Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon (18534 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / 2015 Senate Campaign Poster For Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Billyonaire, I respect your views as much as you are bent on saying the truth. Of what good is allegiance when it is to the aid of criminals in our country? Let's stand firm on transparency and say the truth where it needs to be told. I don't see this State pardon of Alamieyeseigha as one that should have been carried out.
Listen bro, Politics is not Religion. There is no room for perfection. You simply follow the constitution irrespective of morality. I think the mix up is, you are a nice guy, Politics is not for nice guys, it is for tough men with unshakable spirits and mights. There are certain information that masses not are privy to, of which Presidents make decisions based on. It may not be popular.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
sad
Rossikk: US ''aid'' to Nigeria is limited to 'HIV treatment', which is where the bulk of the 300 million dollars goes. Part of the conditions of the 'aid' is that the 'HIV drugs' (Goodness knows what's contained in them) are purchased from (you guessed it) US pharmaceutical companies.

Nigeria is a nation with an annual GDP of $400 billion and so will not miss any ''aid'' by the USA which itself could not send any ''aid'' to anyone if China stopped lending money to her. The US of course is bankrupt, rap.ed by a corrupt system that LEGALLY deprives its people of TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS which it hands to a small group of bankers and their political associates, leaving hundreds of millions in debt, homeless, destitute, and locked in crime-ridden ghettoes.

A nation essentially living on credit and borrowed time.

How long before the loud implosion?

U are such an ingrate, honestly

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
negosus:

May be in political parlance there exist such bullying, but there is no excuse for being caught in GB laundering money and jumping bail in the capacity of a Nigerian executive Governor. What do you think will be the perception of the world about the rest of us. Alams, Dariye, Ibori et'al cases are real criminal cases but could easily be buried as political bullying and/or even be painted with tribal coloration as persecution, only when the plot fails. We can't continue like this because it will NOT work. It is failure certified. I am thinking...if I should jump bus now or remain to repair this failed system. I choose the later.
Well, like I said, Politics is not Religion, so Morality is out of the Equation. If I am President, I will grant my benefactors State Pardon, it might not be right in the eyes of the masses, but thats the least I can do, since the Constitution permits. What ever the Outside world think is of no consequence to us, we are sovereign, we are independent.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

There is a LOT MORE TO SHOW IN NIGERIA THAN THE MEASLY 225 MILLION DOLLARS ''AID'' MONEY SENT BY THE USA. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THEN YOU NEED PSYCHIATRIC HELP.
Measly 225 million dollar all rather is 614 million dollars in aid to Nigeria, you called it. You under-estimate what that means to your allusion. Clearly a conspiracy to make the money looks meaningless. It is very obvious you don't know what that can do in a poor country whose resources have been mismanaged by the same people you are supporting. Please! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
This whole 'aid' business is really just an international racket by the west geared partly at 'maintaining' the illusion of supremacy. Many ordinary westerners are kicking against what they see as 'big boy posturing' by their governments, as their economies sink in debt and unemployment. You'll be surprised to know that Britain gives 'aid' to China and India. The US also gives annual 'aid' to India, Brazil and China, even though she owes China trillions of dollars.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Measly 225 million dollar all rather is 614 million dollars in aid to Nigeria, you called it. You under-estimate what that means to your allusion. Clearly a conspiracy to make the money looks meaningless. It is very obvious you don't know what that can do in a poor country whose resources have been mismanaged by the same people you are supporting. Please! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Be careful with aid, nothing is free. If you ask me, I will say, we should reject all foreign aids.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by chucky234(m): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Can you avail me the lexicon with such stupendous laxity or you should I rather say you are politically color-blind ?
Politically color-blind? I can't stop laughing at your lame political theories

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
chucky234: Politically color-blind? I can't stop laughing at your lame political theories
Well, its lame to you, but its factual to others. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Some day you will know the truth, but you need to start reading and stop depending on CNN for news. Let me warn you, I am not interested in your name calling contest, I am too mature to act kiddish.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Be careful with aid, nothing is free. If you ask me, I will say, we should reject all foreign aids.
Can you please explain the reason why you think I should be care about US aid or together reject it?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun:
I completely agree that Nigeria should reject all foreign aid. You do not want to be beholden to any nation. If America truly cares about other nations, then those aids would be unconditional. I think it is cruel to threaten to stop helping poor people because their government made an unpopular decision. Although I hate Jonathan's decision, Nigeria's sovereignty must be respected by all nations; however, given that we are getting stuff from them, they will always use that to manipulate us.
You are absolute on the same page with me on this one. When they give you aid, you become a debtor of gratitude to them, the next minute they want to station a warship at your backyard to stage another war in the region. America is such a corny & hypocritical lady.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Can you please explain the reason why you think I should be care about US aid or together reject it?
Its common knowledge that you always feel indebted to someone who offers you assistance or credit. Nothing is actually free in nature. Most gifts are Greek's Horses. I say Beware!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun:
I completely agree that Nigeria should reject all foreign aid. You do not want to be beholden to any nation. If America truly cares about other nations, then those aids would be unconditional. I think it is cruel to threaten to stop helping poor people because their government made an unpopular decision. Although I hate Jonathan's decision, Nigeria's sovereignty must be respected by all nations; however, given that we are getting stuff from them, they will always use that to manipulate us.
The condition is quite the only way to, I think,that can put a red stamp on this State pardon. That maybe wrong but it is the right thing to do when diplomacy is no longer working. It should always be the last resort though.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun:

nigeria is not a sovereign nation - our "independence" was just a smokescreen. Our ruling elite merely cut a deal with britain - the deal was that the ruling elite would be allowed to remain in power for as long as they wished provided they allowed europe and america access to our oil on their terms.

You can never be a sovereign nation if you do not dictate your own economic policies and defend yourself militarily from external aggression.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: I beg to disagree, Nigerians I interacted with outside of nairaland are actually very passionate of GEJ, they see the humility in him. They say he has introduced human face to governance. Every one seems to agree that he is not corrupt. I do know for a fact, that he will return to Aso Rock again come 2015. The opposition has so far proven to be not ready for winning ways judging from their ignorance to even register a party before gallivanting, now some boys somewhere have laid claim to the APC acronym while they play blame game. As for me, I am not ready to vote for confused for any confused Party.
I am not sure how you did your interactions but believe me it has not been the best of times for Nigerians in the past thirteen years and the last two-to-five years is better described as confusing. From go-slow to abrupt stop and now round-and-round the circle, we have not moved at all for a while. I voted GEJ on the basis that he is slightly young, less involved in die-hard politics and has been thrown up by providence, but now I know how terribly wrong I was. It was a mistake that I have learnt my lesson and would not want to repeat. If other Nigerians can also look beyond the peripherals and dig deep into who will lead us, then GEJ should by now be trying all sorts to win our hearts. But the way it appears now, he is more concerned about the so-called power brokers like Alams. Time is changing and is changing fast. There will be surprises. Nothing is cast yet on gold.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
cap28:

nigeria is not a sovereign nation - our "independence" was just a smokescreen. Our ruling elite merely cut a deal with britain - the deal was that the ruling elite would be allowed to remain in power for as long as they wished provided they allowed europe and america access to our oil on their terms.

You can never be a sovereign nation if you do not dictate your own economic policies and defend yourself militarily from external aggression.

Well, I seem to understand you but we are politically sovereign and independent. I can understand that we are economically and militarily neophytes. But by being his own man, GEJ has proven that he doesnt have to take decisions that America and Britain adores, at least on a small scale, I can only see the bigger picture. People think Jonathan is dull, I think different, I think he is a smart a/s/s politician that doesnt give a damn.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 18, 2013
negosus:
I am not sure how you did your interactions but believe me it has not been the best of times for Nigerians in the past thirteen years and the last two-to-five years is better described as confusing. From go-slow to abrupt stop and now round-and-round the circle, we have not moved at all for a while. I voted GEJ on the basis that he is slightly young, less involved in die-hard politics and has been thrown up by providence, but now I know how terribly wrong I was. It was a mistake that I have learnt my lesson and would not want to repeat. If other Nigerians can also look beyond the peripherals and dig deep into who will lead us, then GEJ should by now be trying all sorts to win our hearts. But the way it appears now, he is more concerned about the so-called power brokers like Alams. Time is changing and is changing fast. There will be surprises. Nothing is cast yet on gold.
I can assure you that GEJ is moving on the right path. But we seem to not look at the bigger pictures. He has done great since his 2yrs Administration began, its too early for us to judge. I am sure you can recount the many things he has done, and believe me there were too many bottle necks. The expositions of covered corruptions of past administrations like Oil wells ownerships, Subsidy complexities etc are achievements, we wouldnt have hitherto known these channels of corruptions.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Its common knowledge that you always feel indebted to someone who offers you assistance or credit. Nothing is actually free in nature. Most gifts are Greek's Horses. I say Beware!
That is not explanation. I don't need to be reminded about common knowledge. That can be very misleading as you are looking at it from a family circle. Aid is not indebtedness only that it makes many country lazy. Instead of working hard to grow and develop the economy but would make a nation relies on the benefits of aid. To many poor countries it goes a long way to sustain part of the nation expenditure. It works like income benefits during economic crisis.

Not until we are able to grow and develop our economy this aid is completely helping in many ways to the people and economy. That, we can not deny.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: That is not explanation. I don't need to be reminded about common knowledge. That can be very misleading as you are looking at it from a family circle. Aid is not indebtedness only that it makes many country lazy. Instead of working hard to grow and develop the economy but would make a nation rely on the benefits of aid. To many poor countries it goes a long way to sustain part of the nation expenditure. It is works like income benefits during economic crisis.

Not until we are able to grow and develop our economy this aid is completely helping in many ways to the people and economy. That, we can not deny.

Point of correction, the aid is not given to grow our economy, far from it, its given to a certain health sector and guess where the company that we spend the funds to buy drugs come from ? We do not need aid, if America decides to insult our sovereignty cos of paltry sum, then to hell with Uncle Sam. We do not need such Greek's horses. Please.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Well, like I said, Politics is not Religion, so Morality is out of the Equation. If I am President, I will grant my benefactors State Pardon, it might not be right in the eyes of the masses, but thats the least I can do, since the Constitution permits. What ever the Outside world think is of no consequence to us, we are sovereign, we are independent.
You are saying this because as it stands, GEJ and you guys, are basking on taking advantage of the warped Nigerian system.
In a sane world, if you make such attempt as you wrote, you are going to jail straight. Nevertheless, this system must be re-worked to save us from total collapse due to the activities of political and economic predators. We are sovereign but not an island to the rest of the world. Unless, you are telling me that I am already in Zimbabwe where opinions don't count but just be Lukman.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 18, 2013
negosus:
You are saying this because as it stands, GEJ and you guys, are basking on taking advantage of the warped Nigerian system.
In a sane world, if you make such attempt as you wrote, you are going to jail straight. Nevertheless, this system must be re-worked to save us from total collapse due to the activities of political and economic predators. We are sovereign but not an island to the rest of the world. Unless, you are telling me that I am already in Zimbabwe where opinions don't count but just be Lukman.
Point of correction, You can not go to jail for exercising a constitutional mandate. The Constitution says the President has the Prerogative of mercy to grant state pardon and Amnesty to convicted criminals, rebels, militants, fraudsters, drug pushers etc. Its not just in Nigeria, in fact, I am yet to see a country without that presidential fiat. Bill Clinton granted his brother State Pardon in 2001, he was a convicted Drug Pusher. Let's discuss within the ambience of constitutional Law and keep our morality aside, I am not religious.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Obijulius: 12:12am On Mar 18, 2013
Who Cares!!! We get oil!!!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 12:12am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Well, I seem to understand you but we are politically sovereign and independent. I can understand that we are economically and militarily neophytes. But by being his own man, GEJ has proven that he doesnt have to take decisions that America and Britain adores, at least on a small scale, I can only see the bigger picture. People think Jonathan is dull, I think different, I think he is a smart a/s/s politician that doesnt give a damn.

Goodluck Jonathan is not his own man and he is only where he is today courtesy of america who placed him in power, the US own and control GEJ and his cronies lock, stock and barrell. My beleif is that this whole furore over Alamieysigha is just a diversion - the US couldnt care less how many crooks GEJ pardons.

Obasanjo wanted to become nigeria's life president just like Mobutu of Zaire - the united states backed him but the nigerian people rejected him, as a result Obasanjo used Yaradua and now GEJ as de facto rulers of nigeria on his behalf - GEJ is Obasanjo's puppet and Obasanjo is a puppet of the United States.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire:

Point of correction, the aid is not given to grow our economy, far from it, its given to a certain health sector and guess where the company that we spend the funds to buy drugs come from ? We do not need aid, if America decides to insult our sovereignty cos of paltry sum, then to hell with Uncle Sam. We do not need such Greek's horses. Please.
I never said that aid is given to grow the economy either! I was stating the obvious economic benefits.Period!

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 18, 2013
cap28:

Goodluck Jonathan is not his own man and he is only where he is today courtesy of america who placed him in power, the US own and control GEJ and his cronies lock, stock and barrell. My beleif is that this whole furore over Alamieysigha is just a diversion - the US couldnt care less how many crooks GEJ pardons.

Obasanjo wanted to become nigeria's life president just like Mobutu of Zaire - the united states backed him but the nigerian people rejected him, as a result Obasanjo used Yaradua and now GEJ as de facto rulers of nigeria on his behalf - GEJ is Obasanjo's puppet and Obasanjo is a puppet of the United States.

Well, you seem to love Conspiracy theory so let me spin mine, Alamieysigha's Pardon will calm the Niger Delta militants and American Covet agents selling arms to militants will not succeed in sabotaging the region and buying cheap oil so they want Alams to remain in conflict with Government and steer clear the peace initiatives to enable them continue their covet arms sales and instability of the region for cheap oil. How does mine sound ? But seriously I admire you knowledge base, who knows, there are elements of truth in every amebo.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by stremy21(m): 12:18am On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: US Aid is a form of Neo-Colonization.

The earlier the aids are withdrawn, the better we are.

It's time to celebrate our final Independence.

Looking forward to a successful free Nigeria.

Paid blogger you are dude/duchess shocked
Ngwakwe: US Aid is a form of Neo-Colonization.

The earlier the aids are withdrawn, the better we are.

It's time to celebrate our final Independence.

Looking forward to a successful free Nigeria.

Paid blogger you are dude/duchess
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Well, you seem to love Conspiracy theory so let me spin mine, Alamieysigha's Pardon will calm the Niger Delta militants and American Covet agents selling arms to militants will not succeed in sabotaging the region and buying cheap oil so they want Alams to remain in conflict with Government and steer clear the peace initiatives to enable them continue their covet arms sales and instability of the region for cheap oil. How does mine sound ? But seriously I admire you knowledge base, who knows, there are elements of truth in every amebo.
Did you write the phrase in bold intentionally? I disagree with that, as there is not single evidence whatsoever to prove your point.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by cap28: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire what is the conspiracy theory about Goodluck being a puppet of Obasanjo and the United States?

Cast your mind back to the time when Yaradua suddenly became incommunicado. Why did the then vice president GEJ meet with US govt officials before meeting with his own cabinet?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: I never said that aid is given to grow the economy either! I was stating the obvious economic benefits.Period!
America has nothing to offer anyone my bro, they owe the entire world. Their manufacturing sector has been crippled by the Economic Power, China.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 18, 2013
cap28: Billyonaire what is the conspiracy theory about Goodluck being a puppet of Obasanjo and the United States?

Cast your mind back to the time when Yaradua suddenly became incommunicado. Why did the then vice president GEJ meet with US govt officials before meeting with his own cabinet?

Our constitution clearly states what happens if the President is dead or incapacitated, I do not know how America help enforced our own constitution, I might need your help on that.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by CROWE: 12:27am On Mar 18, 2013
Gej lost my vote in 2015 over this. It is the kind of stewpidity that I have no words for.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 18, 2013
all4naija: Did you write the phrase in bold intentionally? I disagree with that, as there is not single evidence whatsoever to prove your point.
I clearly stated its my own conspiracy theory just the mess with Cap28's head. Its a game of words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Expects 100% Compliance On TSA As Deadline Ends Today / FG Out With 33 Policy Actions To Revamp Economy / Protest Against Rivers Judiciary Ongoing In Port-Harcourt.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.