Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? (19472 Views)

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? / Websites for Portfolio Tracking & Monitoring of Nigerian Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by manie(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Benjacky: Shares holding in Nigeria is not for the greedy. The vulture is a patient bird. Always use your own fund not borrowed. I bought 10000 GTB during IPO in 2001 for 51000. Still holding them. Has collected over 250000Naira as dividend and has has 70000shares due to bonus. Not bad I believe.

Nothing beats long term investment in a well managed company. Your N51,000 investment in 2001 is now worth about 1.7 million Naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by manie(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Benjacky: Shares holding in Nigeria is not for the greedy. The vulture is a patient bird. Always use your own fund not borrowed. I bought 10000 GTB during IPO in 2001 for 51000. Still holding them. Has collected over 250000Naira as dividend and has has 70000shares due to bonus. Not bad I believe.

Traders make money in the stock market, but people with the serious money and heavy portfolios that run into hundreds of millions and billions of Naira are the patient long term investors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by manie(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2013

That N51,000 will buy 14,500 units of First Bank Shares in 1993. The 14,500 units would have grown to 783,000 units in 2013 valued at 15.2 million naira.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Orikinla(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Top investment banks are rushing to invest in Nigerian stocks.
See the video report on Nigerian Stock Exchange is Booming Again
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/04/nigerias-stock-exchange-is-booming.html

Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Elai147: 1:44am On Apr 25, 2013
dmcdad: I bought Zenith Bank shares in 2007 @38.90 at that time. The painful thing was, it rose up to 58-60 before the crash... After the crash, that was when I realized I would have sold it when it got as high as 60. Anywayz, at that time, one didn't know it will hit the rock hard.

Well.. Its gradually rising again. Lets see what becomes of it in the next 5-10 years...

As at that time most people have not received their share certificates which means selling was not possible. The increase in the price was immediately after their IPO which is normal. Of course there is hope for zenith shares. It is one of the best in the banking sector.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by IgweOO(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
InvertedHammer:

I still think NSE is not fully developed for a long term/ "buy and hold" strategy. Can one swing-trade NSE?
Any input would be highly appreciated. This is a game I know very well...I am using my own algorithm.
I know that I could make a kill if I apply it to NSE but fraud and lack of transparency is the bane.

Algorithm for NSE? HFT nko?
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Godson201333(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2013
Seun:
@Caracta: thanks for sharing, I think not selling after the crash was a good idea. If you wait long enough (3 to 5 years) you may still make a profit on the stocks. What made you decide to invest in those 4 companies specifically? Was it because you believed in them, or because they advertised public offerings around the time you were looking to buy shares?

Daar communication really messed up,I invested in their public offers back in 2007 and now its 0.50k.Thats really a loss even intercontinental bank( now acess Bank).But such is life.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Elai147: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Please does anyone know what is happening to MBenefit (mutual benefit assurance)? They seemed to have been delisted. Any reason for that?
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by IgweOO(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
People just dey complain about market crash, and the prospect of it crashing again, some saying they'd never near the market again even with a long pole. People,I tell you, its always good to invest in stock. For anyone who dont know much about investing in equities, I will advice the person to invest in equity/mutual fund.
As risk as it is investing in NSE, and not forgetting the perceived manipulation inherent in it, there is equally some amount of risk associated with whatever investment you may undertake outside NSE. Any business/investing is always a risk.
Like I said, buy up, invest through equity/mutual fund. Those equity/mutual fund firm, they know the market and understand too, the manipulations in the market.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Saladin1: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
I invested in Afprint in 2010 now they have delisted and I have not being paid, can someone guide me on how to recover my money.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2015
I have 17000 unit shares of Skye bank and I need money for my msc. is it profitable to sell?
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by dmcdad: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2015
dorothy111:
I have 17000 unit shares of Skye bank and I need money for my msc. is it profitable to sell?
With the way the market is...? I don't think so.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by peteregwu(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
Place someone I know lost his share certificate of flour mill, how do I go about it pls.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by dmcdad: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
peteregwu:
Place someone I know lost his share certificate of flour mill, how do I go about it pls.
I don't know myself as mine are well in-tact. But I would advice that you contact the office of the registrar.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by peteregwu(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
dmcdad:

I don't know myself as mine are well in-tact. But I would advice that you contact the office of the registrar.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by ihedioramma: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2015
vulpeslopez:
Bought 300,000 unit of Wema Bank in Oct last year @ 0.53k,sold it last week @ 1.44,bought Japaul oil for 0.58k in september,sold it for 0.79k yesterday..........all in all made some cool profits.
You two much but is just like playing lotto, i cant buy that two stocks with more than #50,000.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by shilees(f): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2015
I bought FBN,ZENITH and Union bank shares since 2004, have not been receiving dividend and bonus due to change of address, I want to claim my dividends and probably register with a stock broker,where do I start from and how do I go about it.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by dmcdad: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2015
shilees:
I bought FBN,ZENITH and Union bank shares since 2004, have not been receiving dividend and bonus due to change of address, I want to claim my dividends and probably register with a stock broker,where do I start from and how do I go about it.
Why dont you get in toch with the various registrars? I have for Zentih and theirs is Veritas Registrars. You can give them a call and relate this with them, from which you would know the way forward.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by gr8iydy: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
I bought shares from union bank since 2005and I use to received dividend and report yearly from them, but after the crash down back in 2008 also since then no report no dividend...... has my shares gone with the crash or what someone should enlighten me about this ....
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by dmcdad: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
gr8iydy:
I bought shares from union bank since 2005and I use to received dividend and report yearly from them, but after the crash down back in 2008 also since then no report no dividend...... has my shares gone with the crash or what someone should enlighten me about this ....
No matter how bad your 'shares' is, it wont disappear into thin air. The only thing that can happen to it is it will lose its value. You should contact the registrars and relate this to them. They might have been sending your dividends, but maybe not getting to you.

One thing I understand is that, no matter how small your dividend is, they will still get it to you. Thats a norm.
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Ameboperoo(m): 9:54am On Sep 24, 2015
I BOUGHT SHARES IN ONE INSURANCE COMPANY LIKE THAT BUT I DIDNT RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATE EVEN THOUGH I USE TO RECEIVE DIV. WARRANT. IVE WRITTEN THE REGISTRAR BUT TO NO AVAIL. WHAT CAN I DO?
I ALSO RECEIVE SOME WARRANT LATE (STALE)N WHAT CAN I DO WITH THOSE STALE WARRANT?
Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by obilokechukwu(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
by knowing the right stock to buy online, follows me up. these are one of my stock trade

Re: Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? by Danichi001: 3:18pm On Mar 12
I don't have the capability to buy or sell stocks as I am a text-based AI language model. However, if you're looking for expert advice and insights on Nigerian stocks, consider consulting with financial professionals or leveraging the services of reputable agencies like 9Figuremedia. They can provide valuable information and strategic communication to guide your investment decisions effectively.
https:///?ref9figuremedia.com=331

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts / Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest. / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.