Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59226 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 4:50am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV:

you forgot to post your noose
grin grin grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV: are you always this polite? and why do you really care what others think of you?

[size=13pt]Hmm, I'm not known for being mean. Were you expecting me not to respond? You dey yarn pesin life like say na you born me.[/size]
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 17, 2013

Truckpusher please continue
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 17, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Hmm, I'm not known for being mean. Were you expecting me not to respond? You dey yarn pesin life like say na you born me.[/size]

alright drop it. you making me feel bad already
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 4:57am On Mar 17, 2013
embarassed
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher:

as for you

Yes Sir !...i think this is a family issue cheesy cheesy

plagiarizer
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 5:01am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV:

plagiarizer
Now you're gonna be getting what you deserved like the fo0l you are..wait for me all bets are off
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher: Now you're gonna be getting what you deserved like the fo0l you are..wait for me all bets are off

please do. I really am embarrassed for you

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher: Now you're gonna be getting what you deserved like the fo0l you are..wait for me all bets are off

I knew truckpusher wasnt done yet.. He cant walk away so easily from a flame war.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 5:06am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV:

please do. I really am embarrassed for you
That pix didn't fit in there ,c'mon you're smarter than this.
Have you lost your mind he is a convicted mass murderer and he wasn't embarrassed...READ UP BOY cool
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher: That pix didn't fit in there ,c'mon you're smarter than this.
Have you lost your mind he is a convicted mass murderer and he wasn't embarrassed...READ UP BOY cool

to the point of fake tears. I would feel the same after tearing you apart

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 17, 2013
truckpusher, remember the saying "if you can't beat them, you join them"

OK_2_NV is clearly trying to wear you out with the gifs. You might wanna start trolling him with gif images too grin grin grin grin grin

#justsaying.

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 5:08am On Mar 17, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Of course it doesn't. However, I don't see why people should be vexing Nigerians for laughing at a funny situation. The truth of the matter is that he went on television and couldn't answer a basic question. Can you imagine Mukina doing an interview and not being able to verbalize the Nairaland url? You no go yab am?

That's part of life. More so? That's the price one pays for choosing to be in the spotlight. People will forever be who they are. Rather than telling Nigerians not to laugh or vex for someone who displayed foolishness (a normal reaction by the way), tell the guy (or woman) who was wrong to straighten out and inform himself or herself before doing an interview that millions will watch.[/size]
D point u made was quite clear,though d man really show how incompetent he was to handle dat kind of post bt lets all have mercy on him,he's only a human.we do make mistakes at times...pls bear wit him,happy sunday!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by HuJJC(m): 5:09am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Tochinn(m): 5:13am On Mar 17, 2013
try69: A sensible family would make the positive out of this like getting patent for any "my oga at the top" brand..
I also doubt that this news is true
. Just heard that the oga at the top t-shirt is already out in Ph, and is selling wella

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 17, 2013
boring..

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 17, 2013
When someone failed in his responsibility to protect the interest of his family - should we blame the journalists - the commentators - or the Father?
It is okay & human to sympathize - but not that we should call a spade - a pen.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by 2baga(m): 5:31am On Mar 17, 2013
ItsModella:
make me tongue tongue

@ok-2-nv. modella is so loving yr bump, pls do it again. chai she don dey take style rub yr.....
#dats all.

@all pls keep it real in here and dont derail the tread or else i'l report y'all to #my oga at the top
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Uchwilliam(m): 5:44am On Mar 17, 2013
please guys enough of this 'oga at the top' jesting but before you do consult 'oga at the top' for approval...lol
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by neyyo: 5:45am On Mar 17, 2013
Wifey begging Nigerians to stop making fun of this civil servant, Father n Hubby.

At this point in time, I'll do almost anything to be in this man's shoes!!!

Instead of wallow in pity, I suggest he drops his uniform and make the best of this situation while he still can. He had better get a brand manager and delve into entertainment!

Now ask me, who in Nigeria doesn't want to listen to what this dude has to say

He had better snap outta d self-pity state of mind and use this as a spring board unto greater things! He should claim the 'Oga @d top' brand and not allow people make money off his 'misery'

A single endorsement could make him more than his 'annual salary' and after all said and done let's see who has the last laff and smiles to the Bank!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by koruji(m): 6:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Honestly, the first time I saw the video it did not appear to be a big deal, but there are lessons for all sides.

Shem carried the human habit of feigning knowledge of what you don't know too far, forgetting that everybody will see it. In the final analysis, it was a small mistake that should be of small consequence.

The reporters should learn to move on with grace when they see that an interviewee has been put on the spot, instead of pressing him hard over and over. If it was one of the big-time poli-thieves, one who kept $620K in bribes for example, they would neither ask him about it nor press him hard if he refused to answer questions related to his crime.

Finally, mob mentality is hard to control. Once this interview was aired the public's response was uncontrollable. It is appropriate for the wife to make the impact on her household public so that people can learn to be a bit more considerate. I hope the NSCDC would see fit to restore Mr. Shem to his job quietly - answering a question awkwardly is not an offense.

Overall, this episode shows the terrible public speaking skills of the average Nigerian, and most of our public servants who are supposed to represent us to the world. The public speaking skills of our president is just as bad - and that is just sad.

Akell: The wife of the NSCDC Commandant that was ridiculed in the crazy "My Oga At The Top" VIDEO has been reported to have forced her way into Channels TV studio today to protest bitterly to the chairman of Channels on the damages the crazy video has caused his family.

She cried that her kids at school are been ridiculed everyday by their mates. On her part, her neighbours and fellow market women make jest of her every day. She says that the worse of the issue is that her husband can't sleep at night again because of the terrible embarrassment the video has caused him.
In fact she says the man cry every night and also, the so called Oga at the Top is even contemplating sacking or demoting the man because of the damages the video has caused NSCDC.

[Before this woman came from protest at Channels TV, Her Husband has received a call about his suspension].

http://www.brimtime.com/2013/03/wife-protest-at-channels-tv-over-my-oga.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Brimtime+%28Brimtime%29

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.