Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,296 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16754 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
maclatunji:

Who in the Bible is a Christian? You cannot exist without your source. The more you say the Catholic Church is not true to Jesus (AS), the more you make it clear that Christianity is not a reliable means to seek God. Add this to confused Christians like Bukatyne and you know I am so right.

Please stop ranting about what you don't know. Do you know what 'Christian' means?

Read Acts of the Apostles and know who the Christians are.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: really?? My dear i dont believe in many "god". For me God is one.

So you believe that Christians and Muslims serve the same God?

INTERESTING!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
bukatyne:

INTERESTING!
its catholics and muslims rather.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by xtayle(m): 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: i guess u also have a problem with english language you are on your own, i said it before that u have a problem with english! You asked where d hail mary is in d bible, i showed you and d next thing u do, is to shout worship did u see anything like worship in what i said? GO back to school and learn to comprehend english.

the bolded simply means anyone who gave birth to him has born God the son. The person is d mother of God d son.
I repeat: english!

May be you don't know but let me tell you. Catholics do not even worship Mary the mother of Jesus that they deceptively claim they worship. They just used her for cover up. Actually, they worship a roman goddess called d "queen of heaven". The romans founded d Catholic Church to worship their goddess because they believe she's the wife of God. They called her holy mary just to legitimize her worship biblically.

So they formed their church and designed their acceptable mode of worship outside d ordinances of the bible. Their service (or is it mass) is guided by a special book completely in contrast with the teachings of the bible.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2013
xtayle:

May be you don't know but let me tell you. Catholics do not even worship Mary the mother of Jesus that they deceptively claim they worship. They just used her for cover up. Actually, they worship a roman goddess called d "queen of heaven". The romans founded d Catholic Church to worship their goddess because they believe she's the wife of God. They called her holy mary just to legitimize her worship biblically.

So they formed their church and designed their acceptable mode of worship outside d ordinances of the bible. Their service (or is it mass) is guided by a special book completely in contrast with the teachings of the bible.

u are absolutely right, i have heard pual ii,ascribe glory to the "queen of heaven", it was broadcast live that day. i was so heat wih a great surprise. the members may not know this, this is just unfortunate.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 12:17am On Mar 28, 2013
bukatyne:

He is already ignorant...

Pray for his spiritual eyes to be opened.

hmmm..ya, its true. i wa like him when i was in white garment church. i thought everything was right i never knew i was going to hell with all the ungodly practises. believe me the ony thing tht can open a mans eyes in this wicked and satanic world is the bible. except christians read the bible themselves, many of them will remain in bondage everyday. i pray it wont be so in Jesus name.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Just like you are yet to see that the worship of aprons and your pastor is idolatary!!you really make me laugh!! Lords chosen in over 80 countries world wide indeed.in which of these countries do they have up to 1% of the contry's population.your church is too infitesimal for me to even start comparing with the geographical spread and evangelical work of the catholic church.Your church will not even match up with even one religious society in the catholic church let alone the whole church

my friend, we dont worship apron, mary, chaplets, queen of heaven, angels, men or money. we worship the true living God, which is Jesus Christ. O' pls spare me catholic expansion of their territories. pls friend, tell me, i pray u, where the bible say we should pray to mary or apostles or even use chaplets to pray. friend, do you know that ever since you have been posting your comment here, u have never quoted one verse in the bible to back your comments up, just like i hav been doing. hmmm...i pray God will give you the grace to begin to read thw bible yourself in Jesus name. friend, i love u with a Godly love and i want u to leave the catholic to a bible believing church.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 28, 2013
peteregwu:

my friend, we dont worship apron, mary, chaplets, queen of heaven, angels, men or money. we worship the true living God, which is Jesus Christ. O' pls spare me catholic expansion of their territories. pls friend, tell me, i pray u, where the bible say we should pray to mary or apostles or even use chaplets to pray. friend, do you know that ever since you have been posting your comment here, u have never quoted one verse in the bible to back your comments up, just like i hav been doing. hmmm...i pray God will give you the grace to begin to read thw bible yourself in Jesus name. friend, i love u with a Godly love and i want u to leave the catholic to a bible believing church.

Since you know the bible so well why don't you show me where the bible asks us not to say the rosary or asks saints not to intercede for us.

Also show me where bible alone is in the bible.show me where the bible asks us to use or worship aprons
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Maclatunji, I don't know if simple English is difficult for you to comprehend...

We don't serve the same God or have anything is common. Is this too difficult for you to understand?

The Bible is much too incorrupt really? By the Quran's standards? Why are you so interested in tying the Bible and Quran together?

Please park somewhere abeg!

Who is tying what to what? Is it Muslims that come knocking on people's doors clutching Bibles and saying- 'Believe in Jesus'? See insult- Ignorant ones trying to teach the enlightened.

There cannot be two Gods so which other 'God' are you talking about.

The question I have for you is: Are you serving God at all?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Since you know the bible so well why don't you show me where the bible asks us not to say the rosary or asks saints not to intercede for us.

Also show me where bible alone is in the bible.show me where the bible asks us to use or worship aprons

now by your question, i understand that you are just not serious, and not ready to know the truth. all your arguement has no basis at all. imagine you a christian asking me "where did bible say we should not prAy with rosary. i believe you are not asking this question in ignorant, its just that u love to be where you are. this just pathetic. remember i told u that i was in white garment church before i came out. at that time, i started reading the bible for myself, then by the guidance of the word of God i started discovering the truth of the bible, then i have to leave. then we used to pray with different colours of white candles, cocoanuts, and calling the names of angels in prayer. u see now, was that not bondage? if i had died in such situation, dont you know i would have ended up in hell fire, because i was not born again then. pls friend, dont joke with Gods word be serious about it. because the bible says, "the word that i speak, that word will stand against you in d day of jugemnt."

John 3: 19-21 KJV. "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On Mar 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

a. Read Matt 6: 7: "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

b. Read 1Tim 2: 5: "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Saints or Mary can not mediate for us. The Holy Spirit is our intercessor Rom 6: 26 - 28 therefore, no saint can intercede for us. We can not pray to the dead or make request of them.

Do you also know that all Christians are saints? "To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours" 1 Corinthians 1:2

Do you know that all Christians are priests? "But you (all Christians) are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; " 1 Peter 2:9

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 28, 2013
bukatyne:

a. Read Matt 6: 7: "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

b. Read 1Tim 2: 5: "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Saints or Mary can not mediate for us. The Holy Spirit is our intercessor Rom 6: 26 - 28 therefore, no saint can intercede for us. We can not pray to the dead or make request of them.

Do you also know that all Christians are saints? "To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours" 1 Corinthians 1:2

Do you know that all Christians are priests? "But you (all Christians) are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; " 1 Peter 2:9

What a refreshing and powerful exhortation to those who belong to false religion but also us who are true believers.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 28, 2013
peteregwu:

now by your question, i understand that you are just not serious, and not ready to know the truth. all your arguement has no basis at all. imagine you a christian asking me "where did bible say we should not prAy with rosary. i believe you are not asking this question in ignorant, its just that u love to be where you are. this just pathetic. remember i told u that i was in white garment church before i came out. at that time, i started reading the bible for myself, then by the guidance of the word of God i started discovering the truth of the bible, then i have to leave. then we used to pray with different colours of white candles, cocoanuts, and calling the names of angels in prayer. u see now, was that not bondage? if i had died in such situation, dont you know i would have ended up in hell fire, because i was not born again then. pls friend, dont joke with Gods word be serious about it. because the bible says, "the word that i speak, that word will stand against you in d day of jugemnt."

John 3: 19-21 KJV. "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

Why don't you use the bible to subtantiate your crazy postulations!! Where did the bible ask us not to say the rosary or not to ask the saints not to pray for us!!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2013
"10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you." - Deuteronomy 18:10-12

"Do not defile yourselves by turning to mediums or to those who consult the spirits of the dead. I am the LORD your God." - Leviticus 19:31

"Men and women among you who act as mediums or psychics must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense." - Leviticus 20:27

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HXpkJxLTnKU/URrbTVf53RI/AAAAAAAAGbo/49G8r1qptZo/s1600/jesus+one+way.jpg[/img]
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Why don't you use the bible to subtantiate your crazy postulations!! Where did the bible ask us not to say the rosary or not to ask the saints not to pray for us!!

where hav you placed Jesus in your heart? have you replaced Him with mary by the way u are thought. 1 Timothy 4:1 KJV. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"

if in the "name of Jesus every knee bows" then whose knee will be left to bow to the catholic mary? the catholic will declare, "hail mary full of grace, pray for us sinners." they are on their way to hell. The blood of Jesus cleanses from sin. 1 John 1:7 KJV
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Now you have giving mary the position of God. Do u know how God detest this. This has been the plan of satan from the beginning to usurp Gods position. Jesus is the one full of grace an not mary.
Philippians 2:9-11 KJV. "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." the bible says every knees, including the satan, demons, all children of God, desciples and prophets in the bible, angels in heaven and all things in existence including mary, pastors, pope and reverends. My catholic friends, flee from worshipping mary and bowing to pope to kiss his ring.

O my Dear Lord, why have many falling to the doctrine of demons. Flee from the wrath to come, Jesus will destroy all wickedness and those that practice them.

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

my dear brother, what u've been told is a simple truth that's if u believe in the bible. Since u came of age and discovered that many christians do not pray with the rosery or to Mary or death saints, have u ever, honestly ask y? And open ur bible in a sincere efforts to know the truth? What is christianity? Does christianity have anything to do with these 'perculiar' practices? Pls leave 'church', no church died for u, but christ did. Jesus himself said "i am the way, the truth and the life, NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER BUT BY ME'. JOHN 14:6(kjv) so we dont pass tro Mary or any saint, pastor Lazarus or father Mbata, pastor chris, Adeboye, Oyedekpo, Joshua etc, its Christ ALONE and He is the only one that interceeds for us as our high priest, 'wherefor he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him ,seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them''. Heb 7:25(kjv) . So pls my brother nobody is against u, we only want u to be born again, by acepting Jesus as ur personal Lord and Saviour, give ur life to him, "and that he died for all. That they which live shnuld not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them and rose again", 2cor 5:15 (kjv) when u pray to Mary and dead saints it mean you dont recognise Christ and all that he did and gave. God bless.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by AtheistD(m): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Who is tying what to what? Is it Muslims that come knocking on people's doors clutching Bibles and saying- 'Believe in Jesus'? See insult- Ignorant ones trying to teach the enlightened.

There cannot be two Gods so which other 'God' are you talking about.

The question I have for you is: Are you serving God at all?

Muslims do that too. Muslims proselytize on street corners as well. That is something both religions have in common.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
No wonder people fail waec exams.simple questions show me where the bible says we should not pray rosary and you are here blabbing.

Where in the bible is bible alone preached.

Is it right to remove books from the bible because they go against my beleifs?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
bukatyne:

INTERESTING!
i believe God alone know those who trully serve him and he alone can save them.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2013
xtayle:

whee did the romans found the catholic church? I dey wait for ya answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.