Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59229 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by nnamdibig(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2013
emperorchedda: Y'all shud stop dis s.hit...d joke is now overused and getting extremely boring...let's all grow up plzz!

This is what happens when you fix a square peg in a round hole. am sure the man did not get that job on merit. one of the ogas at the top might have gotten him the job on a plata of gold. so this is time to pay for year of incompetency and fraudlent recruitment that has cost nigerian youths alot. what goes around comes around.
emperorchedda: Y'all shud stop dis s.hit...d joke is now overused and getting extremely boring...let's all grow up plzz!

This is what happens when you fix a square peg in a round hole. am sure the man did not get that job on merit. one of the ogas at the top might have gotten him the job on a plata of gold. so this is time to pay for year of incompetency and fraudlent recruitment that has cost nigerian youths alot. what goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by nnamdibig(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2013

This is what happens when you fix a square peg in a round hole. am sure the man did not get that job on merit. one of the ogas at the top might have gotten him the job on a plata of gold. so this is time to pay for years of incompetency and fraudlent recruitment that has cost nigerian youths alot. what goes around comes around.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Yujin(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2013
azimibraun: God thank u for making me b my brodas keeper and nt contributing in bringing pains and misery to anoda fellow and his family. I knw I am human and am nt perfect so I ddnt mock a Man who ddnt steal or kill or even lied bt jst ddnt knw d web address of his organisation. Ministers senators, house members and even very youngmen and women are abound who do not knw dis. May God judge us all accordingly. I neva and wld neva b part of this Man's misery. God gv him strenght and his family. Anybody who wear a shirt with dt inscription may jst b wearing his/her last shirt on earth. That woman's tears, her family and her husband wll bring misery upon such a person who promotes dia misery.
I had wanted not to comment but yours above made me do otherwise.
Its true he didn't commit the offence that directly harms people but that is not sufficient to absolve him of the consequences of this show of shame. There are consequences for our actions whether those yesterday, today or tomorrow. Do you know the pains and misery felt by the person shortchanged for him to occupy the position he clearly is incompetent for? His 'mistake' is a technical one an therefore cannot be excused. Do you know the pains many youths have passed through for them to get reliable info on the paramilitary body and the many scams they've fall prey to which actually warranted the interview? The commandant goofed and should be reprimanded for it. A sack is not the best since we know he can't resign because jobs in Nigeria are meal tickets. Methink he should be demoted and his so called 'oga at the top' investigated.
Eehm, eehm Mr. Shem, be strong and learn your lessons. Its never the end of the road. The phrase 'my oga at the top' has come to stay. Brace up and the diligence and good preparation help a lot not just some butt-licking. Its well with you. That's all!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by phineas: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2013
The wife has no right to talk publicly on this matter other than to apologize on behalf of her husband and appeal to the nation.Her duty as wife is to support him thru this trying period and raise not pull down watever is left of his self esteem,same with the children.If anything happens to him its their fault not the nations fault

Frankly I'm tired of the culture of impunity in Nigeria.Its possible she didn't do it,but for it to be entertained as permisble is appalling.Its like military wives bullying civillians saying I'm the wife of group captain,so wat?

All those saying the devil and issueing threats,in Nigerian style-back to the sender,imagine ur lifes been run like Nigeria.

Don't you all get,this is not about comandant shem.It should be a sober momment for those who choose to take it seriously while appealing not threatening the youth to tone it down.

Simply put,the Ogas @ the top have messed up the country.The youth found a voice to criticize it in humour/not violence and u try to stifle it, you dare insult the collective pain,and anger of the people...ask urself how hard its is to save 250k on ur 120k salary,extrapolate it to the unemployed guy,also pic the millions,yes millions that did not get the opportunity...and then ask why did they ever think it was ok to part with that money for employment,ask urself again why would anyone think of swindling someone that vulnurable,ask again could anything be done about all this?,who could address it?what did they do?,only then can you almost start to graze the matter...

The oga @ the top issue is everywhere.no matter how simple the stuff u want done is u get reffered to an oga @ the top (including answering a simple question on recruitment),some oga somewhere is stifling the process and we have come to accept it as normal.

I do not support mocking my enemies,but it is the system we mock not the man.The one that leaves its children unfed in the sun,the one where the ogas get a quater of the national allowance,where their kids get all the contracts,where homage and bribes is the culture,where the main man does not give a dam,the one that makes pple cry the country inhabitable,making us call strange places home.The system has failed us,and finally we have a collective voice to call the oga @ the top out on it.Its not done in violence,ask tunisia,ask libya,ask egypt,its done with sarcastic humour...I think we should let the people be on this one,Maybe this will make us and the Oga's on top start to address due process in the way we handle things In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by skymaxnig: 9:26am On Mar 17, 2013
azzima: maybe you guys will feel better when we hear that this guy has commited suicide.We should all stop this nonsense and focus our attention more on the dummy we call president and alams pardon.
If the man commits suicide then he would be a big disgrace to the NSCDC...
He is supposed to be a trained security personel, i think this issue is to minor for a commandant yo contemplate suicide....haba! na nigetian e be o!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2013
sulaiman aledeh
@aledeh
Award-Winning Broadcast Journalist, Producer Sunrise Daily@Channelstv, Lagos, Nigeria, Social Media Advocate & Inclusion Speaker!.

sulaiman aledeh‏@aledeh
No woman or wife came to Channels Tv as reported by News Blogs in respect of the trending 'Oga on top' debacle.

sulaiman aledeh‏@aledeh
Fake journalists around, careful what you believe...tell the news and never be the news.

https://twitter.com/aledeh
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2013
sulaiman aledeh‏@aledeh
As the Producer I take full responsibility. It's on employment racketeering so we must have a genuine website to stop further exploitation
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by bbulldog(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2013
oluwadare26: Realli? My comment reserved for My oga at the top..but i'm sure my Oga might feel for the young kids...
u are a big fool for ur oga at the top statement!!!...... OLoDo of the decade
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by arusoncd(m): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2013
I'm sorry for the kids. I advise the man to resign from NSCDC because he can't make get away with it in this Nigeria. Then sue Channel TV for selling the video!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by idlaw2k3(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Yes it was funny at first but now its viral. The man is now a celebriety whether he likes it or not. He can profit from it or lose out completely. Any effort he makes to try and control it will be like pouring fuel on fire. Only time can stop the joke.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 10:05am On Mar 17, 2013
You know, i think my theory is correct. In Nigeria, you can do whatever you want, you'll still have supporters, in fact, you could probably get away with it (scot free). All you need to do is appeal to sentiments.

Alamieyeseigha was only witchhunted by Obasanjo (never mind that he was caught redhanded by police in the UK). Is he the only governor in Nigeria? They should leave him alone! (Never mind that people are dying in Bayelsa because of lack of adequate healthcare)

Bode George did not do anything wrong. It was simply a plot by Tinubu. After all, he was tried under "Lagos State law". Leave him alone.

So what if Obafaiye Shem did not know the website address? What does it matter? Everybody makes mistakes. Leave him alone, he's got a wife and kids. (nevermind that people who have been tricked by scammers with fake NSCDC websites also have wives and kids).

So what if that man stole money? Don't people from other "tribes" steal money? Leave him alone and focus on people from other "tribes".

Why talk about that incompetent public official? So what if Nigerians suffer because of his incompetence? Don't you have other things to talk about?

Then we wonder why Nigeria is the way it is.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2013
I believe that it is extremely important that we take our public officials to task anytime they do their job poorly. If we do not take them to task, they'll continue to do whatever they want because there are no consequences. Attempts to blame anybody else for the "my oga at the top" saga will not fly. The saga is a consequence of Mr Shem's actions and he should take responsibility for his actions (like a grown up).

Why do you think Alamieyeseigha was pardoned in such a brazen and outrageous way? It's because there is no consequence. If citizens complain, they'll simply appeal to sentiments and everybody will fall in line. This is why policemen can beat up and even kill citizens and get away with it. Politicians will rig elections and get away with it. Businessmen and politicians will loot the treasury and become heroes. Is that the type of Nigeria we want?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jpphilips(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2013
JudismphD: The Price for mediocrity and parochialism. U dnt blame anybody for ur pitfall. A man lacking in knowledge will definately perish and 'my oga at the top' will not be an exception.

is he scared of his new found staus? he is a star for god's sake
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by tgoo315: 10:50am On Mar 17, 2013

yes d jokes r enough but this guy needs to b axed and alot of other incompetent officers and politicians...now we r sayng stop cos his wife went to channel tv / wat bout the families dat have been put in poverty because of such dullards in power? wat we shld stop in being sentimental..you eida fit or not...period n he is unfit...a commandant dat cant even express himself...such peeps encourage curroption n laxity into the upcoming officers...he shold be sacked...cold truth...oiut attitude to life in dis nation has to change for d better
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2013
Funny... the illiterate fools who know nothin' but pingin', 2go and fb are they ones overstressing the shit... He made a mistake... Big deal...

Damn all you stupid jesters... "What goes around comes back fcukin' around" remember
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ochizo(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2013
Bullshit. He should continue crying. Lets us tell Olodo that he/she is Olodo. I will continue the Oga At The Top Thing.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2013
tgoo315:

yes d jokes r enough but this guy needs to b axed and alot of other incompetent officers and politicians...now we r sayng stop cos his wife went to channel tv / wat bout the families dat have been put in poverty because of such dullards in power? wat we shld stop in being sentimental..you eida fit or not...period n he is unfit...a commandant dat cant even express himself...such peeps encourage curroption n laxity into the upcoming officers...he shold be sacked...cold truth...oiut attitude to life in dis nation has to change for d better

You just proved that nobody is above mistakes... but, I don't think yours was a mistake... It's raw Ignorance.

How the Bleep can you confuse his competence in work with his knowledge about technology? or his lack of ability to calm down and think straight on a goddanm TV? That's fallacious (google it cuz you wouldn't know what it means either)

You too are just spittin' useless grammer in the midst of illogical sentences. You should have your own nick name too... So shut da Bleep up
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Th superior man:

You just proved that nobody is above mistakes... but, I don't think yours was a mistake... It's raw Ignorance.

How the Bleep can you confuse his competence in work with his knowledge about technology? or his lack of ability to calm down and think straight on a goddanm TV? That's fallacious (google it cuz you wouldn't know what it means either)

You too are just spittin' useless grammer in the midst of illogical sentences. You should have your own nick name too... So shut da Bleep up

At that point in time his job was to represent the agency on a tv show that was about fake NSCDC websites. Would you say he did his job creditably? He is a public official who is responsible/accountable to the public. Members of the public have been scammed by people using fake NSCDC websites, yet he couldn't help to stop the exploitation by providing the genuine web address. Would you say he did his job creditably? To make matters worse, he tried to lie and bluff his way through. Enough of sentiments, we must demand the best from our public officials.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Skmoda360(m): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2013
Itz now a shirt tag
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by a4hafoe(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
alexarelano: [i][/i] are u a learner? I dnt think u exist in dis planet, anyway, make I no insult u, 'cos my Oga at d top dey monitor me cheesy
no b so ma guy,i went to sku n n no tv abeg gemi hint na pls
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by amehatahm(m): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=fine boy abbey]Okay I ithink we shld let this poor man have his breath sincerlly the joke has been over used. Its high time we stop dis madness afterall GEJ was on cnn the other tym made the same error kept saying parson pardon when he was out of point[/quote.Remember no1 excempted from silly mistakes.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by amehatahm(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=fine boy abbey]Okay I ithink we shld let this poor man have his breath sincerlly the joke has been over used. Its high time we stop dis madness afterall GEJ was on cnn the other tym made the same error kept saying parson pardon when he was out of point[/quote.Remember no1 is excempted from making silly mistakes.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Dejideta: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
azimibraun: May all those who provide dia platforms for this Man who hs a wife and children to b dis embarrassed face shame bigger than this dt wll eventually consume dem amen! Whatever u do 2 anoda person u wll hv urs coming in a hundred fold. Painful and shameful death and misfortune wll hit u guys if u dnt stop dis. Haba! Who is perfect? Are we God? Hv we nt all made mitakes b4?

since no one is perfect, may thunder fire you if you ever complain about bad governance in nigeria by any public office holder.
You must be an apostle of mediocrity.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Dejideta: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: [size=18pt]Nigerians are just silly imbe ciles for real.

A country with high ratio of employed to unemployed wouldn't dillydally on something so insignificant.

I guess they need something to pass the time.
[/size]

you are also a nigerian. You are of the imbeciles.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Ivynwa(f): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ivynwa: The joke thing shouldn't be done in such a way as to bring unhappiness to his family. The man is only being an average Nigerian speaking his broken English and you can't blame a person if he is not computer literate enough to know how website addresses goes.

If the man harms himself or any of his children who are being embarrassed or even his wife harm themselves in anyway out of the unhappiness and embarrassment, we will all start going "Oh gosh, sorry, rippy and stuff". Anyway I just hope that out of it will come blessings and lifting for the man because sometimes all things work together for good even if it embarrassed you and made you cry at first.

Truckpusher: You actually stayed awake to write this?...are you trying to whip up sentiment and pity that he doesn't deserve because he wasn't the target here,but the corrupt system that we value and cherish.My dear catch some sleep because if he commits suicide then he's on his own unless you want to tell me that our President's wife has a shock absorber after committing blunders after blunders during public address.

If i was in his shoes i'll simply tell my children to tutor me for one month and i'll demand for another interview and laff over it, simple .After all mistakes like this one doesn't even equal to death.

@truckpusher

Whatever, dude!

Glad that i saw a thread today where his boss is speaking out for him telling everybody that the man helped to alleviate corruption in his organisation. All of you talking down on the man and laughing at him are all here blowing terrible English. When did it become an abomination for a Nigerian to speak "broken English" or not be computer literate. The fact that you are exposed to the internet technology doesn't make others that are not exposed to that dumb. One can still be talented at other things even if they can't type away at a computer's keyboard.

One more thing, dude please quit circulating that picture of a suicide noose that I see you sending to people in the thread. You don't make fun with such things. If I see you post it out again , i will tell the moderators to stop you from doing that. Have a good sunday.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Emmvid: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2013
No time to laff cos "oga at the top" will be annoyed with me sadNo time to laff cos "oga at the top" will be annoyed with me
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lordswillsmith(m): 12:35am On Mar 18, 2013
I tink is enough becos we are playing wit someone careal here
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Find Out!:
Hehehehehehehehehe..... Dont worry, i know why this is funny, especially the bolded. i agree with you though

[size=13pt]You dey compare apples and oranges. Laugh dey go lol.[/size]
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by FindOut(m): 6:28am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You dey compare apples and oranges. Laugh dey go lol.[/size]
tongue All i see are apples and apples.....just different colours. grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Gent: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2013
The commandant was unlucky to be made a scape goat. This goes beyond `he is an illiterate hence he deserves the punishment he is passing thr`. But how many people know their company website.I think those that know it are far less than those that don`t. How many members of the national assembly, state govt, etc can recite the national anthem? Those it mean that cos most members of the national assembly can`t do it , then they are illiterate?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Kizuba: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2013
Is this the first foolish statement the man has ever made in his life? the "Oga at the top" himself should be fired for appointing a fool in the first place.
when an official comes out and says such a thing, does that not tell us something about the "who" appointed him?
what do they want to fire him for? the "Oga at the top" is no better himself.

Dazall
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by zivility: 10:31am On Mar 18, 2013
just because he couldn't say 3 simple words: I DON'T KNOW!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video) / Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abuja Market (Photos) / Picture Of Adeleke's Supporter Wearing Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.