Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? (19805 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2007
in that case holding hands and hugging between two married people is fornication!! the hands are also a part of the body innit?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Lalas(m): 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2007
duuhh,

if u dont get it, i guess u wont jus get it,
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by debosky(m): 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2007
I get it alright dude, To each man his own, we'll all answer to God in the end smiley
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Bonie(m): 12:39am On Feb 16, 2007
Fornicaton actualy starts from sexual thought and immaginations from the heart, without thought there will be no romancing no kissing, so its all fonication, if you dont want to be; then dont do it
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by jgirl3: 6:23am On Feb 16, 2007
I won't say it is fornication exactly but it is a step towards fornication.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by acidrop(f): 7:06am On Feb 16, 2007
but God dosent care about the step towards fornication, but the fornication itself
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by pojutime(m): 7:57am On Feb 16, 2007
I think the point has been made. For you to want a distinction between those afore-mentioned acts means you have at least a little measure of the fear of God in your heart (I presume you're born-again). I can imagine how challenging it is when you're with your sweetheart and u guys wanna remain within the limits that the word of God prescribes.

Well, you guys shouldn't start cooking anything you won't be able to eat. Kissing and "romancing"- whatever that means just heightens your sexual desires which shouldn't be unless you're married. Just "hold bodi" or get married.

Ask the Holy Spirit to help you.

The above is "MY" opinion. And I believe its for your good.

Cheers.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by deor03(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2007
fornication starts from the heart. what happens in the physical is just a manifestation of what is on our mind. The mere thought of it is fornication. KISSING (mouth to mouth intensly) & ROMANCING in infact LEVEL 2 fornication. sexual intercourse could be LEVEL 3 or 4 .

all are act of fornication
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by flylove: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2007
does this also apply that kissing and romancing between a married man and unmarried woman; and a married woman and an umarried man is adultery?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by odada(m): 11:19am On Feb 16, 2007
watching thread with arms akimbojust wondering what the f**k is all this!if you are going to f**k then f**K and stop using pre-intimacy as an xcuse embarassed
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Abdul15: 11:50am On Feb 16, 2007
Lord forgive us.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by odada(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2007
@abdul
thanks alot for that elaborate and more practical explanation grin grin grin
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Brymore(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2007
If we will follow what the Bible says, what makes anything sin is the intention or motivation for such action. What this invariably means is that you can fornicate without kissing, necking, rimming, smooching or romancing. It might also probably mean that you can kiss without fornicating (depending on the motive behind the kissing). Imagine a scenario where this person(the opposite sex) has just been rescued from drowning and you are to resuscitate the person by the "mouth to mouth thing", would you call that fornication (This is just an attempt at looking at times when kissing might not have bad intentions and as such do not qualify as sin).
My summation; anytime you look (look in this context can be through mental images, viewing pictures, movies or the person proper) at the same or opposite sex with the aim of having some form of sexual gratification, you have fornicated.
If you can carry out the kissing and romancing action without thinking of having sex, then you have not fornicated. Note that fornication has to do with penetration. If there is no penetration, there is no fornication.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by kassim2(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2007
well,i believe u have the word of God with u,just search, u will get what u want.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by lolabaloo(f): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2007
the mind detemines which is which but 2 me romancing is fornication
. kissing to me would be fornication depending on what u'r thinking while doing it.
eg is kissing a baby fornication?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Brymore(m): 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2007
lola baloo:

the mind detemines which is which but 2 me romancing is fornication
. kissing to me would be fornication depending on what u'r thinking while doing it.
eg is kissing a baby fornication?

Kissing a baby can be fornication if u are doing it to gratify sexual desires. In fact, it is not good to kiss babies too much, else they grow up loving it and looking for whom to kiss at the slightest provocation. wink

#Candid Submission#
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2007
kISSING A BABY IS FORNICATION? hOW THE BLACK MAN'S MIND THINKS -
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by LadyT(f): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2007
Brymore:

Kissing a baby can be fornication if u are doing it to gratify sexual desires. In fact, it is not good to kiss babies too much, else they grow up loving it and looking for whom to kiss at the slightest provocation. wink

#Candid Submission#

You are weird. Only pedophiles kiss children for sexual gratification! There should be no limit to the love a parent, carer or relative shows to a child. If they can convey their love in kisses then so be it. Get your mind out of the gutter. Your mother kissing you is nothing like playing tonsil tennis with your boyfriend/girlfriend!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by debosky(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2007
lol at tonsil tennis

I maintain, if the intention is NOT to have sexual intercourse (i.e. a predetermined decision not to have sex) and it is done in an honorable way to express

your affection for another person (not randomly or just because you lust for it), kissing and 'romancing' (whatever that means) is NOT fornication.

the root motive is the key here, if you do NOT intend to have sex and you keep to your predetermined limits, you have not fornicated.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by luzgarb(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2007
IT MAY NOT LIKE FORNICATION IN THE REAL SENSE I.E INTERCOURSE OUTSIDE MARRIAGE, BUT IT IS A SIN BECAUSE THE BIBLE TOLD US TO "FLEE EVERY APPEARANCE OF EVIL".
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Creamish(f): 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2007
Kissing ur Fiance isnt fornication, kissing just anybody is,
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Lalas(m): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2007
laughing my lungs out!!

@brymore,
When u want to quote the Bible, Quote the book, chapter and verse, it makes it easier for pple to believe, u cant jus say that the Bible says intention is as good fornication.
If we will follow what the Bible says, what makes anything sin is the intention or motivation for such action. What this invariably means is that you can fornicate without kissing, necking, rimming, smooching or romancing.

i havent checked, but i'm not sure the Bible says it out in black and white,
i'll let u do the work of searching and thus proving ur point, no harm intended,
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 2:49am On Feb 17, 2007
Yes it is
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by chuksm2001(m): 5:57am On Feb 17, 2007
If fornication can be committed in the mind, ie just by the thought of it. Then why shouldn't actual kissing and actual intense kissing of another that is not yours be fornication. Be very careful o wink
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by chuksm2001(m): 6:14am On Feb 17, 2007
If fornication can be committed in the mind, ie just by the thought of it. Then why shouldn't actual kissing and actual intense romancing of another that is not yours be fornication. Be very careful o wink
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by acidrop(f): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2007
who said fornication in the mind is a sin undecided
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by agnesoseka: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2007
no,its part of crying,
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by daprince: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2007
What a dumb question to ask!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by trinigirl1(f): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2007
this whole bloody thread is DUMB! angry
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by PMOjemba: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2007
My dia, what do you thinkOf course it is.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by crab(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2007
hi,
yes.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by lagoshost(m): 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2007
Yes, it is says the man in charge of lagoshost.com .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Created God? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most?? / Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.