Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon (18680 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / 2015 Senate Campaign Poster For Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: America has nothing to offer anyone my bro, they owe the entire world. Their manufacturing sector has been crippled by the Economic Power, China.
cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I think you are funny. I like the way you come around with your statement without any backing.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 18, 2013
CROWÉ: Gej lost my vote in 2015 over this. It is the kind of stewpidity that I have no words for.
He just got one of my cousin's.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by rman: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2013
Anyone that discusess GEJ with the folllowing people Billyonaire, sincerenigerian, ifihearam, pointb, thelastpope, taraqa, jamine etc on this forum is merely wasting his time. To them GEJ is the perfect president that can do no wrong.

They were in full support of the following obvious GEJ blunders:

I DONT'T GIVE A DAMN ( ASSET DISCLOSURE )

DAME AS PERM SEC IN BAYELSA

UNILAG/ MAULAG ISSUE

RECENT DAME HEALTH ISSUE THAT TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE and now,

ALAMS PARDON.

These are the few that readily came to mind, there are many more.

Read their opinions on the few topics above and you will clearly read some of the most ridiculous argument ever put forward in support of obvious blunders from the office of the president.

To all those trying so hard in trying to let these guys see reason, you are just wasting your time. Read their opinions, smile and engage other forumites with balanced sense of reasoning on issues concerning PDP and GEJ.

I have noticed the ACN have their goons too, but they are actually smart enough to recognize a bad decision from their subject and go into hibernation mode on such topics.

2 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I think you are funny. I like the way you come around with your statement without any backing.
Seriously am factual, US manufacturing base is nearly zeroed. Manufacturers are now franchise dealers. Its really true.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 18, 2013
rman: Anyone that discusess GEJ with the folllowing people Billyonaire, sincerenigerian, ifihearam, pointb, thelastpope, taraqa, jamine etc on this forum is merely wasting his time. To them GEJ is the perfect president that can do no wrong.

They were in full support of the following obvious GEJ blunders:

I DONT'T GIVE A DAMN ( ASSET DISCLOSURE )

DAME AS PERM SEC IN BAYELSA

UNILAG/ MAULAG ISSUE

RECENT DAME HEALTH ISSUE THAT TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE and now,

ALAMS PARDON.

These are the few that readily came to mind, there are many more.

Read their opinions on the few topics above and you will clearly read some of the most ridiculous argument ever put forward in support of obvious blunders from the office of the president.

To all those trying so hard in trying to let these guys see reason, you are just wasting your time. Read their opinions, smile and engage other forumites with balanced sense of reasoning on issues concerning PDP and GEJ.

I have noticed the ACN have their goons too, but they are actually smart enough to recognize a bad decision from their subject and go into hibernation mode on such topics.
You need to Join a Political Party and stop sitting on the fence. Be a force of change from within, cos if you stand for nothing, you fall for pu.ssy.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Gentlemen, this will be all for tonite, I need to rest my head. My angel calls. And I always obey/
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 12:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Point of correction, You can not go to jail for exercising a constitutional mandate. The Constitution says the President has the Prerogative of mercy to grant state pardon and Amnesty to convicted criminals, rebels, militants, fraudsters, drug pushers etc. Its not just in Nigeria, in fact, I am yet to see a country without that presidential fiat. Bill Clinton granted his brother State Pardon in 2001, he was a convicted Drug Pusher. Let's discuss within the ambience of constitutional Law and keep our morality aside, I am not religious.

Oga, Bill Clinton was a wise man not to exercise such constitutional right just two years into his term because he knew the consequences (backlash from the electorate). The democrats wont even toy with such ideas. He granted his brother state pardon in January 2001 (just as he is clocking 8years in white house). That was his last month in White House. Even though there were criticism that followed but then the Republican (Bush) have already won. Leadership is about wisdom and rightly applying it. Doing the right thing at the wrong time just because it is within your ambit to do so is seriously dangerous. Constitution doesn't win votes but the people.I think it is very un-wise to exercise such constitutional right of pardoning a convicted thief in the middle of your term as president unless there is something else we don't know about how to return to power, than through the peoples vote.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 12:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 12:52am On Mar 18, 2013
America seems more dependent on giving 'aid' than nations are on receiving it.

As attested to by their new Secretary of State, John Kerry:

John Kerry Insists Foreign Aid Critical To America's Security

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/21/john-kerry-foreign-aid-london_n_2731946.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-politics?ncid=GEP
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by ewet: 1:02am On Mar 18, 2013
Abeg cut am. We know want d tin b4, all d won wey u don dey send wetin dem dey take am do. ABEG cut am.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 1:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Our constitution clearly states what happens if the President is dead or incapacitated, I do not know how America help enforced our own constitution, I might need your help on that.

Does the nigerian constitution also state that an acting president should consult with officials of a foreign power BEFORE consulting with his own cabinet?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 18, 2013
Who cares?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 18, 2013
I saw this cartoon on Businessday.com on-line.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 18, 2013
I always hesitate to criticize GEJ, but he definitely got on the wrong side on this one! angry

His decision is legal but it's just highly immoral! And is a slap
on the face of honest/hard working Nigerians! angry

Haba GEJ! angry
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by klokwerx: 3:27am On Mar 18, 2013
Why is there no discussion of the unequal distribution of wealth in this forum? The per capita GDP in my country is 16x that of Nigeria... Surely there's some sort of moral imperative for my country to help your country, but i've read countless threads on here and have seen nothing about this. People in my country spend money that could buy food for starving people on the stupidest things... why do $4,000 handbags even exist in a world in which 2.7 billion people live on less than $2 a day? Very interested in the perspective from your country. Thanks from Australia.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 18, 2013
When the US or UK talk about cutting 'aid' to African countries like Nigeria, I can't help but be amazed and ask questions like 'What aid?' lol I would really like to know the Nigerians that have been 'aided' by such 'aids'. They'd better keep their money and use it for something worthwhile.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: US Aid is a form of Neo-Colonization.

The earlier the aids are withdrawn, the better we are.

It's time to celebrate our final Independence.

Looking forward to a successful free Nigeria.

in ur mind huh.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Smooyis(m): 6:14am On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ. Pls dont run a stubborn administration. Whats wrong is wrong. The voice of the people sometimes is the voice of God. The pardon of God is more than that of pardon. Dont put urself in God's position of pardoning mercy. Clannish pardoning of people will only potray u in bad light as is presently happening. Its like u have surrounded urself with bad people. Those who cannot look straight to ur eyes and tell u the truth. Hmmmmm. Watch it!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by plendil: 6:17am On Mar 18, 2013
stillwater: When the US or UK talk about cutting 'aid' to African countries like Nigeria, I can't help but be amazed and ask questions like 'What aid?' lol I would really like to know the Nigerians that have been 'aided' by such 'aids'. They'd better keep their money and use it for something worthwhile.

Then you would have watched over 5 million of your brothers and sisters succumb diseases such as to AIDS, polio, TB and malaria.

One is at liberty to question the altruistic motive of such aids, but the indisputable fact remains that the ordinary Nigerian, especially those financially incapable of jetting out the Hospitals in Europe or US, have benefited immensely from their benevolence.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by nagoma(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: Measly 225 million dollar all rather is 614 million dollars in aid to Nigeria, you called it. You under-estimate what that means to your allusion. Clearly a conspiracy to make the money looks meaningless. It is very obvious you don't know what that can do in a poor country whose resources have been mismanaged by the same people you are supporting. Please! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And at least they try to ensure that the development activities reach the people. The Nigerian government budget is what you see on paper only in the main.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by nagoma(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Listen bro, Politics is not Religion. There is no room for perfection. You simply follow the constitution irrespective of morality. I think the mix up is, you are a nice guy, Politics is not for nice guys, it is for tough men with unshakable spirits and mights. There are certain information that masses not are privy to, of which Presidents make decisions based on. It may not be popular.

So there is room for immorality in leading people? You are rotten and the PDP government is rotten from the core if they think exactly like that. The stench of moral weakness and lack of uprightness is smelled from Nigeria from all over the world.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by plendil: 6:44am On Mar 18, 2013
omo_to_dun:
I completely agree that Nigeria should reject all foreign aid. You do not want to be beholden to any nation. If America truly cares about other nations, then those aids would be unconditional. I think it is cruel to threaten to stop helping poor people because their government made an unpopular decision. Although I hate Jonathan's decision, Nigeria's sovereignty must be respected by all nations; however, given that we are getting stuff from them, they will always use that to manipulate us.

The man paying the money as every gaddem right to determine how the money is spent. If we find it morally appalling that conditions are attached then I think the wisest thing to do is to address those situations the give rise to the need for such aid in the first place.

Indeed, Nigeria, with our vast resources, should be the last country needing such aid. But given our well documented history of mismanagement and corruption, which, sadly, this administration, with its all its posturing has shown no resolving, we have no choice than to accept such assistance.

Moreover, what's really the big deal. All they ask that governments be more accountable to their people. Is that really a bad thing?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by plendil: 7:11am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: Measly 225 million dollar all rather is 614 million dollars in aid to Nigeria, you called it. You under-estimate what that means to your allusion. Clearly a conspiracy to make the money looks meaningless. It is very obvious you don't know what that can do in a poor country whose resources have been mismanaged by the same people you are supporting. Please! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You can imagine the nerve. IT may look measly to them (obviously too small for one Nigerian minister to divert to his personal account), but a trip to the ART sections in any of our decaying local hospitals (the ones that are supposedly budgeted billions each year) and what you see there - the drugs, equipment, in some cases staff salary, are almost 100% supported by the US.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by econome(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2013
DO YOU KNOW THAT CHINA GAVE MORE AIDS THAN THE US IN 2012 GLOBALLY?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Capnd143(m): 7:22am On Mar 18, 2013
chucky234: What a goon,can't imagine how dumb you are.
Things like this affect international relations and the USA being one of the major stakeholders of the Nigeria economy have the right to voice their grievances when our dear retardeen take silly decisions like this one as they expected much from GEJ's govt in the fight against corruption,why pardon a man that is supposed to have been extradited to the UK for trials.
The last time I checked Nigeria is not the only country threaten by foreign bodies or countries,80% of Nigerian crude is exported to the US and $600m in aid is certainly not a small amount buddy.
BTW what have you done to better this country....huh
Pardon is not a crime but becomes one when it involves a man that escaped from UK dressed as a woman,FG should have extradited him to the UK to face his trials just as Ibori was extradited.
i beg to disagree, its just $223 million which apparently we dont need! Just because the give us this stipens doesnt give them the right to dictate how we run our goverment! Would Gej have said anything if obama gave a terrorist a state pardon . . .? No. SO, as much as i disagree with Gej idea of exercising power of pardon, the US Can as well Go to hell with their aid! How has it benefited poor nigerians? This is nt even up to the amount our politicians loot to their banks for safe keeping which the gladly do!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by klokwerx: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Smooyis: GEJ. Pls dont run a stubborn administration. Whats wrong is wrong. The voice of the people sometimes is the voice of God. The pardon of God is more than that of pardon. Dont put urself in God's position of pardoning mercy. Clannish pardoning of people will only potray u in bad light as is presently happening. Its like u have surrounded urself with bad people. Those who cannot look straight to ur eyes and tell u the truth. Hmmmmm. Watch it!

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land." - Desmond Tutu
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 18, 2013
Like we care. cool They act like this man just did something stupid. This is nothing compared to what he has been doing so far. Why act now and not sooner?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by farochron(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Why can't some people think with their head. Should a criminal like alams be granted any pardon anywhere. He did not only commit a great crime but went abroad to disgrace you and me in the full glare of the entire world. In some countries like China he would have been executed. So if US is now trying to teach some dumb leaders how to do things what is wrong with that.

If this is how PHd makes one think then I will rather be a craftman.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by dady12: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2013
dlox147: who is this guy?!!! america can never do what?....guy, america is part of the worlds problem..
mention any terrorist group in the world that you think america ve directly or indirectly supported
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by seyi42k(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Rossikk:

India has not ''caught up with the west'' in any way, shape or form. In fact a recent study showed that India is ''far poorer than Africa''.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

As for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, the major reason they became tiger economies between 1950 and 1990 was massive foreign investment in their economies by western nations led by the US, Western Europe and Japan in the 1950s. The victorious allies were desperate to create capitalist bulwarks against rampaging communism, so they opened their markets to finished goods from Asia, and offered massive incentives to their companies willing to invest in Asia. The rest is history. See, this is why you people need to READ and STUDY, otherwise you will never understand what's going on on this earth. A full grown man like you SHOULD KNOW the reason behind the rise of the Asian tigers. Instead you have in your head the simplistic and ignorant notion that they are somehow superior beings who developed rapidly merely because they ''put their house in order'' when in fact the reasons are a lot more complex.

Stop been disingenious. Kindly read "From Third World to First by Lew Kuan Yew". Your assertion is wrong and picky just to support your line of argument. Yew showed a level of leadership that was instrumental in transforming Singapore.

You seem intelligent but your arguments are those of people paid to defend the government on online forums. You remind me of the sons of the prophet who slapped Jeremiah in the Bible when he made a prophecy that the Kings and his cohorts did not want to hear (1 Kings 22). You should read it, it might show you where your false brilliance will land you and the likes of you in this country.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by ikochukwu(m): 8:45am On Mar 18, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]That dude is just freestyling with our country
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by onchefx: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
NA ONLY Alamieyeseigha BE THIEF FOR NIGERIA? BA SEE THE MAN DON SUFFER THE PARDORN IS RATIONAL,WHAT ABOUT BEOPLE LIKE IBB,ATIKU,OBJ GOWON BODE GEORGE,AND OTHER NA BECOUSE Alamieyeseigha NO BE MEMBER OF THERE CLICK NA HIM MAKE WHERE EM PARDON COME DEY RAISE DUST ABI LOOK HERE THE MAN DON REPENT MAKE AMERICA KEEP THERE MOUTH CLOSE

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frame-up Allegation: Why Obasanjo Should Not Be Worried – Falana / LASG Begins Massive Road Rehabilitation, Covering Of Manholes Across The State / Ministry Of Mines Denies Claims Of CBN Buying Gold From Zamfara State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.