Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,802 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488911 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I guess it does. Can't remember right now.

I don't think there is a question like that. A close question as it appears on the ds-160 is this, "Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?"
This I think is only applicable to people that have done change of name, say a married woman etc. You have any contrary opinion? @Gboyega
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

What great is saying is that do not apply to schools only because they are cheap, but consider their rating as well. I would suggest you check Birgham Young University in Utah. It is a cheap school and with a very good rating however, please note that it is owned and operated by the Mermons as they fund majority of the operating cost. Therefore, be sure it is okay by you before you go ahead to apply so that you don't get disappointed whenever you know. I don't know too much about Mermons but in terms of moral, they have very high standards which I think can help whatever faith you believe in since they don't compel you to attend their services unlike our own church universities here in Nigeria.

Thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2013
hello house, just wanna know if anyon that had interview on tuesday has picked up their visa before i leav work to go there. pls ur quick response will b highly appreciated.and wat do i take along since i was only given the a4 paper with location of pick up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2013
lisadem:

I don't think there is a question like that. A close question as it appears on the ds-160 is this, "Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?"
This I think is only applicable to people that have done change of name, say a married woman etc. You have any contrary opinion? @Gboyega

Unfortunately, I can't look through the DS 160 form to confirm right now but I know there is. Whether or not, what matters most is that an uncle is an uncle and I don't think the VO has so much time to start checking for the connection.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lmao!!! grin grin. Nairalanders won't cease from making me laugh. Boy, you didn't have to quote all that part from the page to prove your point to me. I already know what you're trying to say. grin.

Now let's go through my post one more time.

Look at the first bolded, what does it say? Complete, right? Note I didn't say you can book for your interview first before you start with the DS-160. To complete means to finish up something yet unfinished right? Now, because you need the DS-160 code to book your visa interview, you could quickly create a DS-160, copy out the application ID that will be assigned to you, save the page and logout, visit the booking website and book your interview. The application code is the only item required from your DS-160 in order to book the visa. Then after booking the interview, you can go back to the DS-160 website and complete your DS-160. You get the grammar now?cool This is found useful especially in situations when there has been no interview dates available and suddenly a few dates come out and you need to book a date immediately before all the available dates are taken and need not waste time to waste filling the DS-160 form. What you'll simply do is, create a DS-160, copy the code, save and logout, visit the visa booking site, book immediately and save. You can always return later to complete the DS-160 and submit. You could even complete and submit the DS-160 30 minutes to your interview. cool. However, you MUST submit the DS-160 before your interview and it could be anytime. This is what I did and what many other nairalanders have being doing.

Even after submitting a DS-160 and you discover some mistakes and want to change it, you can simply create another one, fill and submit, visit the interview booking site, use the update button and update/change your DS-160 with your new application code. The new DS-160 will now then be used to interview you, not the former.
Thanks Bro u realy knws it ,can I hav any of ur contact?
Are you clear now? cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2013
tweetty: hello house, just wanna know if anyon that had interview on tuesday has picked up their visa before i leav work to go there. pls ur quick response will b highly appreciated.and wat do i take along since i was only given the a4 paper with location of pick up

I would suggest you send an email to <support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com> putting your passport number only in the subject and body of the mail and you should get an email within 10minutes on the status of your passport.
Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I would suggest you send an email to <support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com> putting your passport number only in the subject and body of the mail and you should get an email within 10minutes on the status of your passport.
Regards,
. Pls do u ve an idea on hw long it takes for regular airmail to be delivered to Nigerian POBox? Its been 4weeks and am yet to receive my mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2013
Hello house please help me out I got an i20 at colgate e university to study Bsc in Economics, I applied as tranfer student with my HND .can I take my HND and go to visa interview while I'm going as undergraduate not masters ,if V.O ask me why BSc again after having a HND and NYSC certificate wat answer will I tell him.please gurus I need ur help answer me pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:16am On Jun 14, 2013
fadex56: @bigfrancis, i sent you a mesg bt i avent seen ur reply. Thanks

I didn't know. I'll check my mail and reply you soonest. I'm at work now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2013
eduson002: . Pls do u ve an idea on hw long it takes for regular airmail to be delivered to Nigerian POBox? Its been 4weeks and am yet to receive my mail.

I sincerely don't however, I would suggest you get to the Post Office to make inquiry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is just to further clarify things for some of the new prospective applicants/students.

The number of schools you apply to is a function of so many things i.e f(MONEY, determination, what you are looking for, etc) - different situations for different people.

Although some people only applied to just one school and got EXACTLY what they wanted, simple probability sense would tell us that the larger the number of schools you applied to, the higher the chances of getting what you REALLY want. I for one applied to 9 schools in total (including 5 in the US).

As for the embassy, there is ABSOLUTELY no way the VO can know how many schools you applied to except you let him know. That TOEFL/GRE scores are sent to schools does not necessarily mean one applied to those schools. For example again, in my own case, I applied to only one out of the four schools listed in my first TOEFL/GRE report. So this means I had several other official score reports, each corresponding to the schools I eventually applied to. I could have presented any of these without the VO knowing the actual number of schools I applied to.

The bottom line is, there's nothing like applying to many schools for the embassy's sake, it is ABSOLUTELY for your own sake! In this regard, you can tell the VO anything you want him to know (3, 4, 20 ...), whether true or not (left to your own principles/conscience).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Square65: This is just to further clarify things for some of the new prospective applicants/students.

The number of schools you apply to is a function of so many things i.e f(MONEY, determination, what you are looking for, etc) - different situations for different people.

Although some people only applied to just one school and got EXACTLY what they wanted, simple probability sense would tell us that the larger the number of schools you applied to, the higher the chances of getting what you REALLY want. I for one applied to 9 schools in total (including 5 in the US).

As for the embassy, there is ABSOLUTELY no way the VO can know how many schools you applied to except you let him know. That TOEFL/GRE scores are sent to schools does not necessarily mean one applied to those schools. For example again, in my own case, I applied to only one out of the four schools listed in my first TOEFL/GRE report. So this means I had several other official score reports, each corresponding to the schools I eventually applied to. I could have presented any of these without the VO knowing the actual number of schools I applied to.

The bottom line is, there's nothing like applying to many schools for the embassy's sake, it is ABSOLUTELY for your own sake! In this regard, you can tell the VO anything you want him to know (3, 4, 20 ...), whether true or not (left to your own principles/conscience).

@square65, You are 1 million times right.. This was the same suggestion I was pointing out and to @Amefrica..

You are sooooooooooo right on point!!!! God bless u bro for pointing this out again.. Exactly!!!!!

@Amefrica you can see and read it for yourself the Advantages of applying to as many schools as possible.

@Amefrica, Anyways I trust you, you have already made up your mind in applying to 4 schools.. Verrry Good Move. Cheers bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: I got u mr swagger.. Pls dnt say im bothering u.. I dnt av any copy of my grades with me, what if i contact my high school and they cant provide it too.. Is it finished ?

@Amefrica you are NOT disturbing me for any reason. We are all here to help each other. It's good you are asking questions so you won't make mistakes

You are NOT finished oooo. Lol!!! It's not the end of the Road. In any difficult situation there will always be a solution.

And also, I will advice you contact your chosen school first and explain your issue with them. You might be lucky they might NOT need your high school transcript, they might be Satisfied with just your WAEC result depending on your grades.

If that doesn't work you can switch to Plan B. I will tell you about that later. Just keep me posted here to know if they will accept.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
mr swagger:

@Amefrica you are NOT disturbing me for any reason. We are all here to help each other. It's good you are asking questions so you won't make mistakes

You are NOT finished oooo. Lol!!! It's not the end of the Road. In any difficult situation there will always be a solution.

And also, I will advice you contact your chosen school first and explain your issue with them. You might be lucky they might NOT need your high school transcript, they might be Satisfied with just your WAEC depending on your grades.

If that doesn't work you can switch to Plan B. I will tell you about that later. Just keep me posted here to know if they will accept.

Cheers bro.

Ok, bro. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I didn't know. I'll check my mail and reply you soonest. I'm at work now.
Ok sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2013

Just replied you. Check your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

Does he have to explain all that? If I were a VO, I can add to his confussion if he isn't sure since I have his mom's maiden name on my system, I would ask him for a family tree so quick and trust me, he will likely miss it. I think they know our culture is that of family ties as such, we have too many relatives thus, they don't need to ask details.

Lol!!! If dem make you VO, you go wicked o. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I feel like slapping you hard I swear. Must you teach him English? You sef no try because you could have sent him a personal mail or call him on phone. I read the first part and I'm like this guy don come not knowing that you are just so wicked, delivering judgment without mercy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I am just trying to have some fun ni oooooo.

Lollzzz...I was only trying to clarify my point. I'm sure the clarification also helped some confused members too, as he said. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
eduson002: . Pls do u ve an idea on hw long it takes for regular airmail to be delivered to Nigerian POBox? Its been 4weeks and am yet to receive my mail.

Its really going to take time o. My admission letter and certificate of finances from the University of Alabama arrived around second week of may. I was thinking they had sent it recently only to look at the send date on the stamp and saw Feb 25 2013. That is 2 months and half!

Using courier would have been the best option for you or having it sent first to the address of a friend or relative abroad and then he/she will send it down to you using courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2013

Just replied you. Check your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Now Mr. Swagger, I've contacted 1 of the schools n they said im gonna need the transcripts from SS1-3 (equivalent).. And good news im up with 3 schools 1 more to go..
1. Southern Arkansas University.
2. Bemidji State University (Minnesota)
3. Minnesota State University Moorhead.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pls people, am looking for date in early july at lagos embassy. Help if you sight one cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: Now Mr. Swagger, I've contacted 1 of the schools n they said im gonna need the transcripts from SS1-3 (equivalent).. And good news im up with 3 schools 1 more to go..
Thanks

@Amefrica, drop your email, so I will send you a message now.. Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: Now Mr. Swagger, I've contacted 1 of the schools n they said im gonna need the transcripts from SS1-3 (equivalent).. And good news im up with 3 schools 1 more to go..
Thanks

@Amefrica, drop your email, so I will send you a message now..

Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
mr swagger:

@Amefrica, drop your email, so I will send you a message now..

Cheers..

Ok bro.. adewale_olakunle@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Date! Date!! Date!!!
Abeg o o, if anyone see date for lagos o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Ok bro.. adewale_olakunle@yahoo.com

I just sent you a mail. Go check it out bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
mr swagger:

I just sent you a mail. Go check it out bro..

Ok bruh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obiomachris: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
i went for interview in lagos 3 months ago buh i was denied without any reason vocally but a white paper was given to me, i later found out that in my ds 160 my friend filled that i had been to GHANA instead of BENIN REPUBLIC that is in my passport. i want to feel another ds 160 myself now. i want to feel only the Benin republic that is in my passprt. since ghana already appeared before will it affect my chances? or do i need to travel to GHANA first?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chusino(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pls house help me out i need i response on this, i have received my 1-20 form and i want to pay for my VISA FEE,they said i should go to GTB, is it any GTB in Nigeria or is there any specific one and is there any account name and account number for it to be pay in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
Chusino: Pls house help me out i need i response on this, i have received my 1-20 form and i want to pay for my VISA FEE,they said i should go to GTB, is it any GTB in Nigeria or is there any specific one and is there any account name and account number for it to be pay in.

Just walk into any GT Bank branch and tell them you want to pay your US student visa fee. They'll direct you to the particular officer in charge of the payment. Make sure you go between 8.00am and 3.30pm. If you go after 3.30pm you'll be told to return the next day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
obiomachris: i went for interview in lagos 3 months ago buh i was denied without any reason vocally but a white paper was given to me, i later found out that in my ds 160 my friend filled that i had been to GHANA instead of BENIN REPUBLIC that is in my passport. i want to feel another ds 160 myself now. i want to feel only the Benin republic that is in my passprt. since ghana already appeared before will it affect my chances? or do i need to travel to GHANA first?

First of all, you need to post your interview experience first for the house to review.

Second, as your friend filled Ghana for you, did the VO at any time during the interview ask you any question relating to that? If yes, did you mention Benin republic? If you did then I guess your problem was inconsistency. Whatever information you fill on your DS-160, that is what the VO will use to interview you. And maybe you unknowingly mentioned Benin Republic instead of Ghana that he was seeing on his system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.