Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? (19808 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by dekunle(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2007
read matthew 5:28, but i say to you,that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in her heart.The bible standard remains whether we like it or not.lf lustful looking is a sin,then kissing and romancing are sin.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by cnimo4love(m): 4:06am On Feb 18, 2007
The actof kissing and Romancing depends on the state of mind and agreement between both lover birds.
I Believe from My own view that what i term Sin is Sin if i do it against our will. if i agreewith my love bird that to greaase our relationship we should add kissing then it is no sin if we both agree and keep to that standard but on the contrary if we do not agree to doing it and i impose it on her then it is Selfishness wish is Sin So kissing and Romancing without fornication is dependant on the level of agreement the love birds stand to
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Blow(m): 11:05am On Feb 18, 2007
Fornication refers disapprovingly to any "sexual activity" outside of the confines of marriage, obviously including pre-marital sex. Sometimes adultery is considered a type of fornication.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fornication
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Boome2(f): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2007
Hmmm, my ex and I were together for a year and we kissed bt sex neva crossed my mind. That topic wasn't even an issue. After reading the posts i must have committed fornication as well, sad
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by acidrop(f): 2:20am On Feb 19, 2007
daprince:

What a dumb question to ask!

wat a dumb answer 2 give, so were in d bible does it say that it is a sin
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by lolabaloo(f): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2007
Hmmm, my ex and I were together for a year and we kissed bt sex never crossed my mind. That topic wasn't even an issue. After reading the posts i must have committed fornication as well,

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh boom-e stop these, i dont have to judge you. but a blind man would have known that if both of you were not there, then he was almost there. were you able to read your ex mind? please read in between the lines, because you are just so lucky. wink fornication is fornication which i believe to me includes lust.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 9:06am On Feb 20, 2007
Its bibically nt right in anyway u know.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by kenfidelis: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Abeg Nija make we stop to deceive our selfs. make i tell you any thing that has to go close to sex is sin. the bible says our body is the temple of the holy spirit. and the temple of the holy spirit is not what you play with or joke with. if your body na Aso rock when them for they share money you no go ever think say anything na kiss or romance. come to talk of the temple of the holy spirit when God lives in abaaaaaaaaa my we try think abeg. sin is sin. funicatin will only distroy your futhure and your generation abeg afgain, abeg make you just grab watin i they talk anyhow even thou he be as he get , call me 08029468095.[/font][img]http://[/img][img]http://[/img][img][/img]
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2007
@Kenfidelis

To talk true na to decieve ourselves again?Na correct yarn
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Bolarge(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2007
People fail to realise that oftentimes (if not everytime) the sin precedes the act.
The sin is in the heart.This is a necessary precursor to the fusion of the sexual organs (the very act).
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Aiphie(f): 11:43am On Feb 20, 2007
Kissing and romancing is definitely not the same thing as fornication.Period.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by chinenyeB(f): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2007
all join,either major or minor!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2007
chinenye B:

all join,either major or minor!

Abi oh.Help me preach to them well.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by lumargin: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2007
I couldn't help it but had to post on this one, wtf

who gives a flying fig what whether kissing or 'romancing' are part of fornication !??

what age are you freaks living in?

This is what is holding Nigeria down, having churches on every street in Lagos cos people's conscience are held to ransom by so called 'Men of God'

Guys listen up, you can't continue all this self righteous bull s--t, its unproductive and intellectually retrogressive.

lets be more creative as a people, identify loop holes and proofer solutions.

improve systems, build yourselves

I believe in God and follow a single rule - DO TO OTHER AS YOU HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU

if so called self conscious 'religious people' lived by that rule, Nigeria would be a much better place to live in.

I don't know but we need a revolutionary mindset focused on improving ourselves and well being.

my thoughts, only my thoughts.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by MerC2(f): 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2007
This sh*t is funny man!! cheesy

I don't care what anybody says, I just cannot imagine being with ma boyfriend for such a long time and not even kissing him. WTF? Are we wood?
Fornication or not fornication, I must kiss ma boyfriend and it is not a sin!!! What the hell's romancing anyways? I don't understand that word,
Is that one of them Nigerian terms again?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by lizzy47(f): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2007
whatever that leads to sin is part of sin therefore it is sin  undecided tongue so no need to paint words we all know the difference of kissing a baby and an adult. grin
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Brymore(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ LadyT,

I was just trying to let the 'postee' know that there are situations where kissing a baby is sin.
Thank God you know of the existence of pedophiles, U did not have to insult me.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Brymore(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2007
And you Lalas, so many other people have decided to educate u on the Bible and wat is in it, so I'll just give u an advice;
Neva comment on something you know nothing about, you might end up giving yourself the wrong kind of publicity. In somebody else's words "Don't break the silence, Unless you can improve on it".
cool
#Candid Submission#
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2007
Mer-C:

This sh*t is funny man!! cheesy

I don't care what anybody says, I just cannot imagine being with ma boyfriend for such a long time and not even kissing him. WTF? Are we wood?
Fornication or not fornication, I must kiss ma boyfriend and it is not a sin!!! What the hell's romancing anyways? I don't understand that word,
Is that one of them Nigerian terms again?

Well for kissing am nt really sure i need to play tapes of d late Pastor Bimbo bt den Romancing(As in touch touch)is a sin.Kissing wont be a sin iif it doesnt lead to fornication.That point i believe.Besides y fornicate when u wld have loads of it later.Not the best.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Lalas(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2007
@brymore

so now u have spoken??
i was wondering if no one put the verse there if u would have undecided

wrong publicity?? undecidedWTF?? u dont know me, so what are u talkin about.??.
if u read the last statement i made, it reads 'no harm intended' so why all the clenching of fists??
u should know that being more specific with details drives home whatever point u are trying to make, not jus circling the block,

grow some chest hair!! wink
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by creamdream: 12:47am On Feb 22, 2007
YES!! if outside WEDLOCK!!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by trinigirl1(f): 1:20am On Feb 22, 2007
** rolls eyes **

so this stupid thread is still living.  lipsrsealed
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 7:00am On Feb 22, 2007
This is nt a useless thread.It is so so educative u know.What have you all learnt now?LOL
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by ogs(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2007
SOME THINGS ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED! Some of u folks ve not really had an encounter, that is why u talk like this.

I used to be a KINGPIN in dating women and all those stuffs, until i met JESUS. Since then it has been a different ball game.

" THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IS FOOLISHNESS UNTO THEM" R u trying to make this word come to pass or what? Nairalanders dont think i am a "BUSH BOY", I was bred in Lagos, never went to a PUBLIC SCHOOL and a top scholar from UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN. This is just to drive home the fact that the topic up fro discussion is a sin!

QED.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by debosky(m): 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2007
QED with no proof eh? your teachers must be proud of such a 'scholar'

lizzy 47:

whatever that leads to sin is part of sin therefore it is sin

temptation leads to sin so to be tempted is also a sin right?

I repeat the motive behind an action is the root to what is a sin

Proverbs 16:2 People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives.

y'all should keep your opinions, If in my heart there is no intention to use my g/friend for sex and we 'kiss' and' 'romance' as an expression of affection,

my motive is clean and it is NOT a sin
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by trinigirl1(f): 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2007
9ja4eva:

This is nt a useless thread.It is so so educative u know.What have you all learnt now?LOL

yes i agree, it's educational. so far, i have learnt that a large number nigerians on this forum are sexually ignorant, religously deluded, mentally bound people in need of deliverance from the spirit of idiocy when it comes to matters concerning physical intimacy. tongue

"don't kiss me! it's fornication! do you want me to go to hell "

lol
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by debosky(m): 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2007
lmao @ trini

Do you do exorcism trini? cheesy
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by trinigirl1(f): 1:35am On Feb 23, 2007
debosky:

lmao @ trini

Do you do exorcism trini? cheesy

lol, debosky this one don pass me o  grin

it is possible, but leave that discussion for another thread abeg.

I was already called devil incarnate and prostitute for the Pre Marital Sex Is Not Fornication thread , and i don't have the strength for another battle like that just yet.   wink
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by betantee(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm, my bro n sis dem, abeg i dey confused oh.i no no wetin to conclude for this kind exam.different version of kissing and romancing for and against fornication.DE best thing na to remove the words kissing , romancing and fornication from wherever it came from so dat everybodi go fit drink water keep cup abi!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2007
betantee:

hmmmmmmmmm, my bro n sis them, abeg i dey confused oh.i no no wetin to conclude for this kind exam.different version of kissing and romancing for and against fornication.DE best thing na to remove the words kissing , romancing and fornication from wherever it came from so that everybodi go fit drink water keep cup abi!

U wan drink water drop cup untop sin?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by betantee(m): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2007
Untop sin how?man wey wan sin go sin.Jesus talk am say man wey look woman lustfully don already commit.So how man go look woman without committing,?especially when u see arsenal wey curve n manhester wey point.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by 9ja4eva: 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2007
betantee:

Untop sin how?man wey wan sin go sin.Jesus talk am say man wey look woman lustfully don already commit.So how man go look woman without committing,?especially when u see arsenal wey curve n manhester wey point.

Na wa oh.Well lets jst take it easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Created God? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most?? / Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.