Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62643 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2013
cry
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
Bertadayz: excusez moi ...white long-sleeve shirt and long flowing gown

my dear , fear catch me

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Make we go front page na? Na wa oh sad undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
Neduzze5: Make we go front page na? Na wa oh sad undecided lipsrsealed
Sorry dude! Not every piece makes front page, not this ONE!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
losprince:
Sorry dude! Not every piece makes front page, not this ONE!

What did I do wrong angry embarassed cry
Re: Story: A New Dawn by jjagz: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
Neduzze5:

What did I do wrong angry embarassed cry
itz nt wat ur doing wrong itz wat ur not doin @ all.....e.g d blessing comin out scene...culda had more depth nd description to it ....#abegnokillme #mytwocents
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
jjagz: itz nt wat ur doing wrong itz wat ur not doin @ all.....e.g d blessing comin out scene...culda had more depth nd description to it ....#abegnokillme #mytwocents

Omo, see detail by detail narration. If I decide to write it like this, we go sleep here oh.

I'm trying to cut things short because we still have a very long way to go
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
I'm in a romantic mood tonight. Don't think I can update anything

*romanticism*

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2013
Amanda, I see you. Good morning
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Emeralddan(f): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
White long sleeve n a flowery gown??.... Am trying so hard to picture how she looks in dat
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:31am On Jul 27, 2013
Bertadayz: excusez moi ...white long-sleeve shirt and long flowing gown

Lol... I no be female na... But na mistake sha. It's now corrected!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:34am On Jul 27, 2013
preetyjoy:

my dear , fear catch me

You never see am before? Na the newest design wey commot oh.... tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:36am On Jul 27, 2013
Emerald dan: White long sleeve n a flowery gown??.... Am trying so hard to picture how she looks in dat

Na wa oh, all these girls wey dey here... na only that one be error wey una see abi? because say na una portfolio... corrected sha!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2013
Congratulations Neduzze, your story is on the frontpage cheesy. Oya drop update for us make we use am celebrate. grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by yemi2plus(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
I love this new development, upto four threads had made front page in less than seven days. Good work bro.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by noble4d(m): 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
its comic.....but take note of ur use of english words
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Aghagba(f): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Oya we are on frontpage.update asap
Re: Story: A New Dawn by eunisam: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
rding mood enabled
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Trendytessy(f): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
9ice story!.,saw it on FP nd decided 2 read till d end. *More updates pls*
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wow

Front page things at last. This is wonderful.

Special thanks goes to Mr Mynd, our wonderful moderator for his good work in this section. May God greatly bless you.

Also, I'll like to appreciate the first commenter on this thread, Princesa. She inspired me a lot. Dearie, whenever you see this post, just say hi to the house.

Thirdly, I also appreciate my fellow writers and the likes of Brenda, yemi3plus7 grin, losprince, oyestephen, Tinu02, caracta, chistar01, Vantee20, bertadayz, Mum Z, Aghagba and a host of others I didn't mention due to lack of typing strength. You guys have really been good to me.

Also, I want to thank our new comers and those that have commented already. You're welcome to this thread. Sit tight or lie tight and enjoy the jolly ride.

I won't end this without appreciating my silent but avid readers. Your 'views' have been a source of encouragement to me but you can do better.

It's late already so by tomorrow morning, I'll continue.

[size=22pt]CHAPTER NINE LOADING[/size]

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
This story deserved fp, and it got it.....thumbs up nedu
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Congratulations guy!

Its a honor well deserved
Re: Story: A New Dawn by yemi2plus(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Neduzze5: Thirdly I also appreciate my fellow writers and the likes of Brenda, yemi3plus7 grin, losprince, oyestephen, Tinu02, caracta, chistar01, Vantee20, bertadayz, Mum Z, Aghagba and a host of others I didn't mention due to lack of typing strength. You guys have really been good to me.

hmmm...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2013
Good Morning guys

Keep a date with me in 2 hours time

[size=20pt]CHAPTER NINE LOADING!!![/size]
Re: Story: A New Dawn by weezii(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2013
@Nedu, u ve got an interesting story here.
If i am right you told us Blessing is 16years old, an ss2 student or so. My questions goes thus,
how come she never thought of school again?
How come she is now acting like a 22year old lady (unto maturity levels)?
How come all these while, she wasn't so bothered about her father, all she knows is just to huzzle out money for his surgery. You never told us she went to visit him @all just to check up on him and know how he is doing.

Just like some people already said, you have not made enough justice in the description of ur main xter in this story which is Blessing.

Besides this, you have a wonderful piece here. Those are just what i noticed..hope ur dont get offended anyways.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2013
weezii: @Nedu, u ve got an interesting story here.
If i am right you told us Blessing is 16years old, an ss2 student or so. My questions goes thus,
how come she never thought of school again?
How come she is now acting like a 22year old lady (unto maturity levels)?
How come all these while, she wasn't so bothered about her father, all she knows is just to huzzle out money for his surgery. You never told us she went to visit him @all just to check up on him and know how he is doing.

Just like some people already said, you have not made enough justice in the description of ur main xter in this story which is Blessing.

Besides this, you have a wonderful piece here. Those are just what i noticed..hope ur dont get offended anyways.

Wow!

Actually, I think this is so far the best comment on this thread. Well, at first, I had a different plot for this story but things went awry and I had to make some changes to the plot.

I've been planning to make some changes to some parts of the story especially chapter one and two but I've not had the time.

I'll look into it soon. Thanks a lot for your comment.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by weezii(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2013
Neduzze5:

Wow!

Actually, I think this is so far the best comment on this thread. Well, at first, I had a different plot for this story but things went awry and I had to make some changes to the plot.

I've been planning to make some changes to some parts of the story especially chapter one and two but I've not had the time.

I'll look into it soon. Thanks a lot for your comment.
ur welcome bro. Glad u understood
Re: Story: A New Dawn by coonax(f): 8:58am On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmmm .I bliV circumtances mks 1 mature wen life throws an hurdle at us.imagine ur whole life changes al of a sudden..wat do u ? Do u wallow in tears or find an act mature an find soltn 2 d prob**remba wen i lost both of our parent*being d eldest at age 18 I tuk responsiblity 4 my younger 1's so me don't c y she shdnt act mature***dts my Opinion**thou am nt sayin robbery an picking pocket is d soln oooooo
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:01am On Jul 29, 2013
[size=18pt]CHAPTER NINE[/size]

"Hello, where are you?

"I'm at home"

"I want you to come to my house in the evening"

"Is there anything?" the faint voice over the phone speaker could be heard slightly

"Yes. The details of the next operation is out. I want us to sit together later in the evening and discuss it clearly"
"Okay, I'll be there by evening, let's say around 4pm. Is the timing okay?"

"Yeah, it's perfect. see you then"

"Till then" the faint voice over the speaker said and hung up.

The person over the speaker was Iyke. Michael was giving him an update on their latest plans. He had already informed Samuel about the developments and Samuel was also coming around later in the evening.

"Who were you talking to" Blessing asked cheerfully as she walked into the sitting room with two plates of rice.

It was two weeks after the death of her father and Blessing was looking more radiant than ever. At the hospital when she had heard the news and fainted, in less than twenty minutes later, she was revived. Michael had taken her home and she went straight into the room without saying anything to anybody.

That was the only day she cried but she didn't feel the pain so much or cry as she was meant to cry because of her new way of life. She had now become a criminal and a hardened one at that. After that day, she had continued her life cheerfully with no sadness in her eyes only anger that usually came up whenever she saw Samuel. Even Michael was surprised at the way she had carried on with her life but he didn't raise the issue for fear of upsetting her.

"I was talking to Iyke"

"Oh, it's been long he came over. How's he?"

"He's fine. He's coming over tonight because we need to discuss about our next operation"

"What are the details like?"

'You are not coming with us" he replied

"What? Why?"

"I just want you to be safe"

"And who told you I won't be safe? Have you forgotten how I saved you the last time?"

"Yes, but..."

"There are no buts. I am going for this operation with you guys and it's final"

"Fine, if that's what you want. By the way, this food you cooked is very very sumptuous oh" Michael complimented digressing from the topic.

"Hahahaha... If I hear say you know the meaning of sumptuous" she replied laughing wildly

"Yes na, I'm a graduate of English Studies In the famous University of Port Harcourt" he said stressing on the word 'famous'

"So what does it mean?"

"It means delicious"

"You are correct... Thanks for the compliment"

"Who taught you how to cook?"

"My mother. She was a very great cook and a good mother. Secondly, I am the only child and she made sure to impart the right values into me"

"Wow... I wish she was my mum too" he teased her

"I wish she was alive" she replied in a sober voice

Michael could see the tears forming in her eyes. He couldn't bear to see her cry. Standing up from where he was sitting and eating, he walked towards her. he pulled her up and held her in an embrace.

"It's okay" Michael said disengaging himself from the warm embrace and cleaning her eyes with the back of his left palm.

For the first time, he felt truly attracted to her. It was close to a month or more since she had moved into his house but he had always almost treated her like his sister.

In an instant, she hugged him and whispered a "thank you" into his ears. She then picked up her plate and walked out of the parlour.

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2013
coonax: Hmmmm .I bliV circumtances mks 1 mature wen life throws an hurdle at us.imagine ur whole life changes al of a sudden..wat do u ? Do u wallow in tears or find an act mature an find soltn 2 d prob**remba wen i lost both of our parent*being d eldest at age 18 I tuk responsiblity 4 my younger 1's so me don't c y she shdnt act mature***dts my Opinion**thou am nt sayin robbery an picking pocket is d soln oooooo

Eeyah

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you
Hope you are fine

I almost agree with you but the age is quite little. I still remember how I looked when I was sixteen years. An 18 or 19 years old girl will be more matured.

Thanks for your intelligent contribution

Read on
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2013
"Hey, what's up man. Wow, you've really grown fat" It was Iyke. He was just coming into the house after Michael had opened the door for him.

"Man! Are you eating finisher feed for fowls? See how big you are"

They laughed wildly and hugged themselves while Iyke whispered into his ears

"What is she feeding you with?" Iyke asked grinning mischievously

"Who?" Mike asked feigning confusion

"She, Blessing na"

"Hahahahaha... mad man come into the house jare"

"Hey, good evening Iyke" Blessing greeted

"Good evening dear" Iyke greeted hugging her

"It's been really long"

"Yeah, I had a lot of things that needed my immediate attention so I had to attend to them but now I"m free"

"Welcome back to the world" she teased

"Thanks, by the way, what have you been feeding this man? See how fat he is"

"Hahahaha... He's eating too much oh. He's the one finishing the food in the house"

Michael was in the kitchen when she said this but somehow, he managed to hear it

"It's a lie oh" he screamed

"Michael I know you as a big eater so stop denying" Iyke said smiling

"Here man, let's drink" Michael said as he walked into the parlour with a bottle of Andre wine and four glass cups

"Who is the fourth glass cup for?" Iyke asked

"It's for Sammy. He should be here any moment from now"

The sound of the bell for the door rang loud and clear in the parlour.

"I think he's here" Michael said and walked towards the door.

Iyke and Blessing sat in the parlour and heard the duo compliment themselves amidst laughter before they walked into the parlour

"Who do we have here?" Iyke asked referring to Sammy

"Oh my God. O boy, you've really grown big oh" Sammy complimented

"What did I say? I said it and he denied" Mike cut in laughing

"Good evening" Blessing who had been relegated to the background greeted Sammy coldly

Sammy didn't notice the coldness in her voice because of the noise and the cheerfulness in the house.

"Hey, good evening dear" he said and proceeded to hug her

She allowed him to give her an angle 900 hug but disengaged herself a few seconds later.

"How are you?" Sammy asked

"I'm fine"

"Yeah Sammy, you met us well when we were about to have a toast so come and join us" Michael said taking charge over the conversation once again. That was one of the traits he had and that was what kept them going, the ability to lead and take charge of the situation.

Michael popped open the wine

"Hip Hip Hip!" he shouted

"Hurray!" they responded

"Hip hip hip!!"

"Hurray!!"

"Hiip hiiippp hiiiipppppp!!!"

"Huuuuurrrrayyy!!!"

He poured out a drink for each of them and addressed them

"Let us drink and then get down to the main reason why we are here"

"Cheers!" he said and they clinked their glasses together with Blessing deliberately avoiding clinking her own glass on Sammy's own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.