Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62644 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
" I'll join!"

Michael startled, turned around to see who it was.

It was Blessing whom he had left in the sitting room some few minutes ago with something to deliberate on and not even up to one hour later, she had agreed to join on such a dangerous task. He was really surprised.

"So soon?" he asked elated

"Yes, any plans yet?" she asked in a rather businesslike tone

"Erm, we have been planning to strike Freedom bank. It will go down in the next two days, every other thing is ready apart from an experienced driver and I know just where to get him. Leave that to me"

"Okay"

"I'll be going out, there's milk and bread in the fridge. You can..."

She did not allow him to finish before she interrupted.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself"

"Okay" Michael looked at her puzzled.

It was later in the evening that Michael came back. He was with two people, Iyke and one other person that Blessing did not know.
"Good evening" she greeted them as they stepped into the house after she had opened the door for them

"Good evening" they responded in a chorus

"This is Samuel" Michael said introducing the unknown guest "he's the person I told you about"

"Its nice meeting you. I'm Blessing" she said going for a handshake

"You too. I'm Samuel as he rightly introduced. You can call me Sammy"

His face looked familiar but she couldn't remember where she had met him before.

"Have we met before?" she asked

"No, I don't think so"

"It's alright. Okay boys, to the parlour. I prepared a special dish for you all"

"Wow, I can't wait to have a taste of it. I'm really famished" Michael responded following her to the kitchen.

"You too, parlour!" she issued what sounded like a command

"Okay" Michael said laughing.

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Tomorrow, we continue.

Any objections??
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
Neduzze5: Tomorrow, we continue.

Any objections??
yes la wa oo why will u cut dis story now dat am beginning to enjoy it
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hmmm,nyc update buh i tink Sammy s 1 of dos d@ killed ha mum n raped ha
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 1:58am On Jul 22, 2013
Yahoo ?? It cant get worse than this, can it ?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2013
Cute bliss: yes la wa oo why will u cut dis story now dat am beginning to enjoy it

No vex! I go soon update morning dose.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2013
"Here's yours" Michael said handing over a shot gun to Blessing as they prepared to rob Freedom Bank.

He then collected an Ak-47 and gave another one to Iyke. He gave a shot gun to Samuel the driver in case of anything.

"Let's get dressed"

They all wore their leather clothes which was completely black in colour before putting on their mask. The cloth was the type of clothes worn by bike racers which covered them completely. They also had their hand gloves on and each of them had a mask.

Soon they were in Michael's Mercedes Benz E class headed towards Freedom Bank.

Michael had earlier removed the plate number of the car just for security reasons to avoid someone spotting them and cramming the number.

Freedom bank was one of the smallest banks in Ph. It was located at Artillery Junction. It had no fence or gate which made it easy to attack and there were three roads that led to the bank.

Sammy who had been a taxi driver for about four years had a broad knowledge of all the interlinking roads around the area and its axis so he faced the car towards the route which would give them an easier escape.

The three robbers apart from the driver stepped down from the car and walked into the bank in a commando style. Staff and customers of the bank turned their heads around to see the newest "customers" of the bank only to be greeted with a shock.

"Everybody lie down" Iyke commanded and let out some shots into the air which lodged themselves in the ceiling.
The time was 9am and the bank was just opening so there were no much customers in the bank. Those who were around simply took to the ground immediately screaming in fear.

"Shut up, shut up, if I hear any noise again, I'll blast that person's head off" there was immediate quietness in the banking hall as soon as Michael said that.

"Who's the manager here" he asked dragging one man up from the ground and pointing the gun at him.

"He...he..he is t...the one" the man stammered pointing to one other man in suit who was on the ground shivering in fear.

Michael literally flung his informant to the ground and went for the manager.

Dragging him up from the ground, he pushed him to the counter and thrust a ghana-must-go bag to him.

"I want this bag filled to the brim with money now unless you want to go to your Creator"

The manager nodded in the negative with fear written all over his face.

"Good, oya move" he said half pushing and half kicking him towards the bank's strong room.

Iyke and Blessing was left in the banking hall. They paraded the hall making sure that no one made any call or received any call.

"Is that all you have" Michael asked the manager in anger

He nodded in the positive frightened

"Damn" Michael exclaimed and hit him with the gun on his head.

"Let's go" he shouted to his guys

Iyke led the way with Blessing following behind and Michael at the rear.

"Kpaaaa" a gunshot was heard as they were about reaching the door of the bank.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Candis009: Hmmm,nyc update buh i tink Sammy s 1 of dos d@ killed ha mum n raped ha

Hmm... I have intelligent guys in here oh!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
Neduzze who is henry and dis ur update is very short o
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
oyestephen: Yahoo ?? It cant get worse than this, can it ?

Too bad, you came late.
Its already badder than this.

Read on!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cute bliss: Neduzze who is henry and dis ur update is very short o

Henry is Blessing's friend in secondary school back in the days.

I've not mentioned anything recently on him or have I??

And for the short update, I'll remedy it later today.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
U mke bank robbery sound soooooo easy. Bank wit no fence or gate? Na osusu bank? Well carry on.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
Neduzze5:

Henry is Blessing's friend in secondary school back in the days.

I've not mentioned anything recently on him or have I??

And for the short update, I'll remedy it later today.
yes u mentioned him in ur last update
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cute bliss: yes u mentioned him in ur last update

Corrected!

Thank you very much.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hmmmmm, kpaaa. Am sure it wasn't blessing dt was shot o. He na she i go cut ur kpekus
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
The sound of a bullet was heard and the bullet singed past Michael narrowly missing the back of his head and lodging itself in the door ahead of them.

Blessing who heard the sound swerved at once and let out a shot from her gun.

It hit the shooter on his stomach which sent him to the ground. Iyke shot him twice just to confirm.

"Jesus!" Blessing exclaimed and let her gun fall while sinking to the ground when she realized the enormity of what she had done.

"Let's go" Michael shouted picking up her gun and pulling her up.

It was the security man attached to the bank she had shot. He was in the bathroom when they came and was alerted by the gun shots they had let out. He had called for back up from the police but their excuse was that they didn't have petrol in their van. It was when they where about to leave that he decided to act, shooting and missing narrowly and being shot.

"Move the car" Iyke shouted as soon as they entered the car.

Sammy wasted no time in speeding off. In fact, there was no need to run because nobody chased them. They all arrived home safely and clean without scratches.

At Michael's house, they all shared a bottle of wine while counting the money. It was just five hundred thousand naira.

Michael took two hundred thousand naira and gave them hundred thousand each.

Later that evening, Blessing sat outside the house on the grass in front of it lost in her thoughts.

She was soon joined by Samuel. She didn't notice when he sat by her side.

"Good evening" he greeted her bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Good evening" she replied nonchalantly

"What have you been thinking about?" he asked

"I killed a man today" she sounded sober

"What?"

"Yes, during the operation. It was in defence. He shot at us almost hitting Michael in the process and I replied killing him"

"As you rightly said, it was in self defense. It's okay, I know what it feels like"

"No you don't. You don't at all. How can you claim to know what it feels like, the guilt, the pain, the pricking conscience always reminding you of the fact that you cut down a man in his primes. And you sit here and say that you know how it feels like? Have you ever killed someone in your life before? Tell me, have you?" she asked distraught and almost on the verge of crying

"Yes I have" was the calm response from Sammy as he stared into the emptiness of the night.

"What?" she asked sitting up straight, ready to hear his story.

"Yours was even in self defense. Mine was a helpless old woman I killed once after robbing she and her daughter of their money. She wanted to shout for help so I had no option than to shoot her after taking her money and raping her daughter. It's not really been easy for me since then. I still feel the guilt up till now and sometimes I wish i never picked them up that evening. If there was a way, the hands of time could be turned back, then I would gladly do it and remove this guilt from my mind" Samuel said sounding sorry.

For Blessing, memories began flooding back due to what he had said.

"Kill an old woman.... steal her money .... rape her daughter.... pick them up in the evening..." all these were the thoughts running in her head

She remembered the events of that day clearly and they matched what the young man had said clearly. But it wasn't just okay to make an assumption without being sure so she asked him a question

"Jesus.... Did this happen in this state?" she asked hiding her curiosity and trying to sound concerned so as for him not to suspect anything.

"It didn't just happen in this state, it happened in this city, Rumuomasi to be precise" he ranted on trying to make her feel better.

He thought she was a Rumokwurushi girl that was why he was so open to her and secondly, he was sorry for his wrongdoings.

Blessing was now completely satisfied. It was him that killed her mother, stole their money, raped her and destroyed the happiness that once existed in her life.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:47am On Jul 23, 2013
Damex333: Hmmmmm, kpaaa. Am sure it wasn't blessing dt was shot o. He na she i go cut ur kpekus

Lol... Actor dey die for film?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Haba, no comments yet on the last update?

Na wa oh. See you guys later sha
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2013
new dawn in thievery for a girl who was intelligent and humble @the beginning of the story.
seriously, you can do better in your next updates. .not feeling this at all.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2013
Neduzze5: Haba, no comments yet on the last update?

Na wa oh. See you guys later sha
nice one but don't keep me waitin o
Re: Story: A New Dawn by pammusphy(m): 1:06am On Jul 24, 2013
Its easy to predict what comes next. Im not saying you should make it clumsy and confusing
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Macelliot(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
@op. Make u update fast now. Cos slow update makes the story dull & scrappy.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Cute bliss: nice one but don't keep me waitin o

Okay, update coming up soon.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:14am On Jul 24, 2013
pammusphy: Its easy to predict what comes next. Im not saying you should make it clumsy and confusing

Well, you can say that again. cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Blessing was now completely satisfied. It was him that killed her mother, stole their money, raped her and destroyed the happiness that once existed in her life. Anger began to well up inside of her at this beast who had taken her pride of womanhood from her. One characteristic Blessing possesssed was the ability to store up pent up anger and allow it explode at the right time. She was very revengeful, always wanting to exact her own pound of flesh. This wasn't going to be different. She sure was going to revenge....

"This is where you guys are and I've been looking for you two all over the house" Michael said. He just came out of the house and was standing just outside the door.

"Is the food ready" Sammy asked

"Yes, courtesy of our one and only cook, Iyke! Come in guys, don't keep us waiting"

"Okay" Sammy said and stood up

Blessing didn't move

"Aren't you coming inside?" Sammy asked her

"Yeah, I'm coming" she replied trying to sound cool

"Let me pull you up" Sammy said offering her his right hand

Blessing looked at the hand in disgust, the hand that he had used to caress her, the hand that had torn off her clothes exposing her vulnerability and worst of all, the hand that had pulled the trigger that sent her mum to her early grave.

Her anger was at its limit, just a thin line between picking up a bottle and smashing it on his head.

"I said I'm coming!!" she screamed

"Okay, Okay" Sammy said apparently confused as to her harsh and uncouth behaviour which was uncalled for. he then walked towards the house looking back a few times to glance at her still in confusion as to what he had done wrong

Blessing stayed outside for a while planning and scheming on how to exact her revenge. She needed a fool proof plan, she needed to revenge and at all cost.

"This fool must pay for my sufferings" she said as she walked into the house
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
No mb to use and post the remaining *sad*
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Macelliot: @op. Make u update fast now. Cos slow update makes the story dull & scrappy.

Yes Sir
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
"Hey girl, be fast. What is it that you are even wearing that nobody has ever worn before?"

Michael shouted from across the parlour as he waited for Blessing to dress up.

It was the next day after they had gone for the robbery. Michael had promised her that they were going to complete her father's medical bills that day and here they were, he had finished dressing up and she was still in the room dressing.

"Women and time wasting" he said aloud to himself

"What did you say"

Michael heard a feminine voice behind him and he turned around. It was Blessing

"Wow, my God! You look astonishing" Michael complimented on her looks.

She was dressed in a white long sleeve shirt and a long flowing skirt. The weavon she carried on her hair looked all the better on her.

"Oh my God. Are you serious?" she asked jokingly

"Yes I'm. Very very serious"

"Oh, thanks"

"Can we now go?"

"Are we waiting for anyone else?"

"Actually, it was then I was waiting for you but now, no"

"Then let's go"

With her arm entwined with his, they walked out of the house like a couple about to wed. Her white shirt even made it look more as though they were about to wed. He opened the front passenger's door of the car for her and closed it when she had entered. Then he went back to lock the door of the house because Iyke and Sammy had earlier left the house.

Entering his car, he drove off. The ride to the hospital was long and tortuous because of the the traffic jam on the road. One hour later, they got to the hospital.

"Good morning dear" Michael greeted the receptionist while Blessing simply waved

"Good morning" she replied

"Is the doctor on seat?" Michael asked the receptionist

"Yes he is" she replied and directed him towards the doctor's office.

Michael and Blessing walked towards the doctor's office. She walked apprehensively and with an unsteady heartbeat.

Michael knocked on the door and opened it at once.

"Sorry" he whispered and closed it at once

The doctor was in his office with somebody....
Some minutes later, the visitor came out and they went in

"Good morning doctor" they both chorused

"Good morning" he replied

"What can I do for you?" he continued

"We are here in respect of Miss Blessing's father" he replied

"Oh yes, I know her. How are you?" he asked

"I'm fine"

"Erm... Young lady..." he didn't finish his statement but went along to open a file.

"Yes, we know and that's why we are here. We want to deposit the remaining...." he didn't also finish his statement before he was cut short by the doctor.

"No, That's not what I'm talking about" he replied

"Your father is dead, yesterday night. He died of Asphyxia, that's the inability to breathe" the doctor pronounced sadly

Blessing's head seemed to spin on hearing these words and she fell to the ground in a fit.

"Doctor, don't let her die" were the last words she heard before she finally passed out.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
And you expect a comment for this

Try the next door undecided undecided
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
excusez moi ...white long-sleeve shirt and long flowing gown

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
losprince: And you expect a comment for this

Try the next door undecided undecided

Lol, chapter nine things next jare. Catch you later

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.