Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488324 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
I've been trying to schedule an appointment for Lagos Consulate since on tuesday (11th) but the system has been responding that "There are currently no dates available."
I need to schedule an appointment ASAP because time is going and my school resumes in August. Please can someone give me a very good suggestion on how I can schedule an appointment myself (catch a date) without patronising "agents".
N.B.: I've been trying since tuesday, morning, afternoon, midnight, early morning.... Please fellow nairalanders help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
omg_star: I've been trying to schedule an appointment for Lagos Consulate since on tuesday (11th) but the system has been responding that "There are currently no dates available."
I need to schedule an appointment ASAP because time is going and my school resumes in August. Please can someone give me a very good suggestion on how I can schedule an appointment myself (catch a date) without patronising "agents".
N.B.: I've been trying since tuesday, morning, afternoon, midnight, early morning.... Please fellow nairalanders help out

There's no magic as to getting a date, all You need do is keep on checking. Check very early in the morning and at night too.

I remember when I was looking for a date, I checked the site around 6:15am and no dates were available. I checked again at exactly 6:30am and I saw 3 days were open....

Try and call the US embassy's customer careline regularly too, I remember someone got a date on phone and scheduled His interview on phone. The number is 09-4601748.

I wish U luck in your hunt! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
fadex56: @bones, my agent told me dat my package will arrive in d next 3 weeks

haha!!! there is something fishy with ur agent,cos concord send their package thru DHL and it only takes 3/4days, beside they are already sending their class schedule and other important document to start the fall class, i received mine yesterday sef.. Abeg mail the school international admission officer urself for u to be on the safer side. U have ur student ID already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
lalla89: Hello house please help me out I got an i20 at colgate e university to study Bsc in Economics, I applied as tranfer student with my HND .can I take my HND and go to visa interview while I'm going as undergraduate not masters ,if V.O ask me why BSc again after having a HND and NYSC certificate wat answer will I tell him.please gurus I need ur help answer me pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
@olarwarlay omoulabi so you ve booked ur apptmnt already, mhen i cant wait to see ur visa approved brov

best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
omg_star: I've been trying to schedule an appointment for Lagos Consulate since on tuesday (11th) but the system has been responding that "There are currently no dates available."
Don't Fret smiley I called those guys twice (cos I've been trying to schedule since tuesday), they said their system has a problem with Lagos bookings, that's why no dates have come up. There are dates for Abuja tho, if you can't wait for Lagos dates to be availablesmiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
TOEFL!!! HERE I COME!!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
lalla89:
Hello house please help me out I got an
i20 at colgate e university to study Bsc in
Economics, I applied as tranfer student with my
HND .can I take my HND and go to visa interview
while I'm going as undergraduate not masters ,if
V.O ask me why BSc again after having a HND and
NYSC certificate wat answer will I tell him.please
gurus I need ur help answer me pls

Yes, you need to take your HND transcripts to the embassy just incase he asks to see your transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
smithjanetstore: @olarwarlay omoulabi so you ve booked ur apptmnt already, mhen i cant wait to see ur visa approved brov

best of luck

Thanks Bro... Can't wait to read your testimony too.

God help US all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 4:23am On Jun 15, 2013
bones007:

haha!!! there is something fishy with ur agent,cos concord send their package thru DHL and it only takes 3/4days, beside they are already sending their class schedule and other important document to start the fall class, i received mine yesterday sef.. Abeg mail the school international admission officer urself for u to be on the safer side. U have ur student ID already?

i will ask him to send my student id to me. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 6:39am On Jun 15, 2013
fadex56: i will ask him to send my student id to me. Thanks bro

pls do so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:11am On Jun 15, 2013
Morris: Please house am new to this thread I need una help pls:
I am going for my interview next month at abuja,
I already have my 1st degree in Industrial Chemistry(through part-time) I finished 2011, and I have been working in a family friend's manufacturing company as Business Developer.
I jst got admitted to study Bsc in Business Admin/management at west virginia university so as to start from the basics of my new career path. And due to my skills in that area my Employer agree to sponsor me for my study and have agreed to give me the following:
Company bank statement worth more dan 25million
My 6 months pay Slip worth #155,000 per month salary.
Study Leave.
Letter of attestation/sponsorship stating after my studies I will join the management board of the company Fully.
And photocopy of company registration.

For me I didn't take sat or tofel it was waived cos of my 1st degree, but I already have a GRE result which I took last year dou its low score.
Please I need una advise my people I no wan go the twice. Am I good to go thanks house.
ONE LOVE!

You have a good profile but the success of visa still balls down to meeting God's favour on the day.I pray it's your day.

Work more on why the change of course from Industrial chemistry to business admin as it's a sure question the VO will ask and that will determine subsequent questions.

If asked about the standardised test, glad you already wrote GRE even though the requisite tests - sat and toefl were waived by the school. just say exactly what you explained here.

If I were the VO, I would issue your visa because your case sounds credible.#lol# So relax, be prayerful and work on your confidence. I pray you come here to share the good testimony. All da best. Others will add this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2013
Interview Dates in Lagos are now available. There's 15th, 16th, 17th and Possibly 18th of July available as i type now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2013
Hi friends, has anyone seen available visa dates in Abuja? I need appointment date in Abuja ASAP..tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2013
cheesy you asked for Lagos dates when someone announced Abuja and now it's Abuja dates when someone just announced Lagos. Hmmmm. Keep searching anyways...

gbemonology1: Hi friends, has anyone seen available visa dates in Abuja? I need appointment date in Abuja ASAP..tnx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2013
15th, 16th, 17th july available for interview in lagos. Just scheduled mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2013
Hello house, can i use different statement of account ? Like the one m gonna use in applying for admission is different from d 1 i'll present at the embassy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2013
Amefrica: Hello house, can i use different statement of account ? Like the one m gonna use in applying for admission is different from d 1 i'll present at the embassy..
. Yes u can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2013
Praise God!!! I just scheduled an appointment by myself for July 17th at Lagos Consulate without the help of any "agent".

The secret is just to be persistent on the system and keep looking on to God.
AGENTS DO NOT DO ANYTHING EXTRAORDINARY!!! tongue
I'll come back to share my success story after my interview. Wish every other applicant success!
For those still trying to schedule an appointment, just keep trying by yourself!
You dont need to pay any agent an exorbitant amount

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2013
Morris: Please house am new to this thread I need una help pls:
I am going for my interview next month at abuja,
I already have my 1st degree in Industrial Chemistry(through part-time) I finished 2011, and I have been working in a family friend's manufacturing company as Business Developer.
I jst got admitted to study Bsc in Business Admin/management at west virginia university so as to start from the basics of my new career path. And due to my skills in that area my Employer agree to sponsor me for my study and have agreed to give me the following:
Company bank statement worth more dan 25million
My 6 months pay Slip worth #155,000 per month salary.
Study Leave.
Letter of attestation/sponsorship stating after my studies I will join the management board of the company Fully.
And photocopy of company registration.

For me I didn't take sat or tofel it was waived cos of my 1st degree, but I already have a GRE result which I took last year dou its low score.
Please I need una advise my people I no wan go the twice. thanks house.
ONE LOVE!

Your profile looks good and credible. You may be asked why the change of career, you explain how after you graduated and started working in your friend's company as a developer you developed a flair and passion for business administration. You'll explain how your few years of working as a business developer ignited the passion and talent for business administration, and you decided to obtain a degree in business administration. You may also be asked why you didn't go for an MBA instead, you then mention what you mentioned here, that you want to start from scratch in the basics of business administration.

Your letter of employment, salary pay slip, study leave, letter of attestation will all prove to the vo that you've got strong home ties, and also serve to cover the gap in education in your timeline (2011-2013), because the vo will ask you what you've been doing since you graduated. Saying that you've been idle is a big no-no. So, your documents should cover.

As for the bank statement, have you made sure that the sponsor written on your I-20 is 'Company Sponsorship' not 'family sponsorship'? Because the sponsor on your I-20 has to tally with the bank statement type you're bringing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2013
omg_star: Praise God!!! I just scheduled an appointment by myself for July 17th at Lagos Consulate without the help of any "agent".

The secret is just to be persistent on the system and keep looking on to God.
AGENTS DO NOT DO ANYTHING EXTRAORDINARY!!! tongue
I'll come back to share my success story after my interview. Wish every other applicant success!
For those still trying to schedule an appointment, just keep trying by yourself!
You dont need to pay any agent an exorbitant amount

Yea, you can say that again. I'm so loving your post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2013
Amefrica: Hello house, can i use different statement of account ? Like the one m gonna use in applying for admission is different from d 1 i'll present at the embassy..

Yes you can ONLY if your school will indicate 'Family funding' under sponsor on your I-20. You need to be sure of what will appear as I heard here that some schools do write sponsor name(s) on the I-20. All the I-20 forms I got show 'Family funding'. Hope yours will the same and with that, you are at liberty to present any statement of account of your relatives @ d embassy. All da best and hope your are well prepared for toefl...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2013
Morris:

@Lisadem.
Tnx a lot for ur good wishes ok am grateful. I know the VO must surly ask about the change of course and I plan to answer:

I started my own business as an entrepreneur immediately, after I rounded up my studies in 2011 due to my love for business, and that was when I discovered my potential and luv for business adminstration/magnmt so I accepted my current job to grow this potential and career I derive joy in.

Is this ok? Tnx

You are welcome. No one is an island. We are here to assist one another.
Having read your reason, am curious about your own business you said you started. Hope you can defend yourself further if the VO is inquisitive as well.
All in all, I think the reason is tenable and conforms with KISS rule. #wink SUCCESS IS YOURS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2013
I won't advise u †̥o change Ur sponsor statement of account because d name will be stated on Ur i-20 unless u are using family fund.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 15, 2013
babsharon:
I won't advise u †̥o change Ur sponsor statement of account because d name will be stated on Ur i-20 unless u are using family fund.

Oh! Yeah! I will be using family fund (my dad). Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2013
lisadem:

Yes you can ONLY if your school will indicate 'Family funding' under sponsor on your I-20. You need to be sure of what will appear as I heard here that some schools do write sponsor name(s) on the I-20. All the I-20 forms I got show 'Family funding'. Hope yours will the same and with that, you are at liberty to present any statement of account of your relatives @ d embassy. All da best and hope your are well prepared for toefl...

Yes thanks bro.. Im preparing.. My dad will be sponsoring me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hi friends, l need gurus advice on this; l was denied last week and planning to reapply soon. What is the best explanation to give for the initial denial on DS-160, l mean in the column where the question 'have u ever been refused a visa before' is on DS-160. Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
gbemonology1: Hi friends, l need gurus advice on this; l was denied last week and planning to reapply soon. What is the best explanation to give for the initial denial on DS-160, l mean in the column where the question 'have u ever been refused a visa before' is on DS-160. Tnx

Tell them d truth because they av Ur fingerprint and also correct d mistakes why u were denied before. Cheers d visa is urs

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.