Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! (13388 Views)

Uyi Iredia, Please Clarify Your Comments On Saudi Arabia!! / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria / Atheism Is Not A Religion! (the Hardcore Debate Version) Challenge To Uyi Iredia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by EvilBrain1(m): 3:47am On Mar 13, 2013
davidylan: Amazing... the atheists are in ecstasy. shocked grin

The more you see posts like this the more you begin to regard evangelistic atheism for what it is... naked proselytizing for adherents. Indeed there is joy in the house of the atheists for every "christian" who reverts.

Please explain to me what your problem with atheist proselytizing is. After all you Christians do it constantly so why can't anybody else share their beliefs?

You remind me of those Saudi clerics who want to force feed everyone the Koran, but scream bloody murder when they see a Christian preaching the bible.

BTW, congrats to Uyi Iredia on the decorking of his brain. For me, he doesn't need to become an atheist. Just the thought that a diehard Nairaland Christian can be taught to apply skepticism and rationality to matters of religion is a huge relief and a validation of my countless rants in this section. I hope he also find time to reexamine his beliefs on evolution, the age of the earth, physics and cosmology.

Science FTW!

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Nyc one, Evil Brain.

For those who might be interested, here's a link to Jean's book: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17607/17607-h/17607-h.htm

From the preface
When we wish to examine in a cool, calm way the opinions of men, we are very much surprised to find that in those which we consider the most essential, nothing is more rare than to find them using common sense; that is to say, the portion of judgment sufficient to know the most simple truths, to reject the most striking absurdities, and to be shocked by palpable contradictions.

In a word, whoever will consult common sense upon religious opinions, and will carry into this examination the attention given to objects of ordinary interest, will easily perceive that these opinions have no solid foundation; that all religion is but a castle in the air; that Theology is but ignorance of natural causes reduced to a system; that it is but a long tissue of chimeras and contradictions; that it presents to all the different nations of the earth only romances devoid of probability, of which the hero himself is made up of qualities impossible to reconcile, his name having the power to excite in all hearts respect and fear, is found to be but a vague word, which men continually utter, being able to attach to it only such ideas or qualities as are belied by the facts, or which evidently contradict each other. The notion of this imaginary being, or rather the word by which we designate him, would be of no consequence did it not cause ravages without number upon the earth

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Evil Brain:

Please explain to me what your problem with atheist proselytizing is. After all you Christians do it constantly so why can't anybody else share their beliefs?

that is EXACTLY the point! grin See atheists foam in the mouth when christians proselytize... but yet hypocritically do the exact same thing!

Evil Brain:
You remind me of those Saudi clerics who want to force feed everyone the Koran, but scream bloody murder when they see a Christian preaching the bible.

You're going too far... here we have atheists who want to force atheism down the throats of others yet howl like rabid dogs when christians dare speak up for their faith in public. The truth is that atheists are beginning to sound more and more like saudi clerics... if many of you had your way no churches would exist and open expression of religious faith would be a criminal offence.

Evil Brain:
BTW, congrats to Uyi Iredia on the decorking of his brain. For me, he doesn't need to become an atheist. Just the thought that a diehard Nairaland Christian can be taught to apply skepticism and rationality to matters of religion is a huge relief and a validation of my countless rants in this section. I hope he also find time to reexamine his beliefs on evolution, the age of the earth, physics and cosmology.

why do you need a christian reverting as validation for your rants? grin Its quite odd to me that you are not sure of your position until you have coerced another to join you. See, whether you revert or not, doesnt affect my faith... i would be quite glad to see you rescue your own soul but at the end of the day the choice is yours to make.

Evil Brain:
Science FTW!

Oh dear... you wouldnt know science if it hit you squat in the face. grin

3 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto: Nyc one, Evil Brain.

For those who might be interested, here's a link to Jean's book: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17607/17607-h/17607-h.htm

From the preface

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by thehomer: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2013
davidylan:

that is EXACTLY the point! grin See atheists foam in the mouth when christians proselytize... but yet hypocritically do the exact same thing!

Really? Atheists try to stop Christians from preaching at the appropriate venue? Do you see Atheists stopping Christians from preaching e.g on this forum?

davidylan:
You're going too far... here we have atheists who want to force atheism down the throats of others yet howl like rabid dogs when christians dare speak up for their faith in public. The truth is that atheists are beginning to sound more and more like saudi clerics... if many of you had your way no churches would exist and open expression of religious faith would be a criminal offence.

Is having a serious discussion tantamount to forcing a point of view down the throats of people who disagree? The question is where in public are these Christians doing it? Come on. I'm sure you know that atheists are all for freedom of speech and freedom of and from religion. It is you religious people who would like it some other way.

davidylan:
why do you need a christian reverting as validation for your rants? grin Its quite odd to me that you are not sure of your position until you have coerced another to join you. See, whether you revert or not, doesnt affect my faith... i would be quite glad to see you rescue your own soul but at the end of the day the choice is yours to make.

Do you see someone swallowing your ideas of Jesus Christ as validation for your rants? Or does that mean you're not sure of your position until you see someone coming to believe it?

davidylan:
Oh dear... you wouldnt know science if it hit you squat in the face. grin

Neither do you it seems.

3 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:15am On Mar 13, 2013

The more you see posts like this the more you begin to regard evangelistic atheism for what it is... naked proselytizing for adherents. Indeed there is joy in the house of the atheists for every "christian" who reverts.

Infact you should go to Richard Dawkins site to see as new atheists are treated. Not mich different from a church accepting a new convert. I have not yet said I'm atheist I only expressed doubt about an aspect of God.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Alfamann: 9:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Uyi, my brother, you need to know what to expect in this path you have taken so you don't fall back as many have done. Annony for example.

You are like an addict that have gone into a rehab and it is going to be a lifetime struggle. You will have temptations on the way. You will find yourself doubting if you were doing the right thing questionning the unquestionable one. Then you will have family tribulations. Christian "Friends" will insult, threaten and desert you.

Some have already started here on this thread as you can see.

Like all succesful rehabilitations, diet regimes, retreats, etc, the secret is taking it step by step. Do not abandon everything immediately. Because you can't. You have been indoctrinated since childhood. Your brain has believed things to be true. Infact, if you took a lie detector a few years ago and said that Yahweh was kind and loving, you would have passed. That is how intrinsic such belief are in children.

So, read the bible, again and again. Read it with open mind. When you find yourself praying before putting food in your mouth, don't let it worry you. It will rid of itself.

One day you will look back and wonder how come you spent the most part of your life believing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Paschal007: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2013
Many are called but few are chosen. It's all signs of end times. But am pretty hopeful he'll make the right choice soon.

*Sniffs n Sneezes with logicboy's shirt*
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2013
alexleo:

Bros what you should do is to keep praying for uyi and not to come here and be having silly time with (nonsense)logicboy. This is a phase in Uyi's life and if you love him pray for him. Annony passed through it but when he had a one on one communion with God he came to full understanding of God, same goes for some others too so dont bother yourself here. Pray for him with love in your heart. When the Holy Spirit convinces him, his testimony will also build up some christians too who are trying to give up. When things like this happen its also possible that God is bringing him to a point where he will experience him more and testify to the world. Only pray that the devil doesnt distract or deceive him along the line.

The best prayer you can give is to me refer to good apologetic books. For example I've gotten Mere Christianity and Reason In Faith but I would need more.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2013
^^^^^

Na wa wink @Alfamann.

Lol, I remember listening to the audio
version of mere Christianity. Only made matters more confusing.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

Good....good.

However, admit that you were shaken from that time last year when i called you a psychopath for your christian morality seeing nothing wrong with the horrors of the old testamnet

If I remember correctly a virulent atheist called Mudley also called me a psycopath just like you. And just as in your case I wasn't shaken. I've already told you what I read that made me change my stance.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2013
Alfamann: Uyi, my brother, you need to know what to expect in this path you have taken so you don't fall back as many have done. Annony for example.

You are like an addict that have gone into a rehab and it is going to be a lifetime struggle. You will have temptations on the way. You will find yourself doubting if you were doing the right thing questionning the unquestionable one. Then you will have family tribulations. Christian "Friends" will insult, threaten and desert you.

Some have already started here on this thread as you can see.

Like all succesful rehabilitations, diet regimes, retreats, etc, the secret is taking it step by step. Do not abandon everything immediately. Because you can't. You have been indoctrinated since childhood. Your brain has believed things to be true. Infact, if you took a lie detector a few years ago and said that Yahweh was kind and loving, you would have passed. That is how intrinsic such belief are in children.

So, read the bible, again and again. Read it with open mind. When you find yourself praying before putting food in your mouth, don't let it worry you. It will rid of itself.

One day you will look back and wonder how come you spent the most part of your life believing nonsense.

Lol. And they swear atheism is not a religion.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2013
So far I'm quite disappointed with the Christian response here. I expected a response to what I said not what some people think it implies. Put simply, I was expecting a rebuttal to my statements on God not being loving. In fact, that's what I'll be hoping to see when I get back.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2013

There is joy because more people are listening to reason and logic, leaving behind myths and wishes and becoming atheists.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2013
The bulldog and the other one would rather attack the atheists they 'd not care' about than address the issue. Of course, that's normal. One has already gone as far as to suggest that should you become an atheist in the future, you were never a Christian in the first place.

The truth is that your fears are valid. The OT does not portray a good image of Yahweh. The disconnect between the God of the OT and the One who sent his Son in the NT is quite difficult to ignore. Don't expect any
satisfying answers soon
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^^

Na wa wink @Alfamann.

Lol, I remember listening to the audio
version of mere Christianity. Only made matters more confusing.

You know, there's a lot you people don't give Christians credit for, musKeeto. There's a reason I had a greater fondness for you than for any other unbeliever I've dealt with here, although I'm pretty sure you're unaware of it. It's why I tend to never challenge you, at least, not until recently. I actually am a very empathetic person, entering into someone else's experiences and feelings is relatively easy. And I knew somehow that when you were insisting that you aren't antiChristian, it was more because you didn't want to be than that you really were not. I think though that your sympathy for Christ has been plummeting. I think it's a good sign because, well, look at your comment up there.

There are really only two sides to this affair: Christ's and antiChrist's (and I don't only mean some guy who is going to try to exterminate Christians someday in the future). Either Christ is true and worthy to be believed or He is not. No middle ground, my friend. If you were more confused from listening to Mere Christianity, then Christ still has a case to plead but you cannot hear it if you don't want to hear it, it's that simple. And if you don't want to hear it, all you do is say, "to hell with this confusion, if Christ were right...(inset any excuse you please here)" and then mock every attempt you perceive that tries to raise the matter up again in your heart.

The best any Christian can do for any unbeliever is answer their questions and misgivings if they are allowed to, knowing the Lord and seeing the Truth for oneself is entirely up to the unbeliever and is only possible with the act of Faith, a daring casting of oneself upon Christ. There is no other way. No man will ever find God in his mind, God is always other than man.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1218773/how-accept-being-atheist

Hi Uyi, above is the link containing information ON HOW TO ACCEPT BEING AN ATHEIST.

read it and always lead a skeptical life, never be gullible again.
wink
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Here is a video on the silliness of religion especially xtianity and islam. Watch, learn and stay firm in your atheism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecUUnLNSiY
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: So far I'm quite disappointed with the Christian response here. I expected a response to what I said not what some people think it implies. Put simply, I was expecting a rebuttal to my statements on God not being loving. In fact, that's what I'll be hoping to see when I get back.

Life doesn't always give us what we want, does it? smiley My friend, I can only tell you that the point of arguing for me is not to convert or convince, I really don't care what you think about God. I only care whether or not you're willing to be wrong in your thoughts and be shown by Himself Who indeed He is. After all, just like any other person would like to say of themselves, God is the One Who knows and understands Himself best. Either you are willing to admit that some things don't add up and therefore you will ask Him about them (which presupposes faith that He is there to be asked and that His answers willl be worth the effort) or you're not and only need excuses to reject Him (which is your prerogative as well).

musKeeto: The bulldog and the other one would rather attack the atheists they 'd not care' about than address the issue. Of course, that's normal. One has already gone as far as to suggest that should you become an atheist in the future, you were never a Christian in the first place.

The truth is that your fears are valid. The OT does not portray a good image of Yahweh. The disconnect between the God of the OT and the One who sent his Son in the NT is quite difficult to ignore. Don't expect any
satisfying answers soon

And as we have said, only the Chinese can explain Chinese idioms and proverbs. You can always try to manufacture meanings of your own, my friend. But God will only ever be the right authority to explain God.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Lol, I quite agree. Not some fake guys attempting to do so, and failing woefully at it.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto: Lol, I quite agree. Not some fake guys claiming attempting to do so, and failing woefully at it.

Lol. Even God would fail at it, as far as you're concerned. We know Him. We can tell you that you are all wrong about Him. We can show you how you are wrong about Him. And you can sing 'lalalalalalala' even when we ask you to see for yourself what we have been telling you.

My friend, I do not give a damn if you think we are failing at telling you the Truth or that we are fake (you're free to hold what opinion you may), I only care that you don't want to know. And, pity that it is, you really don't.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto: Lol, I quite agree. Not some fake guys claiming attempting to do so, and failing woefully at it.

Exactly, if the rich skydaddy exist, let him poke his nose down for us to see. But before we can observe otherwise, all evidence point to the ABSENCE OF GOD.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2013
@ Ihedinobi: God understanding Himself doesn't answer the questions raised by my statements. Infact it roundtrips the question. BTW I asked Him and got no reply.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2013
ooman:

Exactly, if the rich skydaddy exist, let him poke his nose down for us to see. But before we can observe otherwise, all evidence point to the ABSENCE OF GOD.

And would you recognize His nose if He did? How would you tell that it isn't the Flying Spaghetti Monster's nose or some Christian who built a spacecraft in the shape of a nose to fool you?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Ihedinobi: God understanding Himself doesn't answer the questions raised by my statements. Infact it roundtrips the question. BTW I asked Him and got no reply.

Why should I bother with you? Can you answer that?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And would you recognize His nose if He did? How would you tell that it isn't the Flying Spaghetti Monster's nose or some Christian who built a spacecraft in the shape of a nose to fool you?

IT IS GOD WHO CLAIM TO LOVE US, DIE FOR US ETC.

IT IS HIS TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY THAT WE UNDERSTAND HIM. IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO SHOW HIMSELF TO US IN THE WAY WE WOULD UNDERSTAND.

IT IS ALL HIS RESPONBILITY NEVER OURS.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Even God would fail at it, as far as you're concerned. We know Him. We can tell you that you are all wrong about Him. We can show you how you are wrong about Him. And you can sing 'lalalalalalala' even when we ask you to see for yourself what we have been telling you.

My friend, I do not give a damn if you think we are failing at telling you the Truth or that we are fake (you're free to hold what opinion you may), I only care that you don't want to know. And, pity that it is, you really don't.
Bro, the Bible claims to be God's word. No one needs you to reveal the character and nature of God. You're fake and dubious, whether you care about my opinion is none of my business.

The OP is not about someone who is bothered about what an atheist said about God. He's bothered about what the Bible claims God sanctioned.

So deal with it or wait for the owner of that a55 you love licking to show up and entertain us the original anonymatics.

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by cyrexx: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2013
ooman:

IT IS GOD WHO CLAIM TO LOVE US, DIE FOR US ETC.

IT IS HIS TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY THAT WE UNDERSTAND HIM. IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO SHOW HIMSELF TO US IN THE WAY WE WOULD UNDERSTAND.

IT IS ALL HIS RESPONBILITY NEVER OURS.

Good thinking. Unfortunately, the religious mind has been so much configured that they do not realise it's the failure of their imaginary God, not human failure, if the humans that god wanted to believe him do not believe him. That means he woefully at his tasks. It's called Almighty Screw-up.

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Why should I bother with you? Can you answer that?

This is sad. You should bother since I'm a Christian. I said God isn't loving with reasons. I expected a reply to this. Not some tangent on me in a crisis or seeking an excuse to reject God. Your questioning on why you should bother shows how sorry a state Christianity is in.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: So far I'm quite disappointed with the Christian response here. I expected a response to what I said not what some people think it implies. Put simply, I was expecting a rebuttal to my statements on God not being loving. In fact, that's what I'll be hoping to see when I get back.
I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that you are expecting any rebuttal or other convincing ripostes. Because if I were in your shoes, I'd check out posted links as well.

This problem is dealt with in Existentialism and inasmuch as the two most respected philosophers in that field are Søren Kierkegaard (Christian, father of Existentialism) and Friedrich Nietzsche (Atheist), I found my own answers in Christian Existentialism (Kierkegaard's flavour). Which is why I posted the link, as you say you're Christian.

The summary view is that philosophical thinking begins with the active, feeling, living, thinking human individual. This means YOU are the main subject in your perceived universe, and it all begins with you. Thus, your perceptions of God's good or not will depend on this existential study of the subject: YOU.

Meanwhile, as requested I'll check my archives for some apologetics materials, maybe I can send you some PDFs or something.

e
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by cyrexx: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2013
@Uyi Iredia:

Read also, this thread I started yesterday, for a clearer view on how Christian Existentialism approaches the "problem of evil".

"Q n A with Jesus on the problem of evil"

https://www.nairaland.com/1223552/q-jesus-problem-evil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists / Traditional Wedding Or White Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.