Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,319 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16756 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

Muslims are worshipping the true God. The man is stylishly telling you the truth..better listen for ya own good.

I have talk my own.

Good night y'all smiley

So human beings are now saved by :

1. Screaming there is one GOD
2. washings hands and feet
3. Praying 5 times a day facing ONLY Mecca
4. Going on pilgrimage
5. Giving alms.

Do you really think these works of the flesh and traditions of men , which by the way are also practised by many other religions around the world, will save you on the last day ?

You think God cares about the outward appearance and outward show of the flesh ? Even the devils believe in one GOD and tremble but they are not saved, not now,not ever.

Only a holy life lived by the Power of the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus will save you , young woman.

Without holiness, no man or woman will see God , despite their frantic and fanatical efforts to please him by their own effort while rejecting his Son who was sent for the redemption of all mankind.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Danice253: 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Peace at what cost ? At the cost of selling out Jesus , just like many false prophets do in Nigeria today , no ?

Jesus no longer has a say, the Holy Spirit is redundant and Yahweh is passive

Are you telling me that the God of heaven and earth does not know what he is doing and needs the Pope to utter blasphemies in his name and pretend to speak for his bride, the bride of Christ.

Mate, we are at war and I do not mean physical war, we are in a spiritual warfare and Jesus is leading his forces from victory to victory , no dialogue with the spirit of the anti-Christ , not now , not ever.

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords." - Revelation 19 : 11-16

my Brother dnt 4get dat God created mankind 2 live in peace nd harmony. Am aware dat light and darkness have nothing in come. The position of d pope is for peace 2 reign in the world. Everyone has right 2 whorship as it is even enshrined in the contitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
kwajahafiz:

No point to be corrected sir..
Islam is a religion of muslims...
just as one can say, make peace with
Christianity, not christians.
what is tacitly implied is peace with the religion not just its adherents. because peace with Islam is peace with muslims......
Its wise to think before one gives vent, or one might run the risk of appearing ignorant.

On the contrary dude, it would not have cost the pope anything to recognise Muslims in the context of his speech. It is a wee bit condescending to say dialogue with 'Islam' in the context he spoke, we both know it is pratically impossible to dialogue with a concept that is 'abstract'. Leave the semantics, he knew what he was doing and saying.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

Muslims are worshipping the true God. The man is stylishly telling you the truth..better listen for ya own good.

I have talk my own.

Good night y'all smiley

u dont seem to understand what is going on beneath, my sister. the pope wants to lure all religions together in other to bring about one world religion, to pave way for the man of sin to come in and rule for 7yrs, just like the bible told us. this is in the bible. look at the man u are listening to, what does he have to offer you? now you have believed him just because he said muslims are worshipping the true God. this is somebody that worahipps ido(queen of heaven). let me tell you that the catholic is a dofferent religion entirely from christianity.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Peace at what cost ? At the cost of selling out Jesus , just like many false prophets do in Nigeria today , no ?

Jesus no longer has a say, the Holy Spirit is redundant and Yahweh is passive

Are you telling me that the God of heaven and earth does not know what he is doing and needs the Pope to utter blasphemies in his name and pretend to speak for his bride, the bride of Christ.

Mate, we are at war and I do not mean physical war, we are in a spiritual warfare and Jesus is leading his forces from victory to victory , no dialogue with the spirit of the anti-Christ , not now , not ever.

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords." - Revelation 19 : 11-16

Muslims have been talking to and working with Christian leaders for a long time. Nothing you can do about it with your radical evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Muslims have been talking to and working with Christian leaders for a long time. Nothing you can do about it with your radical evangelism.

Indeed , but not leaders who have been ordained by GOD , rather , with false teachers and self appointed false prophets.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Danice253:

my Brother dnt 4get dat God created mankind 2 live in peace nd harmony. Am aware dat light and darkness have nothing in come. The position of d pope is for peace 2 reign in the world. Everyone has right 2 whorship as it is even enshrined in the contitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.

I agree bro, we can worship anything, in fact you can bow before a stone, no one cares, what gets me riled up is when people misrepresent the position of Jesus.

The position of Jesus is , HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH not the POPE and therefore he speaks on it's behalf, no merging with false religion.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by joek(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
The World is ripe for harvest;I can only pray that I become worthy of the marriage of the Lamb.Jesus is coming soon; repent of your sins and give your life to God.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by bleufaucon: 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Catholicism and Islam are one and the same...despotic and evil entities that require to be completely obliterated from the face of the earth. The blood of the innocents cries out from the ground against this gigantic institution of all that is callous and devious.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

exactly, Catholics and their Mary worship, almost on the same par with Muslims who revere Mary to almost godlike status.

Same , all over.

Come to Jesus and receive life , stop lingering in the valley of death.

Everytime God mentions Jesus (AS) in the Qur'an, He adds Son of Mary to it because He is telling you that your claim that 'Jesus is the son of God' is totally wrong. The Qur'an corrects the wrong teachings and excesses of Christians.

"They say: 'God hath begotten a son' :Glory be
to Him.-Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the
heavens and on earth: everything renders
worship to Him. (The Noble Quran, 2:116)
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
maclatunji:

it does not matter if they have been doing it for years. the thing is that, they are not working for Jesus but the antichrist(satan) that is coming to rule for 7yrs in this end time. satan is using them to bring about hs plan. the point is this, muslim and christian is not the samd and cant be same. i dont hate muslims, but this is just he fact in the bible. we dont worship the same God, Jesus is our God. but the muslims does not believe in that, that is why we are far apart.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
bleufaucon: Catholicism and Islam are one and the same...despotic and evil entities that require to be completely obliterated from the face of the earth. The blood of the innocents cries out from the ground against this gigantic institution of all that is callous and devious.

I won't go so far and say they should be obliterated, we are talking of two systems here , the people God loves immensely as we all should , but we agreed these 2 systems are responsible for endless bloodshed over a millennia.

The Catholic church during the crusades and Inquisitions 'drank blood' blood like vampires while the Muslims conquered nations after slaying countless thousands and then forcing the people to either convert to Islam or die. This is continuing even today.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
peteregwu: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. smiley

Amen brother.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Reference(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Trying to educate the gullible on what the catholic church means when they say dialogue, it has nothing to do with telling them ,out of love, that they need to believe in Jesus to receive eternal life or they will be forever lost.

The catholic dialogue from experience and practice is an all embracing ecumenical attempt to conglomerate all religions under one umbrella in the name of peace and humanity, while caring less for the integrity and honor of the gospel.

Hmm. Are we seeing the prelude to the one religion movement leading to.... which we have heard so much about. Am all ears.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by LADEMINUS: 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
For a church that has existed and evolved over centuries... It is not unexpected for individuals and bodies to look for ways to vilify it. I will only go as far as state that there is NO way, this church would have survived this long, but for the grace of GOD!
And about the lies being posted above about pictures to which my good friend mis reported the events. This is a small eye opener

jloughnan.tripod.com/shiva.htm
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
LADEMINUS: For a church that has existed and evolved over centuries... It is not unexpected for individuals and bodies to look for ways to vilify it. I will only go as far as state that there is NO way, this church would have survived this long, but for the grace of GOD!
And about the lies being posted above about pictures to which my good friend mis reported the events. This is a small eye opener

jloughnan.tripod.com/shiva.htm

Wrong.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by jentlsoul: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

I agree bro, we can worship anything, in fact you can bow before a stone, no one cares, what gets me riled up is when people misrepresent the position of Jesus.

The position of Jesus is , HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH not the POPE and therefore he speaks on it's behalf, no merging with false religion.
o boy do u know better than pope?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
jentlsoul: o boy do u know better than pope?

nope
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by chinedum45(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
[b][/b]note these
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Wsdm: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
peteregwu:

it does not matter if they have been doing it for years. the thing is that, they are not working for Jesus but the antichrist(satan) that is coming to rule for 7yrs in this end time. satan is using them to bring about hs plan. the point is this, muslim and christian is not the samd and cant be same. i dont hate muslims, but this is just he fact in the bible. we dont worship the same God, Jesus is our God. but the muslims does not believe in that, that is why we are far apart.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
You mean that the son of Mary( Jesus) is your God. What a blasphemy! I guess he created himself. You people are so deluded to ascribe Lordship to a mortal. What is the differences between you and a 'STONE'/ IDOL worshipers? And on your quotations on why Christians should not be friends with other religion, what is your differences with boko haram?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by chinedum45(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Humans! From what was posted by op I read....
helping to reduce poverty
preserving or maintaining nature
then peace.
why are u intentionally closing Ur eyes to others and see wrong in dialogue?
DO We need peace in our today's world? If NO den u are devil's advocate and if yes, how do we achieve peace?
the pope said dialogue. What is wrong with that? Has dialogue not been affirmed as the best way to resolution? Why abuse education and profess stupidity to achieve mischievous opinions?
I support the dialogue.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hope Tha Bros Pop That CrackaCardinal
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by hussyhassy: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
the pic shwn here kissd by d pope is never a qur an bcs a non muslim is prohibited frm touching it talk more of kissing
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Coldblooded(m): 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
I m so surprised on the way most pple think. Most of us r so myopia n shallow-minded dat dey read negative meanings to even d most innocuous comments.D Pope called for peace & u are complaining & making biased comments.Do u expect Him to advise d xtian populace to pick up arms against d muslims? Do u derive joy in watching d lingering tears & tension btw d Westerners & d Arab world?.....I tire for some pple!!!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alhajii, I got the 50 Cal Fam......You Ready?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Set up the meeting, sit him in the chair 18 centimeters off the Left Fourth Story Corridor

#Espionage
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by meinme: 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

If that is the case, if it is God that directs discovery of science, one would expect science to quickly find answer to diseases like AIDS and other genetic disorder.

Is God busy now? why hasn't he led us to curing cancer?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by meinme: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

If that is the case, if it is God that directs discovery of science, one would expect science to quickly find answer to diseases like AIDS and other genetic disorder.

ooman:

ooman:

May God have mercy on you. You shall be judged by your words, deeds and actions; be careful with the words that proceeds from your mouth.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by aurenflani: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

I am addressing the title of the post btw and not his entire speech which has a lot of good parts.

The crux of the matter is dialogue for what purpose ? Are Muslims going to believe that Jesus Christ is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE ? If no , then there is no room for dialogue but prayer and preaching of the word of God to the lost , day and night.

St.Paul and co did not compromise with false religions or negotiate with them, they preached Christ and him crucified , they did not receive the applause and adoration from government or the false religion of the day, instead they were jailed, whipped, cursed, abused, rejected and killed.

There is no other way Pal but Jesus.

Any person who suggests otherwise is a wolf and hireling and careth not for the sheep.

Yes we should love all people, help all people with our resources, care for the poor and speak out against oppression, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is eternal life and freedom from sin , to deny people of this , is wickedness personified.

The kind of dialogue you christianism ppl shy away from. Ahmed deedat and pope john Paul comes to mind. Hide and seek.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alhajii, I got the m50...You Ready My Brother?? Ain't nobody trynna listen to this CrackaCardinal Spit this Bullshit.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
aurenflani:

The kind of dialogue you christianism ppl shy away from. Ahmed deedat and pope john Paul comes to mind. Hide and seek.

tell me brother, you know we can never agree on a middle ground, you believe Islam is the only way, we believe Jesus is the only way, how can we meet with compromise ? Except you are willing to believe in Jesus for eternal life, as for me and my house, Jesus all the way smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.