Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 (12397 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
i luv to.to die:
Guess what. Some group of angry youths in my area, who were not satisfied with the 30mins power supply every 3, 3days after which an outrageous bill will be brought for them to pay & after 3days of bringing the bill, the nepa guys would come with their ladders to disconnect their wires & take them away gathered themselves together numbering about 100 or more, went to Phcn office, beat the hell outta the staffs, anybody they see there paying their bills were also included in the beating. The ogas also had their share of the thorough beating. The securities were not left out. Their properties & cars were badly damaged. Come see cry for nepa office dat day. 5hrs of beating those nepa people. After the youths were done, they left & guess wat ? Few days later, their transformer went missing. Abeg, na who steal am ? They are planning to go over there to kill them this time around.
This story is incomplete without location, time of incident and a bit more info.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
dlox147: bro foro the past two months, we have had uninterrupted power supply in my area(eagle island in PH) so tell me, who is the liar?
Even a broken clock gets to be right twice daily.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by pampy: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
I think the country is at its worst state ever. Coupled with in incompetent in Abuja, there is little chance for survival. Every man for himself.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by olenyi: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by iluvtotodie(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
This story is incomplete without location, time of incident and a bit more info.
Location: Aboru area in lagos. The new nepa office @ samson street. Aboru. Go there & find ouat.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by dlox147(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
rainbowman: I don't normally comment on this trend but its becoming alarming the way we have chosen to rain all manners of abuses upon our President. Firstly, there is this erroneous impression that the President has not done anything, however, for the first time in a long time we have inter-state rail transport, while some of you would say you want electric bullet trains without asking previous leaders why not an inch was added to the railway lines since independence till date. We have 15 of our airports being upgraded at the same time, this is no mean feat, I work for an international organization where it has taken 3 years just to build one mini terminal without hope of conclusion yet in sight. We have seen reforms in the agricultural sector. I have seen deliberate moves geared at reforming our power sector through privatisation, construction of IPPs and renovation of downed power stations. I have seen construction works on so many roads that were hitherto abandoned. I agree that the President may not be our version of President Palmer of the 24 series but he is working and yet a lot of Nigerians do not respect that. Its a shame really. As for the BH phenomenan, its a shame really but I can say the President is dealing with it in line with global best practices, do you expect to negotiate with terrorist, I can tell you that I have experience BH first hand and there is nothing political about what they hope to achieve, these guys are terrorists and their only objective is to die fighting. P/s monitor the world news during a BH major attack and note the similarities with other attacks worldwide. Nuff said
Thanks bro, i think NL have been taking over by kids, who speak with there hearts rather than speak with there brains.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Parisbee5(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Well, I have some feelings that GEJ means well for this country, but he's been choked up by some evil machinators around him in the name of advisers and party members. On the other hand, these politicians understands nigerians too well. Just make empty promises, nobody cares if fulfilled or not. Lessons here, speak against any bad governance through your VOTE. This nation belongs to all of us. God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by lekanwj(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mtweeeeeeeee. Please next page don't have time for this mistake

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by barrybanbi: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
tomakint:
May you live long, may you walk and never stumble, indeed, you have spoken like an Oracle! God bless you!
drunkard, u don take kaikai dis early morning... First class mumu go get life

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
Since when did Taraba become North-East?
Easy with the exaggeration and insults, they could harm your argument.

So, which geopolitical region is Taraba situated?
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

So, which geopolitical region is Taraba situated?
It's in the middle-belt.
Surely, even you know that.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

God bless you my brother. And don't mind these ignorant buffoons on this thread who rain insults on the president without getting their damn facts straight. And I'm pretty sure most of them haven't gone past the boundary of Lagos, yet they run their mouths like a chronic case of dysentery.

I live the so-called restive North-East and the South-South, and I'm always on the road at least once a month. So I can categorically tell you that there has been lots of improvements under GEJ's watch. On a normal day, I enjoy 22+ hrs of light in Jalingo, some days 24hrs straight. And I pay way less for utilities, thanks to the prepaid meters introduced. Down in PHC (Ada George area) it's not so good because my house is connected to the State's distribution line, but EVERYONE connected to the Federal lines enjoys way more hours of light. That's why I'm trying so hard to cut over to the later.

Wrt to our once delapidated road network, you only have to travel out to see the work actively going on now. FERMA's actively repairing tge Jalingo-YOLA road, the dreaded Okigwe-Umuahia road, while CCEC have done a splendid job fixing the roa that connects Abakiliki to Ogoja, and work is still ongoing. In Benue, the roads through Otukpo now has a brand new look, unlike its previous state a few years ago. And a drive through Ikom-Ugep to Calabar (Cross River) will convince you that GEJ's administration is truly working as PW construction coy has done a splendid work. Overall, GEJ scores high on transportation.
The day you take out some time to trace of some of the HATERS usernames back to 2011 and discover the CONSISTENCY in their hateful, cursing and abusive comments, you'll stop bothering yourself about their comments. The haters have thrown EVERY iota of objectivity and realism to the dogs.

In addition, many of the HATERS have multiple usernames to support their ineffective propaganda.

These HATERS are losers. They lost in the last elections and they'll lose again come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

God bless you my brother. And don't mind these ignorant buffoons on this thread who rain insults on the president without getting their damn facts straight. And I'm pretty sure most of them haven't gone past the boundary of Lagos, yet they run their mouths like a chronic case of dysentery.

I live the so-called restive North-East and the South-South, and I'm always on the road at least once a month. So I can categorically tell you that there has been lots of improvements under GEJ's watch. On a normal day, I enjoy 22+ hrs of light in Jalingo, some days 24hrs straight. And I pay way less for utilities, thanks to the prepaid meters introduced. Down in PHC (Ada George area) it's not so good because my house is connected to the State's distribution line, but EVERYONE connected to the Federal lines enjoys way more hours of light. That's why I'm trying so hard to cut over to the later.

Wrt to our once delapidated road network, you only have to travel out to see the work actively going on now. FERMA's actively repairing tge Jalingo-YOLA road, the dreaded Okigwe-Umuahia road, while CCEC have done a splendid job fixing the roa that connects Abakiliki to Ogoja, and work is still ongoing. In Benue, the roads through Otukpo now has a brand new look, unlike its previous state a few years ago. And a drive through Ikom-Ugep to Calabar (Cross River) will convince you that GEJ's administration is truly working as PW construction coy has done a splendid work. Overall, GEJ scores high on transportation.
The day you take out some time to trace of some of the HATERS usernames back to 2011 and discover the CONSISTENCY in their hateful, cursing and abusive comments, you'll stop bothering yourself about their comments. I mean, these are the same guys that LOST in the 2011 elections. The bitterness and frustrations of losing an election is what the haters are letting out through abuses, insults and name calling. The haters have thrown EVERY iota of objectivity and realism to the dogs.

In addition, many of the HATERS have multiple usernames to support their ineffective propaganda.

These HATERS are losers. They lost in the last elections and they'll lose again come 2015.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
Since when did Taraba become North-East?
Easy with the exaggeration and insults, they could harm your argument.

And please point out out those "exaggerations" in my post. Go on.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ojj(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
tales by moon light angry
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:
It's in the middle-belt.
Surely, even you know that.

LOL! Oh boy....bros, Taraba state falls under the North-East region, NOT the North-Central/Middlebelt region. Please get your fact straight (google is your friend) cheesy
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by deletrue: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
i luv to.to die:

Location: Aboru area in lagos. The new nepa office @ samson street. Aboru. Go there & find ouat.
Thank you. May the spirit of lie continue to remain in you. Amen. You can't comply with what the simply question requires. What about the time and the date? Was there this sunday to greet a newly weded couple. Precisely about a pole to the phcn office. So, tell us the month because deffinently not this month.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The day you take out some time to trace of some of the HATERS usernames back to 2011 and discover the CONSISTENCY in their hateful, cursing and abusive comments, you'll stop bothering yourself about their comments. The haters have thrown EVERY iota of objectivity and realism to the dogs.

Well the point is the people have been promised by PDP that there would be power this is the 14th year of rule and very much counting.

The President has been in power about 4 years as De Facto head and one could say number he's been the first or second citizen for 8 years.

Please, provision of electricity does not require miracles.

There's no guarantee the next party or head would solve the problem, but this one has proven he can't and won't.

So, off with him come 2015 (could be earlier).

In democracy people have the right to voice their disdain for poor governance.

So let the people sing.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Panter215: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
kalunomics: seriously, and I've had power for those 5days, though not steady, at douglas/aba road owerri? Please confirm if its transformer related issues before making such post
My guy, does it matter if it is transformer problem or not. The fact is that the guy saw light last 5 days ago. Is it no more government responsible to fix transformers or so the guy needs to go look at all the problem of power distribution.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

LOL! Oh boy....bros, Taraba state falls under the North-East region, NOT the North-Central/Middlebelt region. Please get your fact straight (google is your friend) cheesy

I see, the wonder of geo-politics (perhaps, you are right on that one).

But not in terms of geographic location.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Panter215:
My guy, does it matter if it is transformer problem or not. The fact is that the guy saw light last 5 days ago. Is it no more government responsible to fix transformers or so the guy needs to go look at all the problem of power distribution.
Believe me, you spoke my mind.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by gbagyiza: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
am begging dis man to allow us rest.he has fail.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by awodman: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
I thought when ABATI said most Nigerians are suffering from sophiscated ignorance that he was wrong..but reading through the comments on this thread I can't but agree with him...probably most ave not even taken time to know what the power sector reforms is all about and the successes recorded so far in its implementation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Panter215:

Of course it matters if there's a problem with his distribution transformer, cos he'll still remain in total darkness even if power generated reaches 100,000MW with zero issues on transmission.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:

I see, the wonder of geo-politics (perhaps, you are right on that one).

But not in terms of geographic location.

OK I get your point. Looking at Taraba on the Nigerian map, it's actually on the same latitude as NC states like Nasarawa and the FCT. But geopolitical-wise, it falls under the NE.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
awodman: I thought when ABATI said most Nigerians are suffering from sophiscated ignorance that he was wrong..but reading through the comments on this thread I can't but agree with him...probably most ave not even taken time to know what the power sector reforms is all about and the successes recorded so far in its implementation.

Reforms are not worth the paper they are printed on until implementation is witnessed.

The People have been taken for a ride for too long, so, yes Abati can insult them because he is a voluble garbler.

It doesn't change the fact that change has not been witnessed.
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
ocelot2006:

OK I get your point. Looking at Taraba on the Nigerian map, it's actually on the same latitude as NC states like Nasarawa and the FCT. But geopolitical-wise, it falls under the NE.
I would gladly shake the hand of a mature person.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by peace3: 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
idupaul: I am really ashamed I voted this liar ...Jonathan does not have the will or ability to fix anything ..he is part of the convenant that has vowed to leave Nigeria in darkness... This is the Electricity that had improved by almost 40percent when Barth Nnaji was there at the rate NNaji was working Nigerias power problem would have been a thing of the past now but NO wicked Jonathan sent him away so darkness can return ..Nw we are back to 1999 power ratings
My friend,please Barth Nnaji did nothing.If Labaran Makun is appointed power minister between May and December,he will perform due to water levels @Shiroro,kainji and Jebba.Let us get this once and for all.How is power situation across naija now?These people are liars and we should know this by now.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by WaleLeemson: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
same old shit. GEJ go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by sobastical: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Really?? Abeg make una go service una generator well ooo, cos dis one wey dem dey promise na constant blackout e go result to ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
rusher14:

Well the point is the people have been promised by PDP that there would be power this is the 14th year of rule and very much counting.

The President has been in power about 4 years as De Facto head and one could say number he's been the first or second citizen for 8 years.

Please, provision of electricity does not require miracles.

There's no guarantee the next party or head would solve the problem, but this one has proven he can't and won't.

So, off with him come 2015 (could be earlier).

In democracy people have the right to voice their disdain for poor governance.

So let the people sing.
"but this one has proven he can't and won't"
That is the silliest comment of the year. You mean a govt that has not gone half way in its 4yr tenure "has proven he cant and wont" deliver on power?

Just to draw an analogy, the lagos railway project that ought to have been completed by Jakande in the 80s is still uncompleted after 14yrs of ACN rule. What can you say about that? Has the ACN also proven they "can't and won't" deliver on the only significant project under its control?

You also wrote "provision of electricity does not require miracle". If Buhari said he cant also provide the stable electricity that "does not require miracle" until 2019, and many of you are advocating Buhari as the messiah, what then do we do to have this stable electricity that "does not require miracle"?
https://www.nairaland.com/1166955/buhari-intended-stabilize-electric-power
Re: Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 by rusher14: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"but this one has proven he can't and won't"
That is the silliest comment of the year. You mean a govt that has not gone half way in its 4yr tenure "has proven he cant and wont" deliver on power?

Just to draw an analogy, the lagos railway project that ought to have been completed by Jakande in the 80s is still uncompleted after 14yrs of ACN rule. What can you say about that? Has the ACN also proven they "can't and won't" deliver on the only significant project under its control?

If that's the best repartee you could come up with please try again.

Do not detract from the fact that GEJ has been at least 2nd in command for so many years and nothing has changed.

There is no evidence of change (positive change if you want to be finicky).

If the ACN are incompetent, then they are incompetent.

Doesn't change the fact that Jonathan has performed woefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole / Amaechi: Work On Lagos-Calabar Railway To Start This Year / El-Rufai: We Are Looking At Building Schools 30 Mins From Military Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.