Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,851 members, 7,844,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488921 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2013
Helo house, i applied to concord university 4 undergraduate study 2ru an agent bt he tld me dat my i-20 is on it way and tld me dat after d arrival of d i-20, i stll need 2 pay sevis fee and visa fee. I need more light on dis pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2013
technolee: Hello my fellow NL's, below is the 90secs interview with my paddy. No document whatsoever was requested for. He is ready for the VO anyway as he has GRE, TOEFL,.... Just name it. Enjoy the movie......

VO: Good Afternoon
My Friend (MF): Good Afternoon, How are you doing?
VO: Good
VO: you want to study in the US
MF: yes
VO: undergraduate, masters
MF:Masters
VO: what course
MF: told her (elect/elect)
VO: was that your undergraduate course
MF: Yes
VO: why wvu
MF: I actually applied to 3 schools, mentioned them and told the number of admits. I told her Bleep uni is better ranked than the other and that my course of study is highly ranked there too
VO: who will be sponsoring u
MF: my brother
VO: what does he do?
MF: he works with ....(Na oil coy ooooo)
VO: what do u do
MF: I had the longest talk here as i described my daily activities
VO: check back on monday

God is Goooooooooood!!!

My big congrats to your Paddy! .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2013
fadex56: Helo house, i applied to concord university 4 undergraduate study 2ru an agent bt he tld me dat my i-20 is on it way and tld me dat after d arrival of d i-20, i stll need 2 pay sevis fee and visa fee. I need more light on dis pls

I think the agreement should be between u and ur agent !!! But to put more light to sevis and visa fee. You will need to pay for sevis fee of 200 dollars and visa fee of 26k approximately after ur i-20 has arrive. Good luck bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 11:14am On Jun 13, 2013
Can't still find a date for interview in july at lagos embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Tanx bro @babsharon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Southern Arkansas University on my mind !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
fadex56: Helo house, i applied to concord university 4 undergraduate study 2ru an agent bt he tld me dat my i-20 is on it way and tld me dat after d arrival of d i-20, i stll need 2 pay sevis fee and visa fee. I need more light on dis pls

@fadex56, Ofcourse you still need to pay the Sevis fee and the Visa fee before you go for your Interview.

Sevis fee is $200, approximately #31,600.

Visa fee is #26,400, which can be paid at GTBank.

But My bro be getting ready to pay 3 times the amount of what I stated above since you went through an Agent.. Hope you knw that.

Why didn't you do it yourself..

Note: Pls and pls make sure you must be with your agent the day he feels your online DS 160 form ooo. Because any inconsistency in your details will lead to DENIAL at the Embassy..

So make sure you know what the agent is filling in your online DS 160 form because the same questions will be asked on the day of your interview, and if you say something different from what your Agent filled on your online DS 160 form, you will 100% be DENIED the US student Visa.

That's the plain truth I will give you bro. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2013

Yes, after getting admission and your I-20 has arrived, you'll still have to pay the SEVIS and Visa fees. The SEVIS fee payment comes first and costs $200. Unfortunately, you can't pay it in Nigeria here. You can either have a relative pay for you abroad, or you pay through your agent (that is if he can), or you go to Cotonou and pay at Ecobank there. You'll then pay the Visa interview fee which is $160 (or N26,400 with the Embassy's official rate of 1$ = N165).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Amefrica: Southern Arkansas University on my mind !!

@Amefrica, have you gotten a University of your choice yet?.

And have you checked out those schools I gave you, are u going with anyone on dt list?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger:

And have you checked out those schools I gave you, are u going with anyone on dt list?..

@Amefrica:the school is cheap and affordable from what i can see
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger:

Oh yeah bro! I really took my time to dismantle their site.. I finally come up with two schools for now..
Southern Arkansas University (i will take a residual ACT wen i gt der) and Minnesota State University Moorhead.. M stil searching for d remaining 2.. #jahbless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
House please I need you response on this question

Like how much those my sponsor need to have in his/her bank statement, and it is compulsory for me too have money in my account. I will to apply for student visa in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger:

Note: Pls and pls make sure you must be with your agent the day he feels your online DS 160 form ooo. Because any inconsistency in your details will lead to DENIAL at the Embassy..

So make sure you know what the agent is filling in your online DS 160 form because the same questions will be asked on the day of your interview, and if you say something different from what your Agent filled on your online DS 160 form, you will 100% be DENIED the US student Visa.

I think the best is he should take charge of the other stuffs himself going forward. He doesn't need an agent to fill his DS-160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
kunlebal: House please I need you response on this question

Like how much those my sponsor need to have in his/her bank statement, and it is compulsory for me too have money in my account. I will to apply for student visa in usa

Ur tuition fee will determine what ur sponsor should have in his/her account but what must be in that account should be more than ur tuition fee. Secondly, it's not necessary for u to include ur personal statement of account once ur sponsor account can cover ur bills.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
kunlebal: House please I need you response on this question

Depends on your school fees. Just make sure you have sufficient funds. Secondly, the statement must be within 3 months at most. You can also print it a day to your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger:

@fadex56, Ofcourse you still need to pay the Sevis fee and the Visa fee before you go for your Interview.

Sevis fee is $200, approximately #31,600.

Visa fee is #26,400, which can be paid at GTBank.

But My bro be getting ready to pay 3 times the amount of what I stated above since you went through an Agent.. Hope you knw that.

Why didn't you do it yourself..

Agents must work and earn from folks who can't do it,who do not know they can do it and who do not appreciate more of what Nairaland people offer free of charge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
@bigfrancis, mr swagger & oders, i rilly appreciate ur lovingly reply. The reasn Y i cnt do it myself s becos i dnt knw d procedures to take in getn d usa studnt visa. But could sm1 enlighten me more on hw to get ds-160 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

I think the best is he should take charge of the other stuffs himself going forward. He doesn't need an agent to fill his DS-160.
GboyegaD:

GboyegaD:

@GboyegaD, You are so right on point bro..

He should take absolutely control of everything, starting with the Online DS 160 form.

Even the US consulate advises propective students applying for US student visa not to patronize Agents..

@fades56, hope u are reading all this. So make sure you take Charge of your online DS 160 form.

You will be responsible for all details filled on the Online DS 160 form whether WRONG or RIGHT. So don't let the Agent do it for you. Instead fill the online form yourself.

You will benefit more when you fill the Online DS 160 form yourself than letting your Agent fill it for you.

Because on the day of your Interview, you will definately know and remember all the details you filled on the online DS 160 form.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
fadex56: @bigfrancis, mr swagger & oders, i rilly appreciate ur lovingly reply. The reasn Y i cnt do it myself s becos i dnt knw d procedures to take in getn d usa studnt visa. But could sm1 enlighten me more on hw to get ds-160 form?

It is an online non immigrant form, u will fill that after u have make a visa fee payment before u appear for an interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
fadex56: @bigfrancis, mr swagger & oders, i rilly appreciate ur lovingly reply. The reasn Y i cnt do it myself s becos i dnt knw d procedures to take in getn d usa studnt visa. But could sm1 enlighten me more on hw to get ds-160 form?

@fades56, You are highly welcome bro. Here is the site where you can find the Online DS 160 form.
Follow this link:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.html

Or you can go to google and type: DS 160.

Google will bring out the website for you.

Bro, the process is as Easy as ABC. The procedures and everything is all on their website.

So take your time to study the website. Don't be in a hurry. Read all instructions and frequently asked questions on the website carefully and I promise, you will gain and learn alot.

If there is anything you don't understand, come over here and we will gladly help you out.

Make sure you take Charge of your online DS 160 form.

Do it yourself and DON'T go through an Agent.

You will be responsible for all details filled on the
Online DS 160 form whether WRONG or RIGHT. So
don't let the Agent do it for you. Instead fill the
online form yourself.

You will benefit more when you fill the Online DS
160 form yourself than letting your Agent fill it for
you.

Because on the day of your Interview, you will
definately know and remember all the details you
filled on the online DS 160 form.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
De Tus: Hello folks, how's everything going? Well, my updated I-20 is on its way but i have two trickish questions to ask. First, should i return to the embassy soon for my re- interview? Second, if the embassy grants me this precious visa, can i go to the US after one year? The F1 VISA is usually two years before it expires. Please i need your candid advice. Thank you so far!

Even deferring admission till a year later can make the school cancel your admission, let alone embassy after the visa has been approved. Confirm this online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
obsy2020: Can't still find a date for interview in july at lagos embassy
July 9th is still available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
ferdimako:

Agents must work and earn from folks who can't do it,who do not know they can do it and who do not appreciate more of what Nairaland people offer free of charge.

Not everyone is privy to nairaland. So many people either never heard or some heard about it later as such, it isnt too nice to conclude about those who use agents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2013

Just search for the webpage of the US embassy in Nigeria and you can access all the information you need and where to get the forms and book appointment on it. Should you need further clarifications, ask here on the forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Kunsoft:

Depends on your school fees. Just make sure you have sufficient funds. Secondly, the statement must be within 3 months at most. You can also print it a day to your interview.

@babsharon n kunsoft, I really appreciate your responses. Kip up bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Excuse me house! I wanna ask a question.. #cantlook# hav u seen anyone that applied to 4 schools n didnt get admission to any for UGS ? Just curious maybe I will be admitted.. What are my chances ? Im applying to 4 schools... Thanks. (orlarwalay, mr swagger, bigfrancis, imperiouxx, kofsy n others)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
Tanx to everyone dat cntributed to my qustn and dose dat didnt. Am very hapi 4 being a member of dis forum cos ave rilly gained alot since d day ave joined dis forum. KUDOS TO JUSTWISE, BIGFRANCIS, nd others.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Amefrica: Excuse me house! I wanna ask a question.. #cantlook# hav u seen anyone that applied to 4 schools n didnt get admission to any for UGS ? Just curious maybe I will be admitted.. What are my chances ? Im applying to 4 schools... Thanks. (orlarwalay, mr swagger, bigfrancis, imperiouxx, kofsy n others)

@Amefrica, there is ONE thing you need to know is that Admission to US schools is not the Problem, the problem is the VISA.

VISA is the main Koko. Schools are looking for students. That is why you see most schools admitting students without even taking a Standarlized test like SAT, TOEFL, e.t.c

So it depends on your credentials, (High School Transcript, WAEC) your high school GPA and your Standarlized test score.

You can apply to 4 schools and still get Admitted to the 4 schools. It depends on the Credentials you have.
It is not necessary you must be an Excellent student before you get ADMITTED to any US school. Many average students even get ADMITTED to many US schools.

And it also depends on the type of school, if their acceptance rate is high. When choosing schools, take note of that.

Google the acceptance rate of the school you intend applying to and make sure they have a very high percentage of acceptance rate.

Don't apply to an Ivy league school ooo. The likes of Harvard, princeton, stanford e.t.c. Unless you think say your Brain better pass computer you fit try those schools. Lol!!!

But most people I see apply to 4 schools and get ADMITTED to 3 schools.

Some apply to 5 schools and get ADMITTED to 2 or 3 schools.

So my bro it varies. if you can apply to the 4 schools you said you want to apply to, I'm very certain that you will surely get ADMITTED to atleast One school,

One of my schools I applied to in the US for the Fall 2013 session even Admitted me despite the Insufficient Funds on my Bank statement.

The school needed a minimum Bank balance of #4.5million and I had #3.9million. They still ADMITTED me.

You can see that Admission is not the problem. But I am not choosing the school because I can't risk taking that Insufficient Balance on the Bank statement to the Embassy.

Try to Study hard for TOEFL and write a Solid SOP. (Statement of purpose)

The most shocking one I have ever seen, is that some people even apply to just One school and they still get ADMITTED to that School. But I won't advice you risk that. It's a Gamble.

@Amefrica, Apply to the 4 schools and have a positive Mindset that you will surely get admitted to Not just one but ALL of em.

The reason why people apply to so many schools as possible is because you stand a very high chance of getting scholarship and getting your VISA at the Embassy.

Cheers Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Tx very much. I need to return to the embassy and take my own food now it's hot. I am waiting for my updated I-20 and will book an appointment once it arrives. I am equally preparing psycologically for my interview. I know the VOs are good psycologists. So I am expecting some strange questions. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
My Chairmen,

Pls is there a difference between denied a visa or refused a visa ? Someone was just telling me there is but I don't think so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger, i like ur style n i promise i wont disappoint u in TOEFL. The problem m having now is. High school transcripts d same as WAEC GCE and Testimonial.. I finished in 2010 at the age of 14yrs but got my SSCE results canceled. So i sat for 2011 WAEC GCE n got a superb result. What's ur advice on this ? Plus what is SOP

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.