Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Short, Witty Quotes! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short, Witty Quotes! (232218 Views)

Short, Witty, Freestyle Poems / Life's Witty Inspirational Poem / Life's Witty Inspirational Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by violent(m): 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2008
No matter how far a man's urine can go, the last drop will still come back to his feet
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by TOYOSI20(f): 1:59am On Oct 19, 2008
that i so true
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by RuuDie(m): 2:33am On Oct 19, 2008
"On the eight day, he created BEER. . . . . . . "

grin grin grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by kommy27(f): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
ALL THE WORLD IS A STAGE, AND ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN ARE PLAYERS. -
As you like it grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by vini(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
for a greater cause, wrong doing is virtous

Cognito Ergo Sum (I think, Therefore I am)
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by princesa(f): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2008
pride goes befor a fall
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by meexteriox(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2008
Bird fly, butterfly fly, but no matter how a butterfly flutters its wing, it is not a bird.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by efetoma(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2008
''to aviod criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing'', Elbert Hubbard
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by spikedcylinder: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2008
"Rock music is how the devil gets into your genitals"
- My dear friend. grin grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by ravenzord(m): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
The good thing about bad things is dat dey always come 2 an end,the bad thing about good things is dat dey also do, (4gotten who said that)

War doesn't determine who's right,it only determines who's left, Bertrand Russell
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by Amelie: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2008
Why is it that when an adult has multiple personalities it's schizophrenia but when a child has an imaginary friend it's cute?

God gave men two brains, but not enough blood to use both at once.

Stealing from one author is called plagiarism, stealing from many is called research.

Any woman who says that you can't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to shop!

I do not fear death. To die is to dream for eternity.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by richpitt(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2008
"You cannot be a missionary if u are not a visionary,you cannot have a mission if u don't have a vision and ur mission would make ur vision clearer"
(Ibn Abayomi)
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by richpitt(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2008
Giving someone all your love Is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; Just wait for it to grow in their heart But if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, An hour to like someone, And a day to love someone, But it takes a lifetime to forget someone
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by richpitt(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2008
"Our purpose is to broaden the horizon of human intellectualization and to really make great men out of a great nation by creating in them a great mind"
(Ibn Abayomi)
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by violent(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2008
What is man? A potential maggot's food
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by tobikush1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2008
when you stop learning ,you start dieing.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by meexteriox(m): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
Failure is an event, never a person.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by mystics(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2008
God who created man will be defeating his purpose if he gave us through prayer, what we ought to obtain through hard work.

If twenties can do what fifties can do, why wait to till fifty
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by Gamine(f): 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2008
Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you, he really is an idiot. Groucho Marx

grin grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by sniperwolf(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2008
Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man tired of bleeping her
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by violent(m): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
People who have their names in the guiness book of records are ignorant of the word impossible
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by richpitt(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2008
No indulgence of passion destroys the spiritual nature so much as respectable selfishness. Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence.

Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by Sexyabby(f): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2008
The sh*t u heard about me might be true but then again it could be just as fake as the b*tch who told you

If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything

I'mout of control, I make mistakes but if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by Gamine(f): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2008
Change is inevitable except from vending machines. tongue
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by violent(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2008
The difference between love and lust is:

Love is about you.

Lust is about me.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by violent(m): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2008
1. Happiness is another term for inner peace.

2. One achieves inner peace through harmony between what one does and what one believes.

3. Thus while outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

4. This does not mean, however, that happiness is easy. It requires wisdom, discipline, and love.

5. Wisdom comes slowly, through the scrupulous pursuit of truth over time. Thus what one believes is never certain, but can always be sincere.

6. Discipline enables one to acquire habits in tune with one's beliefs. Behavior flows from character, which, like a mansion, is built of thousands of details, or acts, each judged not only for itself but for its contribution to the whole.

7. Love is the choice to open one's arms to life, enabling one to embrace imperfection. From it flow empathy, compassion, generosity, and acceptance. The opposite of love is fear.

8. To be happy, one must love oneself as well as others.

9. Because inner peace or harmony is never perfect, happiness is never achieved, and is always a question of more or less.

10. The inner and outer worlds are mirrors. How one shapes one's inner world through will shapes one's perception of the outer world. Thus an unhappy person is likely to perceive a world of lust, greed, and lies, whereas a happy one is likely to perceive a world of people struggling in the grip of love
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by kanayo74(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2008
blessed is he that expects nothing for he will never be diappointed.

Shit happens so get over it.

life is all about what you can make of it.

A friend is the one that is in when the whole world is out.

its not by how long you live that you say you ve acheived but what u do for the benefit of mankind

make use of your wisdom while u are alive, cos it is useless in the grave to u and all
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by DonEse125(f): 10:45am On Dec 06, 2008
"A peculiar proposition. Of no use to one,yet absolute bliss to two. The small boy gets it for nothing,the young man has to lie for it and the old man has to buy it. The baby's right,the lover's privilege,and the hypocrites mask. To a young girl,faith;to a married woman,hope;and to an old maid,charity."- V.P.I Skipper. It's kinda like a riddle. Can you figure it out?
P.s-its not love.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by ibnhasan: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2008
"The only battle in which you lie side by side with the enemy is marriage " grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by Ibime(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
Laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes it.
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by MaiSuya(m): 12:23am On Dec 25, 2008
unkind quotes. . . wink

'Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; you only gargled'

As a failure you are a great success'

Who picks your clothes, Stevie Wonder? grin
Re: Short, Witty Quotes! by beecrofty(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2008
**All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

**"If everything is under control, you are going too slow, if everything is out of control, you are going too fast, EVERYTHING MUST BE IN CONTROL"-moi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.