Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,648 members, 7,844,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488897 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Amefrica:

lmao. Na true yarn, she dey giv me instant reply.
. That means she is feeling the boy too. I don laugh belle full
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
eduson002: . That means she is feeling the boy too. I don laugh belle full

What will be, will be. Que sera sera.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
De Tus: @topzy2000, your friend is very funny. He doesn't seem to understand English.

I fear sef. Na so I wan clarify as I neva hear am b4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
fadex56: Helo house, i applied to concord university 4 undergraduate study 2ru an agent bt he tld me dat my i-20 is on it way and tld me dat after d arrival of d i-20, i stll need 2 pay sevis fee and visa fee. I need more light on dis pls

why thru agent naw, agents dont have anything special in them, i applied to the school myself and my package arrived in less than a week, though i was writing the school every time until i get what i want from them. i will advise u to call ur agent to speed the process uu cos u dont have much time by ur side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
mr swagger:

@Bigfrancis, I went through the Us visa Appointment link you provided and it was stated on the website that you will first need to fill the DS 160 online form before you can book an appointment as you will be asked for your DS 160 number.

You can see it.

So @fadex56 you will need to first fill the DS 160 form before proceeding in booking an appointment.

It is one step at a time.

Cheers bro.

Lmao!!! grin grin. Nairalanders won't cease from making me laugh. Boy, you didn't have to quote all that part from the page to prove your point to me. I already know what you're trying to say. grin.

Now let's go through my post one more time.

You can book your interview first before
completing the DS-160 form but you MUST submit the DS-160 before you go for interview. Its a simple process and I'll strongly advise that you do the rest by yourself from this point forward.

Look at the first bolded, what does it say? Complete, right? Note I didn't say you can book for your interview first before you start with the DS-160. To complete means to finish up something yet unfinished right? Now, because you need the DS-160 code to book your visa interview, you could quickly create a DS-160, copy out the application ID that will be assigned to you, save the page and logout, visit the booking website and book your interview. The application code is the only item required from your DS-160 in order to book the visa. Then after booking the interview, you can go back to the DS-160 website and complete your DS-160. You get the grammar now?cool This is found useful especially in situations when there has been no interview dates available and suddenly a few dates come out and you need to book a date immediately before all the available dates are taken and need not waste time to waste filling the DS-160 form. What you'll simply do is, create a DS-160, copy the code, save and logout, visit the visa booking site, book immediately and save. You can always return later to complete the DS-160 and submit. You could even complete and submit the DS-160 30 minutes to your interview. cool. However, you MUST submit the DS-160 before your interview and it could be anytime. This is what I did and what many other nairalanders have being doing.

Even after submitting a DS-160 and you discover some mistakes and want to change it, you can simply create another one, fill and submit, visit the interview booking site, use the update button and update/change your DS-160 with your new application code. The new DS-160 will now then be used to interview you, not the former.

Are you clear now? cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
technolee:
Last week in July or First week in August cos resumption is for 18th August. Do you wanna hook up with him or what? If yes, how do you want it?? BBM, yahoomail, phone No. Will join you guys @ Morgantown soon. Bless you
yes bro, i wish u all d best in ur interview too..my email is stallionfad@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 2:05am On Jun 14, 2013
dkgetmuny:
yes bro, i wish u all d best in ur interview too..my email is stallionfad@yahoo.com
Correct. What course are you going for and where did you bag your first degree @?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 3:11am On Jun 14, 2013
@Amefrica, its not all about cheap tuition schools, academic quality is also important. Some people on here got denied because of the type of schools they applied to. some uni's are more of a diploma mill than a four years college. There are lots of schools with same low tuition fees and high rank.

I will also say applying to 4 schools is kinda much, you'll only enroll in one of them and there's no way the VO will know how many schools you applied to, even if you apply to only one you can tell the VO you applied to 3 schools and you got 2 admit. Looking at the financial aspect, you'll send your application documents to all the four schools and also pay a non-refundable admission fee, which makes your expenses more. Make sure you scatter that TOEFL, if na Harvard sef, dem go admit you grin cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 3:20am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lmao!!! grin grin. Nairalanders won't cease from making me laugh. Boy, you didn't have to quote all that part from the page to prove your point to me. I already know what you're trying to say. grin.

Look at the first bolded, what does it say? Complete, right? Note I didn't say you can book for your interview first before you start with the DS-160. To complete means to finish up something yet unfinished right? Now, because you need the DS-160 code to book your visa interview, you could quickly create a DS-160, copy out the application ID that will be assigned to you, save the page and logout, visit the booking website and book your interview. The application code is the only item required from your DS-160 in order to book the visa. Then after booking the interview, you can go back to the DS-160 website and complete your DS-160. You get the grammar now?cool This is found useful especially in situations when there has been no interview dates available and suddenly a few dates come out and you need to book a date immediately before all the available dates are taken and need not waste time to waste filling the DS-160 form. What you'll simply do is, create a DS-160, copy the code, save and logout, visit the visa booking site, book immediately and save. You can always return later to complete the DS-160 and submit. You could even complete and submit the DS-160 30 minutes to your interview. cool. However, you MUST submit the DS-160 before your interview and it could be anytime. This is what I did and what many other nairalanders have being doing.

Even after submitting a DS-160 and you discover some mistakes and want to change it, you can simply create another one, fill and submit, visit the interview booking site, use the update button and update/change your DS-160 with your new application code. The new DS-160 will now then be used to interview you, not the former.

Are you clear now? cool

@Bigfrancis, Wow!!! I FULLY understand everything mehn. I was surprised and worried when I saw that on their website that was why I decided to show it to you.

@Bigfrancis with the detailed analysis you just illustrated here, Not only did you help me, you have also helped people in need of help and certain information in filling the DS 160 form.

@Fadex56 take note of this bigfrancis post I'm quoting him now, as this will serve as a guideline for you when filling your DS 160 form.

Cheers Bigfrancis you are always da Best!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 3:51am On Jun 14, 2013
gr8ever: @Amefrica, its not all about cheap tuition schools, academic quality is also important. Some people on here got denied because of the type of schools they applied to. some uni's are more of a diploma mill than a four years college. There are lots of schools with same low tuition fees and high rank.

I will also say applying to 4 schools is kinda much, you'll only enroll in one of them and there's no way the VO will know how many schools you applied to, even if you apply to only one you can tell the VO you applied to 3 schools and you got 2 admit. Looking at the financial aspect, you'll send your application documents to all the four schools and also pay a non-refundable admission fee, which makes your expenses more. Make sure you scatter that TOEFL, if na Harvard sef, dem go admit you grin cheers bro.

@gr8ever, Let him apply to 4 schools. Even though he is not doing it for the sake of the Embassy, he is doing it for the Sake of himself because he stands a very high chance of getting scholarships from any of em.

Sometimes it's not all schools you applied to that will ADMIT you or give you scholarship. That is why one is Advised to apply to as many schools as possible.

Take for Example, what if he applys to just 1 school, and that school didn't Admit him, don't you know his effort and time has gone down the drain, that means he will have to wait until next year again for the next admission apllication session before he starts applying again for Admission.

Applying to 4 schools might be a little expensive as you stated above which I believe is true, But I will say it worths it.

Besides, depending on the school, most schools won't take application fee from you.

I wanted to apply to 5 schools, and I had already prepared my admission package for the 5 schools, but it narrow down to 3 schools because I didn't get my Bank statement on time and the application deadline for the remaining 2 schools had already been closed, so I couldn't meet up anymore.

Students who apply to Many schools like say atleast 3 or more upwards have more Advantage than anyone who apply to only 1 school. That's the secret you need to know about Admission application.

Look at imperiouxx on here on nairaland, he applied to 6 schools or so doing his time of admission application. Our Baba imperiouxx dey vex. He wan enter US by fire by Force. Lol!!!

I have also seen a guy on here on nairaland that applied to 8 schools. He applied to like 4 in the Us, 2 in Uk and 2 in canada.

There is one thing you need to know is that if you want something good, be ready to spend money.

Look at them now, they are Enjoyin the fruit of their labour , studying in US.

@Amefrica try your possible best to apply to the 4 schools you want to apply to because it is much more of an Advantage to you.

Forget about the money issue, it is chicken change compared to what you will benefit from with your degree you will get in US.

If you can't apply to 4 schools due to some financial difficulties, I will say Narrow it down to 3 schools, but please don't go below that.

Don't think of applying to 1 or 2 schools. It should be ATLEAST 3 schools or more...

Cheers bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 14, 2013
@gr8ever, Thanks so much i appreciate.. Tho u understand my financial difficulties, but why dnt u let me apply to d 4 schools like mr swagger said.. I will av a chance of at least 1/4 shey u get..? If i got admitted to 3, i will just pick d one, offering more scholarship..

@mr swagger, thanks a bunch bruh.. I got u, n i know u got my back.. Im applying to 4schools, no more no less.. #1love

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:09am On Jun 14, 2013
dkgetmuny:
safety management......IFE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:10am On Jun 14, 2013
technolee:
Correct. What course are you going for and where did you bag your first degree @?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 6:59am On Jun 14, 2013
dkgetmuny:
Instinct.
Myself and my friend graduated from IFE too. What set and what course cos we be white house boys @ elect/elect. 2009 set. I would be glad if you turned out to be my paddy back then...... Waiting..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:20am On Jun 14, 2013
any date 4 lag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Good Morning Fam, i don come again with my questions oo.. You know im inquisitive..
1. The year on my testimonial is diff. 4rm d one on my GCE result. How do i go abt this ?
2. I cant get transcripts 4rm my sec. skul, they dnt keep records ?
Enlighten me pls, dnt lemme be On My Own.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: mr swagger, i like ur style n i promise i wont disappoint u in TOEFL. The problem m having now is. High school transcripts d same as WAEC GCE and Testimonial.. I finished in 2010 at the age of 14yrs but got my SSCE results canceled. So i sat for 2011 WAEC GCE n got a superb result. What's ur advice on this ? Plus what is SOP

@Amefrica, High school transcript is different from WAEC, GCE and TESTIMONIAL.

There is one thing you need to know is that WAEC and GCE are both of the same bodies, so either exam you take will be acceptable for admission into Schools in US.

WAEC GCE will also be acceptable for admission into US schools.

An high school transcript is a document that shows your grades and records from the year you entered the school till the End you finished.

Like for example; you entered high school from JSS1 and finished SS3

You will need to get your transcripts from JSS 1 - SS3.

And also an high school transcript is NOT a marking sheet. Contact your high school counselor, he will definately know all this things. Tell him to prepare your high school transcript for you.

It's not difficult. Because honestly speaking to you, when it comes to undergraduate studies, many US schools make use of High school transcript even though you are submitting a standarlized test.

They use it in calculating your GPA and to know your strengths and weakness in certain courses and know where you need improvement and they also use it in knowing how well you performed while at High School.

Since you have a perfect WAEC GCE result then consider yourself Lucky, attach it to your admission package when applying for Admission

So, Regarding the Aspect of TESTIMONIAL, a testimonial is a certificate that shows and proof that you have graduated High school. So hope you understand all this things.

So you will need to attach the following when applying for undergraduate admission to any school in US;

* WAEC result from WAEC.

* Transcript from your High School

* Standarlized Test scores. E.g SAT or TOEFL or Both

* School leaving certificate & Testimonial

* Data page of International passport, (if you have one)

* 2 letters of Recommendation from an Employer or High school counselor or your Subject teachers. (But this is not Mandatory, depends on the school you are applying to. Check out their Requirement on their website if you will be needing it)

So Regarding the SOP (Statement of purpose) it is actually not Mandatory for students to submit it, but some students still submit it just to get a chance to express their career goals to the Admissions officer, and some Admissions officer take reference to what you wrote on the SOP.

If they are having doubts about your apllication file whether to grant you admission or not, with a Good SOP, they won't even blink anymore, it's admission they will grant you all the way.

@Amefrica, pls don't get confused, let me break it down for you this way;

1st step: Search for the school you want to attend.

2nd step: Check their acceptance rate, Availability of scholarship, Tuition rate if it is affordable for you, i.e Put into consideration as well as their per semester tuition rate, if it is affordable for you before checking the overall tuition per academic year.

3rd step: Check their Requirements and information about the Major you want to pursue.

4th step: Communicate directly with the admissions officers of the school you wish to attend and obtain informations from them. Ask questions and know if your Major is available. Because some schools will list about 100 courses on their website and later you get to find out that they only offer 50 out of the 100.

Some schools don't update their website for a very long time.

So it is always good to confirm and check with the schools international Admissions office before making any drastic measure.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: Good Morning Fam, i don come again with my questions oo.. You know im inquisitive..
1. The year on my testimonial is diff. 4rm d one on my GCE result. How do i go abt this ?
2. I cant get transcripts 4rm my sec. skul, they dnt keep records ?
Enlighten me pls, dnt lemme be On My Own.. Thanks

@Amefrica, You are not on your own, as long as you are on this forum, you will NEVER be alone as there are many people here to guide you through the admission process till you get your VISA

Your First question; It is not neccessary for your year of Testimonial to correspond with your GCE result.

Like for me, I graduated high school 2007 and I submitted my GCE result of 2008 and I was still given admission to about 6 schools in the Uk and 2 in US. So it doesn't count as anytin at all. Just rest your mind on that.

Your 2nd question: Since your High school don't keep records, that is not the End of the road for you. Shame on that High school. It's not all your fault. Blame it on them. They only know how to collect school fees. You can as well help yourself by doing it yourself.

If you still have records of the grades you had back in high school, get the school's letter headed paper from the school, they should have it, if they don't have letter headed paper, get a Business centre person to design it on letter headed paper for you with the school's address, and Logo on it

Go to a nearby business centre and type the transcript there. Then take it back to your school for your principal or high school counselor to SIGN it.

Make a Move.

It is as easy as that.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2013
Oh, now i understand.. I used to think transcripts are marking scripts.. No problem thank u very much bro.. May the Lord grant ur wish.. We will get to our promise land

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

beaudefrax at yahoo dot co dot uk
@bigfrancis, i sent you a mesg bt i avent seen ur reply. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You can't deny going to that school just because they admitted you with insufficient funds. Many US schools do admit students with bank statements having current balance less than the required. What they are interested in is the capability of the account holder to sponsor you for your whole length of stay. That's why they ask to see 3 or 6 months history of bank statement showing steady transactions. They'll also check the total deposits made in the 3 or 6 months bank statement you submitted to them and once its high enough they'll still admit you even though the current balance is not up to the required. When they ask for a 6 month bank statement with readily available funds they want to see an account that has at least some good amount of money (at least from half of the required) to start school, pay a quarter of your school fees and living expenses. Note that the statement, readily available funds is different from funds greater than the required must be shown. This is exactly how my second school, University of Alabama that did not give me funding explained it to me. I'm not sure that schools that admit this way will go on to write 'admitted with insufficient funds' whatsoever on your I-20. The statement they'll write will be the same with what they'll write for others that provided full money statements.

The VO has no way of knowing whether you got admitted with an insufficient account statement or the statement you're coming with to the interview is different from that you used to get admission. That being said, with the I-20 of that school (which will reflect normally as I said), you can go with another bank statement different from the one you used in getting admitted that reflects the required balance, and you're good to go. Unless you have reasons for not wanting to go to that school.

Nicely written + 10000 points

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2013
bones007:

why thru agent naw, agents dont have anything special in them, i applied to the school myself and my package arrived in less than a week, though i was writing the school every time until i get what i want from them. i will advise u to call ur agent to speed the process uu cos u dont have much time by ur side.
@bones, my agent told me dat my package will arrive in d next 3 weeks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2013
I got u mr swagger.. Pls dnt say im bothering u.. I dnt av any copy of my grades with me, what if i contact my high school and they cant provide it too.. Is it finished ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

A maternal uncle is an uncle from your mom's side who doesn't bear the same surname with you. Claiming this maternal uncle relationship will cover why he doesn't bear the same surname with you.

Does he have to explain all that? If I were a VO, I can add to his confussion if he isn't sure since I have his mom's maiden name on my system, I would ask him for a family tree so quick and trust me, he will likely miss it. I think they know our culture is that of family ties as such, we have too many relatives thus, they don't need to ask details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:34am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: @gr8ever, Thanks so much i appreciate.. Tho u understand my financial difficulties, but why dnt u let me apply to d 4 schools like mr swagger said.. I will av a chance of at least 1/4 shey u get..? If i got admitted to 3, i will just pick d one, offering more scholarship..

@mr swagger, thanks a bunch bruh.. I got u, n i know u got my back.. Im applying to 4schools, no more no less.. #1love

Please Note that there is a way the VO can know the schools you apply to just that they don't have the time to do that. ON your TOEFL original score card the list of the 4 schools CODE you mention while registering TOEFL will surely be there.

Secondly, America schools are not like Nigeria schools. Once you meet the school requirements and apply early enough nothing can stop from getting the admission. Most people do apply to one or two schools. if you have enough money for application fees please apply to as many school as you like including UK and Nigeria schools. Is not compulsory to tell the VO that all the schools you apply to are in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: I'm feeling this lady (lady in charge of helping intl students on their app/questions ) i dey follow talk tru ymail. I think i should ask her out.. #jk lmao, shes cool n nice..

She's only doing the job that pays her bills.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2013
Kunsoft:

Please Note that there is a way the VO can know the schools you apply to just that they don't have the time to do that. ON your TOEFL original score card the list of the 4 schools CODE you mention while registering TOEFL will surely be there.

Secondly, America schools are not like Nigeria schools. Once you meet the school requirements and apply early enough nothing can stop from getting the admission. Most people do apply to one or two schools. if you have enough money for application fees please apply to as many school as you like including UK and Nigeria schools. Is not compulsory to tell the VO that all the schools you apply to are in US.

Ok brah. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

She's only doing the job that pays her bills.

Thats right bro. I know right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Are you clear now? cool

I feel like slapping you hard I swear. Must you teach him English? You sef no try because you could have sent him a personal mail or call him on phone. I read the first part and I'm like this guy don come not knowing that you are just so wicked, delivering judgment without mercy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I am just trying to have some fun ni oooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

Does he have to explain all that? If I were a VO, I can add to his confussion if he isn't sure since I have his mom's maiden name on my system, I would ask him for a family tree so quick and trust me, he will likely miss it. I think they know our culture is that of family ties as such, we have too many relatives thus, they don't need to ask details.

@Gboyega. I don't get your point. Is there a place where mom's maiden name is provided on the ds-160? Pls clarify.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: @gr8ever, Thanks so much i appreciate.. Tho u understand my financial difficulties, but why dnt u let me apply to d 4 schools like mr swagger said.. I will av a chance of at least 1/4 shey u get..? If i got admitted to 3, i will just pick d one, offering more scholarship..

What great is saying is that do not apply to schools only because they are cheap, but consider their rating as well. I would suggest you check Birgham Young University in Utah. It is a cheap school and with a very good rating however, please note that it is owned and operated by the Mermons as they fund majority of the operating cost. Therefore, be sure it is okay by you before you go ahead to apply so that you don't get disappointed whenever you know. I don't know too much about Mermons but in terms of moral, they have very high standards which I think can help whatever faith you believe in since they don't compel you to attend their services unlike our own church universities here in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2013
lisadem:

@Gboyega. I don't get your point. Is there a place where mom's maiden name is provided on the ds-160? Pls clarify.

I guess it does. Can't remember right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.