Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG (13089 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by udatso: 8:48am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

If it is worn for worship, it is a dressing code. You just contradicted yourself. You need to start reasoning.

People wear crosses/roses as a sign of worship as well everyday.

The white garement person can choose to worship 24/7 and wear their cap.

We should also allow Sihks to don their turbans in schools then. Lords knows that the indian population is growing in Naija

It is compulsory for a muslim lady to wear hijab always, nt turban...is it compulsory for 1 2 wear his white garment, wt white cap and bare footed in xtrianity no..any1 hu does dat is because he choose to. Not because its compulsory...similar way u dnt c muslims sayn d males must b allowed to wear cap/turban 2 schools cos we knw its not compulsory...equally, muslims dnt fight for wearn of niqab cos its nt compulsory too...I ask u dis, is it compulsory for a xtian 2 wear his white garment( celestial way) daily irrespective of where he is going? If yes, pls gv me proof from ur bible...am jst tryn 2 b very straightfoward here
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by buJu234: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2013
why are muslims creating problems for everyone in the world sef. why
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by udatso: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2013
buJu-234:
why are muslims creating problems for everyone in the world sef. why
The question u shd ask urself is that y are u bn made 2 blv d muslims are creatn problems evn wen u av eyes 2 c and brain 2 think yet u chose to blv wot u want
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2013
udatso:
It is compulsory for a muslim lady to wear hijab always, nt turban...is it compulsory for 1 2 wear his white garment, wt white cap and bare footed in xtrianity no..any1 hu does dat is because he choose to. Not because its compulsory...similar way u dnt c muslims sayn d males must b allowed to wear cap/turban 2 schools cos we knw its not compulsory...equally, muslims dnt fight for wearn of niqab cos its nt compulsory too...I ask u dis, is it compulsory for a xtian 2 wear his white garment( celestial way) daily irrespective of where he is going? If yes, pls gv me proof from ur bible...am jst tryn 2 b very straightfoward here

I did not read past that comment in bold....shows that you are a liar.

Secondly, I never referred to the hijab as a truban. more lies.

Go home
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by udatso: 8:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

If it is worn for worship, it is a dressing code. You just contradicted yourself. You need to start reasoning.

People wear crosses/roses as a sign of worship as well everyday.

The white garement person can choose to worship 24/7 and wear their cap.

We should also allow Sihks to don their turbans in schools then. Lords knows that the indian population is growing in Naija

Like u said"white garment person can choose" we dnt choose, we were asked and its compulsory...by d way, y is it so hard 4 u 2 accept hijab....is it a bad dressing code..is anytn wrong wt it? I rili want 2 knw ur personal view
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by udatso: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

I did not read past that comment in bold....shows that you are a liar.

Secondly, I never referred to the hijab as a truban. more lies.

Go home
Yeh..sowi abt dat, dat was a mistake from me, it shd av bn niqab nt turban..but is dat ol u av 2 say abt my reply? I asked u questions and u only pointed out my mistake which I admit....anyway, am nt surprised, guys wt invalid argumnts tend 2 run away/ or shy from d questions when dey are speechless...its nt ur fault..I understand...but if u must say anytn else, u shd pls ansa my question dat I asked at d endn of my previous post
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:04am On Mar 07, 2013
udatso:
Like u said"white garment person can choose" we dnt choose, we were asked and its compulsory...by d way, y is it so hard 4 u 2 accept hijab....is it a bad dressing code..is anytn wrong wt it? I rili want 2 knw ur personal view

Did I say that I reject the hijab? Why the lies?

If a woman wants to wear the hijab, great!! Infact, all religions should have the right to wear their dressing codes to schools. That will make it colourful

As for the white garment people, you dont represent them all. So keep quiet
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

You were not derisive in your tone by mentioning the pilgrims awards board?

You even made the mistake of asking why he/she should demand for something that muslims demanded for? Is than not equality? Should one religion get favour over another?

and that is a mock of the religion?
go get a dictionary jorh. i was making an inference, a comparison.

Obasanjo once spoke in relation to christians asking for the pilgrims board even though pilgrimage isnt a part of their religious rites. going to jerusalem is tourism whereas a

muslim goes to mecca to fulfil.one of the five pillars of his faith.

no religion should get favor over the other in relation to what their religion preaches. I can sense u are a bigot and wont spend my time on u anymore.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

and that is a mock of the religion?
go get a dictionary jorh. i was making an inference, a comparison.

Obasanjo once spoke in relation to christians asking for the pilgrims board even though pilgrimage isnt a part of their religious rites. going to jerusalem is tourism whereas a

muslim goes to mecca to fulfil.one of the five pillars of his faith.

no religion should get favor over the other in relation to what their religion preaches. [size=18pt]I can sense u are a bigot[/size] and wont spend my time on u anymore.

Please, moderators, can this person be cautioned?

I corrected him/her by saying that religions should get equal treatment and she shouldnt mock another religion. Now he/she is insulting me and calling me a bigot?
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

I corrected him/her by saying that religions should get equal treatment and she shouldnt mock another religion. Now he/she is insulting me and calling me a bigot?

my comment

Babadeen:

You even made the mistake of asking why he/she should demand for something that muslims demanded for? Is that not equality? Should one religion get favour over another?

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by udatso: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

Did I say that I reject the hijab? Why the lies?

If a woman wants to wear the hijab, great!! Infact, all religions should have the right to wear their dressing codes to schools. That will make it colourful

As for the white garment people, you dont represent them all. So keep quiet
U dnt reject hijab yet u feel white garment xtrians shd wear dias 2 sch too cos muslims are allowed 2 wear hijab..stop bn hypocritical..stick 2 ur words, its a 1 way issue, u eida here or there.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 9:14am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

You even made the mistake of asking why he/she should demand for something that muslims demanded for? Is than not equality? Should one religion get favour over another?
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by maclatunji: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

I have my eyes on you. #Iknow
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
My post will not be offensive.

If all religions were to demand for their religious 'rights', our schools will be so colourful.

To the muslims, which type of hijab are we talking about?

I saw a girl in the bus this morning and until she stood up and stretched to put her bag in the baggage space, I didn't know she was a student. I am sure if she's beaten or sent back home, she will carry placard and start protesting.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

I have my eyes on you. #Iknow

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

you are new abi, no wonder. to speak to moderators, click on d report button.

calling u a bigot isnt an insult btw. it is whom u are.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

you are new abi, no wonder. to speak moderators, click on d report button.

Name the bigoted statement I made and quote me verbatim.

Please. I beg you, tell the truth.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2013
bukatyne: My post will not be offensive.

If all religions were to demand for their religious 'rights', our schools will be so colourful.

I saw a girl in the bus this morning and until she stood up and stretched to put her bag in the baggage space, I didn't know she was a student. I am sure if she's beaten or sent back home, she will carry placard and start protesting.

why would she be beaten. how does the lenght of her hijab affect her studies?

I wonder why people think they should have control over other people's lives.

how are you, btw grin
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

you are new abi, no wonder. to speak to moderators, click on d report button.

Calling someone a bigot without proof is an insult.

Thanks sha, everyone can see who the real "bigot" is.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by sino(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2013
bukatyne: My post will not be offensive.

This issue has been addressed, the colour of the hijab must match the colour of the school uniform just like the beret and cardigan.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2013
sino:
This issue has been addressed, the colour of the hijab must match the colour of the school uniform just like the beret and cardigan.

That's cool. smiley
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

Calling someone a bigot without proof is an insult.

Thanks sha, everyone can see who the real "bigot" is.

eeeya. i am sorry to hurt ur feelings.

can we be friends? grin
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

eeeya. i am sorry to hurt ur feelings.

can we be friends? grin

No biggie.

No probs wink
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by bukatyne(f): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

why would she be beaten. how does the lenght of her hijab affect her studies?

I wonder why people think they should have control over other people's lives.

how are you, btw grin

Nobody is controlling anybody's life dear.

Some christians believe that a woman cutting her hair is shameful yet we have a lot of schools where ladies cut their hair and christians attend.

Some denominations like Deeper life, Redeemed, MFM etc preach against trousers from the Bible yet their members wear trousers during NYSC.

The moment a student decides to attend a school where any form of religious identification (Hijab, Rosary, Ifa cap/stick, Beads etc) are not allowed, he/she have subjected him/herself under the rules and regulations of that school and must abide by it.

I am sure that disobedience of authorities (School, Governmental etc) is a sin in Islam.

I am good and you?
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2013
Nigeria is a secular society, religion should be separated from day to day life.

There are no hard and fast rules,in your space( your house, your hotel, your property) you are allowed to dress how you want, same as in mine. But when we come to a public place say as a school then we should by all means use reason to agree upon what I find offensive and what you find offensive. We should come to a common ground that leaves no room whatsoever for any religious side to have an edge.

So lets say I embrace a traditional worship that does not allow women wear clothes over their chests. In my religion we see breasts as the twin peaks of sheba and there to make men inspired through the day. It would be my constitutional right to practice this within the confines of my house, or even if I decide to borrow Okija_juju's shrine (I am sure he will not mind). The question is will you as a parent allow a female worshiper of my tradition attend a school your kids attend dressed or should I say undressed like that? I doubt, you have every right to say hey this upsets me. So what do we do?

We come up with a UNIFORM meaning something we all agree and we all share in common, we say hey if you are going to be seen in this public place that is a school, you have to wear a white shirt, white shorts or skirt, white socks and sandals. Your hair must be cut clean or neatly woven, there would be no weavons for those who worship the gods of brazillian hair, no make up for those that worship the gods of Mary kay, ear rings should not dangle for those that worship the gods of Jewelry, no necklaces, rosaries etc etc etc. Thats the UNIFORM!

Any muslim who is a real Nigerian and wants the rights of religions to be protected can surely see how this should be in the benefit of all. If you feel the hijab is compulsory then you can take your wards to a muslim school where wearing the Hijab is part of the UNIFORM, its that simple. But in public spaces, no religion should be allowed to take center stage because anything in their fate is compulsory.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Paschal007: 10:04am On Mar 07, 2013
^^Their right to wear the hijab to public schools is enshrined in the Lagos constitution
Babadeen:

No biggie.

No probs wink
Abdulsleek you no dey tire? Lol
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 10:06am On Mar 07, 2013
Paschal007: Abdulsleek you no dey tire? Lol

smiley
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by BetaThings: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2013
I always wonder why Christians are particular about Muslims wearing Hijab
What exactly does it remove from Christianity? Muslims say it is compulsory. So what is the matter?
I don't have any problem with a nun in their special attire.

A few years ago, Dr (Mrs) Okereke-Onyiuke banned Hijab-wearing stockbrokers from appearing on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
A stockbroker is not an employee of the stock exchange. He/she is employed by her firm and only goes to the NSE to trade
At the time the brokers affected were employed by various firms including Stanbic-IBTC. The employers did not complain about their dressing. It was only the NSE (or Dr Onyiuke) that had issues with it
We should note that international firms often operate in countries where wearing the hijab is common
So if it did not (and still doe not) not bother Stanbic - a South African bank - what exactly was the problem?
It took appeal to the council of the NSE for Dr Onyiuke to rescind her decision and allow the brokers to trade on the NSE
Without that reprieve those brokers might have lost their job since a broker who cannot go to the floor to trade is not so useful since remote trading from their offices might not be possible for all brokers employed by a firm

These incidents just point to some level of intolerance of Christians who appear to be accommodating when they don't have "power" to enforce their needlessly-hostile attitude

Afterall under the same Dr Okere Onyiuke, male stockbrokers traded on the floors of the NSE in the North wearing traditional attire without any loss to the NSE, the brokers, their employers and their clients

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Nobody is controlling anybody's life dear.

Some christians believe that a woman cutting her hair is shameful yet we have a lot of schools where ladies cut their hair and christians attend.

Some denominations like Deeper life, Redeemed, MFM etc preach against trousers from the Bible yet their members wear trousers during NYSC.

The moment a student decides to attend a school where any form of religious identification (Hijab, Rosary, Ifa cap/stick, Beads etc) are not allowed, he/she have subjected him/herself under the rules and regulations of that school and must abide by it.

I am sure that disobedience of authorities (School, Governmental etc) is a sin in Islam.

I am good and you?

that christians change their religion to suit happenings around them doesnt mean muslims shld do d same.

muslims are forever distinct. we will have our ways eventually-fact!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by deols(f): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2013
Paschal007: ^^Their right to wear the hijab to public schools is enshrined in the Lagos constitution Abdulsleek you no dey tire? Lol

caught again..lol

d deen in d name speaks it all..

u dont do deen and act against d deen. wolf in human skin

shouldav figured out earlier but d clown was even askn d mod to speak wv d mod..shoooosh.
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Babadeen(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2013
deols:

caught again..lol

d deen in d name speaks it all..

u dont do deen and act against d deen. wolf in human skin

shouldav figured out earlier but d clown was even askn d mod to speak wv d mod..shoooosh.

smiley

I don suffer smiley
Re: Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings: I always wonder why Christians are particular about Muslims wearing Hijab
What exactly does it remove from Christianity? Muslims say it is compulsory. So what is the matter?
I don't have any problem with a nun in their special attire.

A few years ago, Dr (Mrs) Okereke-Onyiuke banned Hijab-wearing stockbrokers from appearing on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
A stockbroker is not an employee of the stock exchange. He/she is employed by her firm and only goes to the NSE to trade
At the time the brokers affected were employed by various firms including Stanbic-IBTC. The employers did not complain about their dressing. It was only the NSE (or Dr Onyiuke) that had issues with it
We should note that international firms often operate in countries where wearing the hijab is common
So if it did not (and still doe not) not bother Stanbic - a South African bank - what exactly was the problem?
It took appeal to the council of the NSE for Dr Onyiuke to rescind her decision and allow the brokers to trade on the NSE
Without that reprieve those brokers might have lost their job since a broker who cannot go to the floor to trade is not so useful since remote trading from their offices might not be possible for all brokers employed by a firm

These incidents just point to some level of intolerance of Christians who appear to be accommodating when they don't have "power" to enforce their needlessly-hostile attitude

Afterall under the same Dr Okere Onyiuke, male stockbrokers traded on the floors of the NSE in the North wearing traditional attire without any loss to the NSE, the brokers, their employers and their clients
Wanton dishonesty!
The NSE is a public space, its not a mosque a church or a shrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Wrote Sahih Bukhari, Obviously Not Imam Al-bukhari? / The Black Man And His Allah / Who Is/are Your Favourite Muslim Scholar(s) Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.