Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489451 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lilyx(f): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hey guys I'm new here and I hope I get useful advice from u guys.
Well got admitted into a school in US and I have all my documents complete and they even waved the toefl exam. My problem is explaining the gap in my education. I was schoolin and had problem in my 3rd year. I wonna start over in US UG. Shud I tell d VO about the problem or how do I explain the gap. My waec is 2007. Some1 said I shud tell them I had health issues another said I shud still write d toefl exam. I'm confused help!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
lilyx: Hey guys I'm new here and I hope I get useful advice from u guys.
Well got admitted into a school in US and I have all my documents complete and they even waved the toefl exam. My problem is explaining the gap in my education. I was schoolin and had problem in my 3rd year. I wonna start over in US UG. Shud I tell d VO about the problem or how do I explain the gap. My waec is 2007. Some1 said I shud tell them I had health issues another said I shud still write d toefl exam. I'm confused help!!!

Only you can answer that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
lilyx: Hey guys I'm new here and I hope I get useful advice from u guys.

First of All, go for the TOEFL †̥o b on α safe side. Secondly, I will urge u †̥o sum up what u have been doing since 2007 till date or u can check on part 3 of u.s student visa thread it like these kind of issue occur and they mentioned the way u can reply the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lilyx(f): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
@ babsharon...thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yes, you need to take your HND transcripts to the embassy just incase he asks to see your transcripts.
thanks bro for the reply,but can u tell me d answers I can tell if V.O ask my why a u going for undergraduate again while u get HND. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hello fam(ily),
I'm now up with 4 schools of my choice, should I continue to add them in my TOEFL account, or should wait after i might av finished the test..
Ur reply is highly needed..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Amefrica: Hello fam(ily),
I'm now up with 4 schools of my choice, should I continue to add them in my TOEFL account, or should wait after i might av finished the test..
Ur reply is highly needed..
Add them now cos after d test u will be required to pay extra charge for that o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
eduson002: Add them now cos after d test u will be required to pay extra charge for that o.

Ok Sire..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by savemysoul: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
Please house I need your urgent response.can I use my HND with experinece spanning 6 years to get master'S degree programme in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
lalla89: thanks bro for the reply,but can u tell me d answers I can tell if V.O ask my why a u going for undergraduate again while u get HND. Thanks
Tell the VO HND is an advance diploma so you will be tranfering the credit for the new degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
What the heck!! If I had new I wouldn't av read tru da previous parts.. Tho they are full of testimonies but there were some people who's trynna convince people that getting undergraduate student visa is nearly impossible... Those guys already convinced me but m gonna keep my fingers crossed.. #eyesrolling.. Ugh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
savemysoul: Please house I need your urgent response.can I use my HND with experinece spanning 6 years to get master'S degree programme in US?
Yeah bro !!! U are Good †̥o go
Take Ur time †̥o check for schools †̥o apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
@babsharon 2007 school cert 6yrs gaps, try explain urself very well to the VO what you ve been doing on how to fill the 6yrs gaps
Explain yourself to us what you been doing for the past 6yrs and whats ur highest qualification. I have an idea but give me the details of wht u ve been doing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
savemysoul: Please house I need your urgent response.can I use my HND with experinece spanning 6 years to get master'S degree programme in US?

Yes. Sure. You can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Kunsoft:
Tell the VO HND is an advance diploma so you will be tranfering the credit for the new degree.

Exactly! You took the words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Exactly! You took the words out of my mouth.
you can say that again grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hello, i wan modify the schools i ordered.. I wan delete 1.. Abeg how i fit do am ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lilyx(f): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
smithjanetstore: @babsharon 2007 school cert 6yrs gaps, try explain urself very well to the VO what you ve been doing on how to fill the 6yrs gaps
Explain yourself to us what you been doing for the past 6yrs and whats ur highest qualification. I have an idea but give me the details of wht u ve been doing.

Read the post very well, was in school but had problems in 3rd year. I'm starting all over again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
pls help me out of this messy situation.. I need to delete an instition in my account.. Plus i was able to register for 5 schools instead of 4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
lilyx:

Read the post very well, was in school but had problems in 3rd year. I'm starting all over again.
ȋ̝̊̅ think you have to come up with something else and forget about the school stuff. Probably U̶̲̥̅̊ went to a computer institute or you work as an entry level in a company. Cook one position and responsibility for yourself.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2013
Hi guys. I have a Yankee tourist visa running and then I have interview for F1 visa next month. Do u think its to my advantage. Any precautions I should take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2013
theDonBee: Hi guys. I have a Yankee tourist visa running and then I have interview for F1 visa next month. Do u think its to my advantage. Any precautions I should take?

Sure it is to your advantage if you have not violated any rules on entry/exit. My friend has same visa and had his F-1 VI 4 days ago. After the VO asked him about his travel history and he mentioned US without any rule violation, his visa was approved immediately without even checking any documents. So you are good to go...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2013
#thinkinoutloud
I am wondering why MORRIS applied for BSc instead of Masters.
May be wrong; I tink since e has BSc in industrial chem, e shud go for masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2013
Forget abt d schs u registered really.u don't need to edit it. It doesnt affect anythin. For my toefl, I registered 3 schs and am not attending any of those schs instead, am headed to anoda. It isn't d schs u fill dat matters, itis ur score, go ace it by focusin on studies. BFL
Amefrica: Hello, i wan modify the schools i ordered.. I wan delete 1.. Abeg how i fit do am ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2013
theDonBee: Hi guys. I have a Yankee tourist visa running and then I have interview for F1 visa next month. Do u think its to my advantage. Any precautions I should take?
u r more than good to go....i ddnt spend more than 2mins in front of d dreaded chinko lady nd i had my visa approved..i had a tourist visa dat was suppose to xpire nxt yr may....but one thing is u will have ur tourist visa cancelled without prejudice(CWOP) after ur F-1 is approved...so d ball is in ur court, do ur necessary preparation and go get ur F-1

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hello house, I greet you all..

Please I will like to know if someone in Austria can make the Sevis fee payment for me through the Western Union in Austria.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hello house, I greet you all..

Please I will like to know if someone in Austria can make the Sevis fee payment for me through the Western Union in Austria.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
Kunsoft:
bigfrancis and kunsoft thanks for ur positive response ,pls can I hav any of ur contact details either email I.d or BB pin.tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
mr swagger: Hello house, I greet you all..

Thanks.

Really? Are you not the same person who started this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1298933/easiest-way-pay-sevis-fee

Promoting a company you claimed that helps people make SEVIS payment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.