Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? (16706 Views)

First Time Of Sex In Relationships, Why Do Ladies Ask "So What Are We Now?" / One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / Unhappy Relationships: Why Stay In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
baby_123: \

You dont need to. We know you are very busy on NL. undecided
abi o!! na2day?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by free2ryhme: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
husband no easy ooo . a bird in hand is worth that 20 pigeon in bush
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by hopefullman: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
sanb: @Op, First and foremost, I see no reason and I repeat; no reason why any man/woman should stay in an abusive relationship. If that should ever occur, run cos there’s fire on the mountain and don’t look back. In all, it causes a lot of damage in once well-being.

There’re various reasons women give to make them stay with abusive partners; Low self-esteem is still the most common …cos of that, some women go as far as saying she’ll never find anyone better; in that instance I’ll say wake up gurl; you’ll definitely find someone much better who wouldn’t lay a finger on you.

Then there’s the fear of can I survive financially on my own, the fear of being alone...some would go as far as saying she can stay and help him get better; well she might be right as well as wrong.

Some woman would go as far as saying well it’s not that bad after all I caused it for him to hit me...oh dear; is it until they are beating to pulp or even killed before they realise that it’s not an acceptable behaviour for her man to hit her?

The most horrible excuse given is; Oh I love him, and he’s usually not abusive when he reciprocates his love; yea right....run out of that relationship even faster than Usian Bolt.

Some women might feel ashamed, embarrassed when/if they tell anyone that their partner hits them and for that reason they carry on enduring the abuse....which is sad.

One thing i'll point out though is for women to learn to tam their tongue; cos a man would be better off in a house with a licking roof then being around his nagging partner.
u nailed it.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
sanb: @Op, First and foremost, I see no reason and I repeat; no reason why any man/woman should stay in an abusive relationship. If that should ever occur, run cos there’s fire on the mountain and don’t look back. In all, it causes a lot of damage in once well-being.

There’re various reasons women give to make them stay with abusive partners; Low self-esteem is still the most common …cos of that, some women go as far as saying she’ll never find anyone better; in that instance I’ll say wake up gurl; you’ll definitely find someone much better who wouldn’t lay a finger on you.

Then there’s the fear of can I survive financially on my own, the fear of being alone...some would go as far as saying she can stay and help him get better; well she might be right as well as wrong.

Some woman would go as far as saying well it’s not that bad after all I caused it for him to hit me...oh dear; is it until they are beating to pulp or even killed before they realise that it’s not an acceptable behaviour for her man to hit her?

The most horrible excuse given is; Oh I love him, and he’s usually not abusive when he reciprocates his love; yea right....run out of that relationship even faster than Usian Bolt.

Some women might feel ashamed, embarrassed when/if they tell anyone that their partner hits them and for that reason they carry on enduring the abuse....which is sad.

One thing i'll point out though is for women to learn to tam their tongue; cos a man would be better off in a house with a licking roof then being around his nagging partner.

well said but you forgot a few other reasons:
- because some women actually like to be abused (make up sex is the bomb, they say)
- because some women get TURNED ON by a good whooping (all them sado maso biatches that look for a fight every chance they get)
- because they are so scared of what that man will do to them if she left and he catch her sneaking aasss.
- because (sadly) some women are quick to raise their hands on men, and foolishly think that a man shouldnt reciprocate, lol!
- and finally, there is a great arabic proverb that says:" beat your wife at least ONCE a day, if you don't know why, she does"
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by blackbeau1(f): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
So many reasons.I'll attempt to list some of them.
1)It turns them on.being beaten and abused makes them feel hot all over
2)They have this father complex issue.they are so used to being beaten and abused their father so inadvertently,when its time to get a relationship,they marry their 'father' all over again
3)They have low self esteem and this ensures that whatever the guy does to them,they feel they've done something to deserve it and sometimes they can't believe they caught such a big fish
4)They are afraid no one will love them and are afraid of being lonely if the guy leaves
5)Some of them actually continue with the relationship because they believe he will change along the way

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by pekelepekele(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta: ^^^
Scarce ke? Wetin do all the guys on earth? Where did they go? Hehehehe. Fifteen men can be after just one woman. Una no scarce jor tongue

My dear dogs are different from Men, Dogs are everywhere Men are very scarce

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by kennydee05(m): 12:45am On Mar 13, 2013
she be super Mario naauuhh...
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by navygrl: 1:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Many reasons. They have been psychological abused to the point of being brain washed into thinking they deserve it. They have been told he will kill her if she attempts to leave or get help. He has cut her off from finances and family/friends and she has no way or where to leave. Brainwashed that her family doesn't want her. Even times where the family sides with the man unbelieving he could do those things. When kids get involved it becomes even worse
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 13, 2013
navygrl: Many reasons. They have been psychological abused to the point of being brain washed into thinking they deserve it. They have been told he will kill her if she attempts to leave or get help. He has cut her off from finances and family/friends and she has no way or where to leave. Brainwashed that her family doesn't want her. Even times where the family sides with the man unbelieving he could do those things. When kids get involved it becomes even worse

Word on the street is that you're also in an abusive relationship.. undecided undecided
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ediemafio(m): 4:52am On Mar 13, 2013
A lot of u ladies r just very silly.Why would a man who married u beat u up?because you have done something that made u deserve it.Anyway,na women get mouth pass,when time comes,we go c how many fit do anything,afterall,who wants to remarry a woman with 4 kids?u should concentrate on how to be a submisive and gud wife and not how to challenge ur husband,cos when it happens,u'll have ur self to blame
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by 1k001(m): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2013
came across a book some time ago: 'prone to violence' by erin Pizzey who had done a lot of work with abused women. She felt that abused women actually sought out abusive relationships subconsciously secondary to adverse childhood experiences.

It is thus important that when one has experienced or witnessed any form of abuse as a child that they be extra vigilant because your subconscious may direct you to replicate that pattern. seek help to prevent this and avoid promiscuity and promiscuous partners. If one has enough respect for their virtue and the virtue of others is unlikely to abuse.

If you're in an abusive relationship it's not easy but seek help and try get out but at the very least teach your children to eschew abuse so they don't perpetuate the cycle.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Sugaken(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote
author=Caracta]^^^
Scarce ke? Wetin do all the guys on earth? Where did they go? Hehehehe.
Fifteen men can be after just one woman. Una no scarce jor tongue[/quote]............all dey want is her waist
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ndeepurity(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2013
Caracta: ^^^
Scarce ke? Wetin do all the guys on earth? Where did they go? Hehehehe. Fifteen men can be after just one woman. Una no scarce jor tongue
u're right in ur own way, but just as real women are scarce, same goes for real men.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2013
@ topic,
Because they must have a man at all costs. It's worse in some parts of Africa where I understand being single is taboo.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Haha Lol...you got it...Thanks... cool
hopefullman:
u nailed it.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Kizuba: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2013
i used to wonder why until i found the answer.... lack of confidence
she holds on in the hope that he will change, she feels that if she goes out there she will not find better
that he is the best she will ever find. before the beating starts he has brought her to the stage (mental stage) where she honestly believes she cant do without him and that he is the one who MADE her, without him she will be nothing, then the beating starts and she tolerates hoping it will stop some day.

hope this explains a little

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by goofie: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2013
smileyIts good 2 be back on nairaland!!
I think one reason a lot of women stay in abusive relatnshps is dt we tend 2 try n understand d guys reason 4 his actions at d detriment of our wellbeing

Dis abuse is destructive now or eventually.safety first...love later
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by navygrl: 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
shymexx:

Word on the street is that you're also in an abusive relationship.. undecided undecided
sorry sweetie, a man strikes me I strike back, press charges and walk away. I don't put up with shit
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ratatis(m): 6:28am On Oct 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Lmaooo! Correct! Her name na Oluwasubmissive she? grin grin grin

u've got d point!
R u dominant?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Samuel2337(m): 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
Mynd44:

Reminds me of one man for this village. His wife came home late from work and cos he was hungry, he took it out on her and started beating her. When people were separating them, the husband hit one of the men and the guy started fighting the husband....

Guess what the wife said?
"wetin concern una? He is my husband and he has the right to correct me when I dey wrong"

na since then I don dey buy pop-corn keep for my appartment.

True story oooo
U no well wetin u dey carry the pop corn do?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by BlaQWolf: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
How do you do? I have noticed ,seems you have been here for a long time now...but more like a ghost
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
BlaQWolf:
How do you do? I have noticed ,seems you have been here for a long time now...but more like a ghost

What's your other moniker or real handle?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by BlaQWolf: 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Caracta:

What's your other moniker or real handle?
..Familiar?
I was just going through your diary...I think the first one with the lesbian story..#Cool
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Low self esteem has a lot to do with it. It's not that a woman does not know that the man is not good for her,our society is partially to blame. Even if a woman wants to leave the man. The family get involved , sometimes church as well in convincing a woman to stay for the sake of her marriage ,the children What about for her sake? In situations like this when the women is that beaten down there is some resignation as some men would have isolated her from family and friends. Sometimes the woman will go and beg his release from the police station despite the fact that he hurts her.

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
BlaQWolf:

Tamedwolf90...Familiar?
I was just going through your diary...I think the first one with the lesbian story..#Cool

Yes. Familiar.

The lesbian story is an old one. Very old. You try. Lol.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by BlaQWolf: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2016
Caracta:

Yes. Familiar.

The lesbian story is an old one. Very old. You try. Lol.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
BlaQWolf:

Fine morning... Hope you are good... You know you should have been a Mod counting how long you contributed here...I'm Mark,what's the name? Can I send a PM?

Mod? Of what? Hian. Is it by e-age? I jump and pass biko. I don't work for free.

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by BlaQWolf: 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Caracta:

Mod? Of what? Hian. Is it by e-age? I jump and pass biko. I don't work for free.

Yes you can.

Lol, I thought they are been paid
How is your Monday winding up?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
BlaQWolf:

Lol, I thought they are been paid
How is your Monday winding up?

Very well. Had a long day. So I'm about to settle into bed. Quite early though but I have an early morning task tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Caught Masturbating Before?? / 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile / Should I Go Into Modelling (photos Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.