Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG (13091 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: Unfortunately it is these associations who claim to uphold righteous (fair) judgement on religious matters in government institutions that spark intolerance and also build the foundations for hatred at a very young age. we won't be around when these youths start slaughtering each other and society in general because of their dress-sense.. it will be a religious matter then just as it is now. Uniform uniforms are there for one reason, UNIFY different groups and create a sense of oneness and social bonding and identity (especially at that age).

Youths also recognize when someone is different from the accepted norm. they are either seen as elitist or isolationist or or ethno-racists, either way it is better to have a united school of young children than one where hate breeds and flourishes. If you wish to wear a hijab as a matter of religion, go to an all Islamic School where those virtues are held in the highest regard. This will allow you the benefit of a good education in a peaceful environment with peers that accept you for who you are not how you dress.

so you mean nothing should ever change?

someone thought of the uniform and now they serve the purpose no more or say, some people are agrieved by it. should there be no change to that?

later some of you will claim exposure, will claim living in a modern world, but the very basic foundation of the modern world, freedom-you fail to understand.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
jude33084:

Man you have spoken well,....I wonder what kind of hate τhis guys are building up?

I dont think τhis call will ever work because the moment you give the female muslims the right to use hijab, Aladura and shango worshipers will come up with their own religion dress code supported by the constitution in nigeria.

and what stops them. if they are comfortable doing that, why not??
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by daontop: 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
dis is d reason y mst govt of other countries separatd religion frm govt.... public skul is a skul for.d.whole public ie both muslims, christians, atheist, jews, traditnalist nd.oda riligions which has a common goal ie to hold d common.interest of evry group without prejudice.... so if u allow a muslim.gal to wear her hijab *sorry if my speln.is wrng* to skul al because her religion said so, den u r also teln d pupil frm d traditnal relign 2also wear his fathers masquerade to skul since d muslim.gal can wear hers 2skul. pls thr r limits 2evrytin nd dis is d limit.. so.of d lady wnts 2b wearn dat 2skul, Thr r sevral islamic skuls in lagos nd beyond whr she can be enrolld nd allowd 2wear dat with being questnd or stopd bt nt in Govt or public skul....

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by UnknownMember: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
And in the usual spirit, the peace of Lagos has been threatened by Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by AbuHanifa: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Find Out!:

Sorry I had to quote the entire article, but I think attention should be paid to the bolded. Then can anyone quote an excerpt of the statements credited to the COHI/MSSN spokesperson where the LASG was ''warned'' or ''threatened'' ? Thanks.

The person who appended a title to the original piece whether muslim or xtian appears to be a ''product of a failed educational system'' (c) - Sagamite cheesy

"he group warned that reneging on the agreements may result to the disruption of the relative peace being enjoyed in the state at the moment." What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by coolheed: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
daontop: dis is d reason y mst govt of other countries separatd religion frm govt.... public skul is a skul for.d.whole public ie both muslims, christians, atheist, jews, traditnalist nd.oda riligions which has a common goal ie to hold d common.interest of evry group without prejudice.... so if u allow a muslim.gal to wear her hijab *sorry if my speln.is wrng* to skul al because her religion said so, den u r also teln d pupil frm d traditnal relign 2also wear his fathers masquerade to skul since d muslim.gal can wear hers 2skul. pls thr r limits 2evrytin nd dis is d limit.. so.of d lady wnts 2b wearn dat 2skul, Thr r sevral islamic skuls in lagos nd beyond whr she can be enrolld nd allowd 2wear dat with being questnd or stopd bt nt in Govt or public skul....

You are missing a vital point here. The issue at hand relate to a public school funded by the taxpayers irrespective of religion. Why will you deny any religion the benefit of attending a public school. Muslims are saying that hijab is a fundamental component of their religious belief and this is supported by the country's constitution. Any dress code that violates a constitutional right should be revisited. Again, dialogue with key stakeholders appears to be the best way out of this imbroglio.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by avalontony(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
i just saw a sign post with BUY YOUR QUALITY GARRI HERE!!, i just recalled the garrilords on NL. anyway....... let peace reign ooooooo, there is no profit in waror crisis.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Biggyd2: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
webcityng: I ATTEND WHITE GARMENT CHURCH

IF THE GOVERNMENT ACCEPT THIS, I WILL PUT ON MY WHITE GARMENT CAP ON WHEN I AM GOING TO SCHOOL

like the one this women is putting on

LOL. Remember not to wear shoes as well.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Haywhymido(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
webcityng: I ATTEND WHITE GARMENT CHURCH

IF THE GOVERNMENT ACCEPT THIS, I WILL PUT ON MY WHITE GARMENT CAP ON WHEN I AM GOING TO SCHOOL

like the one this women is putting on
who karezzzzzzzz? if u lyk put on egungun dress.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Larrylarex(m): 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Most institutions where women are heads will always feel the impact of not having a male leader. The NYSC issue is a case study and these female principals beating students this much because of hijab is disheartening! I'm not a muslim but the last time i checked, there is a freedom of religion in this country nah haba! Ee de je k'Onikaluku s'esin to ba wuu!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by maubelle: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Pls, musilms if u wish to wear ur hijab go to a muslim school. uniform is uniform don't attach urs cos of religion cos we all v religions and dt should be repsected
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Ayoobscom(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
The world would have been a paradise if only it were occupied by women who covers their nudity and men who would support good virtues on earth....

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by informatix: 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
ezedolar: Muslims na wahala always protesting
i be muslim. I must say you are funny and i like your manners of approach unlike other *******. I Like your comment cheers grin grin grin
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by FindOut(m): 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
AbuHanifa:

"he group warned that reneging on the agreements may result to the disruption of the relative peace being enjoyed in the state at the moment." What is wrong with you?

I know you are the OP & unless it was you who put the title there(not of the thread but the article/report itself), i no get quarrel with you.

Now, where exactly did the group ''warn''?? Who made the ''warning'' statement??
I've gone thru the entire press release on the MSSN WEBSITE(i've posted the link on this thread) & I couldn't find any statement that sounds like a warning to disrupt peace.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
Unknown Member: And in the usual spirit, the peace of Lagos has been threatened by Muslims.

no. the peace of Lagos is not threatened by Muslims. Majority of Lagosians are Muslims and definitely want peace to reign.

And it shall REIGN.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by bornosheikh: 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
We are taking back Lagos, Inshallah!
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by dederocs(m): 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
Are they threatening Lagosians and the govt?
we are used to violence now,bring it on-we all die surely.Lagos state governor must react strongly to this-no man is supernatural,all it takes is one bullet in the right hole.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Policewoman(f): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Please may I ask if Lagos is now controlled by a particular religion? Nigeria is a secular state and therefore they should abide with the normal dress codes on schools. I don't support the Hijab one bit.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by opeoluwa2(f): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
There is one thing I trust fashola on,
He knowns when to differentiate religion from politics he does not reason like his other muslim governors.
So I believe him to do justices to this issue.
The Muslim society are asking for too much and if the state government agrees to this Hijab wearing to every public school,we will be faced with bigger demands in future.
They are claiming the hijab is a right,we all know that there are many kinds of hijab.
Which particular one will they wear??
They are asking for permission to cover their hair to school,verysoon they will cover their face and finally they will decide to wear a different uniform to school. Thereby leading to more rights and more infringement.
Lagos state government should take a lasting decision on this matter, they either scrap the school Uniform for mufti or strictly adhere to it irrespective of religion.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
AbuHanifa:

I also find the topic 'too' alarming. Even I would have advised the MSSN to tone it down if at all they wrote it that way.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by dederocs(m): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Let the muslims keep threatening with bombs,in a few yrs from now na chemical warfare we go dey use-bombs self no reach-and please stop threatening do what you can,lets see who dies and who survives-the Laws of Lagos state and Federal republic of Nigeria supersedes all others,till the world caves in nija will remain a plural society-hope u got urself a gun.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
opeoluwa2: There is one thing I trust fashola on,
He knowns when to differentiate religion from politics he does not reason like his other muslim governors.
So I believe him to do justices to this issue.
The Muslim society are asking for too much and if the state government agrees to this Hijab wearing to every public school,we will be faced with bigger demands in future.
They are claiming the hijab is a right,we all know that there are many kinds of hijab.
Which particular one will they wear??
They are asking for permission to cover their hair to school,verysoon they will cover their face and finally they will decide to wear a different uniform to school. Thereby leading to more rights and more infringement.
Lagos state government should take a lasting decision on this matter, they either scrap the school Uniform for mufti or strictly adhere to it irrespective of religion.

If only you would be truthful that you mean that in hood faith and not out of religious sentiments.

smh at many of you.

the hijab has come to stay, mind you. Fashola would be right to allow people exhibit their human right.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by dederocs(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
bornosheikh: We are taking back Lagos, Inshallah!
when the war starts i hope to see you at the frontlines.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
Seun why is there a warning Muslim threads while I've never seen one on a christian thread?
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
dederocs:
when the war starts i hope to see you at the frontlines.

there will be no war. You want the war so you can point fingers at Muslims abi?

but there will be no war.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
deols:

so you mean nothing should ever change?

someone thought of the uniform and now they serve the purpose no more or say, some people are agrieved by it. should there be no change to that?

later some of you will claim exposure, will claim living in a modern world, but the very basic foundation of the modern world, freedom-you fail to understand.

Change that encourages Death and Intolerance or one that encourages Peace and Togetherness. Religious Diversity is a good ideal. see what good it has done to far more socially mature societies like Sweden and "Great" Britain in recent times. tongue, what about France? If you are going to be fair, then all students from different religious leanings should were what their religion prescribes to School.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by fxskye: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
From the press release, it's obvious there is know word "warn" from MSSN, Lagos.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by thehomer: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
AbuHanifa: Press Release:
Hijab crisis: COHI warns Lagos govt against reneging on agreements with MSSN
The Council of Higher Institutions (COHI), an arm of the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria, (MSSN) Lagos State Area Unit, has advised the Lagos State Government not to renege on the agreement it reached with the society following last Thursday’s mass protest in Alausa against the victimisation of Muslim students using hijab in secondary schools by their principals.

The group warned that reneging on the agreements may result to the disruption of the relative peace being enjoyed in the state at the moment.

. . . .

https://www.facebook.com/mssnlsau/posts/487485604632577

This line in bold caught my eye. I wonder why.

Now I'm afraid of voicing my opinion because I don't want to be banned.

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Always silencing dissidents. Well here we go again with the religion of peace.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
thehomer:

This line in bold caught my eye. I wonder why.
Now I'm afraid of voicing my opinion because I don't want to be banned.
Always silencing dissidents. Well here we go again with the religion of peace.

It is not a veiled threat. it is the voice of a per-meditated violent attack on a society that allows Religion (the various cacophonous voices of various Gods) to Rule over Constitution (The Voice of the People). Anyone who does not recognize this line of reasoning COHI and MSSN are towing is simply ignoring the elephant in the room
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by sofat(m): 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Wrote Sahih Bukhari, Obviously Not Imam Al-bukhari? / The Black Man And His Allah / Who Is/are Your Favourite Muslim Scholar(s) Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.