Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren (23850 Views)

Bigadier-General Sule Zakari Is Director-General Of NYSC Now (Photo) / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by solomon111(m): 7:21am On Mar 12, 2013
OlowoTee:

That's true...but sometimes it's so unreasonable to change a winning team. Ask NAFDAC#Akunluyi?. A bad replacement could re-invent the wheel, taking us many steps backward. I pray GEJ's committee find a good replacement over NCAA.

A winning team?
Despite all the plane crash and corruption?
Na wa.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2013
Another sad day for the aviation industry ...the DG to be appointed will help us to locate where the "stakeholders pressure" is coming from.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by kutchs: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2013
naptu2: To be fair, I can't blame GEJ for this. He did not want to sack Dr Demuren, despite intense pressure from the National Assembly, but when you are faced with a choice of retaining him and watching the National Assembly cause unnecessary delays and blockage of government’s aviation policies and removing him from office, but allowing him to continue to assist in the background, I believe it’s better to remove him.

Remember, although Azazi was removed from the position of National Security Adviser (due to pressure from PDP), he continued to advise GEJ unofficially.
Well said bro. There‘s power play involved here and only the wise do the right thing. When power plays itself out something has got to give way for things to move, it‘s unfortunate 2day it is Dr Demuren a fine and accomplished professional.
I can only hope that someone is got to take Demuren‘s to the next level.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by texazzpete(m): 7:40am On Mar 12, 2013
solomon111: This man has spent soo much time there.
I wonder why he didn't retire years ago.
A lot of plane crash,corruption and institutional decay happened under his nose.
Good riddance.

So by that logic, you should be calling for GEJ's impeachment because Boko Haram's upsurge, Polio upsurge, Ansaru upsurge and a resurgence of Oil bunkering (despite paying over 80b per annum to the militants) happened under his watch?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by tunjiajayi: 7:43am On Mar 12, 2013
Stella oduah spoke to madam gej to pressure her wrapper to sack him. Simple!!

It is a known fact that the minister is hatefully tribalistic and she has embarked on systematic purge of her perceived enemies.

Watch out for stella airline which she would be holding in proxy for patience.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by dolphinife: 7:45am On Mar 12, 2013
Prior to his appointment as DG, Nigerian aircraft were not legible to fly direct to The US which he did in less than a year.
Moreso, during his tenure, air accidents reduced to the bearest minimum because of his zeal to make sure that safety is guaranteed.
He also changed our Nigerian Civil Acts to conform with the international standards to which my daddy was the key person(Engr. Adedayo Obadofin) that wrote the Nigerian Air constitution which has been directly and nationally appplauded.
Prior to Demuren's appointment, all the technical departments of Nigerian aviation and airlines was filled by expatriates. By dint of hard-word, he sent hundreds of engineers to NCAT and abroad to study Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Aeronautical enginerring.
Through his unilateral efforts, Nigeria's name was removed frm the blaxcklist of terrorist countries as a result of Abdulmutallab saga
He effortlessly introduced a radar system to monitor all nigerian aircraft so dat in any case of accidents, they can be located withing seconds.
Because of his dint of hard work in changing the face of aviation in Nigeria, he was elected the president of general assembly of ICAO and. Another nigerian elected as president of IATA, first ever in africa
He make sure dat necessary facilities are installed to aid aircraft movements in the country.
The second aeronautical engineer in Nigeria after my daddy(engr. Obadofin), is a leaned person and grounded in aviation business.
He has done his best and we wish him Goodluck...and to those national assembly members, they will soon all die in plane crashes. Mark my word

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Marineetyon(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2013
Non sense mind set! Is it only foreigners that can handle issues? That's one of the reasons we don't have jobs in this bleeped country. A nigerian won AFCON for us all, wake up, o ye blind nigerians.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by motif8(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I want to believe that man has been in that position since i was born. I was beginning to think that his father owned the NCCA. I don't know how much impact he has made in that agency and i guess it can't be much cos we would have seen it.

then u must be six years old because he jhas just spent six years as tjhe DG.
to those who didn't know what what hje jhas done in Aviation sector then i can conclude that u are not in Nigeria.
do you know how Obj got this man to rescue tjhe aviation industry? he had refused coming to Nigeria knowing fully well that the country is not organised. maybe some of u don't know that demuren is a god in the world aviation.
the minister has been batling to remove all the yoruba in key possition in aviation, demuren was just strong to last till now

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Dee60: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2013
This is perhaps long overdue. He came with bright ideas, but seem to have been overtaken by the corruption and the compromise of our system. There are possibly more exposes coming after his removal. Right now, the president needs to find and recruit someone equally good and who will not allow himself to be compromised. There are many Nigerians doing great jobs for aviation in other countries. Bring them home.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by back2sender: 8:00am On Mar 12, 2013
Wat about the minister of petroleum and the SEC DG? When is the retardeen going to sack this ones that has lots of questions mark over thier head

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by tojj: 8:01am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva,y cant you use ur brain and talk and if you dont have any pls keep quite,the guy was sacked because he cudnt allow the minister to loot money as their tradition and he sees the man as an obstacle ;luckily gej is a dullard ,so wot do u xpect?
Afam4eva:
Maybe you're right.

So, he got appointed after Bellview and Sosoliso? I could have sworn that that man has been in that position before I was born. Why has his face registered in my head. I even see him in my dream. There's no way this man joined the NCAA during OBJ's tenure. I think it was passed down to him by his father.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by chucky234(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2013
PointB: Em, eh - who is this Dedirin? What exactly does he do in NCAA, and why has no one actually felt his impact?

Anyway, I trust someone capable will fill his post. There is no point supporting dead weights.
How could you have felt his impact when you never fly or visit any of the airports,or were you expecting to feel his impact inside Fashola BRT buses?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by thirty(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Maybe you're right.

So, he got appointed after Bellview and Sosoliso? I could have sworn that that man has been in that position before I was born. Why has his face registered in my head. I even see him in my dream. There's no way this man joined the NCAA during OBJ's tenure. I think it was passed down to him by his father.
Foolish thinking, foolish product.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by tojj: 8:06am On Mar 12, 2013
dolphinife: Prior to his appointment as DG, Nigerian aircraft were not legible to fly direct to The US which he did in less than a year.
Moreso, during his tenure, air accidents reduced to the bearest minimum because of his zeal to make sure that safety is guaranteed.
He also changed our Nigerian Civil Acts to conform with the international standards to which my daddy was the key person(Engr. Adedayo Obadofin) that wrote the Nigerian Air constitution which has been directly and nationally appplauded.
Prior to Demuren's appointment, all the technical departments of Nigerian aviation and airlines was filled by expatriates. By dint of hard-word, he sent hundreds of engineers to NCAT and abroad to study Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Aeronautical enginerring.
Through his unilateral efforts, Nigeria's name was removed frm the blaxcklist of terrorist countries as a result of Abdulmutallab saga
He effortlessly introduced a radar system to monitor all nigerian aircraft so dat in any case of accidents, they can be located withing seconds.
Because of his dint of hard work in changing the face of aviation in Nigeria, he was elected the president of general assembly of ICAO and. Another nigerian elected as president of IATA, first ever in africa
He make sure dat necessary facilities are installed to aid aircraft movements in the country.
The second aeronautical engineer in Nigeria after my daddy(engr. Obadofin), is a leaned person and grounded in aviation business.

He has done his best and we wish him Goodluck...and to those national assembly members, they will soon all die in plane crashes. Mark my word

kindly educate ppu like afam4eva that are as dull as gej,wonder whether its a must to contribute even wen yu dont have anything to say,

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Kelvin677(m): 8:06am On Mar 12, 2013
otokx: what evil did he do?
he was caught doin
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by chucky234(m): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2013
tojj: Afam4eva,y cant you use ur brain and talk and if you dont have any pls keep quite,the guy was sacked because he cudnt allow the minister to loot money as their tradition and he sees the man as an obstacle ;luckily gej is a dullard ,so wot do u xpect?
My brother the fact that Afam4eva is a nonentity is an open secret

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by chucky234(m): 8:17am On Mar 12, 2013
solomon111: A winning team?
Despite all the plane crash and corruption?
Na wa.
Too many 6yrs old out here,you probably haven't heard the name Demuren before now but chose to comment only because everyone else is commenting.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by nairaman66(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2013
Now what, Who fires GEJ for his out of touch policies??

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2013
He needed to be fired a long time ago. The aviation sector needs total overhauling, we do not need these yesterday's men continuing with their 'usual' bureaucratic traditions, there are better brains. His role on the ill-fated Dana incidence left no room for his continuous service.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by AMEBO2BUSY: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2013
Ngwakwe:
He has served out his term and has become complacent.
Oh God raise somebody who will whisper the incompetence of NIMC DIRECTOR GENERAL (chris onyenenam) n his effort @ thwarting d big dream of our NATIONAL ID CARD

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by DobleO7: 8:27am On Mar 12, 2013
My question is..what is his offense?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by apalemighty(m): 8:27am On Mar 12, 2013
CFCfan:

He was instrumental in ensuring that Nigeria attained the US CAT 1 status. This enabled our domestic airlines to fly directly to the US on Nigerian-registered aircraft.

Just dat? Mtchwwww. Even ma fada can do dat now. Nobi request, abeg no talk again oh
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 12, 2013
tunjiajayi: Stella oduah spoke to madam gej to pressure her wrapper to sack him. Simple!!

It is a known fact that the minister is hatefully tribalistic and she has embarked on systematic purge of her perceived enemies.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin...a lot of clowns in NL.....If you cant beat them...then you have to join us, we do thing the right way, That man's input to that industry has become obsolete, he must have been begged to retire and he refused and then get the bootm, typical yoruba man tongue

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2013
The national assembly moved a motion for the sack of this Demuren on grounds that are real and factual, he has served the nation to the best of his ability and has nothing more to offer, it is best for him to proceed with other life endeavors while someone better is fielded to continue from where he stopped. The job was not and is not his grandfather's estate. We do not need the best man on the job, but we need a great hand in pushing the aviation sector to next level. Our Air Ports are being transformed, so apparently there is need to have new wine in a new bottle, there is no need for all these usual nairaland skirmishes, although I know its just a storm in a teacup.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by baysol: 8:32am On Mar 12, 2013
tunjiajayi: Stella oduah spoke to madam gej to pressure her wrapper to sack him. Simple!!

Not far from truth, but note the end will justify the means. Igbos have once tried this in the past. What they fail to understand is that they lack the mental and physical clout to achieve anything by this modus which will only ensnair them back to their backward biafra. Let he that have ears hear. The yorubas will never be made prostrate by any group in Nigeria and beyond. This is the mission of Gej and his evil Igbotic cohorts, that will fail in their tribalistic games. We are watching you all, for one day the monkey will go to the market and will not return.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by chemashie(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I want to believe that man has been in that position since i was born. I was beginning to think that his father owned the NCCA. I don't know how much impact he has made in that agency and i guess it can't be much cos we would have seen it.
Now I know who you are.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 8:34am On Mar 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It's called fresh air Mr. Talkimi wink After-all, your drunken fisherman approved the sack letter.. No undecided....
who be this ?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by emmasege: 8:35am On Mar 12, 2013
Another Yoruba man shown the way out of GEJ's govt. I won't be surprised if GEJ & the minister bring a s/south or s/east man as his replacement. Aviation ministry currently has 5 parastatals, all of which are being headed by s/easterners and a s/southerner (FAAN). In the spirit of federal character, this is wrong and i hope another zone other than the south will produce the next DG. Take it or leave it, Demuren has contributed immensely to the growth of aviation industry in Nigeria. Air mishaps are not endemic to Nigeria or developing world alone. He's leaving behind a shoe very difficult to step into. the next DG must be rugged, professional and stubborn enough to resist unnecessary political interference in the aviation industry. God bless u Harold, U r a pride to the Yoruba race!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by baysol: 8:37am On Mar 12, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin...a lot of clowns in NL.....If you cant beat them...then you have to join us, we do thing the right way, That man's input to that industry has become obsolete, he must have been begged to retire and he refused and then get the bootm, typical yoruba man tongue

You sounded like you know already an Igbotic species has been appointed in his stead. Igbos you have no respect and you guys must be put in your place.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Dee60: 8:37am On Mar 12, 2013

Kingdoms will come kingdoms will go. Where are those who oppressed us yesterday?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 12, 2013
DobleO7: My question is..what is his offense?

He has been there since 1970.... thats is 43 yrs of old school service there reason why DANA still operate boeing 707 produced in 1958, we need fresh and modern brain in the industry wink..... cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri / Fayose May Have Escaped Impeachment / By NBS Estimates, Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million. Kano State Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.