Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out (38909 Views)

I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Amid Uproar, Jonathan Disown 2015 Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=13pt]The truth is that this collabo will break the back of PDP.[/size]

In as much as i hate seeing a northerner leading this country because of their bloodletting characteristics, i will support this ticket because of Okorocha's humanity.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 20, 2013
ayswags: Why not fashola must it be buhari

Oga, your fashola will not sell for the following reasons.

The last 8yr term serving president is yoruba.

Fashola has impoverished the poor in Lagos. No sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by drnoel: 9:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=13pt]Some of you should be ready to back up whatever you say. How is GEJ better for the SE. Name one thing of note that he has done for the SE?[/size]
Fine u may be right but he is definitely better than a buhari/rochas combination
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by TechyGuy: 9:04am On Mar 20, 2013
mikeansy: Buhari will not achive much in office, his fight against corruption will be misguided. I am pretty sure about that!

The truth is no one President can tackle corruption in one term or 2 terms. Thats how deep corruption has eaten into Nigeria.

So if you think President Buhari will solve all your problem you are missing the point. Yes a few people will go to jail but the problem will remain!

We need new systems in place that allows for accountability and traceability that plugs the loopholes that allows every fool to embezzle money in naija. I have seen corruption trails in nigeria and have been disappointed by how dumb the process is and how not so sophisticated the thieves were.

President Buhari will be bugged down with re-fighting the fights of yesteryears and before you know it, 4years will elapse and he will not make any progress.

We need a President with a clear and cool head to go back to the drawing board and start afresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to build systems and institutions and begin to operate in the 21st century!

Has anyone seen how files and records are kept in Nigerian civil service and most institution? we have a long way to go!

The best post on this thread!

I had the opportunity to work in a Federal ministry and I saw first hand the corruption in Nigeria. I have friends who work in ministries, custom, port authority, military personnel and they all say the same thing. The corruption in Nigeria is not a problem of bad government but corrupt followers!

Questions:
1. Have you ever seen a president in Apapa falsifying documents? No
2. Do politicians ever go to polling stations during election to rig election? Most unlikely.
3. Who transfers the funds stolen by politicians? Banks (private sector) and CBN.
4. Who protects the theiving politicians? Military
5. Who collects bribe from criminals and let them go? Judges, Police, Nigerian prisons etc
6. Who collects money from students and give them grades? lecturers
7. Who pays bribes to lecturers to get good grades for their wards? Your and my parents!
8. the list is unending but I have to stop....

Hence, no CORRUPT GOVERNMENT can stand, without support from CORRUPT FOLLOWERS!
As long as we keep seeing PDP as the problem we are doomed! I had colleagues who shouted "sai Buhari" and when Federal allocation comes at the end of the month from PDP, it is shared! Who are we deceiving?!
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 20, 2013
okpara ugo:

Oga, your fashola will not sell for the following reasons.

The last 8yr term serving president is yoruba.

Fashola has impoverished the poor in Lagos. No sentiments.

Geez....why can't u just consult your good God given brain instead of u thinking with anus bro..... can u just explain to me how this man has impoverished Lagos state and moreover from which state are u ??
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by troy20(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2013
ZE:

We are no longer voting party but personality. nigerians are wiser than that.

Buhari can rule the north not nigeria
n u cannote saperate a personality 4rm his party.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by troy20(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2013
ZE:

We are no longer voting party but personality. nigerians are wiser than that.

Buhari can rule the north not nigeria
n u cannote saperate a personality 4rm his party.nigerians arnt dt wise.dts y we have been under d misrule of pdp 4 over ten yrs
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by BulG: 9:11am On Mar 20, 2013
HNosegbe: If I see any opposition ticket with Buhari in it, I will sit my behind at home during the election.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Sentiments Sentiments all the way. Ok would you rather we continue like this?
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by troy20(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Joseph chuks: Buhari/Okorocha ticket is a huge joke.
Igbos 90% will queue behind Jonathan/Sambo. Any arrangements that makes us second fiddle in this country
again will fail woefully. Okorocha can never pacify us with free education because it wasn't from his personal pocket.
Buhari that scuttled the chance of Igboman during Ekwueme\Shagari wants Igbo votes! Tufiakwa!
He boasted that he plotted the coup to prevent Ekwueme, Igbo man from being the president apparently taking
over from Shagari.Whoever planned this has failed already. This ticket is dead on arrival.
I am from Igbo heartland and play important roles among the youths at home and diaspora.
I will use every instruments including true and false rumors to scuttle any chance of Buhari ticket
in Igbo land. He can do it without Igbos but he will rule Nigeria never unless like Abiola ruled Nigeria
Goodluck Nigeria.
dats is y we igbos hav insidiously become a minority group.dts y we hav long lost our respect because we neva realy had one.we are very individuated,selfish nd unsmart.ask urself wat has been ur position unda pdp 4 over ten yrs nw.look at d big picture my friend.u hav been used all ur life.Think deeper!
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by rasputinn(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Act 1,scene 2

How many of you REALLY understand what is going on?

Na small pikin wey no know fish,dey call am didi
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Jakumo: Suicide bombing organizer Ayatollah Buhari Bin-Laden couldn't win a beauty contest in a chimpanzee sanctuary.

Buhari of the "Pellow Kwantiri-man" fame couldn't defeat a one-legged man in an asz-kicking contest.

Ayatollah Mumu Buhari of the "goat plucking" fame couldn't find his own rectal orifice with both hands.

Buhari of the "Blood will Flow" fame would't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning any election, even if it was for village dog-catcher back in the Sahel hamlet of his illiterate roots.

Yet, despite all these sobering considerations, no Nigerian presidential election would be complete without the buffoonery and attention-seeking death threats which the Boko Haram terror gang leader, Ayatollah Buhari Bin-Laden has refined into an un-intentionally comical side-show that mitigates the otherwise serious business of presidential elections in Nigeria.

So please, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, proceed with the pantomime for which you are so adored. Entertain us !

I laugh in swahili!!!!
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2013
damola14:
Friend ,a nationalist ,honest ,sincerely leader is what we should pray or wish for.what if igbo man leave the position worse of or nigerian as a whole suffers more .
My brother let pray cheesy
Friend ,a nationalist ,honest ,sincerely leader is what we should pray or wish for.what if igbo man leave the position worse of or nigerian as a whole suffers more .
My brother let pray

The way OBJ left it nah
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2013
History is about to repeat itself again and again, remember buhari/okadibgo's ticket?
It cldnt stop majority of voters from north and east from voting massively for pdp.
Buhari/ben obi ticket= same fate
Buhari/bakari still cldnt attract majority votes from the west and north whom still voted pdp so buhari/rochas or with whoever will surely produce same old results.

They should leave the idea of who becomes the president now and do more of enlightenment across all the 36 states of the federation and in all the local government first.
They must have a solid base nationwide and their meetings should be held in all the 6zones and stop this lagos and kaduna parole all the time cause it gives the impression that it is for the west and few northern states hence people from other region have no choice than to stick with the old order.
Party flag bearer shld be the last thing in their agenda but sadly they are busy chasing shadows rather than doing everything humanly possible to have a national appeal.
But y all the noise, APC of tinubu and buhari is not yet a political party yet so y are we all jonsing here?

okpara ugo:

In as much as i hate seeing a northerner leading this country because of their bloodletting characteristics, i will support this ticket because of Okorocha's humanity.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by udatso: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
Why this so much hatred for Buhari?
Its so annoying seeing how we can change our view due to sentiments.
When GEJ was voted in, everyone was saying, yes,we need young men as presidents. We need people who have tasted poverty to lead us cause they know how it feels to b poor...we no longer need old men who have held 9ja ransom and moving us backward? After GEJ gave us the first blow with oil subsidies stuff, we started shouting, he has no regards for the poor.
After the way he has being handling corruption and security cases, we now call him clueless and inexperience. Some of this once GeJ lovers call him all sorts of names like retardeen, slowpoke..etc. Recently, a news was posted talking about GEJ's intention to increase fuel price and almost all the comments there are all attacking him, some calling him names....even with all these, we wouldn't open our eyes and vote for a trusted and tested person who can lead us to ur goals. Som also keep talking about Buhari being old, how does that affect his legacy and leadership? Why are you asking for young men as presidents even after seeing how our oga jona has been misbehaving nationally and internationally?
I know evryone is entitled to his opinion but please let's not allow our sentiments cloud our judgement hence make decisions that we wil regret.I don't care about who leads 9jeria but what I do care abt is he is tested and trusted and can b trusted. Look out how GEJ handle nuhu's report on corruption in the oil sector, do u think, in buhari's administration, those guys responsible wd be smiling nw. Even doyin okukpe acknowledged buhari as a sincere and honest man but foolishly said that that's not the typ of person we need in 9ja. If that's not the type we need, who do we need? Committee forming presidents after each events. Am surre a special committee has been set to investigate d bomb blast at kano recently. Personally, I think Voting for GEJ or pdp is the worst mistake anybody would eva make in 2015. Who knows, maybe a committe has been set up to monitor my comments and reply to oga J in 2 weeks. Let's be truthful to ourselves please

1 Like

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by udatso: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2013
WHY THE NOISE TO CRUCIFY BUHARI, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE AT LEAST TELL NIGERIANS WHY WE MUST CRUCIFY GEN. BUHARI
The man General Muhammad Buhari has served as a Military Governor, a Petroleum Minister, PTF Chairman and as a Head of state. There is hardly any Retired Military office or civilian that has held as many lucrative offices as he had. Today, General Buhari has no single house in Lagos where he served as a head of state and no single house or plot of land in FCT, yet he stole and has a lot of money. Ordinary commissioners, Ministers, FCT mayors, Senators and house of rep members owns, 2, 3, 4, and more houses in Abuja. Recently, EFCC said some one owns 48 houses in Abuja, yet Buhari has not a single one but he still stole money and has enough money.
General Muhammad Buhari was formerly leaving in a rented house in Abuja, but packed his load and went back to his village when his rent was increased because he could not afford the new rent. Yet he stole and has a lot of money. As a former head of state and petroleum minister, he has not single oil block. All other heads of states and presidents owns multiple oil blocks in Nigeria, but Buhari owns none, yet he stole and has a lot of money.
General Buhari has all his children go through and still going through schools in Nigerian public universities till today. Yet he stole huge money and has a lot of money. Unfortunately, General Buhari lost one of his daughters after she gave birth to a child in a general hospital in Kaduna, when German hospitals and Indian Hospitals has become the 37th and 38th state of Nigerian politicians. Yet he stole money and has a lot of money.
General Buhari was ones in Abuja with a rickety jeep and when he arrived from Kaduna some mechanics had to come to the CPC headquarters to do some little work on the engine of the jeep so it could be able to take the General back to Kaduna. Honestly, It was a shame seeing that. Yet he stole a lot of money and he has a lot of money.
During the presidential election, General Buharis house in his home was dilapidating and a Good Samaritan employed people to come and renovate the house without the consent of General Buhari and he even frowned at it when he saw people come to renovate his house without his consent. Yet he stole a lot of money and has a lot of money.
Personally, General Buhari has not given me a dime, even a transport fare and I have not seen him give anyone, please if he has given you prove me wrong. Yet, he stole and he has so much money. At the inauguration of the merger committee by general Buhari. No food was served, not even a drink or water. People at the function said they were so hungry that they have to look for where to eat after the inauguration. Yet he stole and has so much money.
I have heard people say he stole 52 big suit cases filled with dollars or pounds and that he stole 2.5 Billion dollars, even though there is not evidence and subsequent governments has investigated the issues and confirmed it was baseless and lack a single truth. But I still think those 52 big suit cases filled with pounds sterling?s and 2.5 Billion dollars are still in his bedroom and the only conclusion I have is that he is keeping them to give to his late grand fathers when he finally goes to meet them in death. Don?t you think I am right?
Obasanjo, was worth less than #1Million before he became president in 1999, I remember Pastor Bakare said that he helped to pay OBJs children?s school fees when he was in prison, but today, OBJ has mansions, oil blocks and billions with his mega farm. Buhari has none yet he stole money.
It is on record that Haroun chairman of the probe panel by Obasanjo to investigate PTF came out and said PTF account was audited every year while Federal Government account was not audited in 36years.

Buhari told Obasanjo to publish the report of the panel, but Obasanjo could not publish it because it was a certificate of honor for Buhari. If that Dr. Haroun?s report had any page in it that indicted Buhari, Obasanjo would have used that to disqualify Buhari from contesting against him in 2003. We did not also forget that even the dreaded Ribadu led EFCC gave Buhari a clean bill of health amongst all the candidates that contested the 2007 general election

Abacha stole so much and even when he is dead, the family is still not able to exhaust his loot and are living big. Buharis family is living with almost nothing, yet he stole a lot of money. IBB was one of those buying PHCN during the privatization by the federal government. Atiku and co owns private Universities, OBJ owns one, and Minister of Niger Delta owns 5 houses and may be more in Abuja and many in Dubai. Almost all former heads of states and presidents owns oil block and refineries abroad. Diezanni Allison the minister of petroleum has his children flying in private jets abroad and living expensive lives while their mother is still here flying private jets and you know how many houses she has got, but Buhari has none, yet they told us he stole so much, 52 big suit cases filled with pounds sterling?s and 2.5 Billion Dollars still inside his bedroom and he has not spent a dime out of it. Then he must be keeping it for his late grand parents who he will give when he finally gets old and joins them in death. Please ask this government or anyone to identify any house in Abuja, Lagos or any other place in Nigeria and the whole world owned by Buhari apart from his home in Kaduna and his fathers house so I will take over them immediately or find out any of his children schooling abroad or any oil block that he owns or any expensive car that he drives so I will be able to take over them. I will be very generous to share them with you. I am just using my tongue to count my teeth now. I hope you will still do the same thing God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Stlatyv(m): 10:03am On Mar 20, 2013
ba7man: As much as I'm a fan of Fashola, I don't think Nigerians are ready for him.
we cal somethng 'national outlook', both rochas nd fashola ar flyn wit regional outlook . Y do u fink pdp is nt ready to nominate sambo as nxt president. D outlook is one d major criteria,among al dis na only buhari poses it,rochas bein v.p 4 nw nd if he is able to perform am sure he wil get his national outluk 4rm nd he can contest in upa one bt nt dis.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Stlatyv(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2013
drnoel:
Fine u may be right but he is definitely better than a buhari/rochas combination
unles Gej use his office power lyk obj did in 2007 he wil neva get near aso rock again. He has loose it in d south west nd north. Ar u teln me dat only south south nd east wil get him there? Imagine a present requested 4 4billion to build or renovate first ladies office nd 7billion 4 aso rock gate nd am here in d core north servin dis nation wit a certificate dat worth nothn les dan 80thousand yet am paid 19800 nd someone somewhere want to build a house or office worth 4billion naira wit nigeria money. Wats d qualification of woman abeg? ND or NCE

1 Like

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 20, 2013
Can of worms.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by OsunOriginal: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2013
mikeansy:

People just dont get it

Buhari is unelectable.

he will never poll 10% vote in the East, even if Jesus Christ or Mohamed are the INEC chairmen and you conduct the election in heaven

Unelectable by who? Yanminrins - the bigots?

Minority will have their say by the majority will win eventually.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 20, 2013
seguun:
I understand you but I don't think tinubu will sacrifice ACN because of buhari/okorocha. If you doubt me wait and see what the reaction will be in the SW in some days if this news is true.
To me, this is more than buhari/Rochas .....Individuals........for Tinubu,tis gonna be an opportunity to be @ the centre stage not regional politics/govt......logically,if u wanna be @ the centre stage,u have to present ''winning candidates''......!!

IMHO which shd be a North/East team..... If they(APC) shd do their assignments very well in SW/North......MB/SE/SS....... Atleast they can push the election to a Re-run if they could not win @ a go.....!!!!

If APC could not defeat PDP @least would make PDP a better party....!!!

How the competition is gonna benefit Nigerians is whats important IMO!!!!
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Concept(m): 10:39am On Mar 20, 2013
I will start my view on this issue with personal experience & the way I assess Nigeria society. I started work as a fresh graduate with this attitude of getting things done the normal way but I was wrong, things started going badly for me because I did not compromise, a guy very new on a job, you will understand my dilemma. I got the message, sought for advice & I got the way things work around there. 'My Oga at the top' who has been threatening me with sack sensed it that things have changed. Why? I worked on the field dealing with suppliers, let me continue further, my oga knew that smoothness that accompanied my work was because I had compromised because this same journey, he also had passed through. Knowing well that my knowledge of the operation is corrupted, he revealed to me what he has been concealing, I mean his true self. To cut the long story short, we all made money.

Do you know why this is dangerous for us? The culture of corruption is in every institution in Nigeria, starting from our homes & beyond. From my story above, the scenario will be regenerating in that company because as I speak I am no longer their employee, so is my oga but one thing remains the way things are done that I met & left there, & for sure I know is not the best practice. This is the way Nigeria is run by our politicians. The country can only be run by someone who sees himself that he has nothing to lose, look at my sentiment above I compromised because I know how many interview I attended before getting that job & my attempt to commit suicide once, all because I could not get a job & having this one I am ready to keep it whatever it might cost.

Lets check on people that are going to pass this test in Nigeria. I can say none but we still have some few guys like the Taxi driver, the airline cleaner that sometimes returned huge sum of money back to the owner. If we talk of our leaders or lets say those who impose themselves on us as our leaders, most have zero integrity however those we can assume to have above 50 can still be given a chance in a society that corrupt practices have been glorified, then above 50 mark is doing great. We all know some of the guys that fall into this category, this may be mixed but I will try to analyse it.
1. Some have never been accused of economic or financial crimes.
2. If at all accused, no strong evidence to convince the public why they should be convicted.Especially those acclaimed by their direct community to be progressive.
3. Despite our aspersion on public office holders as cheat, their work & progress are conspicuous to the public.
4. Wisdom is the principal thing, get wisdom, get understanding. Decision making is vital even if u are a rogue.

Any other can be added guys. My philosophy about life is not about religion, education attainment or ethnicity but that inner drive, the burning desire to get result, if our so call leaders lack some of these, we still have a very long way to go. Sum it up guys & know what kind of leaders we should crave for in 2015. God is not ready to bless Nigeria until we are ready to make it work. We are blessed already.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 20, 2013
byrron:

its like u attended a meeting were all the igbos from all the eastern states sat and told u this crap u are posting up there?
hw can u be speaking for every1 based on the opinions of one or two people u might have had encounter with on this issue?
u sound so frustrated.
y do u think ACN has no hold in the east,south,north and the middle belt and still could not produce the president even when it attempted teaming up with CPC yet they failed despite the fact that ACN has won at-least 5 states in the west? its because of the ethnic coloration and that is the same thing happening now in this ACP fans club.

APGA could only win a gubernatorial election in Anambara state despite the fact that it has a tribal coloration which naturally should have attracted the eastern sympathy but it didn't workout that way because sentiments and tribal cards don't really exist in the world of the majority here.

it might interest you to know that no political party with tribal coloration wins the presidency and that is the competitive advantage the pdp rogues have over all other local champions that are also rogues though at state level.

when u here about APC, what comes to mind is Tinubu and buhari with some desperate friends from other regions who really do not have electoral value at national level and that also gives it an ethnic coloration, the same way ACN and CPC combined but latter capitulated based on selfish motives and that is what is gonna happen to this APC that's if its able to buy back the name.

Rochas is not such a huge factor to reckon with in the east and most easterners knows that except a few just like u who try to wish the bitter truth away.

Roachas has contested for the president of this country before hope u know that and he failed of which the igbos voted more for pdp because they know the personality in question very much and besides contesting by trying to weep up tribal sentiments and on a perceived tribal party or platform will only earn u a distant second (ask awolowo, falae, buhari, atiku, rimi, ojukwu, rochas,orji kalu etc).

AD couldn't produce the president in 1999 because every other region voted obj in pdp because his party the pdp was viewed as a national party while the AD was seen like a tribal party hence ur tribes votes alone can not produce the president of this country.

since APC fever started in the west and some few northern states but sadly its so unpronounced in the east,south,middle belt and most northern states and if a party to be is not felt in most of these places then how do u intend to displace a party that has its presence in every part of the federation even in states not controlled by them u still know they exist while opposition parties only exist in states were they have governors and practically unknown in other states.

my point is that u don't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, its not always about allocating the presidential and vps slot to some regions rather you must first have a national appeal and your members should be serious heavy weight both at state and at national level and not just picking anyone- remember that almost everyone that matter most in every state is in pdp which gives it that national appeal.

U also have to take cognizance of the peoples mindset and bias from every state i.e, the APC governors that went on a solidarity visit to brono state forgot that the people from other ethnic background suffered more casualty because they are the target and when u don't sympathize with such ones too then u have also sent the wrong signal meaning u care more for the host state then what about its victims that are not from those states? these sentiments counts and it also makes or breaks a party ability to win the votes of people from those bias regions.

a lot needs to be done by any serious opposition party, the real voters are those people u call illiterates that votes based on sentiments and they are in the majority so it goes beyond allocating of political post at the moment.

If tinubu and buhari fails to go round the 36 states of the federation to make a very good case on why people should vote APC in embryo rather than pdp and only thinks that their numerous meetings at the western states and northern states is sufficient to earn them the presidency then they will be doing the same mistake and expecting a different result.

sadly that is how it works here in Nigeria so drop this ur igbo trash theory and see the bigger picture than magnifying a very insignificant issue and making it look like the problem while a germane and fundamental issues are yet to be attended to just like the way APC members were busy chasing shadows and forgot to do the needful first by securing their identity- that's just a tip of the ice bag of what might occur.

DAZ ALL

wow,wow,wo.....w.......I just wished APC could read this and work on it......National outlook is the most important with winning candidates
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by PointB: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Rochas is certainly not the best foot Igbo can put forward, but if he is the one Nigerian will accept so be it. But I won't be supporting any ticket that has Buhari as the Presidential candidate?

Why always Buhari?
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by udatso: 11:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Concept: I will start my view on this issue with personal experience & the way I assess Nigeria society. I started work as a fresh graduate with this attitude of getting things done the normal way but I was wrong, things started going badly for me because I did not compromise, a guy very new on a job, you will understand my dilemma. I got the message, sought for advice & I got the way things work around there. 'My Oga at the top' who has been threatening me with sack sensed it that things have changed. Why? I worked on the field dealing with suppliers, let me continue further, my oga knew that smoothness that accompanied my work was because I had compromised because this same journey, he also had passed through. Knowing well that my knowledge of the operation is corrupted, he revealed to me what he has been concealing, I mean his true self. To cut the long story short, we all made money.

Do you know why this is dangerous for us? The culture of corruption is in every institution in Nigeria, starting from our homes & beyond. From my story above, the scenario will be regenerating in that company because as I speak I am no longer their employee, so is my oga but one thing remains the way things are done that I met & left there, & for sure I know is not the best practice. This is the way Nigeria is run by our politicians. The country can only be run by someone who sees himself that he has nothing to lose, look at my sentiment above I compromised because I know how many interview I attended before getting that job & my attempt to commit suicide once, all because I could not get a job & having this one I am ready to keep it whatever it might cost.

Lets check on people that are going to pass this test in Nigeria. I can say none but we still have some few guys like the Taxi driver, the airline cleaner that sometimes returned huge sum of money back to the owner. If we talk of our leaders or lets say those who impose themselves on us as our leaders, most have zero integrity however those we can assume to have above 50 can still be given a chance in a society that corrupt practices have been glorified, then above 50 mark is doing great. We all know some of the guys that fall into this category, this may be mixed but I will try to analyse it.
1. Some have never been accused of economic or financial crimes.
2. If at all accused, no strong evidence to convince the public why they should be convicted.Especially those acclaimed by their direct community to be progressive.
3. Despite our aspersion on public office holders as cheat, their work & progress are conspicuous to the public.
4. Wisdom is the principal thing, get wisdom, get understanding. Decision making is vital even if u are a rogue.

Any other can be added guys. My philosophy about life is not about religion, education attainment or ethnicity but that inner drive, the burning desire to get result, if our so call leaders lack some of these, we still have a very long way to go. Sum it up guys & know what kind of leaders we should crave for in 2015. God is not ready to bless Nigeria until we are ready to make it work. We are blessed already.

God bless you for this wonderful speech.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Munepirates: 11:14am On Mar 20, 2013
ayswags: Why not fashola must it be buhari
any Savvy Nigerian knows that we need a Jerry Rawlings to clean the slate for any young enterprising leader to succeed. Fashola that is under the control of Tinubu? That cant withstand Tinubu? Our only Jerry Rawlings remains Buhari. Give Buhari 4 years of cleansing, before we hand over to a Fashola or anyone else. the slate must be wiped clean first. their must be renewed fear and respect for law and order.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Munepirates: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2013
solomon111: Buhari is an incompetent foool,riding on the back of huge numbers of illiterate voters.
I will leave this country anyday this idiott enter Aso-rock.

How do you propose we correct the rot of corruption? If IBB isnt brought to book, theres no justification for another civil servant not to pull another "Maina" on us. at this rate, out retirement savings accounts will be stolen by one person, cos no one has the will to set things right. Thats the reason why some of us clamour for Buhari in all his stints in govt, he was accountable and showed a disdain for corruption...exactly what Nigeria needs
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by ibidapko(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2013
xcuggs_m:
The choice of VP for Buhari will require someone with guts to take on the front man job that Buhari will pass on to him (remember Idiagbor). This is where I think Fashola might not fit in as he is someone that function within the confines of group action with godfathers tweaking his mojo and an ever ready contingent of mobilised tribal ACN party members to support every of his policies without question. The Fashola we have seen in Lagos State would not stick out his neck in individually driven affirmative action when it is called for.
Rochas Okorocha will be a better fit for Buhari As he is a man that faces a course of action and pursues it with total commitment without looking back to see who is clapping for him or booing.
Fashola can be the minister for works to continue the construction work he started with Lagos state!

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS. THERE IS MORE TO GOVERNANCE AND BEING A VP THAN INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
TO BE MORE USEFUL TO NIGERIA FASHOLA WILL MAKE AN EXCELLENT MINISTER OF WORKS
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by Concept(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
[b]WHY THE NOISE TO CRUCIFY BUHARI, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE AT LEAST TELL NIGERIANS WHY WE MUST CRUCIFY GEN. BUHARI
The man General Muhammad Buhari has served as a Military Governor, a Petroleum Minister, PTF Chairman and as a Head of state. There is hardly any Retired Military office or civilian that has held as many lucrative offices as he had. Today, General Buhari has no single house in Lagos where he served as a head of state and no single house or plot of land in FCT, yet he stole and has a lot of money. Ordinary commissioners, Ministers, FCT mayors, Senators and house of rep members owns, 2, 3, 4, and more houses in Abuja. Recently, EFCC said some one owns 48 houses in Abuja, yet Buhari has not a single one but he still stole money and has enough money.
General Muhammad Buhari was formerly leaving in a rented house in Abuja, but packed his load and went back to his village when his rent was increased because he could not afford the new rent. Yet he stole and has a lot of money. As a former head of state and petroleum minister, he has not single oil block. All other heads of states and presidents owns multiple oil blocks in Nigeria, but Buhari owns none, yet he stole and has a lot of money.
General Buhari has all his children go through and still going through schools in Nigerian public universities till today. Yet he stole huge money and has a lot of money. Unfortunately, General Buhari lost one of his daughters after she gave birth to a child in a general hospital in Kaduna, when German hospitals and Indian Hospitals has become the 37th and 38th state of Nigerian politicians. Yet he stole money and has a lot of money.
General Buhari was ones in Abuja with a rickety jeep and when he arrived from Kaduna some mechanics had to come to the CPC headquarters to do some little work on the engine of the jeep so it could be able to take the General back to Kaduna. Honestly, It was a shame seeing that. Yet he stole a lot of money and he has a lot of money.
During the presidential election, General Buharis house in his home was dilapidating and a Good Samaritan employed people to come and renovate the house without the consent of General Buhari and he even frowned at it when he saw people come to renovate his house without his consent. Yet he stole a lot of money and has a lot of money.
Personally, General Buhari has not given me a dime, even a transport fare and I have not seen him give anyone, please if he has given you prove me wrong. Yet, he stole and he has so much money. At the inauguration of the merger committee by general Buhari. No food was served, not even a drink or water. People at the function said they were so hungry that they have to look for where to eat after the inauguration. Yet he stole and has so much money.
I have heard people say he stole 52 big suit cases filled with dollars or pounds and that he stole 2.5 Billion dollars, even though there is not evidence and subsequent governments has investigated the issues and confirmed it was baseless and lack a single truth. But I still think those 52 big suit cases filled with pounds sterling?s and 2.5 Billion dollars are still in his bedroom and the only conclusion I have is that he is keeping them to give to his late grand fathers when he finally goes to meet them in death. Don?t you think I am right?
Obasanjo, was worth less than #1Million before he became president in 1999, I remember Pastor Bakare said that he helped to pay OBJs children?s school fees when he was in prison, but today, OBJ has mansions, oil blocks and billions with his mega farm. Buhari has none yet he stole money.
It is on record that Haroun chairman of the probe panel by Obasanjo to investigate PTF came out and said PTF account was audited every year while Federal Government account was not audited in 36years.

Buhari told Obasanjo to publish the report of the panel, but Obasanjo could not publish it because it was a certificate of honor for Buhari. If that Dr. Haroun?s report had any page in it that indicted Buhari, Obasanjo would have used that to disqualify Buhari from contesting against him in 2003. We did not also forget that even the dreaded Ribadu led EFCC gave Buhari a clean bill of health amongst all the candidates that contested the 2007 general election

Abacha stole so much and even when he is dead, the family is still not able to exhaust his loot and are living big. Buharis family is living with almost nothing, yet he stole a lot of money. IBB was one of those buying PHCN during the privatization by the federal government. Atiku and co owns private Universities, OBJ owns one, and Minister of Niger Delta owns 5 houses and may be more in Abuja and many in Dubai. Almost all former heads of states and presidents owns oil block and refineries abroad. Diezanni Allison the minister of petroleum has his children flying in private jets abroad and living expensive lives while their mother is still here flying private jets and you know how many houses she has got, but Buhari has none, yet they told us he stole so much, 52 big suit cases filled with pounds sterling?s and 2.5 Billion Dollars still inside his bedroom and he has not spent a dime out of it. Then he must be keeping it for his late grand parents who he will give when he finally gets old and joins them in death. Please ask this government or anyone to identify any house in Abuja, Lagos or any other place in Nigeria and the whole world owned by Buhari apart from his home in Kaduna and his fathers house so I will take over them immediately or find out any of his children schooling abroad or any oil block that he owns or any expensive car that he drives so I will be able to take over them. I will be very generous to share them with you. I am just using my tongue to count my teeth now. I hope you will still do the same thing God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.[/b] To be honest, I do not know that we still have young generation Nigerians who can reason like this. Take corruption out of Naija what is UK or America, we will be living in dreamland. God bless you my brother - Udatso.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by madjune(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
THE BEST TEAM O. NIGERIA REALLY NEED BUHARI IF WE NEED DISCIPLINE AND SANITY IN OUR POLITY LIKE IT WAS BEFORE BABANGIDA CAME ON BOARD.
Re: Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out by bilms(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mrs Abike Dabiri-erewa Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) / AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published / Attacked House Not Mahmood Yakubu's Property - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.