

So much for self-consolation use of words like "intimidated". undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by sirfemoz(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Oringo has taken over young girls.. Every girl, both matured and young wants to enjoy life to the fullest. Get good house, good ride, handsome husband, great children.. Nobody wants to suffer, unlike our mothers that stoops so low.. Have said it, I wonder what this our generation will be like when we all get old. Then you will be seeing old woman with tattoo all over her body.. May God save us all..
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
Blackteeth:
You are totally wrong. So you think that because someone made 10 stupid decisions he can never get any decision right? Even the people who make the best judgments on various issues will still fail to get their vote right. The fact that someone was dumb in carrying out a certain task does not mean he is gonna be dumb in selecting the right person to lead and vice versa.

Your fucktardism never fails me.

No 1, I never said people making several decisions wrong cannot make one decision right. Moorons throw stewpid strawmans.

No 2, if you are going to appoint someone to do an important job, if you have a brain, you select those with the best record and history of doing such. The more complex the job, the more emphasis on record and history. That is why you have things like job interviews.

No 3, you would be and incredibly moronic person to advocate that someone that has failed in conducting simple tasks, should be awarded the right to conduct far more complex tasks.

You don't tell someone who cannot build a bicycle to go and build a NASA spaceship (to take poor astronauts to space) just in case they might be able to do it.

In my world, people like you would not have a right to vote.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Most modern day women in the UK add nothing to your life, don't know how to add something to your life and don't aim to add something to your life.

They think you should add something to their life just because they are a woman. They think that is some sacred value especially when they have kids.

The press here has deceived them about their value to a man.

Then you hear some cretins (including mugu real men) say she should take all your money because she married you and had kids for you.

But the men don't want you.

Abeg, una tell me, I nor talk am? Ofcourse I talk am. So, much hate for homosex.uality but we can definitely confirm this black man loves it in the azz.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by fubbyy(m): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: ALL BULLSHYTTT. IF A LADY IS HOT ENOUGH, DOES NOT MATTER HOW BAD HER ATTITUDE IS OR HOW OLD SHE IS ( DIDNT HALLE BERRY AND JENNIFER ANNISTON GET MARRIED IN THEIR FORTIES ? ), SHE WILL ALWAYS FIND A MAN. YES I KNOW ITS UNFAIR BUT MEN ARE CARNAL BRUTE BEASTS. IF YOU ARE HOT, DOES NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET SUITORS. HOWEVER AFRICAN FOOD IS NOT GOOD ON A LADY SO MAYBE MANY AFRICAN LADIES AT 30 LOOK LIKE THE MICHELIN MAN HENCE WHY NO SUITORS grin grin grin HEY ITS A BRUTAL WORLD. YOU GOTTA SACRIFICE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL. DITCH THE AFRICAN FOOD AND TRY TAEBO, YOU MAY JUST GET A MAN AT 40 wink
typical lie... Who told you that if a woman is hot enough she will always find a man to marry?, na lie o, single old ladies I see these days are hot ones, men run away from them asking the question "why hasn't she married all this years despite her beauty?" The truth is, if you are a woman, make sure you catch som1 while you are young because once you hit 30, questions will arise concerning what is holding you all this years and the answer will judge you wrong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by ichidodo: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite! Big fan.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by obowunmi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
If you are over 30 and still single - just PRAY and have lots of faith. Because it is only God that can help you.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Your fucktardism never fails me.

No 1, I never said people making several decisions wrong cannot make one decision right. Moorons throw stewpid strawmans.

No 2, if you are going to appoint someone to do an important job, if you have a brain, you select those with the best record and history of doing such. The more complex the job, the more emphasis on record and history. That is why you have things like job interviews.

No 3, you would be and incredibly moronic person to advocate that someone that has failed in conducting simple tasks, should be awarded the right to conduct far more complex tasks.

You don't tell someone who cannot build a bicycle to go and build a NASA spaceship (to take poor astronauts to space) just in case they might be able to do it.

In my world, people like you would not have a right to vote.

Why do you open your mouth so wide like you are saying something sensible while you talking nonesense?
Listen, the fact you said that people who acted stupid at some point shouldnt have a right to vote CLEARLY means that they are dumb for life, and therefore wouldnt get anything right. Thats what it means. But unfortunately your self declared wisdom highness will not open your eyes. You dont need to say it plainly Mr Man.

Your no. 2 point is dust and irrelevant cos I never mentioned anything about disregarding past records.

Concerning your no. 3, you make me laugh indeed. Who told you that electing a leader is such a conplex job that only "intellectuals" like sagamite can accomplish? Why bring up that stupid analogy about NASA?
Stop spewing dust claiming wise man my friend.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
fubbyy: typical lie... Who told you that if a woman is hot enough she will always find a man to marry?, na lie o, single old ladies I see these days are hot ones, men run away from them asking the question "why hasn't she married all this years despite her beauty?" The truth is, if you are a woman, make sure you catch som1 while you are young because once you hit 30, questions will arise concerning what is holding you all this years and the answer will judge you wrong

Wrong!

If a woman is hot, at any age, she would find a man easily.

When a women is attractive, men think with their diicks!

Not be applying any rational thought like "why hasn't she married all this years despite her beauty?".

If a woman is hot, she would nail most men she wants, even younger ones, and get them to the alter ASAP, except she has some phenomenally stinking attitude that knocks sense into them and let the blood flow north of the trousers.

Hot women have power and choices except when they meet an attractive man that tells them to shove their power up their arsse. Then they are shocked and become submissive because this one is not ready to kiss her arsse and that is a turn on for her and he becomes her number one choice.

If a woman is fine and has a decent personality, she would marry whenever she wants to marry even if she is 42. Many married men would even leave their nagging wives for her.

ichidodo: Sagamite! Big fan.

cool

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Wrong!

If a woman is hot, at any age, she would find a man easily.

When a women is attractive, men think with their diicks!

Not be applying any rational thought like "why hasn't she married all this years despite her beauty?".

If a woman is hot, she would nail most men she wants, even younger ones, and get them to the alter ASAP, except she has some phenomenally stinking attitude that knocks sense into them and let the blood flow north of the trousers.

Hot women have power and choices except when they meet an attractive man that tells them to shove their power up their arsse. Then they are shocked and become submissive because this one is not ready to kiss her arsse and that is a turn on for her and he becomes her number one choice.

If a woman is fine and has a decent personality, she would marry whenever she wants to marry even if she is 42. Many married men would even leave their nagging wives for her.

cool
LOL I SAW HIS REPLY BUT THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN TELL A MAN LIKE THAT. A MAN WHO BELIEVES A HOT WOMAN, REGARDLESS OF AGE, WILL NOT HAVE CONSTANT SUITORS IS A MAN YOU CANT TELL NOTHING TO
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

A typical woman, in her illogical mind, would say successful women "intimidate" or "scare" most men. grin

The fact there is that by the time a girl has good job, a car, lives well and become successful she would have aged a bit. Just like a guy would too.

Firstly, she herself, naturally and evolutionarily, would want to "marry up" (a guy that is more successful). That is normal and acceptable. Women are attracted to success just like me are attracted to nice boobbies. Nothing wrong with both. It is natural! She would want to marry someone more or at least equally successful and also someone that is older (girls tend to like guys older than them). So, by that time of success, she would rule out a lot of guys in Naija that are younger and/or unemployed graduates who are not yet successful, hence limiting her pool of men, as lack of success is the norm in Nigeria.

Secondly, the little pool she targets would on the other hand be less attracted to her because

a) Most successful girls are not hungry, hence they struggle with their weight as they can eat what the want and are too busy to work it off. So she is likely to be less aesthetically beautiful. Unlike all these lepa, flat-tummy poorer girls.

b) She would have already aged and there are fresher, nicer and more supple looking girls rolling out of production system who are more attractive. The successful guys can attract these girls, so why would they go for one that is already fading and would fade completely shortly after marriage.

c) These younger, more attractive girls like and want the successful guys and would make themselves available, approachable and agreeable to these guys. So she has keen, better endowed and more powerful competitors in the market she has selected and restricted herself to.

So, to summarise, she is effectively targeting a little pool populated by mostly men who have many options and would put her lower in preference list as they like good things too. And the good things like them.

So much for self-consolation use of words like "intimidated". undecided

I couldn't help liking this comment - simply because it is near-perfect in validity. Bottomline is that both rich girls and poor girls (and every girl in-between) are chasing the same limited pool of 'eligible' men, and each one is 'believing God' that settling for less is not her portion. The result can only be chaos. Excess demand + limited supply = ?.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Why I Did Not Sleep With People's Wives / When You Are No Longer In Love With Someone, Which of these Do You Do? / 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.