Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16751 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: hahahaha, you are deluded. I repeat i'm a catholic christian, if catholic cant be xtians neither can protestant, protestanism is an offshoot of catholicism.
I wonder at you delusion.

This is correct, all of you cannot be better than Catholics with Christian knowledge.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
vedaxcool:

You would notice I have refuse trading words with him, ever since he was exposed as telling lies against Pope Francis, we know before u guys the sort of man he is one whose fanaticism short circuits every functional brain cell in his head time to time, the same individual back in 2011 made a living attacking Islam and now unfortunately for u catholics it is your turn who next, people like frosbel are found in every religion, they think they know all, and hence act irrationally regardless of the sort of evidence in his face!

When religions dialogue with one another they do not necessary accept each others validity rather they accept their rights to coexist with each other and live in peace unfortunately our mr. Know all can't seem to get this simple fact!
oga, d guy tire me! He is just twisting everything! How does a call for dialogue means christians should stop preaching.
This religious fanatism is serious.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel: Another bomb gone off in Kano and we should have dialogue ?

Peace and Violence cannot belong to the team.

To associate Jesus the Prince of Peace with the perpetrators of war and violence is a big NO NO.

"Deliver us (me) from those who do iniquity And save us (me) from men of bloodshed." - Psalm 59:2
be at peace with all men.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji:

That is what you have been told and never bothered to research independently. We don't 'practice the bible'. Islam is the religion that is ordained for man since Adam was created, the story of Abraham is in the Quran and significantly different from the Bible.

Your ignorance is exposed when you say Isa (Jesus) is Isaac (AS). It was actually Ishmael that was to be sacrificed not Isaac (AS).
hehehe, we are back to d agelong arguement of who was sacrifice.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
[quote author=peteregwu][/quote] pray tell me, what deception is found in calling for dialogue?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
peteregwu:

is like you have not been reading most of the post here. we are disputing about religion. we are condemning what pope is doing, he who claims to be a christian, which also brought about muslims arguing with us. an point of correction, Jesus is the only way an the only way of receiving mercy from God. God cant show mercy to anyone except through His Son. if anyone does jot believ on the son, the person is doomed forever, no matter his charity donation. if the person like, let him feed the whole nation.

John 3:16-18 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
peteregwu:

is like you have not been reading most of the post here. we are disputing about religion. we are condemning what pope is doing, he who claims to be a christian, which also brought about muslims arguing with us. an point of correction, Jesus is the only way an the only way of receiving mercy from God. God cant show mercy to anyone except through His Son. if anyone does jot believ on the son, the person is doomed forever, no matter his charity donation. if the person like, let him feed the whole nation.

John 3:16-18 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
and what is d pope doing that is worth condemning? Since when did a call for dialogue become a condemable thing?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: and what is d pope doing that is worth condemning? Since when did a call for dialogue become a condemable thing?

i dont know why you in support of pope, it could b that you are a muslim or catholic. now please read carefully the statement that pope made below,

He then praised the Muslim leaders that
had also come for the meeting, remarking
that they were men who “adore the one,
living, and merciful God and who call upon
Him in prayer.”

hmmmm

“I might not believe in God, but I believe
that Catholics and atheists can work
together just as all of humanity can work
together towards equality and justice when
we put the needs of modern people first
and the arcane doctrine second,” he
concluded.

A 'Pope' who dosn't believe in God?!
Hummmm...!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2013
No man is worthy or holy except Jesus(God).
Romans 3:10 KJV. "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

Without Jesus, we are nothing andbour righteousness is like a filthy rat before Him. Isaiah 64:6 KJV
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Jesus is truely and the only one worthy off all worship an praises. And the only one that has power to forgive sin.

Revelation 4:8 KJV
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Revelation 4:11 KJV
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
"That at the name of
Jesus every knee should
bow, of things in heaven,
and things in earth, and
things under the earth" -
Philippians 2:10
Don't tell me that Catholicism
doesn't worship Mary!!! The below
photo says it all. Pope John Paul II
worshipped Our Lady of Fatima
(Mary) and not the Lord Jesus
Christ.

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Andyforte: 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
No one can have a dialogue with Islam. It's just a waste of time and foolishness. And someone here is asking me to study it for myself.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ce3jay(m): 12:24am On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel:

"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons." - 1 Corinthians 10:21

Jesus has nothing to do with false religion.

@ Brethren,

do not be deceived !!!
Who are d ''demons'' need i remind u dat as a child no one chose d family dey were born into....we need to accept other religions.....its all about ur personal relationship with GOD..
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 24, 2013
You cannot dialogue with a man determined to destroy you.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ooman(m): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2013
davidylan: You cannot dialogue with a man determined to destroy you.

You can beg for mercy. tongue
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ceejayluv(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:

which one be bull shit now? any cow or ram shit for your house? where bullshit take come from now? who told you that? my friend there are many churches then that you know not of. just because catholic is claiming to be the only church in existence does not mean it is the true church. Jesus says, "i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail over it." the church is not the building according to the bible, the church is every individual christians following the words of the bible dully. so catholic church na babalawo church...cos they worship idol(images) and the pray with chaplets. Jesus says, "by their fruits you shall know them."
So who are you to determine the "true" church? Oh, cos your "pastor" told you, right?? Are you wiser than a billion Catholic members worldwide??
I'm not a Catholic chauvinist, I'm more of a freethinker but born into a Christian (Catholic) family. I'm all for religious tolerance and avoidance of religious condemnation. All religions started some time and more "religions" (more like philosophies and beliefs) will still spring up. In the next 1000 years or so, it's possible christianity May take a backseat. I call it a religious "darwinism"... That was how christianity and Islam spread- by displacing other religious beliefs by violence or craftiness or influence...
Brother, don't give bigoted arguments. have a broader view and you'll be less venomous in your utterances.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by colonel78: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2013
Point of corection my friend, we muslims dont revere mary,pls dont be bias, always get your facts corect.
frosbel:

exactly, Catholics and their Mary worship, almost on the same par with Muslims who revere Mary to almost godlike status.

Same , all over.

Come to Jesus and receive life , stop lingering in the valley of death.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:

i dont know why you in support of pope, it could b that you are a muslim or catholic. now please read carefully the statement that pope made below,

Him in prayer.”

hmmmm

concluded.

Hummmm...!
THE POPE IS AN ATHEIST? And Catholics claim that they are christians, wonders shall never end, Frosbel has been vindicated.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
ceejayluv:
So who are you to determine the "true" church? Oh, cos your "pastor" told you, right?? Are you wiser than a billion Catholic members worldwide??
I'm not a Catholic chauvinist, I'm more of a freethinker but born into a Christian (Catholic) family. I'm all for religious tolerance and avoidance of religious condemnation. All religions started some time and more "religions" (more like philosophies and beliefs) will still spring up. In the next 1000 years or so, it's possible christianity May take a backseat. I call it a religious "darwinism"... That was how christianity and Islam spread- by displacing other religious beliefs by violence or craftiness or influence...
Brother, don't give bigoted arguments. have a broader view and you'll be less venomous in your utterances.

pls as a true christian, we dont follow the multitude, we follow the word of God(bible). Romans 3:4 KJV "God forbid: yea, let God (bible)be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

now, what is the basis of your point? i base my argument on the word of God, which is the truth and the only truth. just because the billions of people or catholic are having the same belief does not mean they are right. Exodus 23:2 KJV
"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment :"

the bible is what you should use to compare or discern if somebody is standing on the truth. even if my pastor preaches a lie, by the word of God i will quickly discern that his teaching is false. that is why the bible is made available for us all. so that no one will deceieve us in the name of a pastor or pope. dont be deceived my brother. "by their fruits, you shall know them," the bible says. and the same bible says if anyone or angel from heaven preach to us another Jesus or a false gospel of the truth, let him be accursed.

the bible says, that in this end time many will be deceived. that is exactly what is happening many false teachings today. just like the teachings of catholic. praying to mary, use of rosary or chaplets like muslims, worshipping of idols or images.

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:
neither do i know why you are accusing the pope, maybe because you are a non catholic or you just hate people who call for dialogue.
Him in prayer.”
this is why i asked frosbel to read d full text. Besides d muslims i live among all profess to worship one God living and merciful as their prayer says "praise to allah d beneficient and merciful,...." So what is d problem.

hmmmm
concluded.
you have started lying! This is why i told u guys to read what the pope said.
The pope never said d above, he never mentioned d above. The above are d words of Lius Ruuska, an atheist, not d pope.
Please make research before u start lying by mistake.
Hummmm...!
d pope didnt say dat.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu: No man is worthy or holy except Jesus(God).
Romans 3:10 KJV. "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

Without Jesus, we are nothing andbour righteousness is like a filthy rat before Him. Isaiah 64:6 KJV
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Jesus is truely and the only one worthy off all worship an praises. And the only one that has power to forgive sin.

Revelation 4:8 KJV
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Revelation 4:11 KJV
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

who are you to tell me not to call my fellow xtian holy when d bible calls us holy?
D bible calls us saints, from d greek "hagia" meaning "holy". I posses d righteousnes of christ, it has been imputed to me! I am righteous.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:
"That at the name of
Jesus every knee should
bow, of things in heaven,
and things in earth, and
things under the earth" -
Philippians 2:10
Don't tell me that Catholicism
doesn't worship Mary!!! The below
photo says it all. Pope John Paul II
worshipped Our Lady of Fatima
(Mary) and not the Lord Jesus
Christ.

you are diverting d thread! What concerns dialogue with muslims and mary.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
christemmbassey: THE POPE IS AN ATHEIST? And Catholics claim that they are christians, wonders shall never end, Frosbel has been vindicated.
where did to pope claim to be an atheist??
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
christemmbassey: THE POPE IS AN ATHEIST? And Catholics claim that they are christians, wonders shall never end, Frosbel has been vindicated.
where did to pope claim to be an atheist??
U just jump at anything u see becos u love insulting catholics.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: who are you to tell me not to call my fellow xtian holy when d bible calls us holy?
D bible calls us saints, from d greek "hagia" meaning "holy". I posses d righteousnes of christ, it has been imputed to me! I am righteous.
the only truth i've ever heard from u, however, it applies only to the christian faith not catholic faith. Oh I wish ud bcome a christian.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ceejayluv(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:

pls as a true christian, we dont follow the multitude, we follow the word of God(bible). Romans 3:4 KJV "God forbid: yea, let God (bible)be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

now, what is the basis of your point? i base my argument on the word of God, which is the truth and the only truth. just because the billions of people or catholic are having the same belief does not mean they are right. Exodus 23:2 KJV
"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment :"

the bible is what you should use to compare or discern if somebody is standing on the truth. even if my pastor preaches a lie, by the word of God i will quickly discern that his teaching is false. that is why the bible is made available for us all. so that no one will deceieve us in the name of a pastor or pope. dont be deceived my brother. "by their fruits, you shall know them," the bible says. and the same bible says if anyone or angel from heaven preach to us another Jesus or a false gospel of the truth, let him be accursed.

the bible says, that in this end time many will be deceived. that is exactly what is happening many false teachings today. just like the teachings of catholic. praying to mary, use of rosary or chaplets like muslims, worshipping of idols or images.
**yawning** you're just being bigoted... please don't even bring the end time hoax into this... The Catholic church is over a thousand years old and the world hasn't ended. And so what if their rosary prayer is apparently similar to Muslims'?? Every denomination has their modus operandi- you have zero rights to condemn any religion/ denomination on their mode of prayer. You're quoting Bible verses like that's the issue here. Come on!! If you're chatting with a buddhist and quoting the verses then you've got to get your head examined. Be open-minded, that's my opinion.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: who are you to tell me not to call my fellow xtian holy when d bible calls us holy?

you have misunderstood me or the bible. we dont merit holiness, neither do we deserve it. the bible says for all have sinned and ome short of the glory of God. rom 3:23. we are made righteous by the grace of Goe n Christ Jesus. so, trying to call somebody or uour pastor by th name, His holiness, is an abomination. we refer to ourselves as brother or pastor, considering ones position in the church. even in the bible, when a man rushed to Jesus and calling Jesus, "good master," Jesus replied him dont call me good for no man is good except God. now, you see what i mean? if Jesus as God Himself in flesh refusing to be called good, hw much more we sinners in flesh. my friend read youf bible.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:

you have misunderstood me or the bible. we dont merit holiness, neither do we deserve it. the bible says for all have sinned and ome short of the glory of God. rom 3:23. we are made righteous by the grace of Goe n Christ Jesus. so, trying to call somebody or uour pastor by th name, His holiness, is an abomination. we refer to ourselves as brother or pastor, considering ones position in the church. even in the bible, when a man rushed to Jesus and calling Jesus, "good master," Jesus replied him dont call me good for no man is good except God. now, you see what i mean? if Jesus as God Himself in flesh refusing to be called good, hw much more we sinners in flesh. my friend read youf bible.
*yawns*
no one merits righteousnes and no one deserves it. But my bible itself call christian "holy" the moment d merits of christ has been applied to them. If d bible bears witness that xtians are called holy what stops me from calling d next christian saint, holy, ur holiness?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
christemmbassey: the only truth i've ever heard from u, however, it applies only to the christian faith not catholic faith. Oh I wish ud bcome a christian.
hehehe, leave ur fantasy and enter reality.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ubenedictus:
*yawns*
no one merits righteousnes and no one deserves it. But my bible itself call christian "holy" the moment d merits of christ has been applied to them. If d bible bears witness that xtians are called holy what stops me from calling d next christian saint, holy, ur holiness?

the bible declearing us holy ones does not mean we should boast over it. This is exactly what i am saying, we dont go about claiming or shouting or even taking the name "his holiness". it does not show humility before God. you want to take th name of God or Gods position.

Matthew 23:8-10 KJV
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. [9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. [10] Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

if you a son of the president does no mean you are a president. let believers humble theirselves before the Lord. desciples in the bible refer to themselves as brothers, evangelist, pastors or prophets. see let me tell you, if you are a true born again christian, if people call you his holiness, u will feel bad about it because the holy spirit will make u know this. this exactly what Jesus came into the world to teach us, how to serve God and walk in His will in humility not in boasting pride because "we can of ourselves do nothing". despite all the miracles and being the one (Jesus) without sin(the holy one), Jesus never cherish the name, "good master," He rejected it immediately, seeing Himself as nobody to bear such name but ascribing it to God alone.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
peteregwu:

the bible declearing us holy ones does not mean we should boast over it. This is exactly what i am saying, we dont go about claiming or shouting or even taking the name "his holiness". it does not show humility before God. you want to take th name of God or Gods position.

Matthew 23:8-10 KJV
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. [9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. [10] Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

if you a son of the president does no mean you are a president. let believers humble theirselves before the Lord. desciples in the bible refer to themselves as brothers, evangelist, pastors or prophets. see let me tell you, if you are a true born again christian, if people call you his holiness, u will feel bad about it because the holy spirit will make u know this. this exactly what Jesus came into the world to teach us, how to serve God and walk in His will in humility not in boasting pride because "we can of ourselves do nothing". despite all the miracles and being the one (Jesus) without sin(the holy one), Jesus never cherish the name, "good master," He rejected it immediately, seeing Himself as nobody to bear such name but ascribing it to God alone.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
UBE is not a christian but a catholic am sure he listened to pastor chris,.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
christemmbassey: UBE is not a christian but a catholic am sure he listened to pastor chris,.

well, God loves everyone. anyway the reason many christians are deceieved is because they refuse to have bible studies on their own or compare teachings they here with the bible.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by xtayle(m): 7:17am On Mar 25, 2013
Classicalman: Catholics are not suicide bombers.

My brother, they are worse than suicide bombers.

Tell me if "hail mary is biblical". Where in d bible is it stated that mary is the mother of God? Tell what scriptures support the doctrine of Rev. Father, Rev. Mother or Sister? What about confession? If a catholic commits murder, all he need do is confess to a rev. father and he's believed to be forgiven.

The Mafia world is a Catholic affair. What other info do you need to know that they are not better than terrorists. Assassination is a regular plot and d hallmark of Mafia groups and the Catholic Church is their stronghold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu Celebrates 60th Wedding Anniversary / 22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.