Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59198 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by salmanalone(m): 10:33am On Mar 18, 2013
Competence is when you're able to defend your job/ profession/ organisation/ office in the face of informed/uninformed ignorance at everytime of asking. Mr Shem wasn't able to do that, therefore, he was incompetent.
Secondly, there's no respect for the viewers at home/office/elsewhere. The word 'oga' shows that. What told him that everybody understands what entity 'oga' stands for (foreigners are theoretically part of his home audience)
Thirdly, trying to cover ignorance in such a stupid way has been the bane of our leadership since Independence. His 'heroic stupidity' shows that we are still battling that problem. And no end in sight.
Fourthly, this is a lesson to all of us in this forum. Posterity will not forgive/forget our gaffe. We should all learn properly. An 'Oga @ the top' is not an 'Oga' in all.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
egbe4real: hello o mrs oga on top, burial ur head in shame, if i where u i wouldnt bring mysef out o. ur hubby Bleep up totally. tx.

How are you better than Mr. Shem? Mtschwwwww
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by solomonkane(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ola Johnson: The worse of it the youths who constitute the majority of people making jest of this man have never once watched the programme, Sunrise Daily, where this started. They don't breakfast programmes like Kakaaki (AIT), Today on STV, etc. They could perhaps make more mistake than this man. We all know how today's youths are academically. If you don't, interview or ask corps members in orientation camps to fill forms.

And another extravagantly gifted cretin crawls out of the sewer. You are abusing Nigerian youths yet your post is riddled with misspellings & idiotic comments. Physician heal thyself.

Back to the topic: Mr Shem deserves all the stick he has gotten and more, if it affects his family, then too bad. A simple admission of ignorance would have sufficed, he went instead for bluster, sycophancy and deceit.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by solomonkane(m): 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Chuck D: [b]All These people be acting all sanctimonious... make una comot for here if the thing dey vex una nau...
Let me make his categorically clear: "MyOgaAtTheTop" IS NO LONGER ABOUT THE NSCDC MAN. That phrase represents a concept - A name has been given to a disease in our society with symptoms like:
1. Eye service - wanting to please a superior whether he's doing things right or wrong. No one wants to discharge their duties properly these days and all we do is wanting to please the one on top - 'professionalism you'd call that' - Thanks
2. High-handedness - it is obvious that the effects of the military regime still continues to guide the way we do things - especially our older generation. Enough of the overconfidence with always wanting to subdue others by force. Live and let live
3. Silly pride - How can we move on as a people if we just cannot admit out shortcomings sometimes ...eh?
4. Lies and Cover ups - Many Nigerians today have no access to good education, good health care, potable water etc, why? Because Public officers loot and the rest of us "PARDON or COVER UP" for them and on the long run, we all suffer because the country doesn't progress. How long will you people continue to stay quiet over such?
I know some of you out there may have other points to add but whether you agree or disagree with me on this issue, the fact remains that for a change to take place, there is usually and event that draws everyone's attention to the problem at once.
For those calling for an end to this MyOgaAtTheTop matter, please channel your energies to something more worthwhile to move the country forward and ENOUGH PARDONING.
That's all.
[/b]

GBAM!!!!! You deserve a medal for capturing my exact thoughts.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jpphilips(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
ogechukwuka: Those (pompous know it all) presenters especially the lady should appologize publicly to the man and his family. Imagine treating your guest like that. If he hadn't honoured their invitation it would have been better. This is not journalism. Its witch hunting

are you sure you Will recognise your name if written in caps?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jpphilips(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
naptu2: I still don't understand why people will excuse wrong doing or incompetence with a "let's look at another case" argument. Where ever there's mediocrity, incompetence, crime, etc it should be exposed and punished. Remember, it was social media that brought the Aluu case to light and ensured that the police began prosecution of the suspects.

oh!! you just realised that? i lost faith in my country men in 2011 when a looting non performing state gov. got 22.5m presidential votes from nitwits that wanted a change in polity.

i still ask myself till date, what sanity level casted those votes?

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Enockia(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
Well its nobodys fault her husband made a mess of himself like I'll always say "suffering is the punishment for the unwise"
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Jman06(m): 2:22am On Oct 04, 2013
Some of u here are making alot of errors with ur grammar and nobody is mocking u about it.If only we all recieve a dose of this kind of ridicule whenever we err...this would have been a perfect world.I believe the presenters of the tv program should have provided a cover for the man by not dragging the question on nscdc website further,they could have sorted that with the man off camera.If i were their boss i would sack them at slightest error but i am sure nemesis will catch up with them some day for causing so much shame to a family.The problems in Nigeria are enough to make a man forget even his own name sometimes.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jpphilips(m): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2013
Jman06: Some of u here are making alot of errors with ur grammar and nobody is mocking u about it.If only we all recieve a dose of this kind of ridicule whenever we err...this would have been a perfect world.I believe the presenters of the tv program should have provided a cover for the man by not dragging the question on nscdc website further,they could have sorted that with the man off camera.If i were their boss i would sack them at slightest error but i am sure nemesis will catch up with them some day for causing so much shame to a family.The problems in Nigeria are enough to make a man forget even his own name sometimes.

oh! Please, it is this mindset of yours that breeds mediocrity everywhere in Nigeria.
the man in question made no grammatical error, he as the state head of NSCDC doesn't know his organization's website and showed no morality to admit that.
that action undermines everything a competent leader should stand for.
make no mistake, nobody expect him to know it all but having the consciousness to admit it is where he screwed up.
liken it to nairaland like you inferred up there, there are loads of ignorant people here and some good enlightened ones take the pains to educate them, what do they get in return? insults.

so when you refuse to learn at home, you refuse to learn in school, refuse to learn on nairaland, one day, you will learn on channel's tv, what goes around comes around.

I don't know how competent you are in your endeavor but kindly note that my demeanor from which I speak is allergic to incompetence in any form.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Jman06(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
jp philips:

oh! Please, it is this mindset of yours that breeds mediocrity everywhere in Nigeria.
the man in question made no grammatical error, he as the state head of NSCDC doesn't know his organization's website and showed no morality to admit that.
that action undermines everything a competent leader should stand for.
make no mistake, nobody expect him to know it all but having the consciousness to admit it is where he screwed up.
liken it to nairaland like you inferred up there, there are loads of ignorant people here and some good enlightened ones take the pains to educate them, what do they get in return? insults.

so when you refuse to learn at home, you refuse to learn in school, refuse to learn on nairaland, one day, you will learn on channel's tv, what goes around comes around.

I don't know how competent you are in your endeavor but kindly note that my demeanor from which I speak is allergic to incompetence in any form.

Much as i don't support mediocrity,i still think it's not proper for the tv presenters to have allowed the matter gain so much publicity.Think about the shame this man and not just his immediate but extended family have been put through.Thinking of this matter critically,how does his not being able to provide the nscdc website offhand equate to mediocrity?Is he the nscdc director of information?Was he ever found wanting in his duties as nscdc state director prior to the incidence?To warrant such humiliation?As far as i am concerned,the publicity which the ''my oga at the top'' issue gained was uncalled for and if i were a lawyer in the matter i would make the management of channel tv pay severely for that.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2013
Jman06: Much as i don't support mediocrity,i still think it's not proper for the tv presenters to have allowed the matter gain so much publicity.Think about the shame this man and not just his immediate but extended family have been put through.Thinking of this matter critically,how does his not being able to provide the nscdc website offhand equate to mediocrity?Is he the nscdc director of information?Was he ever found wanting in his duties as nscdc state director prior to the incidence?To warrant such humiliation?As far as i am concerned,the publicity which the ''my oga at the top'' issue gained was uncalled for and if i were a lawyer in the matter i would make the management of channel tv pay severely for that.

1) He agreed to appear on a programme at Channels TV. The programme was about fake NSCDC websites. His job at that point in time was to provide information that would prevent members of the public from being duped by fraudsters. He did not do his job!

2) He should have sent the Director of Information to represent him if he knew that he would not be able to provide the information that's necessary.

3) The man is responsible for whatever shame he was put through. It is not the fault of the presenters that he was unable to provide the information that's required.

4) I would really like to know what you would have done if you were a lawyer.

5) One of the reasons that Nigeria is in its present state is because of this kind of unnecessary sentimentality. Someone steals money. Rather than advocating that he is prosecuted, some Nigerians would insist that he is let go because "he is from my town", "is he the only person that has stolen?", "he has a wife and children at home". Someone does a bad job, but we should overlook it because "he is from my town", "is he the only person that has done a bad job?", "he has a wife and children at home"

It's really terrible. There's no accountability, so there's no reason to improve.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Hilarious Dangote-Obama Hoax Confuses Americans. / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.