Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,468 members, 7,854,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (551171 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2013
Lanceslot: @tex dis ur pidgin get as e dey sound oo.... Anyway u dey try.
I have only been speaking it for a few months. I go learn.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
@Flow, madam ifeoma awaits
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2013
"Flow where you dey? You dey house?" the caller asked.

"i no dey house, i dey work" my tongue slipped.

"you no tell me say you don dey work na, which work be that?" the caller asked.

"mehn, i dey work part time as Deputy Supervisor for one contruction company oh" I told a lie.

"which company be that?" he was asking too many questions.

"the name of the Company na.................." I was thinking of a befitting name.

"na Chinese company oh" I informed. "ehnnnnn! Wetin be the name of the Chinese company na?" he was curious.

"the name na MI Tupacokpatalico" I figured out a perfect name.

"MI Tupacokpatalico!! Which kin name be that?" he giggled.

"nahim make me first tell you say na Chinese company na" I said.

In such situation, forming a name wasn't difficult for me at all. The "MI" stood for "Madam Ifeoma", and since i told him it was a Chinese name, i thought it would sound Chinese if i combined "Tupaco" and "Kpatalico" to form Tupacokpatalico.

Tupacokpatalico!! A mouthful indeed.

Imagine a stammerer trying to pronounce "Tupacokpatalico", it would take him/her ages to pronounce, he/she might chew his/her tongue in the process.

Talking of "she", i have never seen a "she" stammerer before. If una don see, make una tell me whether she fine or she worwor. Or is stammering a "Male only" thing? because i had seen so many Male stammerers.

Notable amongst the Male stammerers i had seen was Emmanuel. Na una say make i no dey talk tori of wetin happen when i small na, if not, Emmanuel tori for make una laf tayah.

"i no know say Chinese company dey for this Owerri oh" He doubted.

"e dey na, na new Company wey just open" I said.

"okay oh, i just wan tell you say exam timetable don come out, and Phy412 na tomorrow" He informed.

"you mean am!" I was shocked.

"i mean am na, and you know say na only you dey write that one, i no dey write am" He said what i already knew.

"you dey read so?" He asked. "yes i dey read" I answered.

I was reading in Kponkpon Site, with empty Cement sacks as my books and Shovel as my Pen.

"no wahala, that laptop wey you sell for me, i go give you the complete money next week, e get money wey i dey expect" He concluded.

"no wahala, you be my man na" I said.

"okay na, write the exam well oh" Nas advised and hung up.

Of course the exam would be written well, written with the help of Mgbo reminder a.k.a chop and clean mouth.

"Flow why you no fit read your book? Read and you go pass" I know the bookworms amongst you would ask. Well, my answer to you guys would be; "e concern una? Shebi na my toroh".

"toroh" means Business. "shebi na my toroh" interpreted to English is "thats my business".

That was indeed my business. My business to fail Phy412.

God forbid!! If i could pass Phy411, then i would certainly pass Phy412 which was easier. Phy411 was the 411 of Physics.

I saw the call summary that Nas spoke to me for 7minutes. "this boy get money oh, see how many minutes wey him follow me talk" I tot. He had earlier told me he wanted to start Yahoo- yahoo.

I put my phone back into the pocket of my trouser that hung on the wall in the Changing room and went to join others working.

"guys we need to chop this s'hit well well oh" Man stated.

"you and who go chop s'hit?" I said to Man.

"na all of us na" He answered and smiled.

"i no follow una oh, how i go chop s'hit? I be Dog?" I queried.

"Mumu! Chop S'hit na the name wey dem dey call the plastering work wey we go do today" Man informed.

"Chop S'hit! Which kin name be that" I said.

"na the name wey all Kponkpon workers for Nigeria dey call plastering work, abi Igbakwambo no be so?" Man turned to Igbakwambo.

"naso na, na the name na, the s'hit dey dey two type; strong s'hit and soft s'hit" Igbakwambo answered.

"but today own na strong s'hit we go mix" He added.

"which one be strong s'hit again na?" I needed to know for the records.

"that kin s'hit na the s'hit wey you no go put plenty water when you dey mix am" Ochagbuorie answered.

"na strong s'hit Madam Ifeoma say make we mix oh" Man warned.

"where she dey sef?" I asked. "she say she wan enter bank go withdraw money" Brainbox said.

I ate Four bags of s'hit that day.

Brainbox ate Three bags of s'hit, and Ochagbuorie ate Seven bags. Man and Igbakwambo were dressing the s'hit for a more handsome amount.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2013
emma_best2000: Flow I thought you are Igbo ?

Mr Emma_best go back to the page you quoted that from, you will see i said i was mistaking "Obata Ofuo" for another language. Nobody is above mistake.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by adavetee(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Welldone Flowey!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Alhassanu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
Edit this place oga flow. Phy411 was the 411 of Physics.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Always a smile from me Flowey... smiley
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Habybullah(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Who can say TUPACOKPATALICO 7x without blabbing..? @Flow we bn get one female stammerer like that when I bn de secondary schl sha... Very tall fine gal like that from Ikom in crossRiver state. Infact I jst confrm frm her frnd now now say d babe don marry with a son sef n dat she stl stutters when angry.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Habybullah: Who can say TUPACOKPATALICO 7x without blabbing..? @Flow we bn get one female stammerer like that when I bn de secondary schl sha... Very tall fine gal like that from Ikom in crossRiver state. Infact I jst confrm frm her frnd now now say d babe don marry with a son sef n dat she stl stutters when angry.
I do stammer wen am angry
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
Alhassanu: Edit this place oga flow. Phy411 was the 411 of Physics.

It wasn't a mistake, I meant "four one one". Meaning Phy411 is what is happening in Physics.

411 means "what is happening".

Thanks for noticing sha.

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by fujirice: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
4kizo: I do stammer wen am angry
You be babe
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Flow, me don see babe wey dey stammer ooo. Her own be say, she go close her eyes dey try find the word wey she wan talk. She dey Ok sha, she no worwor she no beautiful. My Guy go say; she's just there..
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Lanceslot(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
texanomaly:
I have only been speaking it for a few months. I go learn.
u dey try small small , but u need to put more afford and make sound like waffi pidgin.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
Wizee: Flow, me don see babe wey dey stammer ooo. Her own be say, she go close her eyes dey try find the word wey she wan talk. She dey Ok sha, she no worwor she no beautiful. My Guy go say; she's just there..

She is just there!! Shey you go fit marry her?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Lanceslot(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
Flow woman stammerer dey o, there own even worst pass man own self.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by deji47: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
hmmmm!!! c as person phone take disappear o!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
fujirice:
You be babe
Am nt gal. Its natural, we gt dis brutal hot temper
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by MissFibre(f): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
4kizo: Am nt gal. Its natural, we gt dis brutal hot temper

How did you toast your current babe? Your English sucks man grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donigspain(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

Sorry, but I think you seriously do need help. SMH...
*toast = woo
*current = present
Thank me later.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

Miss_Fibre that was harsh, pls apologize.

Nobody is above mistake. I just discovered that i have been spelling "fool" as "foul" all thanks to Niaraland moderating foul words. And none of una correct me. I don correct am sha.

That goes a long way to show that nobody is above mistake.

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lanceslot: u dey try small small , but u need to put more afford and make sound like waffi pidgin.

I'm here. You could teach me. Maybe you can create a thread called "Teach Tex Pidgin" LOL People could write phrases and interpret them for me. My friends will need to "shine eye", so no one tries to put dirty words in my mouth. grin
btw: happy birthday
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by MissFibre(f): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
flow1759:

Nobody is above mistake. I just discovered that i have been spelling "fool" as "foul" all thanks to Niaraland moderating foul words. And none of una correct me. I don correct am sha.

Apology my fair a.r.s.e.... Which apology... Did you see what Donigspain did?

Abeg free me jor...

I can't catch fun again ba.... angry
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Floweee, Floweee, Floweee: Make we get 2 updates today...Abeg...(raises hands and looks to the sky) "Make una hear." LOLz
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeano(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
miss fibre, u had a peck in ur eye and den u wan remove frm anoda's eyes. U bit him over a small omission and den u made a greater blunder. C ur life outside. Smh, catchin fun my foot. Correct pipu in a beta way dan insults
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeano(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
texanomaly: Floweee, Floweee, Floweee: Make we get 2 updates today...Abeg...(raises hands and looks to the sky) "Make una hear." LOLz
lols, tex, who u dey refer to as "una" in dat context? Na God or angels?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Danhumprey: 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
flow1759:

Nobody is above mistake.I just discovered that i have been spelling "fool" as "foul" all thanks to Niaraland moderating foul words. And none of una correct me. I don correct am sha.

LMAO@the bolded. I noticed that too,but because I was late to catch up with the thread,I couldn't correct you from the start. Am surprised,all ur followers just come,read,digest,clean mouth and go,without even pointing out one or two mispelt words(I knw I'm guilty of dat,but will try to kip an eye on ur updates.)
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
opeano: lols, tex, who u dey refer to as "una" in dat context? Na God or angels?

Does it not mean him/her...I refer to Flow...did I get it wrong again...also Flow already update 2x today...maybe he will make it 3 grin
btw: @ opeano: how dey go dey go?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by egbonT: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
FLOW CARRY DEY GO cool
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Lanceslot(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
texanomaly:

I'm here. You could teach me. Maybe you can create a thread called "Teach Tex Pidgin" LOL People could write phrases and interpret them for me. My friends will need to "shine eye", so no one tries to put dirty words in my mouth. grin
btw: happy birthday
ok I will try, but I'm a new comer on nairaland, I don't know how to do some things here .... Maybe you should add me on fb let's start there...... Yeaaaaaahh its my birthdayyyy!smiley thank.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lanceslot: ok I will try, but I'm a new comer on nairaland, I don't know how to do some things here .... Maybe you should add me on fb let's start there...... Yeaaaaaahh its my birthdayyyy!smiley thank.
hahahaha! isn't that what yahoo boyz say? Not accusing you...I'm just sayin' cool. I do have a question though...If you want to talk to someone outside of NL, how does one do this without giving your info to everyone here?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeano(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
texanomaly:

Does it not mean him/her...I refer to Flow...did I get it wrong again...also Flow already update 2x today...maybe he will make it 3 grin
btw: @ opeano: how dey go dey go?
"una" means u all. Its a plural pronoun. And d context in which u used it suggests u were prayin to God in d highest. I dey do well o tex, hw dat syd na. U shld b around 2pm. Hw work ?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
opeano: "una" means u all. Its a plural pronoun. And d context in which u used it suggests u were prayin to God in d highest. I dey do well o tex, hw dat syd na. U shld b around 2pm. Hw work ?

Actually Texas is Central Time. It is 1pm. I'm a teacher. School is out for the summer. I am home. No school until August.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.