Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? (16715 Views)

First Time Of Sex In Relationships, Why Do Ladies Ask "So What Are We Now?" / One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / Unhappy Relationships: Why Stay In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2013
He beats you black and blue, yet you stick with him like your life depends on it.

Is it love or another definition of endurance/tolerance? Or being beaten turns you on? Or is it the practise of "for better for worse" thingy?

Please make me understand. Why do you put up with a violent boyfriend? Or why do girls put up with boyfriends who practise Bruce Lee on them...Kung Fu things? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ifihearam: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Simple!!!
Boyfriend scarce and money dey the guy side,so they have no option.

7 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 12:35am On Mar 06, 2013
^^^
Scarce ke? Wetin do all the guys on earth? Where did they go? Hehehehe. Fifteen men can be after just one woman. Una no scarce jor tongue

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ifihearam: 12:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: ^^^
Scarce ke? Wetin do all the guys on earth? Where did they go? Hehehehe. Fifteen men can be after just one woman. Una no scarce jor tongue

Am laffing in zulu,men are scarce ooo. Nor go there!

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by saxking(m): 12:41am On Mar 06, 2013
the stupid belief that the devil you know is better than searching for angels you don't know ; because the s3x is damn good ; cos of low self esteem

3 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ifihearam: 12:44am On Mar 06, 2013
saxking: the stupid belief that the devil you know is better than searching for angels you don't know ; because the s3x is damn good ; cos of low self esteem

Low self esteem NO
Sex and money. YES

+scarcity of men

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by obowunmi(m): 1:39am On Mar 06, 2013
Many people stay because they're parents STAYED.

If your mother stayed with a man who abused her (mentally, physically, emotionally, psychologically) or she brags about how she's been married for 30 years plus to an abusive and mentally unstable beast.... there's a 100 percent chance, you will FIND AN ABUSIVE MAN OR WOMAN very attractive and will also call the person the love of your life. (perfect example is Rihanna)

So unfortunately it's a natural ecosystem, unless you willing seek psychological and psychiatric help.

15 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 06, 2013
obowunmi: Many people stay because they're parents STAYED.

If your mother stayed with a man who abused her (mentally, physically, emotionally, psychologically) or she brags about how she's been married for 30 years plus to an abusive and mentally unstable beast.... there's a 100 percent chance, you will FIND AN ABUSIVE MAN OR WOMAN very attractive and will also call the person the love of your life. (perfect example is Rihanna)

So unfortunately it's a natural ecosystem, unless you willing seek psychological and psychiatric help.

I agree!
Most of these girls didn't have proper role-models at home.
Additionally, many of them didn't have parents who were affectionate enough towards them so they learned that it's normal that people, the close ones, ignore their emotions and needs. And the vicious circle goes on and on and on ... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 5:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Low self esteem...
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ITbomb(m): 6:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Like someone said, sex for a woman is different.
A man may sex a girl then after he put on his cloth n drop some cash and that chapter is close
But a woman has strong emotional attachments to who the had sex with.
It happens that this abusive ones are very good in bed and also are mostly players who knows how to manage first impression, so that whatever happens, the girl always remember their first meetings silently hope he will change back to how they met

14 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by temi4fash(m): 6:39am On Mar 06, 2013
obowunmi: Many people stay because they're parents STAYED.

dat not alwayys true oo
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tellwsdom: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: ^^^

How far?..Im home today......Buy biscuit when coming undecided
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ITbomb(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2013
tellwsdom:

Which one be this
Gold circle don start to dey manufacture biscuit?
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tellwsdom: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2013
ITbomb:
Which one be this
Gold circle don start to dey manufacture biscuit?

Na wa to u oo...I mean chop chop. This romance sction don corrupt una mind finish sad
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2013
tellwsdom:

shocked shocked shocked
Excuuuuuuse me! grin
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2013
Because the money and or phenese they are receiving is more important than their lives,body and overall well being.plus its ladies suffering from low self esteem,mental and financial poverty that usually fall into the moronic lie that men are scarce.of course men are everywhere and not scarce at all,its the fathers in them that are scarce
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2013
Bcus, the breadwinner dey run tinz...
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tellwsdom: 9:02am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta:
shocked shocked shocked
Excuuuuuuse me! grin

Caracta, e don reach english time?? ..Issoryt undecided
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:05am On Mar 06, 2013
Some of these boyfriends are actually poor...as in very poor. The girlfriend does all the cooking and laundry, gets beaten/abused. After which there would be a make-up sêx grin
Wonderful!
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Bcus, the breadwinner dey run tinz...
Na true
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2013
@tellwsdom, stop derailing my thread. Contribute and get the buscuit or go back to bed. I hope you don't beat your girlfriend tongue
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Bcus, the breadwinner dey run tinz...
What is he breadwinning? Boyfriend o...not husband.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tellwsdom: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: @tellwsdom, stop derailing my thread. Contribute and get the buscuit or go back to bed. I hope you don't beat your girlfriend tongue
No, why would i??...Hve i laid my hands on you before??
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta:
Some BFs are bread winners oooo
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:14am On Mar 06, 2013
tellwsdom:
No, why would i??...Hve i laid my hands on you before??
Is that all you've got to say? Oya go and sleep.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:14am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta:
So? Boyfriend no dey run things ni? Hehehe... Some ladies are dependant. No job! no life! all dey breathe is HIM.Now tell me how dat kind barbie go brave say she wan leave persin wey dey panel-beat every part of her body? Dey simply endure and tell demselves joy cometh in the morning.

4 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2013
@idowuogbo and Mynd, i get ya point.

If a boyfriend beats his girl and she ends up marrying him...i wonder how they would survive their "till death do us part" marriage.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: @idowuogbo and Mynd, i get ya point.

If a boyfriend beats his girl and she ends up marrying him...i wonder how they would survive their "till death do us part" marriage.
Love is blind but marriage is d real eye opener. wink

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:24am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: @idowuogbo and Mynd, i get ya point.

The guy will continue till death do them part na. E hard?

And if God wan do am, make she still no get job after marriage. You go hear thing like
"He is just expressing his love for me"

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Love is blind but marriage is d real eye opener. wink
Open which eye? The eyes are already opened, some people just have eye defects and so see something else.

You never marry am and he dey slap you, e day punch you when the eye go open?

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
Open which eye? The eyes are already opened, some people just have eye defects and so see something else.

You never marry am and he dey slap you, e day punch you when the eye go open?
Lmao! D beating go upgrade wen dem collect certificate na! He can officially claim ownership.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! D beating go upgrade wen dem collect certificate na! He can officially claim ownership.
Reminds me of one man for this village. His wife came home late from work and cos he was hungry, he took it out on her and started beating her. When people were separating them, the husband hit one of the men and the guy started fighting the husband....

Guess what the wife said?
"wetin concern una? He is my husband and he has the right to correct me when I dey wrong"

na since then I don dey buy pop-corn keep for my appartment.

True story oooo

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men Are Afraid To Toast Me Because Of My Uniform -female Army / Watch The Video Of Beverly & Angelo Having Sex In Big Brother Africa The Chase / He Slept With A Mad Woman Without Condoms And Found This In His Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.