Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 (12402 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by otokx(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2013
The painful part is the bills which remain the same like as if there is constant light. A grand fraud being carried out on the ever suffering & smilling Nigerian masses.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Ama28(f): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2013
How come I am seeing the word " government, government" everywhere in Mr Jonathan's response.
He is addressing the government as himself alone and not including Nigerians.
I thought democracy is government for the people and by the people?

Regarding his promises, he has recorded more failures than achievement in this government.
He has loop holes in almost all sectors of governing.
His anti corruption strategies are zero. He might say he prosecuted corrupt officers but created avenue for more corruption
He has no control on the dealings in the oil sector
His employment strategy is super zero!
Civil servants serving under him are worse thieves than politicians
He is a source of embarrassment to Nigerians and Nigeria at large!
Need I mention our security situation and the fact that we now dines with terrorist?

Please Mr Jonathan your list of failures are endless, dust your tradition etibo and get ready to leave!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by okenwa101(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2013
THIS IS GINGLE BELL STORY, when solar panels get cheaper we shall pull down all the poles...........nonsense

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 10:56am On Mar 22, 2013
tomakint:
Compare and contrast power supply to the country during Obj's time and Jonathan then get back to me!
I've been in the country just 6 days now.
I buy 25 litres of petrol for my generator everyday.
I think it's a no-brainer concerning this matter.
Also, realize if GEJ had come out from the outset to tell us what was workable perhaps he could be believed.
But no, here he is again running his mouth.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2013
whirlwind7: Pity no one takes this joker of a president seriously anymore. He'd lost his credibility a long time ago.
Only clueless suckers gave him credibility in the first place. I hope yall are sharing in his "goodluck" now. Be patient, his luck will shine through in the end and you'll all smile again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by omeiz93: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2013
When the only consistent things about him is lies, what do you want him to called, was he not d same man that told us in 2012 that, by june of d same year that there would be no more bombing?, october 1st bombing, when it was clear that it was perpetrated by okah nd d rest he said it categorically that they were not d one. Let him continue fooling himself and some of you on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by IYANGBALI: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2013
idupaul: I am really ashamed I voted this liar ...Jonathan does not have the will or ability to fix anything ..he is part of the convenant that has vowed to leave Nigeria in darkness... This is the Electricity that had improved by almost 40percent when Barth Nnaji was there at the rate NNaji was working Nigerias power problem would have been a thing of the past now but NO wicked Jonathan sent him away so darkness can return ..Nw we are back to 1999 power ratings
you mean you voted for him?what a waste of vote?now you know better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by TableLeg(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: He should power up his brain first
grin
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Papidinho: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2013
Same old story. We r tired of hearing d same story over and over again
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by 1800bc(f): 11:14am On Mar 22, 2013
I thought it was mid 2013 before na!
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Boss13: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2013
If I were Jonathan I will break the back to ensure power is stable and will also not contest for 2015 presidential election even if the people suggest I do. Then the history books will forever remember.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2013
I .
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Pataki: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2013
Actually Jonathan is right on this one.

Noting that elections are slated for 2015: it is most imperative and logical to have stable and steady supply of power months before the election.

1. The Nigerian electorates would easily forget their woes and travails, and quite easily forgive Jonathan for all his previous national blunders.

2. This would be used as an election campaign strategy: if Jonathan could have achieved stable power supply, imagine what he could do for the next coming four years.

Unfortunately for Jonathan, the Nigerian electorate are fully frustrated with the PDP government. Nothing this government does can now change the mindset of most Nigerians from operation kickout PDP!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Uziehot(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2013
Jonathan is a coc.ksuc.king liar. I wonder y some local pipo chose to support him and insult nairalanders dat tells d truth? I'm waitin.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Lilimax(f): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2013
rainbowman: I don't normally comment on this trend but its becoming alarming the way we have chosen to rain all manners of abuses upon our President. Firstly, there is this erroneous impression that the President has not done anything, however, for the first time in a long time we have inter-state rail transport, while some of you would say you want electric bullet trains without asking previous leaders why not an inch was added to the railway lines since independence till date. We have 15 of our airports being upgraded at the same time, this is no mean feat, I work for an international organization where it has taken 3 years just to build one mini terminal without hope of conclusion yet in sight. We have seen reforms in the agricultural sector. I have seen deliberate moves geared at reforming our power sector through privatisation, construction of IPPs and renovation of downed power stations. I have seen construction works on so many roads that were hitherto abandoned. I agree that the President may not be our version of President Palmer of the 24 series but he is working and yet a lot of Nigerians do not respect that. Its a shame really. As for the BH phenomenan, its a shame really but I can say the President is dealing with it in line with global best practices, do you expect to negotiate with terrorist, I can tell you that I have experience BH first hand and there is nothing political about what they hope to achieve, these guys are terrorists and their only objective is to die fighting. P/s monitor the world news during a BH major attack and note the similarities with other attacks worldwide. Nuff said
^ I have never and will never support people reigning abuse and curses on our president. It is an offence against God because there is no authority that exist except being instituted by God. It is true that Jonathan is slow in achieving some of his policies. We want him to stabilize power first as this will bring about rapid development. He should deal with all these generator set importers and cabbals first before talking of steady power supply..
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by SEGAD: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2013
shiftbutton: Maybe its my ears sometimes, but I though i have heard 1999 before which was changed to 2003 and has been changing since then. I though the same administration said Dec 2012. Oh election is 2015 so they want us to stop thinking while they hoodwink us.

That's PDP method, I remember Obasanjo promised December 2000 and cajole us by appointing Bola Ige. May God save us from PDP.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 11:42am On Mar 22, 2013
idupaul: I am really ashamed I voted this liar ...Jonathan does not have the will or ability to fix anything ..he is part of the convenant that has vowed to leave Nigeria in darkness... This is the Electricity that had improved by almost 40percent when Barth Nnaji was there at the rate NNaji was working Nigerias power problem would have been a thing of the past now but NO wicked Jonathan sent him away so darkness can renturn ..Nw we are back to 1999 power ratings

My friend, stop barking and use your brain for once. Who brought in Bart NNaji? And why did part Bart tender his resignation later on? Or have you forgotten that his own company played an active role in the privatisation of our DISCOs, hence his decision to resign for the sake of transparency and fairness? And do you know that his singular act of resignation boosted the confidence of other investors in our power sector.

Please always ensure that you get your facts straight before you come here and spew rubbish. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Ellashow: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2013
Table Leg :
Not surprised at all, no be GEJ? hahaha ..... Fu...cking dunce... Daft and diwwitted Otueke fisherman
Your days in Aso Rock are numbered .... You are going to be disgraced out!

Not by us but by the God Almighty before 2015 along with his 1billion cassava Family just like Abacha
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ddeola: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
Jona, U better talk wetin U dey do now and stop all these nonesense. Who is asking U about 2014?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by newacca: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
grin grin Na today? angry angry
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by victokafor(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2013
lets keep watching our Oga at the top making promises.... VISION 2000!!!, VISION 2010!!! VISION 2020!!! VISION 2050!!! THE VISIONS KEEP INCREASING WITH NO REALITY... PDP VISION NETWORK INC... All their visions na season film..u cant watch it all....
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by UyiIredia(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
Alas ! Another broken promise.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
rainbowman: I don't normally comment on this trend but its becoming alarming the way we have chosen to rain all manners of abuses upon our President. Firstly, there is this erroneous impression that the President has not done anything, however, for the first time in a long time we have inter-state rail transport, while some of you would say you want electric bullet trains without asking previous leaders why not an inch was added to the railway lines since independence till date. We have 15 of our airports being upgraded at the same time, this is no mean feat, I work for an international organization where it has taken 3 years just to build one mini terminal without hope of conclusion yet in sight. We have seen reforms in the agricultural sector. I have seen deliberate moves geared at reforming our power sector through privatisation, construction of IPPs and renovation of downed power stations. I have seen construction works on so many roads that were hitherto abandoned. I agree that the President may not be our version of President Palmer of the 24 series but he is working and yet a lot of Nigerians do not respect that. Its a shame really. As for the BH phenomenan, its a shame really but I can say the President is dealing with it in line with global best practices, do you expect to negotiate with terrorist, I can tell you that I have experience BH first hand and there is nothing political about what they hope to achieve, these guys are terrorists and their only objective is to die fighting. P/s monitor the world news during a BH major attack and note the similarities with other attacks worldwide. Nuff said

God bless you my brother. And don't mind these ignorant buffoons on this thread who rain insults on the president without getting their damn facts straight. And I'm pretty sure most of them haven't gone past the boundary of Lagos, yet they run their mouths like a chronic case of dysentery.

I live the so-called restive North-East and the South-South, and I'm always on the road at least once a month. So I can categorically tell you that there has been lots of improvements under GEJ's watch. On a normal day, I enjoy 22+ hrs of light in Jalingo, some days 24hrs straight. And I pay way less for utilities, thanks to the prepaid meters introduced. Down in PHC (Ada George area) it's not so good because my house is connected to the State's distribution line, but EVERYONE connected to the Federal lines enjoys way more hours of light. That's why I'm trying so hard to cut over to the later.

Wrt to our once delapidated road network, you only have to travel out to see the work actively going on now. FERMA's actively repairing tge Jalingo-YOLA road, the dreaded Okigwe-Umuahia road, while CCEC have done a splendid job fixing the roa that connects Abakiliki to Ogoja, and work is still ongoing. In Benue, the roads through Otukpo now has a brand new look, unlike its previous state a few years ago. And a drive through Ikom-Ugep to Calabar (Cross River) will convince you that GEJ's administration is truly working as PW construction coy has done a splendid work. Overall, GEJ scores high on transportation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Power supply is improving in many parts of the country but personally, I doubt the possibility of attaining 24hrs power supply by mid 2014. Even if we attain 15,000megawatts by then, it will still be insufficient to provide SUSTAINABLE 24hrs power supply. The only guarantee is that as more work is being done in the sector, power supply will continue to improve.

Nonetheless, the haters should note that their master, Buhari, promised to stabilise power by 2019 if he was elected president in 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/1166955/buhari-intended-stabilize-electric-power

Therefore, any plan by the incumbent that delivers stable power supply earlier than 2019, is obviously SUPERIOR to the plan Buhari intended to implement in 2011.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
When someone consistently lies what should we call him?

Goodluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

God bless you my brother. And don't mind these ignorant buffoons on this thread who rain insults on the president without getting their damn facts straight. And I'm pretty sure most of them haven't gone past the boundary of Lagos, yet they run their mouths like a chronic case of dysentery.

I live the so-called restive North-East and the South-South, and I'm always on the road at least once a month. So I can categorically tell you that there has been lots of improvements under GEJ's watch. On a normal day, I enjoy 22+ hrs of light in Jalingo, some days 24hrs straight. And I pay way less for utilities, thanks to the prepaid meters introduced. Down in PHC (Ada George area) it's not so good because my house is connected to the State's distribution line, but EVERYONE connected to the Federal lines enjoys way more hours of light. That's why I'm trying so hard to cut over to the later.

Wrt to our once delapidated road network, you only have to travel out to see the work actively going on now. FERMA's actively repairing tge Jalingo-YOLA road, the dreaded Okigwe-Umuahia road, while CCEC have done a splendid job fixing the roa that connects Abakiliki to Ogoja, and work is still ongoing. In Benue, the roads through Otukpo now has a brand new look, unlike its previous state a few years ago. And a drive through Ikom-Ugep to Calabar (Cross River) will convince you that GEJ's administration is truly working as PW construction coy has done a splendid work. Overall, GEJ scores high on transportation.
Since when did Taraba become North-East?
Easy with the exaggeration and insults, they could harm your argument.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Toktee(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
otokx: The painful part is the bills which remain the same like as if there is constant light. A grand fraud being carried out on the ever suffering & smilling Nigerian masses.
Guy d thing iz very annoying,wether you hav light or not your bill remain the same,i wonder why consumer protection are not doing their job.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by dioman: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
OBJ worked on PHCN 4 8yrs without result, Lets gv GEJ a chance. he has stabilize the petroleum sector.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by goshen26: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Campaign things na ni, 2015 is near. Lol
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by dlox147(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
When someone consistently lies what should we call him?
bro for the past two months, we have had uninterrupted power supply in my area(eagle island in PH) so tell me, who is the liar?
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
kalunomics: seriously, and I've had power for those 5days, though not steady, at douglas/aba road owerri? Please confirm if its transformer related issues before making such post

My friend stop giving us that Insincere9gerian line.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by iluvtotodie(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Guess what. Some group of angry youths in my area, who were not satisfied with the 30mins power supply every 3, 3days after which an outrageous bill will be brought for them to pay & after 3days of bringing the bill, the nepa guys would come with their ladders to disconnect their wires & take them away gathered themselves together numbering about 100 or more, went to Phcn office, beat the hell outta the staffs, anybody they see there paying their bills were also included in the beating. The ogas also had their share of the thorough beating. The securities were not left out. Their properties & cars were badly damaged. Come see cry for nepa office dat day. 5hrs of beating those nepa people. After the youths were done, they left & guess wat ? Few days later, their transformer went missing. Abeg, na who steal am ? They are planning to go over there to kill them this time around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch / Presidency Reverses Okoi Obono-Obla's Suspension / Action Alliance Adopts Atiku As Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.