Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549415 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
yoyo the first: Guy easy o make d weight lifter no ko bounce on u ooo

thats yoyo my first lady advising me.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by jaymichael(m): 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
"na me dem dey call Baba
Jay, SO I DEY FOR INSIDE THIS STORY. na coincidence sha. na BABA JAY them dey call me for my street. FLOW BABA!! you too much.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by jaymichael(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
GOSH!! THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST PRAYER I HAVE EVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY. FLOW, NA WHICH ONE BE ""TELEVISION YANSH"" AGAIN NA?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by beycitee(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
i dey gbadun every seconds of ur flow.....u ar a good writer...keep it up.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by arizona145(m): 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Oga flow if your type is found two in one institution, mehn I can only imagine what would happen to the ladies Nyash. You are better than I initally thought. Flow on!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donifez(m): 2:47am On Mar 09, 2013
That your L101 and L102 dey bring back memories ooh grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 2:48am On Mar 09, 2013
One bag of cement is to twelve headpans of sand is to Ten headpans of thick gravel, was the ratio of mixture.

Man and Ochagbuorie were to dress the concrete floor, while the rest of us were to mix and pour. It was all man for himself because the number of bags you mix would determine the amount you would be paid at the end of the day. The "international standard" price for mixing and pouring a bag was 600naira.

It wasn't as easy as i tot. Though i was inexperience in mixing, i quickly learnt from "the master" Igbakwambo. I saw from the corner of my eyes that Brainbox was still packing sand, while i had already started mixing. "so naso u lazy" i almost shouted at Brainbox. Madam Ifeoma stood close while we were packing, she counted the number of headpans we carried, making sure no one cheated. Igbakwambo was working as fast as the speed of light, as if he was a graduate of first class in "kponkponology". "Igbakwambo!! N'agba mbo nwanne!!" Ochagbuorie hailed.

Before i could say Jack Robinson, Igbakwambo was on his fourth bag, he did the work with so much dexterity and gusto. Meanwhile, i was on my second bag while Brainbox was still on his first bag.

My legs were getting hot due to the effect of the moisture on it. I was working fast so as to catch up with Igbakwambo, not knowing i would soon regret ever coming to do kponpon.

Mehn!! The mixture was very heavy to carry. Though i was putting on a face cap, it was as if i was carrying it on my bare head. My neck couldn't move again, i was walking like a Robot. I was on my Fourth bag, Igbakwambo was on his Seventh bag, Brainbox was on his second bag. Instead of me to give up the chase oweing to the fact that there was no way i could catch up with Igbakwambo, i was still pulling "Superman" stunt.

I was tired and hungry, but i still endured. As i placed the headpan full to the brim with "rice and beans" on my head, i heard a bone crack in my neck, "abi my neck bone don break?" i asked myself. Before i finished asking myself that question.................................... "puuuuuuuuuaaaaarr" the rice and beans i was carrying on my head poured on my body making me fall to the ground.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:02am On Mar 09, 2013
don ifez: That your L101 and L102 dey bring back memories ooh grin

ehen, u do those kin thing? shocked
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:09am On Mar 09, 2013
some people no dey sleep oh. See time wey i post the last update and i still see:

Viewing this topic: justmenoni, 5guest(s)
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by justmenoni: 3:20am On Mar 09, 2013
Sleep for where,i don refresh tire,no be u keep me awaited alongside anoda thread from blue eyes,i beg update sharply oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by buskeske: 3:43am On Mar 09, 2013
Sleep ke? Going to visit my son in school in
The morning, so I decided to get enough of flow
Now because I might not come to Nairaland until later
In the day.
You and Mazi don become daily dose for me o!

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emyo(m): 5:00am On Mar 09, 2013
Emperortj93: **just walkin b d syd of flow's thread** *saw a very very familiar face** kai, no b mazi (king of literature section) b dat *run out to mobilize crowd* oya make una tak am go him thread sharpali so dat e go continue tori cus guys can't fit wait o... Btw dodorima to flowbaba and egede 2 al him fans
I must confess I like the way mazi and flow tell their stories, fun, laughter and suspense.

Tah, when you say its a good literature, maybe it is to nairaland wat traffic is to blog sites but the fact remain, it is not justifiable under literature.

Can I recommend this to my dad, lecturer and friends?
When I think of the decay in our society's act of reading I thought of YAN as a savior.
I think so deep of how to improve the standard of reading in our society.
Comedy can always be written in english.

Mtchew, I know one day I will be rich, wise and a better writer.
I will improve the standards.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 6:48am On Mar 09, 2013
Emyo: I must confess I like the way mazi and flow tell their stories, fun, laughter and suspense.

Tah, when you say its a good literature, maybe it is to nairaland wat traffic is to blog sites but the fact remain, it is not justifiable under literature.

Can I recommend this to my dad, lecturer and friends?
When I think of the decay in our society's act of reading I thought of YAN as a savior.
I think so deep of how to improve the standard of reading in our society.
Comedy can always be written in english.

Mtchew, I know one day I will be rich, wise and a better writer.
I will improve the standards.

and i will say AMEN to that
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by plainmirror(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2013
Flow1759 (still i flow) tualee!!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Coldfaya(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2013
Choi......mixing rice n beans no b moi-moi ooo. Abeg wen u stand up and ur neck no break, just close for d day u hear..
Nice writeup
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2013
The next thing i saw was four men pouring water on me. I initially tot they were the host of heaven. I tot i was in heaven. One thing for sure was that you can't see bags of cement in heaven. I wasn't in heaven, i was in the store house where bags of cement were stored.

"wetin bring me come here na? Work don finish?" i asked at the same time. "work never finish oh, we think say u don die oh, u fall for where u dey work" Brainbox said. "but u don fall my hand oh, why u no tell me say u no get power na" Man said. "why u dey talk like dis na, shey i be like lazy person?" i responded.

The other guys went to continue working while i and Brainbox sat eating "bons" we bought from a snacks seller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2013
Flow nawao, u wan pursue d master of concrete

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by deesnipes(f): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Wat is happening now? Wey oga flow?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ejaisky: 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
buskeske:
You and Mazi don become daily dose for me o!
Something tell me flow is Mazi and Mazi is Flow. Just my thought though.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by princesa(f): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
*seats down, open a can of coke and box of popcorn to eat* cool

i have a feeling this is gonna be a 'comfortable' thread......
though am having a hard time telling the characters apart, with all that funny and strange names

in btw, is this thing fiction or not?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donifez(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
flow1759:

ehen, u do those kin thing? shocked

omo i do am ooh,in a coded way.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ejaisky:
Something tell me flow is Mazi and Mazi is Flow. Just my thought though.

make una wake Ejaisky oh, him dey sleep oh, how i go be mazi?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
make una no vex oh, i go drink 1759, Na for one party oh. So my next update would be under the influence of alcohol, i don high.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ejaisky: 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
flow1759:

make una wake Ejaisky oh, him dey sleep oh, how i go be mazi?
Sleep? Abeg update and go straight to the main gist.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dayleke: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
@Flow,rice and beans no go kill u o,
If t@t@ no kill u for "ibo boy wey..." and Igbo no kill u b4
y u think rice n beans go kill u?
I beg dey flow dey go,I dey gbadun u jo.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dazzy4real(m): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omo flow м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ω̴̩̩̩̥Α first timer for tgis U̶̲̥̅̊я thread buh I don hear abt U̶̲̥̅̊ tire so I go dy follow U̶̲̥̅̊ Ooº°ooo°ºoo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dayleke: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
@Ejaisky,
Dnt say everything dat passes thru ur mind out loud,I understand your thoughts about Flow n Mazi....
Ssshhhh....
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dayleke: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
@HNB,
Nothing much,I dey jare..
Seems we have d same taste for "good" stories...lol

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
Flow ride on jooor.... I don laugh tire...
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by viciati(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Baba flow...i dey fil u die.oya update
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ejaisky: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
dayleke: @Ejaisky,
Dnt say everything dat passes thru ur mind out loud,I understand your thoughts about Flow n Mazi....
Ssshhhh....
Mouth sealed.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by plainmirror(m): 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
flow1759: make una no vex oh, i go drink 1759, Na for one party oh. So my next update would be under the influence of alcohol, i don high.
Flow na em go ♍aKƸ̵ sense pass sef *un2 highnexx* am chilling out wif ma own 1759 (medium)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.