Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon (18546 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / 2015 Senate Campaign Poster For Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
No matter what people say wrong about US it still has little or no tolerance for dealing with lawlessness somehow. I can't image such individual as infamous Alamieyeseigha was pardon of his high crime against the citizens.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by pekelepekele(m): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
I sorry sorry for Nigeria -- Fela Anikulapo

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by dallyemmy: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
sad
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by EkoIle1: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

So when we point out how America's leadership has stolen trillions from its people and from the world, it becomes a ''conspiracy theory''? But in Nigeria's case it is all ''conspiracy fact''.

That just shows how much of a controlled, conditioned DUNCE you are.

STFU, this is about your own country and not AMERICA. America with their shortcomings still managed to develop their country and is the most powerful country in the world while your own country because of the corruption and rot you are defending is yet to give you the most basic needs like clean water to drink, healthcare, quality good education and viable schools, good roads and so on.

You can shout till eternity and act dumb and crazy as if America is responsible for your rot and corrupt way of life, but the joke is on your dumb assss....

Even God forbid I stoop to your ignorant and idiot.ic level for the sake of argument, the fact that one country committed some illegalities doesn't mean you have to follow follow and commit the same illegalities and then foolishly defend your follow follow dumbness by pointing fingers at another country. If America say jump inside fire, shey you go jump like the mumu Retardeen you are?

Are you in elementary school for real, I mean seriously?

4 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
US aid to nigeria is so insignificant in comparison to the huge profits that US oil companies in nigeria make that it is ludicrous of the US to even mention it in the first place. Also majority of this so called aid is merely bribe money given by the US govt to GEJ and his cronies to ensure that US friendly economic policies are implemented and to ensure that US corporations are allowed to operate freely in nigeria without obstruction. The nigerian ruling class use some of the money on weapons and to beef up the military in order to protect themselves from being overthrown -none of this so called aid benefits the nigerian populace and the US know this very well.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

STFU, this is about your own country and not AMERICA. America with their shortcomings still managed to develop their country and is the most powerful country in the world while your own country because of the corruption and rot you are defending is yet to give you the most basic needs like clean water to drink, healthcare, quality good education and viable schools, good roads and so on.

You can shout till eternity and act dumb and crazy as if America is responsible for your rot and corrupt way of life, but the joke is on your dumb assss....

Even God forbid I stoop to your ignorant and idiot.ic level for the sake of argument, the fact that one country committed some illegalities doesn't mean you have to follow follow and commit the same illegalities and then foolishly defend your follow follow dumbness by pointing fingers at another country. If America say jump inside fire, shey you go jump like the mumu Retardeen you are?

Are you in elementary school for real, I mean seriously?

Illiterate airhead. How many years of independence did it take America to get to this stage? 300 years? 350? Nigeria is 50 years and you're comparing her to America? Where was America at 50 years? Flogging, torturing, lynching, ra.ping, enslaving, and denying education to everyone who looked like you as a matter of state policy.

So count your blessings you are in Nigeria at 50 as opposed to America at 50, you worthless, ill-bred, ungrateful, stup.id mor.on and professional white asss licker.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by sammmiey1: 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
Spirit1: I weep for my country. Until we are able to stand up and say enough is enough, this madness will continue in Nigeria, where corrupt politicians will plunder our national wealth and destroy the future of our Children.
Nigerians, why do we watch while our country is a laughing stock in the international community. Tell me which country, business entity or investor that will take Nigeria serious after this shame brought to us by Goodluck Jonathan.
This is the time for us to stand up for our right. This is our "Arab Spring" moment. Let every Nigerian who loves this country stand up and post here, post on twitter, post on Facebook and demand that President Goodluck rescind this shameful act. Carry placards on the streets and say enough is enough!!!
Goodluck just enshrined corruption in our identity and validated the fact that it is ok to plunder the treasures of this country.

Do not think that this will not affect you. The world is a global village and the investment opportunity, the loss of National pride, the harassment in foreign airports and the maltreatment of Nigerians abroad will affect you one way or the other. The refusal of visas to study abroad, for business or for healthcare, because we are viewed as corrupt will affect you. The fact that degrees and government documents issued in Nigeria are potentially fake, will affect you. When the US takes a stand, other developed countries follow suit. Who can forget the case of this criminal that Goodluck still calls his "boss". It made world news, it brought insult to us all, we were ridiculed and now a pardon? If we do nothing, then we are saying this is ok. This is our country and we have to take over our destiny.
This is a slap on our faces. Nigerians, if you love this country this is the time to stand up and say enough is enough. Call on Jonathan to reserve this decision within a week or we will take to the streets and "reverse" his Presidency. Please post and repost and repost and repost.
Do not ignore this clarion call. I weep today for my country, for the blood of our heroes and for the future of our children.
Ur user name depicts it all,so go back 2wia u belong!

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by ayox2003: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
Those I pity the most are those gentle folks that go to villages to provide vaccines for poor nigerians.

Once the aid from the US stops, they become jobless and more kids die. sad coupled with numerous NGOs that live on the USAID. Just imagine the number of people that this aid would affect. Its a domino effect. sad

GEJ must go come 2015.

Frawzey
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
USA is getting me laughing now, so giving us small money like $226m, as aid, that we actually do not need, is a bribe to dictate to us and try to revolt our citizens against Government? Why don't they just come and invade us since all their gimmicks don't work indirectly ?

Alamco was a felon, a criminal, an ex-convict and even a thief, and he was given State Pardon; Yes, State Pardon is meant for Criminals, felons, etc.

Bill Clinton gave Pardon to Fraudsters and Drug pushing friends in 2001. So it is politically correct for US President to give state pardon but pro-corruption for Nigeria President to do so.

Are we actually the 53rd State in United States ?

I think they should concentrate on their plans to assassinate Venezulan opposiione and blame it on the Government, so the citizens can revolt and ask for their much awaited intervention. A ploy to drill oil.
What a bunch of world policing nematodes. I advise USA to send any aid money they have to New Orleans and Mississippi, those blacks there really need their help. Isnt it funny ?

3 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by greaterlove(m): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
I dont even know why this is an issue, the question we should be asking is has goodluck broken the law? who in the first place is pardon meant for? is it not for criminals or is pardon for the law abiding? so if the nigerian government deems an individual to be useful to it and pardons that person so as to enable him work its now seen as bad by the us government? the same us government that has pardoned fraudstars, murderers, pirates etc. if they want an excuse to withdraw their aid this is not a good one.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by abbeybanks(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
$200m-$600m. How much was recovered from Chief Iboro' loot alone? not to talk about the excess crude oil fund grin

I think GEJ felt he has more than enough to run his govt so he is not moved by the threat.

Wait oh how true is it that alams' poster is everywhere in his state about contesting as a senator in next election?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by ckkris: 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
emmatok:

LOL, it is easy to shout illiterate, when. I don't agree with your views.

But i don't live on conspiracy theories.

Try to learn. America and the West take more from Africa than people like you assume they give.
Try also to learn how manufactures dump their goods through AIDS.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by 360command: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
US take your aid, nigeria is not rwanda, uganda,congo, burkina . Instead you are the ones who needs our aid.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by dady12: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
For those of you who are in support of america to withdraw their aid given to nigeria ,i said ,you took a wrong bold step on how to move nigeria forward ,some of you will say the ecomonics of nigeria is inproving,these are the thgs that build a strong economics ,aid is not only cheaper drugs from u s pharmancy. I think the best advice to give mr president is to reverse the pardon because nigeria is going to experience difficulties in terms of relation with america and even in the british.investors will be scare because jonathan failed to think about what the pardon will cause in regard to international relation.nigeria receive aid not only from america ,other country might take their own decision against nigeria.jonathan ve lost focus ,it would ve be better if he did this in 2016 after election .nigerians should show him the way out because earlier the better

2 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Do they USA have anything to offer us if not for our useless leaders they wouldn't have made noise about the non existing so called aid.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by henrysam(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

Illiterate airhead. How many years of independence did it take America to get to this stage? 300 years? 350? Nigeria is 50 years and you're comparing her to America? Where was America at 50 years? Flogging, torturing, lynching, ra.ping, enslaving, and denying education to everyone who looked like you as a matter of state policy.

So count your blessings you are in Nigeria at 50 as opposed to America at 50, you worthless, ill-bred, ungrateful, stup.id mor.on and professional white asss licker.

So because in the olden days children must be up to 6 or 7 years old before starting elementary school, your children too must go and queue and slap their hands on their heads if it reaches their ears before they start school. I pity you this is jet age and stop being ignorant of what is happening globally

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
360command: US take your aid, nigeria is not rwanda, uganda,congo, burkina . Instead you are the ones who needs our aid.
Yes, America has been benefiting from the rest of the world since Monkeys learnt to jump. They always get what they want, by all means. Missionaries on one hand, and arms sales in another hand. It is now fashionable to be hypocrite. They fleece Alams loots in US, and offer us tiny money as AID. Are we South Sudan ? You deny Ngozi Iweala a position she well deserved than anyone on the planet and turn around to say you love us ? I mean an average Nigerian is more intelligent than an average American, do you doubt that ? Then how come yahoo boys were milking them ? So I say, We should not fall for the gimmicks of Western Nematodes, they dont love us sincerely. they keep prophesying our separation in 2016 but we are not bulging, we will not fight! We will love ourselves and intermarry as always. America needs to learn from China, the real world power.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Franknigga(m): 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
AID WHO INFACT MAkE I CALL OGA AT THE TOP grin
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by dady12: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
abbeybanks: $200m-$600m. How much was recovered from Chief Iboro' loot alone? not to talk about the excess crude oil fund grin

I think GEJ felt he has more than enough to run his govt so he is not moved by the threat.

Wait oh how true is it that alams' poster is everywhere in his state about contesting as a senator in next election?
tomorow you will come here to blame GEJ for curruption abi?the money that they recover from abacha and co are in nigeria before naija are still borrowing.u dey hear the OGA AT MY TOP grow up man ,try to learn when someone is ready to coach u
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by DrTony1(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=Ngwakwe]US Aid is a form of Neo-Colonization.

The earlier the aids are withdrawn, the better we are.

It's time to celebrate our final Independence.

Looking forward to a successful free Nigeria.

[/Quote]

Does your government in any way purchase HIV drugs with all its oil well,†ђε US president supplies us with anti-retroviral drug under †ђε PEPFAR scheme, without them do you know how many people would have died long ago, not to talk of Vaccine donation,
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by toluene12: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The aids come in form of vaccines and drugs targeted at specific diseases plaguing Africa and Nigeria which Africa billionaires and governments have ignored.the money is a livesaver to Nigeria poor families who benefit from it. . .though I won't expect Jonathan to reverse the pardon since he and his families are not benefitting from the aid but a travel ban on key officials will do more damage.
I'm surprise this can come from bluetooth, an unrepentant anti west and anti imperialist. anyway the major impact of american aids is in the treatment of HIV and tuberculosis. over 1 million nigerians are on free anti retroviral and anti kochs regimen courtesy of PEPFAR. CDC shouldn't allow politics to come between this noble project. they should find other ways to get at GEJ and his awkward policies.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
henrysam:
So because in the olden days children must be up to 6 or 7 years old before statrting elementary school, your children too must go and queue and slap their hands on their heads if it reaches their ears before they start school. I pity you this is jet age and stop being ignorant of what is happening globally

You are the ignoramus who sees ''what is happening globally'' without a historical perspective or any sort of perspective. A country is developed. Oh it must be because they are great, superior! A country is underdeveloped. Oh it must be because of their thieving leaders. Corruption!

Finish. No history. No economic analysis. No structural, geopolitical, or social analysis. Just the easy black and white, lazy brained conclusions. Anything else is far too tasking. PATHETIC.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
The United States operates the most hypocritical foreign policy in the world - at face value they appear to be all for democracy, justice and human rights but you only have to look at their track record over most of africa to know what they really stand for:

South africa - supported the aparthied regime which relegated black south africans to a position of serviture and second class citizenry in their own country whilst banning the ANC and referring to Nelson Mandela as a terrorist.

Zaire - provided Mobutu with millions of dollars in financial and military aid which enabled him stay in power for a staggering 32 years. His unending stay in office enabled him to amass billions while leaving the masses of his country to wallow in abject poverty.

Angola - funded and trained rebels (in collaboration with aparthied South Africa) who fought a war against the legitimate govt of Angola which lasted for over 20 years and left the country and its people in ruins.

these are just a few of their african victims - there are many more.

USA - God's own country!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
cap28: The United States operates the most hypocritical foreign policy in the world - at face value they appear to be all for democracy, justice and human rights but you only have to look at their track record over most of africa to know what they really stand for:

South africa - supported the aparthied regime which relegated black south africans to a position of serviture and second class citizenry in their own country whilst banning the ANC and referring to Nelson Mandela as a terrorist.

Zaire - provided Mobutu with millions of dollars in financial and military aid which enabled him stay in power for a staggering 32 years. His unending stay in office enabled him to amass billions while leaving the masses of his country to wallow in abject poverty.

Angola - funded and trained rebels (in collaboration with aparthied South Africa) who fought a war lasting over 20 years leaving the country and its people in ruins.

USA - God's own country!
They sell you democracy, so they can catalyze the opposition if the Government is Anti-US gains. They cant penetrate communist countries so they preach democracy and use Press domination to revolt citizens against their Government. Occupy Wall Street was not shown to the world. Hypocrites, a police state with highest number of prison inmates in the world.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by nuelkaosi(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ma name is Nuel.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
@Dr.Tony]
Do you actually ask yourself if the true cost of ARDs are worth a cent ? And who is behind the large Pharmaceutical Companies that are paid for the PEPFAR drugs ?

Do you really try to find out what HIV is and how it was introduced to Africa and it ravages Africa that have less sex but is not killing millions in the West where people Bleep like dogs ? Guy, please allow me.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
cap28: The United States operates the most hypocritical foreign policy in the world - at face value they appear to be all for democracy, justice and human rights but you only have to look at their track record over most of africa to know what they really stand for:

Angola - funded and trained rebels (in collaboration with aparthied South Africa) who fought a war against the legitimate govt of Angola which lasted for over 20 years and left the country and its people in ruins.

USA - God's own country!

The sad thing is that you expect every reasonably educated Nigerian to know these things and yet, it's like they're completely ignorant of it all. To most of them the USA is this really great moral arbiter whom we should all look up to and emulate. It's really pathetic. If Nigeria DID emulate America, it means we would go to war every year with at least one African nation in order to seize/loot their resources. And enrich ourselves. If we did that every year for say 30 years, we would be able to cater for every Nigerian and everywhere will be developed like the USA. Is that what people want? No? Then don't mention America.

Do you know that the US holds more oil reserves than Nigeria?

But they won't use theirs. They will rather go abroad and loot others' oil for cheap, imposing compliant dictators to hand them over nations' wealth in the name of 'liberating' the country. I mean this is GRAND CORRUPTION we are talking about. Nigeria in comparison is a kindergarten compared to what these Americans get up to.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
henrysam:
So because in the olden days children must be up to 6 or 7 years old before starting elementary school, your children too must go and queue and slap their hands on their heads if it reaches their ears before they start school. I pity you this is jet age and stop being ignorant of what is happening globally
Don't mind that village fool! He has nothing meaningful to contribute to Nigeria than praise the backwardness like foolish Africans used to do.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

The sad thing is that you expect every reasonably educated Nigerian to know these things and yet, it's like they're completely ignorant of it all. To most of them the USA is this really great moral arbiter whom we should all look up to and emulate. It's really pathetic. If Nigeria DID emulate America, it means we would go to war every year with at least one African nation in order to seize/loot their resources. And enrich ourselves. If we did that every year for say 30 years, we would be able to cater for every Nigerian. Is that what people want? No? Then don't mention America.

Do you know that the US holds more oil reserves than Nigeria?

But they won't use theirs. They will rather go abroad and loot others' oil for cheap, imposing compliant dictators to hand them over nations' wealth in the name of 'liberating' the country. I mean this is GRAND CORRUPTION we are talking about. Nigeria in comparison is a kindergarten compared to what these Americans get up to.

My only happiness is that China is playing the real games of Power, and with their Population and Economic Advantage this Era of world domination will be something to remember.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by emmatok(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

So when we point out how America's leadership has stolen trillions from its people and from the world, it becomes a ''conspiracy theory''? But in Nigeria's case it is all ''conspiracy fact''.

That just shows how much of a controlled, conditioned DUNCE you are.

Fool every country steals from her people
Just today CYPRUS is using her citizens bank deposite for bailout.

Should we their corruption as an excuse for our corruption.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Capnd143(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
say to the righteous, it is well! As much as i dont suppport person Gej decision, but is it everything that the US involves with politics? Even weapons sales are involved in politics, thats y nigeria is looking and leaning towards asia! Now aid is political too? To hell with their aid! Cut your bloody aid! Tell the Us to go to hell with their aid! UK TRIED THIS SAME RUBBISH DURING SAME-SEX BILL APROVAL . . . To Hell with their aid!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Kairoseki77: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk: US ''aid'' to Nigeria is limited to 'HIV treatment', which is where the bulk of the 300 million dollars goes. Part of the conditions of the 'aid' is that the 'HIV drugs' (Goodness knows what's contained in them) are purchased from (you guessed it) US pharmaceutical companies.

Nigeria is a nation with an annual GDP of $400 billion and so will not miss any ''aid'' by the USA which itself could not send any ''aid'' to anyone if China stopped lending money to her. The US of course is bankrupt, rap.ed by a corrupt system that LEGALLY deprives its people of TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS which it hands to a small group of bankers and their political associates, leaving hundreds of millions in debt, homeless, destitute, and locked in crime-ridden ghettoes.

A nation essentially living on credit and borrowed time.

How long before the loud implosion?

Lay off the marijuana buddy.

China holds a small minority of US debt, and they don't buy our debt as charity. They buy it because it's the only way they can keep their prices low on the world markets.

We are not any where near being bankrupt...sigh. Maybe you should move to communist China (were a website like Nairaland would be censored by the government) and then come back and talk to me about neo-colonialism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors / Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP / PDP Wins 26, APC 5 Assembly Seats In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.