Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram (16928 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by dammytosh: 10:56am On Mar 21, 2013
Yes he will back anything to be relevant in 2015.

If na me nko ?....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Ekumazzy(m): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2013
H$LBroker:
GEJ said they are working with him, truly they are not ghost.
watch your mouth, do any know any of them, i there ur brothers. Idiot..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

These are old strategies. Most Yoruba families have Christians and Moslems as siblings/spouses you cannot start rancour among them with religion.

Lagos is a cosmopiltan state with most inhabitants lettered. I can assure you that if in 2015 the best Gov candidate still happens to be a Moslem they will vote him/her again.

You cannot force your religiuos beliefs on others.
I agree with your statement. I sometimes wonder how most family members get along even though they practice different faith. I is applaud able though but with the rise of global Islamic fanatics I hope this mutual respect for one another does not fade. A close friend of mine is a Yoruba Muslim and his elder sister is a Christian while her husband is a Muslim. Northerners should learn from this
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2013
Akson man: [size=13pt]Let all Nigerians know this:

The true intention of Boko Haram and their core Northern sponsors is to bring GEJ to the negotiating table where he agrees to drop his second term ambition and a Northern muslim takes over in 2015. Full stop.

Unfortunately,GEJ (through Obj) have realized that the existence of Boko Haram in the North is a blessing in disguise for his political ambitions.As the North remains divided- The Christian Northerners who constitute over 40% of the North's population will never vote for a core Northern muslim. In 2015,if GEJ gets block votes from the Christian middle-belt,South east,South-south and parts of the South-west,he wins.

The international powers led by the US and UK want Northerners to lead Nigeria because they see them as loyal while the more educated South are stubborn. The Petroleum Industry Bill and Local content law being pushed by Southern Nigeria is one of the numerous reasons they want a reversal of Nigeria's power structure in favour of the core North.

But the truth is that as it is now,the core North is suicidal,thanks to their leaders who just cannot mobilize majority of their citizens into embracing education and modernity.

God help us.[/size]
I hate to say this but you are absolutely right. The Brit are the ones pushing for the change of power

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by BlackBaron: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2013
So many dumb leaders in this country.

Any sort of amnesty is a slap in the face of Boko Haram victims.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Costa2000(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Amnesty my foot
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by tomakint: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2013
In trying to be politically relevant, Tinubu goofed big time on his insidious-laden advise! undecided The truth is boko haram is not a millitant group with intents and purposes as seen in the Niger Delta group but they are a terrorist group that needs to be exterminated out of the country. Jonathan need not and must not negotiate with boko harams! Tinubu should go and sit down!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TechRev: 11:27am On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu should lead the way by offering his virgin sisters and daughters to them so the Bokoharam guys wont have to do suicide bombing to get virgins. If you can lead the way to go to maiduguri, lead the way by offering them your virgins here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by omonnakoda: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2013
tomakint: In trying to be politically relevant, Tinubu goofed big time on his insidious-laden advise advice! undecided The truth is boko haram is not a millitant group with intents and purposes as seen in the Niger Delta group but they are a terrorist group that needs to be exterminated out of the country. Jonathan need not and must not negotiate with boko harams! Tinubu should go and sit down!
You are right Tinubu goofed but please learn how to speak English and avoid words you don't understand. It only makes you look stupid.To be "laden" with a thing anything that thing must be a noun which insidious is not.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by erniewhez(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2013
hw do u compare someone fighting a just course (conpensation for degrade d environ)to someone fighting an unjust (islamization of a secular country). regardless hw they fight for it, d delta boys are right while bh is wrong. also wld u xpect opposition party to speak in favour of GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2013

The true intention of Boko Haram and their core Northern sponsors is to bring GEJ to the negotiating table where he agrees to drop his second term ambition and a Northern muslim takes over in 2015. Full stop.

Unfortunately,GEJ (through Obj) have realized that the existence of Boko Haram in the North is a blessing in disguise for his political ambitions.As the North remains divided- The Christian Northerners who constitute over 40% of the North's population will never vote for a core Northern muslim. In 2015,if GEJ gets block votes from the Christian middle-belt,South east,South-south and parts of the South-west,he wins.

The international powers led by the US and UK want Northerners to lead Nigeria because they see them as loyal while the more educated South are stubborn. The Petroleum Industry Bill and Local content law being pushed by Southern Nigeria is one of the numerous reasons they want a reversal of Nigeria's power structure in favour of the core North.

But the truth is that as it is now,the core North is suicidal,thanks to their leaders who just cannot mobilize majority of their citizens into embracing education and modernity.

God help us.[/size]

Not everyone will agree with your theories. BH started rearing their ugly heads under Yaradua but they were quickly and effectively silenced. Unfortunately, the circumstances of emergence of Goodluck as the President after the demise of Yaradua gave many Northern politians the opportunity to perpetrate evils using BH.

There is no doubt that the GEJ-led Governmnet is being tactically sabotaged by some agriefed politicians using BH and others but the most dis-hearthening news is the gross incompetency, utter insensitivity and absolute directionlessness being demonstrated by President Jonathan on daily basis.

My man your calculation makes 2015 seem so easy for GEJ/PDP using religion as the weapon. Please 2015 will be different from 2011 Presidential election if the same candidates are presented. The factors that aided GEJ victory in 2011 have been eroded, in fact it is becoming increasingly difficult for GEJ/PDP to win a free and fair Presidential election in 2015.

* In 2011 Northern Govs stood behind GEJ to win the PDP primaries and general elections today only a couple of them openly support him and others are his sworn enemies
* In 2011 Buhari/CPC had no representatives in the SS and SE to monitor election proceedings hence rediculous results were returned from all the states in these zones but today not only that Buhari/APC may have strong loyalists to prevent uncontrolled vote padding but it is not unlike for some PDP Govs in this zone to sacrifice GEJ for Unity and Peace of Nigeria.
* Again may I remind you that in 2011 the total registered voters in the NW is more than the entire SS and SE put together.
* Coming to SW religion is less a factor when they vote. Talking about GEJ/PDP chances in 2011 it was purely sentimental. They voted for him because he had no shoes, he is from ND, ha has a PhD, he seems humble and he is ''Goodluck''. Today the SW/PDP are not happy with him, the SW/ACN are still strong and the common people have been dissapointed by many of his actions.

So where are the votes going to come from?. My brother if these trends continue and GEJ/PDP manage to claim victory then you and I need to start planning how to survive th post-election incidents. It is not a rocket science to see trouble is looming.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by henrysam(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2013
I don't really know what this argument is all about. When OBJ was on throne he refused to grant amnesty to the militant in Niger Delta he even levelled Odi down in Balyesa. Fortunately for them Yar adua came and granted amnesty. Let us wait for 2015 and see if the new president will grant amnesty to Boko Haram, my only fear and pain is innocent citizens that must have been killed before then.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by omonnakoda: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2013
According to that logic we have a problem with Boko haram because there is no amnesty? Once we give them amnesty We don't have to address their grievances?
The real question is; Is there ANY WAY we can accept SHARIA NIGERIA ? IS THERE ANY NEGOTIATION FOR THAT?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Is Tinubu in charge of the intelligence and security apparatus of the Nigerian federation.

Obj was the first to advise this man on the carrot and stick principle of tackling such internal insurgency ..but he was shouted down...now the NASS and most senior and experienced citizens are calling for change of tactics that presently involves mainly armed confrontation.

Honestly the people handling GEJ are really messing up the man.

Why is the man so adamant in destroying a part of the country with his manner of approach to such security challenge?
GEJ is not interested in one nigeria. Bokoharam will continue until nigeria divides. christian minorities in north will share the same fate as christians in arab countries.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by iconaus: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2013
H$LBroker:
GEJ said they are working with him, truly they are not ghost.

You re dumb. people who re involved do not want to come out in the open though intelligence have an idea of the people involved that what they presidency means

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by tomakint: 11:50am On Mar 21, 2013
omonnakoda:
You are right Tinubu goofed but please learn how to speak English and avoid words you don't understand. It only makes you look stupid.To be "laden" with a thing anything that thing must be a noun which insidious is not.
thanks my English teacher undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by saintohia: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2013

I'm not surprise a bit. Tinubu is Muslim and part of a syndicate that wants power returned to the North by all means to position SW to take over from the North, hence APC. This is for the status quo to continue.

The issue is not if Boko Haram is ghost or not, since Tinubu, Sultan and other Muslims / Northern leaders know them, they should tell Nigerians who they are and their fellow sponsors by making it public through a national daily.

The bigger question still remains, if amnesty should be granted to Boko Haram, what would be given ( granted ) to the families of those killed?

Can Tiinubu, Sultan or any other Boko Haram sponsor ( or sympathizer ) bring back a single dead person to life?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by eggheaders(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2013
until we see the boko haram issue as a nigerian problem.and not a northern,southern or muslim and christain problem then there is no solution in sight.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Balkan(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
The south east and south south should understand the politics of BH. What this funny looking Tinubu is talking is trash. Its obvious that Yorubas think that it's only the Igbos that are affected in this BH insurgency. Going by what Tinubu is saying, we should give armed robbers and kidnappers amnesty because the are not spirit the are everywhere. Well what goes around comes around. Yourubas should go and find out the number of Yorubas that died in that bus terminal attack. Two of the bus where Lagos bound.

He is saying this because he is a muslim. He has said that non Muslim will never rull Lagos State. We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by tomakint: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders: until we see the boko haram issue as a nigerian problem.and not a northern,southern or muslim and christain problem then there is no solution in sight.
ok airhead cool cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by omonnakoda: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
tomakint:
thanks my English teacher undecided
I am not your English teacher. Your English is too bad for you to be my student
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by saintohia: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders: until we see the boko haram issue as a nigerian problem.and not a northern,southern or muslim and christain problem then there is no solution in sight.

^^^^^^

Still, that's not say or support that amnesty should be granted to Boko Haram for killing innocent people.

What should be granted those that lost their family members to Boko Haram?

What is Boko Haram fighting for?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2013

God help us.[/size]

Your theory could hold water 2 years ago. Today, the problem has become more complex. Part of the problem is foreign-aggravated by fundamentalists in northern africa. Before Bin Laden was taken out, he reportedly asked his followers to target Algeria, Mali and Nigeria. That was videoed. Our leaders were sleeping that time and they woke up too late in the day. You can see the footmarks of terrorists in all that is happening. They kill both christians and muslims, both southerners and northerners, though certainly more soutthern christians have been killed. There is a political angle, and there is of course a terrorist agenda at play.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by gratiaeo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

Not everyone will agree with your theories. BH started rearing their ugly heads under Yaradua but they were quickly and effectively silenced. Unfortunately, the circumstances of emergence of Goodluck as the President after the demise of Yaradua gave many Northern politians the opportunity to perpetrate evils using BH.

There is no doubt that the GEJ-led Governmnet is being tactically sabotaged by some agriefed politicians using BH and others but the most dis-hearthening news is the gross incompetency, utter insensitivity and absolute directionlessness being demonstrated by President Jonathan on daily basis.

My man your calculation makes 2015 seem so easy for GEJ/PDP using religion as the weapon. Please 2015 will be different from 2011 Presidential election if the same candidates are presented. The factors that aided GEJ victory in 2011 have been eroded, in fact it is becoming increasingly difficult for GEJ/PDP to win a free and fair Presidential election in 2015.

* In 2011 Northern Govs stood behind GEJ to win the PDP primaries and general elections today only a couple of them openly support him and others are his sworn enemies
* In 2011 Buhari/CPC had no representatives in the SS and SE to monitor election proceedings hence rediculous results were returned from all the states in these zones but today not only that Buhari/APC may have strong loyalists to prevent uncontrolled vote padding but it is not unlike for some PDP Govs in this zone to sacrifice GEJ for Unity and Peace of Nigeria.
* Again may I remind you that in 2011 the total registered voters in the NW is more than the entire SS and SE put together.
* Coming to SW religion is less a factor when they vote. Talking about GEJ/PDP chances in 2011 it was purely sentimental. They voted for him because he had no shoes, he is from ND, ha has a PhD, he seems humble and he is ''Goodluck''. Today the SW/PDP are not happy with him, the SW/ACN are still strong and the common people have been dissapointed by many of his actions.

So where are the votes going to come from?. My brother if these trends continue and GEJ/PDP manage to claim victory then you and I need to start planning how to survive th post-election incidents. It is not a rocket science to see trouble is looming.
Go siddon on top of sh*it..... Fool you are, Northern PDP will never vote Buhari in case if you don't know. Imagine your analogy?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by emmasege: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
what do u expect from a descendant of Ishmael?. Can anyone think of a part of the world where Islamic Jihad is being promoted and is at peace within and without her borders. BH has become a global terrorist group, which in my own opinion will take a divine intervention to check, just like it's been difficult to subdue al-quaeda over the years.Here what the Angel of God said concerning Ishmael even b4 he was born "He shall be a wild man; his hand shall be against every man; and every man's hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren". Thousands of years down the line, Ishmaelites still confirm that the word of God is eternally true. Until the whole world comes to the realize that Islam is synonymous with terrorism, there may be no peace. wars within and without are signs of the end time. Maranatha!!!!!!- The Lord (Jesus) cometh!!!!!!!. TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by gratiaeo(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^^

Still, that's not say or support that amnesty should be granted to Boko Haram for killing innocent people.

What should be granted those that lost their family members to Boko Haram?

What is Boko Haram fighting for?

You should have know that eggheader is an animal

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by gratiaeo(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
and i quote: "WE MUST USE THE MINORITY IN THE NORTH AS WILLING TOOLS AND THE SOUTH AS CONQUERED TERRORIES AND ALLOW THEM RULE OVER US OR HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR FUTURE"
{Sir Almadu Bello 12 Oct 1960}
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
x
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Comparing the religious and ethnic cleansing being carried out by Boko Haram through the selectively killing of a section of our civilian population in the North with the Niger-Delta insurgency, is both irrational and morally reprehensible, in my opinion.

I have to ask if any of those in favour of amnesty for this extremist group have taken time out to study its specific aims and objectives, before proffering a prescription clearly borne of political expediency.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by achi4u(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Laalamed:
GEJ is not interested in one nigeria. Bokoharam will continue until nigeria divides. christian minorities in north will share the same fate as christians in arab countries.
Another fearful theory.

God see them through.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by nwabumalyahoo: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
TERRORIST ALWAYS SUPPORT TERRORISTS

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu is not well-lettered. He said we should give 'Amnesty to Innocent ones' and 'punish the terrorists'. Is there anything like giving Amnesty to innocent ? Does he really know the definition of Amnesty ? I would have been shocked if Tinubu spoke intelligently, I am not disappointed in his naivety of definitions. I already knew he is not lettered.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. / Samuel Ogundipe: Real Reasons IGP Idris Is After PREMIUM TIMES Journalist / Work Begins On Owo-Akungba Road, Ondo, Aftermath of Social Media Outburst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.