Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549593 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
flow1759:

I don hear na. I don correct am na.

because of one mistake wey una notice nahim una no gree me rest.

If i no update quick, una go say why i no update quick. If i update quick una go say mistake dey am.

You can't just satisfy human beings.
lol. Humans for you. Just do a good job and be satisfied with yourself after critical analysis. Daz all!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
The next morning as we were preparing for work, Tega came in.

He came with so many goodies.

Ranging from Fruit juice to meat pie to Ice cream, to Suya.

"Tega where you bring all this things from na?" Brainbox asked as we were munching the huge meat pie. "na thief i thief am" Tega answered him perfectly.

The best answer to such f'oolish question.

We took a pack of the Fruit juice with us and we were off to work.

As we came out of the compound, We met Tupac with a Lady, the same lady that came for Mbonchi the previous day.

On seeing us, Tupac left the Lady and came to us saying, "guys make una help me with 500naira make i complete the money wey i wan give dis girl for transport, she dey go back Akwa". "i no get money" Brainbox said at the top of his voice. "i no get money" Man also said.

"Flow, u nkor?" Tupac asked. I wanted to say "i no get money" also, but i had money with me and there was no need lying. And it was best i saved a friend in need.

"take, u go give me back oh" I offered Tupac 500naira. "thank you, if u come back from work, i go give u" Tupac assured.
I wondered what he would have done had he not met us.

Tupac wasn't working, Bigie also wasn't working. Sorry, Bigie was a professional pick pocket, an expert in pilfering and a professor of looting, that was his job. But what was Tupac's Job? Was my question.

How he managed to fort the bills of his numerous girlfriends marvelled me.

I promised myself i would find out more about Tupac.

We suddenly saw Solid Block industry truck drove towards us. The same block Industry Kate entered the other day.

"guys make we Tamoh this truck na" I suggested to my guys. "wetin be Tamoh?" Man asked me.

"when we reach there u go know" I answered him the way he loved answering such important question, and Brainbox laughed.

I knew Brainbox understood what Tamoh meant because he grew up partly in Lagos.

Tamoh was a Lagos slang that meant to hang on a moving vehicle. It should be Yoruba.

I ran very fast after the truck and hung with a perfect dexterity, Brainbox followed. On seeing us, Man understood what Tamoh meant, so he joined us.

The truck driver knew us so he held his peace.

The three of us hung on the truck like the picture perfect touts we were.

As the truck increased speed, i was wondering what would happen if one of us fell off.

I assured myself that that couldn't happen. Since we were kponkponist, it shouldn't be difficult to clung to a moving truck, so i tot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hmmm, abeg o. This last 'so I tot' get as e sound Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO .
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Edmanpumpin(m): 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
Tamo is sure a yoruba word meaning leap&hold-unto.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
brokoto: Hmmm, abeg o. This last 'so I tot' get as e sound Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO .

Brokoto, u dey fear?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
Edmanpumpin: Tamo is sure a yoruba word meaning leap&hold-unto.

correct!!
Omo Yoruba ni e. Abi beko?

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by mosquitoNet(m): 12:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Bros Flow, I dey hail oh!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by MrAnoTi(m): 12:55am On Apr 13, 2013
;DHope say na yu go fall sha
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donifez(m): 12:56am On Apr 13, 2013
As a confirm street guy man need to tamo, but no try tamo wicked man motor ooh
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 6:55am On Apr 13, 2013
MrAnoTi: ;DHope say na yu go fall sha

Mr Anoti!
Naso u hate me reach?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Khayil(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2013
U suppose don kw say na Man Go Fall!!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2013
Kip flowing dude
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ishilove: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2013
brokoto: lol. Humans for you. Just do a good job and be satisfied with yourself after critical analysis. Daz all!
If there wasn't any cause for complain, would his fans complain?

Mr Flow, if you want your writing to go places, I suggest you open yourself to constructive criticisms. The update was fraught with errors which they pointed out...DEAL WITH IT and don't complain about human beings.

I am one of the writers here who by God's grace and practice, have been able to pen down some pieces that people have appreciated. However, I had this challenge. I was always intermixing 'been' and 'being'. My followers kept on nagging me constantly about it until I was able to master it and now I don't mix them up again. Sometimes I spend hours writing and when I post, some people come and point out the errors without mincing words. I listen and I don't make the same mistakes again.

Criticism makes us examine our work more critically and helps us become better. I haven't gone through this thread completely, but the few pages I've read are fraught with errors. I will not spare you, I will point them out in black and white when I have the time.

Peace.

6 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by esere826: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2013
^^^
behold the gal done dey mature like well brewed beer
Its time to drink her
*yummy yummy*
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ishilove: 11:48am On Apr 13, 2013
esere826: ^^^
behold the gal done dey mature like well brewed beer
Its time to drink her
*yummy yummy*
Esere, You need a sanctification of your spiritman embarassed
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Ishilove:

Mr Flow, if you want your writing to go places, I suggest you open yourself to constructive criticisms. The update was fraught with errors which they pointed out...DEAL WITH IT and don't complain about human beings.

I am one of the writers here who by God's grace and practice, have been able to pen down some pieces that people have appreciated. However, I had this challenge. I was always intermixing 'been' and 'being'. My followers kept on nagging me constantly about it until I was able to master it and now I don't mix them up again. Sometimes I spend hours writing and when I post, some people come and point out the errors without mincing words. I listen and I don't make the same mistakes again.

Criticism makes us examine our work more critically and helps us become better. I haven't gone through this thread completely, but the few pages I've read are fraught with errors. I will not spare you, I will point them out in black and white when I have the time.

Peace.
gbam!

The madamé has spoken!!

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by esere826: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Ishilove:
Esere, You need a sanctification of your spiritman embarassed
2mrw is Sunday
I will follow your advise after first corking and uncorking your delicious brew (no pun intended)

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2013
wtf u feeling like G...aint u happy u been corrected or aint that the main reason we reading it..or u feel evry1 here reads to just laff & all of it..Keep calm and listen to critics..it breaks u or make u..its breaking u already tho !!!

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ishilove: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2013
esere826:
2mrw is Sunday
I will follow your advise after first corking and uncorking your delicious brew (no pun intended)
Esere, you need Jesus!! embarassed shocked
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by esere826: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ishilove:
Esere, you need Jesus!! embarassed shocked

sista ishi
why do you allow ur spiritwoman to wander far afield
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
I had always been a good "Tamoher". Tamoh was in born because i grew up in the ghetto.

But that day Tamoh failed me. Or would i say i failed Tamoh.

I clung to the truck with my right hand and held the Fruit juice with my left hand.

All of a sudden, the Fruit Juice fell from my hand to the ground, and the content exploded on the road. "Flow you don pour our Five alive for ground, u don f''uck up" Brainbox yelled at me.

"i don f''uck up true true oh" I said.

Little did i know that worse problem was yet to come.

The truck driver was moving at a very high speed that i was wondering if he was drunk.

Don't drink and drive, they say. But legend has it that if you smoke weed, you would drive as fast as if you were on a F1 race Championship. You could even win the Championship if u wish. If only the F1 race athletes knew about "igboh", they would take like five wraps to increase their l'ibido before the start of every race.

The truck driver was driving that fast because he was a student of Paapa weed secondary school, Nekede, Owerri. I had seen him there before. Maybe he went for early morning "weedioly" lecture before hiting the road. Just maybe.

We got close to a pot hole, yet he drove faster. I was dead frightened. The truck galloped as it reached the pot hole, sending a discordant tune down my brain. Not only that.

My hands failed me.

I lost my grib.

A car was moving at a high speed behind us.

I heard my heart almost burst my solar plexus open.

I was gonna die, or so i tot.

"Am coming home Lord" i said in my mind.

In my mind's eyes, i saw myself in heaven.

All these were unfolding within split seconds.

Within split seconds also, Brainbox skillfully grabbed me by my T-shirt and pulled me back. I was saved by the bell.

I was saved by Brainbox.

The same Brainbox i almost poisoned with Urine.

He grabbed me with so much Dexterity i must say. Little wonder he told me while we were at Umunkoto that he had worked as a bus Conductor in Lagos before he got admission into the University, i never believed him then.

But I could now believe.

I found back my grib, as i managed to clung to the truck, even though i was as fidgety as Baba jay the Epilepsy victim.

"oga driver take am easy oh, na human beings dey here, no be goat" Man yelled at the driver.

"na me carry una enter my motor? Who tell una to hang there?" the driver responded.

"naso person dey die oh" i said to myself, as i saw that my T-shirt was torn.

Better for me to the n''aked than for me to be gone.

"because dead body no dey mix rice and beans"

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by esere826: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
@Op

u better apologize to madam b4 u continue writing ur story o
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ishilove:

Peace.

Sisterly na you be Madam at the top.

But i want to let you know something.

I am not disputing the fact that u are the "queen" of literature/writing. I and not also disputing the fact that you are a picture perfect grammarian(that kin Patrick Ibiagbadon type). Me no dey blow gramma like you oh. But i dey try sha(that kin Patience Jonathan)

But if you go back to that post you would notice i ACCEPTED and CORRECTED. And i also thanked the person that corrected me.

Know this, if u give your fans the chance, they would correct every word you type. Am an easy going man. Correct me, i accept it. Even if it is a negative criticism, i would take it with a pinch of salt.

Mind you, before i post every update, i view it from the eyes of a critic.

For God sakes, nobody is above mistake.

PS: Why must you torch light my mistakes. Why?

4 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
iTipC: wtf u feeling like G...aint u happy u been corrected or aint that the main reason we reading it..or u feel evry1 here reads to just laff & all of it..Keep calm and listen to critics..it breaks u or make u..its breaking u already tho !!!

Am not feeling like a Gaint, neither am i not accepting corrections.

Make i tell u something.

I am so hard knocks that such corrections can't break me. Dem dey break Iron r'od?

See the kin person wey i be: i be the kin person wey, even if u put sand sand for my garri, i go drink the garri like that. As far as no be me put the sand sand for the garri by myself. Thats my persona.

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by drsolob(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
flow1759: .

because we want u to go places with ur talent.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
drsolob: because we want u to go places with ur talent.

ok thank you so much. You guys made me what i am today.

Lemme cease dis opportunity to say Thank you to all my Fans. Both stand fan and ceiling fan. Una too much.

U guys should correct me when the need be. And i am ready to learn from my corrections.

Una thank you. Words are not enough to thank you guys.

I thank you guys Alphabetically from A for alfablondy to Y for Yuzedo(Z no dey oh)

Even the likes of Bigflamie. I still thank you.

Una too much. Una too mucher. Infact Una to muchest.

STILL I FLOW.

6 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ishilove: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
flow1759:

Sisterly na you be Madam at the top.

But i want to let you know something.

I am not disputing the fact that u are the "queen" of literature/writing. I and not also disputing the fact that you are a picture perfect grammarian(that kin Patrick Ibiagbadon type). Me no dey blow gramma like you oh. But i dey try sha(that kin Patience Jonathan)

But if you go back to that post you would notice i ACCEPTED and CORRECTED. And i also thanked the person that corrected me.

Know this, if u give your fans the chance, they would correct every word you type. Am an easy going man. Correct me, i accept it. Even if it is a negative criticism, i would take it with a pinch of salt.

Mind you, before i post every update, i view it from the eyes of a critic.

For God sakes, nobody is above mistake.

Your post drips of sarcasm. i will pretend i didn't notice.

I will highlight your mistakes because, like drsolob wrote, we want yoo go far with your talent. We will not damn your work with faint praise.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kip it on
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ishilove:
Your post drips of sarcasm. i will pretend i didn't notice.

I will highlight your mistakes because, like drsolob wrote, we want yoo go far with your talent. We will not damn your work with faint praise.

Do just that, am waiting.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Flow, make I go call Larrysun come? The guy own worse pass o!

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by FKO1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
FLOW U NOR GO KILL PERSON.,ABEG CORRECT UR MISTAKE U WRITE SWEET AS SWEAT
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 2NDACCT(f): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
STILL I FLOW

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.